Here are our current job openings. Please view the details for more information, and apply from that page if you are interested.
Use the criteria below to search within our open positions. Make multiple selections by pressing the Ctrl key (or Command key if using a Mac) and clicking your choice.
Click column header to sort
Are you passionate about building great software, working with smart and motivated software engineers, and solving incredible technical challenges? Then this opportunity is for you! The AWS Database Services team is looking for Systems Development Engineers to work on our AWS Redshift development team
We're looking for true "Dev" and "Ops" people. Some of these people might have come from a traditional "Sys Admin" role, but have a solid understanding of Computer Science fundamentals and the ability to dive deep into code to find and fix issues, as well as building their own software systems that are more than just scripts. Other candidates could be Software Engineers who have a passion for not just building software, but seeing it all the way through the lifecycle into production, and then owning the day-to-day operations of a deployed system.
Regardless of your background, the ideal person will be passionate about building and running large scale services, will have experience with software engineering, Linux server administration, and excellent troubleshooting skills.
Alexa is the Amazon cloud service that powers Echo, the groundbreaking new Amazon device designed around your voice. We believe voice is the most natural user interface for interacting with technology across many domains and are looking for people that will help us shape the future of Alexa.
We are looking for a Software Development Engineer to help define and implement features that will drive customer engagement for Alexa. As a Software Development Engineer in the team, you will define software architecture to support this vision and guide a team of developers to implement it with you. You will work closely with your product and development counterparts to make sure we incorporate customer input into our new service and define requirements to meet technical options. In addition, you will coordinate software development across multiple teams, ensuring our service and other Amazon services are designed to work in conjunction. You will have a unique opportunity to define our system, architecture and product, turning a vision into a live product.
We are looking for passionate, hard-working, and talented Software Engineers who have experience building innovative, mission critical, high volume applications. You will have an opportunity to make a critical impact on the design and architecture of cutting edge products used every day, by people you know.
- Be responsible for the architecture of software solutions, determining current limitations and compatibilities between subsystems, selection of new concepts and methodology, and development of core systems/components.
- Lead coding and software development of a complex, cross-functional, customer facing program.
- Design and implement system architecture and underlying components. Establish design principles, select design patterns, and instill best practices for software development across multiple teams
- Anticipate bottlenecks, provide escalation management, anticipate and make trade-offs, and balance the business needs versus technical constraints.
- Work effectively with team members to gain consensus on technical decisions and execute them. We have a big task and collaboration with other development engineers is key for success.
- Ensure that appropriate software engineering practices are employed to deliver high quality results.
Amazon Web Services (AWS) provides companies of all sizes with an infrastructure web services platform in the cloud. With AWS, you can requisition compute power, storage, and other services – paying as you go for only the resources you need. Amazon Redshift is rapidly growing, fast and powerful, fully managed, petabyte-scale data warehouse service in the cloud. It enables customers to dramatically increase their query performance when analyzing virtually any size data set using the same SQL-based business intelligence tools they use today. Amazon Redshift manages all the work needed to set up, operate, and scale a data warehouse, from provisioning capacity and installing software to monitoring and backing up the cluster, to applying patches and upgrades. By automating these labor-intensive tasks, Amazon Redshift enables customers to spend their time focusing on their data and business insights, rather than on procuring and managing infrastructure.
Joining the Amazon Redshift team gives you the opportunity to:
- Solve challenging problems that will revolutionize database computing in the cloud
- Build a quality product that will leverage the scale of resources available in the cloud
- Work for a company that’s a recognized leader in the cloud computing space
- Be involved in the fast growing, big data space
We are looking for candidates with expertise and passion for building high quality, large scale distributed database systems in the cloud. In this role, you will have responsibility for:
- Designing, developing and executing large scale functional, stress and performance tests
- Execution and maintenance of existing test frameworks
- Developing and deploying new test frameworks and monitoring systems
- Reviewing new database technical requirements and assist in the development of a quality strategy for the new features
- Gaining deep understanding of the AWS products and drive their quality
- Working with other teams to deliver and operate large scale, distributed services in the cloud
- Drive quality initiatives and point out areas that require attention.
- Be able to define success criteria broadly and deeply within the system.
Amazon Lab126 is an inventive research and development company that designs and engineers high-profile devices like the Kindle family of products. Lab126 began in 2004 as a subsidiary of Amazon.com, Inc. Since then, we have worked to produce best-selling e-readers and tablets, as well as new inventions like Fire TV. What will you help us create?
Work hard. Have fun. Make history.
As a Senioe Software Development Engineer, you will be in charge of building core technologies to embed the multilingual and multi-cultural framework into the products.
