Here are our current job openings. Please view the details for more information, and apply from that page if you are interested.
Use the criteria below to search within our open positions. Make multiple selections by pressing the Ctrl key (or Command key if using a Mac) and clicking your choice.
Click column header to sort
Alexa is the groundbreaking cloud-based intelligent agent that powers Echo and other devices designed around your voice. Our mission is to push the envelope in Artificial Intelligence (AI), Natural Language Understanding (NLU), Machine Learning (ML), Dialog Management, Automatic Speech Recognition (ASR), and Audio Signal Processing, in order to provide the best-possible experience for our customers.
As an Ontologist for Alexa Ontology team based in Seattle, you will play central role in defining strategy for federated ontology across Alexa and Amazon. You will design and implement core ontologies, define standards and rules for creating new ontologies and provide expertise around knowledge structures and linguistic analysis.
· Identifying, securing, and leveraging data resources from various teams and sources of knowledge to generate context-relevant information
· Searching for and extracting relevant facts from structured and unstructured data
· Working with team across Alexa to identify and map concepts across domains to support different types of question and answers
· Working with content creators to identify, develop, and migrate content structuring and tagging
· Assisting with data cleaning and QA
· Curating, organizing, and classifying the data with appropriate concept models and taxonomies
· Extending data with synonyms, relationships, and other semantic enrichment
· Working with other service teams to model their domains, and intersecting the models to create a larger Alexa domain
· Leading tool development and new data initiatives
· Working with content developers to normalize new and existing vocabularies
· Identifying and connecting to other taxonomy and ontology teams within Amazon to facilitate data sharing, standards and practices, and reduce data redundancies
· Evangelize the role of Taxonomy and Ontology in Alexa
· Define requirements for different tools to validate federated ontologies
· Be the subject matter expert for Lexicons
This position is for a Senior Software Engineer that will develop software for new services and will work with teams both within Amazon and externally to architect solutions that enable the use of these new services. This role will ensure we will meet our customer needs by working with the broad Amazon community to help understand their use cases and will bring their evolving directions and trends into the product.
Alexa is the Amazon cloud service that powers Echo, the groundbreaking new Amazon device designed around your voice. We believe voice is the most natural user interface for interacting with technology across many domains; we are inventing the future.
This role will work with a focused team of product managers, engineers building out new products and features on Alexa. You will have an enormous opportunity to impact the customer experience, design, architecture, and implementation of a cutting edge product that will be used every day by people you know.
We are looking for entrepreneurial, innovative individuals who thrive on solving tough problems. Maturity, high judgment, negotiation skills, ability to influence, analytical talent, and leadership are essential to success in this role.
You will anticipate bottlenecks, provide escalation management, anticipate and make tradeoffs, and balance customer and business needs versus technical constraints. An ability to take large, complex projects and break them down into manageable pieces, develop functional specifications, then deliver them in a successful and timely manner is expected.
Amazon Web Services (AWS) continues to expand its global presence in multiple verticals with large international and domestic customers, in complex business and regulatory environments. Do you have an extensive background in delivering strategic outcomes for security, resilience and compliance with a passion for working with customers to solve complex security and regulatory aspects of the cloud and help them safely transition their data centers to the AWS platform?
Increasingly, more and more companies are using AWS to move their core business applications to the cloud. AWS is looking for passionate and experienced security professionals to work with these customers to help guide their vision, address risks and implement their security, resilience and compliance strategies on the AWS platform.
The ideal candidate should be an experienced and innovative cyber and security professional with exceptional stakeholder management skills and who has the ability to advise and deliver strategic outcomes across a wide range of industry sectors and challenging environments. They are willing to challenge, dive in to the details, and show how AWS can support complex security, resilience and compliance strategies, to CEO and Board level.
This key position requires broad experience supporting vertical industry and will have high visibility at the most senior levels of customer organizations. The position will work closely with AWS BD team, Solutions Architect teams, InfoSec team. The candidate will be able to interpret the impacts of industry and regulatory changes, and track and report on industry trends.
- Lead the conversation on security, risk and compliance with key AWS customers
- Help customers understand how they can integrate AWS security controls into their own control frameworks and recommending approaches to implement their controls on AWS.
- Direct AWS Solutions Architects, BDs and Partner teams across multiple engagements within each customer to drive targeted outcomes and consistent advice and outcomes
- Work with customers to resolve complex security concerns and problems and achieve security, resilience and compliance outcomes are on the AWS platform through deep dive discussions, strategic presentations/recommendations, and hands on demonstrations in the AWS environment
- Develop industry or China security related, customer-facing resources based on projected customer needs and current demand
- Build great relationships and confidence to help customers understand how to react and respond to security incidents
- Assist the AWS InfoSec team in determining the strategic direction of the various AWS security and compliance programs based on customer interaction and demonstrative metrics.