We are looking for a talented, detail-oriented and enthusiastic Software Development Engineer who is passionate about quality and is enthusiastic about digital products. The person chosen for this position will have the opportunity to contribute their creative ideas and energy to our group. Duties include research, design, implementation, documentation, and maintenance of systems and the creation of software services and tools to drive the software development process towards higher quality.
In this role will:
- You will take part in the implementation and customization of software, working closely with the whole application teams while delivering the best core engines in the platform level.
- You will be working on cutting edge technologies in the market today. The development will be from the concept stage to the launch stage and ensuring the highest level of quality for your deliverables.
Interested in developing next generation communication and notification platforms? The AWS Infrastructure team is looking for full-stack software developers with experience in building real-time, scalable, distributed systems. We leverage AWS technologies to operate on a global scale and deliver low-latency, highly-available services to customers, systems, and mobile devices across Amazon. In pursuit of that mission, we are looking for experienced software developers to help design, build, and launch these platforms. If you are intrigued, please keep reading. Do you:
- Obsess over software performance and challenge yourself and others to deliver highly scalable, low latency, reliable and fast services to a variety of platforms?
- Possess great ideas and know how to solve problems, but also follow through with a clean and maintainable implementation?
- Have a high bar for coding excellence and a passion for design and architecture?
- Want to work with the latest AWS technologies to achieve rapid scale?
If yes, then we might have a role for you. We are small, product-centered teams of passionate software engineers that are looking to delight our customers by building awesome software – while working hard, having fun, and making history.
Job description for Senior Principal, Manufacturing Technical Specialist (MTS)
The Principal drives innovation in manufacturing and process development at Lab126 and serves as a technical advisor to the Director of Advanced Manufacturing Engineering (AME). She/he plans and executes strategic initiatives to advance manufacturing and maximize business impact with limited resources. She/he deals with the most complex and highly technical problems with the positive impact to cost, quality, and customer experience and is expected to
1. Identifies opportunities to advance manufacturing technology; expected to conceive, propose, and sell new concepts, and address all aspects of technology readiness for production. Creates robust methodology and processes to deliver manufacturing process and technology to products with superior project execution.
2. Leads the definition, design, architecture, implementation, and delivery of the most advanced, difficult, and ambiguous solutions spanning across AME.
3. Partners with AME leadership on long term strategy to advance manufacturing. Quantify the bottom-line impact (ROI) to the business and AME’s competitive position in the industry.
4. Ensures the Principal community within AME is effectively collaborates to achieve objectives set for a coherent technical vision and delivering solutions that fit together.
5. Initiates and drive projects independently with a creative approach based on adequate research to ensure solutions are manufacturable with minimal support from others. Influence other technical domain experts within AME and across Lab126 to increase productivity, effectiveness, and impact.
6. Architects wide-impact solutions from the ground-up and provide business acumen and justification for the decisions.
7. Accountable for successful development and deployment of process / solutions delivered in Asia which includes articulating the priority of activities – holding technical resources to a high bar.
8. Serve as an authority on technical issues and making difficult trade-off decisions by both the technical and business community - a role model for the technical community across Asia.
9. Relentlessly breaks down the most complex problems into the right domain and demonstrates innovation, creativity, and judgement when solving challenging problems.
10. In Asia, builds credibility for the role, AME, and Lab126’s technical community by sharing overall strategy and implications of ongoing initiatives.
The AI team within AWS is responsible for setting the AI strategy and delivering machine learning services across multiple segments and requirements to AWS customers. Today, the team delivers multiple initiatives such as AWS DeepLens, Amazon Rekognition, and Amazon SageMaker.
In this role, you will be getting in on the ground floor of a new project to bring machine learning and deep learning to more developers worldwide.
You'll use your passion for technology and solving customer problems to develop and drive product plans, using DeepLens as an inspiration, to develop an exciting offering for customers.
As a Senior Product Manager, you will be part of the larger product leadership community at AWS. This community plays a critical role in the broad business planning, working closely with senior executives to develop business targets and resource requirements, influences our long-term technical and business strategy, helps us hire talented team of PMs and ultimately enables us to deliver innovative new solutions rapidly. You will be seen as the subject matter expert for your area of focus within Amazon AI.
A successful candidate will bring a passion for technology services, strong business acumen and judgment, ability to define visionary, ground breaking products, desire to have an industry wide impact and ability to work within a fast moving environment in a large company to rapidly deliver services that have a broad business impact.
You will manage and be responsible for understanding customer needs and delivering some of our most strategic technical projects, and have a significant bottom-line impact on our business and competitive position.