- Be and remain connected with industry trends and security events primarily in China, but also throughout the world as it relates to industry regulations and standards.
- Develop and maintain personal relationships with key industry personnel and policy makers in China.
- Keep the AWS SA leadership team fully informed of customer engagement status, issues, and activities.
Amazon Lab126 is an inventive research and development company that designs and engineers high-profile consumer electronics. Lab126 began in 2004 as a subsidiary of Amazon.com, Inc., originally creating the best-selling Kindle family of products. Since then, we have produced groundbreaking devices like Fire tablets, Fire TV, and Amazon Echo. What will you help us create?
We are a smart team of doers that work passionately to apply cutting edge advances in robotics and software to solve real-world challenges that will transform our customers’ experiences in ways we can’t even imagine yet. As a QA Engineer in this team, you will be working with a unique and gifted team building exciting products for consumers and collaborate with cross-functional engineering teams, including Amazon Robotics.
As a QAE on the team, you will champion the quality of our features in our development pipeline using both automated and manual tests, reporting and verifying defects, and signing-off on features and release candidates. You will own authoring and the execution of test plans and test cases. You will have a significant impact in the quality and delivery speed of our software, our business, and most importantly our customers. You will work closely with developers, product managers, and other QA in order to ensure the features we deliver to our customers have a high level of quality. In addition, you will also have the opportunity to propose improvements to our existing processes and automated tools in order to improve the team’s speed, quality and efficiency.
The candidate will have good hands-on experience in test automation and testing, with good knowledge of the core software testing techniques.
Alexa is Amazon’s groundbreaking virtual assistant designed for voice interactions. We believe voice is the most natural interface for interacting with technology across many domains. We are looking for a Program Manager to join our team located in beautiful Santa Barbara, CA.
As a Program Manager, you will work with our broader group to drive individual projects with significant impact on our business.
A successful candidate will be a senior level individual contributor that excels at influencing without authority, dealing with ambiguity and is capable of operating at all levels. They will possess a strong attention to detail, a reputation as someone who focuses on the customer, brings simplified solutions to complex problems and does what they say they will do.
- Design, drive and complete projects end-to-end
- Coordinate with external parties either in Amazon or outside to execute programs with minimal oversight
- Dive deep on complex data issues and simplify our future processes
- Generate insightful reports based on deep analytical research
- Identify program goals and strategic initiatives 1-3 years out
- Provide leadership and mentoring to more junior members of the team
Alexa is the Amazon cloud service that powers Echo, the groundbreaking new Amazon device designed around your voice.
This role reports to the leader for the Household Organization - Tasks team and will own product management for how customers use voice to organize their lives and become more productive.
· Lead the development of the consumer-focused product strategy and vision supported by internal and external analysis
· Define creative, high quality, simple product roadmaps based on team strategy and vision
· Develop detailed, crisp business requirements and user stories that can be used to create product specifications and architecture for each product and application
· Manage prioritization and trade-offs among customer experience, performance and operational support load
· Create buy-in for the product vision both internally and with key external partners
· Work closely with engineering teams and program management to deliver products to market
· Drive product launches including working with public relations team, executives, and other product management team members
· Proactively identify and resolve strategic issues that may impair the team’s ability to meet strategic, financial, and technical goals
Amazon Lab126 is an inventive research and development company that designs and engineers high-profile consumer electronics. Lab126 began in 2004 as a subsidiary of Amazon.com, Inc., originally
creating the best-selling Kindle family of products. Since then, we have produced groundbreaking devices like Fire tablets, Fire TV, Fire phone, and Amazon Echo. What will you help us create?
Work hard. Have fun. Make history.
The Amazon Devices Hardware team is looking for a Program Manager (PM) to report into the Operational Excellence organization, who will be responsible for ensuring alignment between our resources, roadmap, and strategic initiatives. The successful candidate will work across all development team managers, project managers, finance, and business owners to build, monitor, and maintain a resource-loaded project roadmap, and manage the project intake and prioritization process. In this role, you will:
- Manage the process of forecasting resource requirements (headcount and budget) and analysis for both individual program-level reviews as well as annual planning cycles
- Use your understanding of the business as well as a technical understanding of our products to act as the primary liaison between finance and Hardware teams to predict, defend and optimize head count
- Oversee and program manage ongoing development of an internally-built head count forecasting tool, including expansion of the tool into organizations outside of Hardware
- Identify and drive continuous improvement initiatives to optimize the capacity of the Hardware organization and ensure we have the right teams in place to deliver against the device roadmap
- Work with Product Management teams to influence the device & accessories roadmaps in alignment with business priorities and constraints
- Communicate targets to Hardware leadership and identify risks and gaps for each function
- Track changes to resource requirements based on roadmap and business developments
A Principal Manufacturing Technical Specialist (MTS) is a Subject Matter Expert in multiple technical disciplines, impactful across Amazon, and provides leadership to senior and principal engineers in innovating world class manufacturing processes. The right individual will be a recognized industry leader in consumer electronics manufacturing. A Principal MTS Engineer is highly independent and makes high value assessments and decisions while balancing both the tactical and strategic needs of the operations organization. A Principal will collaborate with executive management and technical leaders to anticipate strategic needs and develop systems and processes to address. The right individual will evaluate new proposals for technical merit, challenge assumptions, and provide final decisions on next steps. A Senior Principal will work cross functionally with the Amazon principal community to innovate and define future technologies enhancing the customer experience for all product categories. The right individual will have ask the difficult questions to dive deep in solving complex problems and be a role model in developing the right methods and approaches to provide a framework for others to solve problems in a systematic way. The Principal MTS Engineer reports to the AME Director, AME.