Your responsibilities will include:
Lead Product Definition – Own and drive the customer working backwards strategy, tenets, long-term goals and working backwards documents (press release, FAQ) including customer and market feedback, competitive analysis and business metrics to inform direction.
Define Product Vision – Including all aspects to future roadmap, investment, innovation and experimentation.
Execution of Product Planning and Development – Including customer goals and business requirements for product release, ensuring implementation is aligned with product goals and requirements, and ownership of product positioning.
Lead Product Launch – Own the GTM plan to deliver results that ensure the customer and business goals are met in operational launch plans.
Lead Operations – Including monitoring and response to customer feedback, continuous improvement and business growth
Lead interaction with Technical Team – Including helping the technical team make tradeoffs based on customer requirements, QA/testing of the product.
Lead and mentor technical product managers
Influence senior leaders across Amazon and communicate Amazon AI’s vision, strategy, goals, status, and customer impact
Amazon Lab126 is an inventive research and development company that designs and engineers high-profile consumer electronics. Lab126 began in 2004 as a subsidiary of Amazon.com, Inc., originally creating the best-selling Kindle family of products. Since then, we have produced groundbreaking devices like Fire tablets, Fire TV, and Amazon Echo. What will you help us create?
We are a smart team of doers that work passionately to apply cutting-edge advances in robotics, machine learning, computer vision, and other related areas to solve real-world challenges. This will transform our customers’ experiences in ways we can’t even imagine yet. Key responsibilities will be to conduct research and development in these areas, and to collaborate with cross-functional engineering teams to put the concepts you develop into production. You will determine where commercially available solution and academic research can be applied to solve Amazon business problems, as well as identify opportunities for innovation. You will use a large amount of data to train and test algorithms to bring them up to production level quality.
In this role, you will
- Work closely with Product and Customer Experience teams to help define behaviors for our products
- Investigate ways to use learning-based techniques to improve these behaviors
- Apply research in Robotics, Machine Learning, and Human Computer Interaction. If needed, extend existing algorithms, or develop new ones
- Write code (in C++/Java/Python) to prototype and productize this research
- Figure out ways to collect data to train, test and improve these algorithms
Amazon Lab126 is an inventive research and development company that designs and engineers high-profile consumer electronics. Lab126 began in 2004 as a subsidiary of Amazon.com, Inc., originally creating the best-selling Kindle family of products. Since then, we have produced groundbreaking devices like Fire tablets, Fire TV and Amazon Echo. What will you help us create?
The Product Operations group is looking for an individual who wants to work on a business that is growing at a rapid pace. We are a critical part of the Product Management and Hardware development process and are accountable for successful fulfillment for product launches and ongoing support. Our team is growing and needs new talent to increase the capabilities of our current systems and drive continuous improvement.
As a Senior Operations Program Manager, you will engage with an experienced cross-disciplinary staff to conceive, design and develop innovative consumer products. You must be responsive, flexible and able to succeed within an open collaborative peer environment. In this role, you will:
· Be the leader and accountable for the Operations and Supply Chain organization.
· Demonstrate ability to manage multiple complex programs - program management, facilitation, work prioritization, planning and task delegation
· Have excellent communication and writing skills.
· Manage schedule health by driving weekly meetings with manufacturing partner for build planning and readiness, with input and support from cross-functional leads.
· Collaborate with cross functional teams and manufacturing partner to develop manufacturing processes, process flows, capacity model, equipment/ fixture designs, quality control plans, establish implementation schedules and validation plans prior to any Engineering build.
· Represent all of Operations within the product design teams and the organization at large. Use previous experience to influence and negotiate for DFX, supply chain, testability, error proofing and simplification features.
· Collaborates with cross-functional teams and manufacturing partner to record, drive and ensure resolution of all technical and process issues.
· Influence cross functional teams across the organization
· Report out on program updates on a weekly, monthly basis to all levels of the organization.
Amazon Alexa is the voice service behind Amazon Echo. We are hiring software engineers who share our passion for enabling it on all IoT devices and not just Echo. Interested? Come join our team!
As a member of the team you will be responsible for leading the development and launch of core product features. You will have significant influence on our overall strategy by helping define these product features, drive the system architecture, and spearhead the best practices that enable a quality product.
The ideal candidate is clearly passionate about new opportunities and has a demonstrable track record of success in delivering new features and products. A commitment to team work, hustle, and strong communication skills (to both business and technical partners) are absolute requirements. Creating reliable, scalable, and high performance products requires exceptional technical expertise, a sound understanding of the fundamentals of Computer Science, and practical experience building scalable software products. This person thrives in delivering high quality technology solutions in a hyper-growth environment where priorities shift fast.