Day to Day duties
· Combine technical analysis and business acumen to create well-informed, strategic decisions impacting the entire company.
· Lead manufacturing process implementation for new product introduction including;
o Attend new technology reviews to provide leadership in identifying and mitigating critical manufacturing issues early with the engineering teams
o Work closely with cross functional departments to ensure seamless processes/adherence to best practices
o New technology evaluation and process development for Operations
o Lead Lab126 and Amazon engineering and operations groups to help drive efficiencies and innovation to establish world best manufacturing processes
o Lead the development and execution of new manufacturing projects through the Manufacturing New Technology Initiative (NTI) Process
o Collaborate with other members of the AME direct staff, such as Manufacturing Test Engineering (MTE), Manufacturing Technical Management (MTM), and Manufacturing Design Engineering (MDE), to address tactical issues and align on strategic vision with the AME Director.
o Develop and mentor Top Tier Technical Talent across the operations organization
o Write and present technical and narrative “stand alone” documents to communicate ideas and concepts to all levels of the organization.
o Collaborate with engineering peers to develop common methods to achieve manufacturing Key Performance Indicators (KPIs).
o Develop, evaluate, document, and improve processes leading to Year on Year improvements as measured by First Pass Yield (FPY), CpK (process capability), Non-recurring engineering (NRE) and Capital Expenditure Costs.
o A role model in exemplifying Amazon Leadership Principles and Principal Engineer Tenets
· Foreign and domestic travel as needed up to 25%
Areas of Focus
· New Technologies: Either individually or collaboratively identify, evaluate, develop and scale new manufacturing processes to enable innovative products
· “Fast-Fail” Techniques: Develop statistical means to evaluate new processes/ technologies. Define methods, measures, experiments, and sample sizes to evaluate new processes to increasing success rate and confidence levels in final decisions
· Statistical Methods: Advancing the use of statistical methods to solve complex process problems in a systematic way, and minimize number of builds, experiments, and test units to reach conclusions with high statistical confidence.
· Thinks Big: Leveraging Amazon wide strengths (AWS/Machine Learning) to create greater synergies for the Lab126 operations team to solve complex current and future problems.
· Educate, Advocate and Mentor: Be a role model and create an environment for MTS and MTS engineers to be role models in collaborating and explaining on new ideas and processes to technical and management peers.
· Technically Fearless while being Balanced and Pragmatic: Constantly challenge our ways of business and processes while weighing the benefits and opportunity costs to implement.
Alexa is a cloud-based voice service that powers Amazon Echo family of devices to enable interactions with technology using just your voice. The Alexa Information group is responsible for answering all information-related questions for customers as well as building delightful customer experiences around them. We cover a wide variety of verticals such as weather, sports, traffic, local search, etc. and are continually growing into new verticals as well as starting new initiatives within existing ones.
As a Senior Product Manager, you will participate in developing the strategy and vision for the group, and you will develop and look after product roadmaps and features based on team strategy and vision. This role is inherently cross-functional -- you will work closely with engineering, design, operations, finance and executive teams to bring features to market and develop and grow business opportunities for Amazon. A successful candidate will be highly analytical, able to work extremely effectively in a matrix organization, and adept at synthesizing a variety of technologies and capabilities into high quality, simple products and applications that customers love.
- Lead the development of the consumer-focused product strategy and vision supported by internal and external analysis
- Define creative, high quality, simple product roadmaps based on team strategy and vision
- Develop detailed, crisp business requirements and user stories that can be used to create product specifications and architecture for each product and application
- Manage prioritization and trade-offs among customer experience, performance and operational support load
- Create buy-in for the product vision both internally and with key external partners
- Work closely with engineering teams and program management to deliver products to market
- Drive product launches including working with public relations team, executives, and other product management team members
- Proactively identify and resolve strategic issues that may impair the team’s ability to meet strategic, financial, and technical goals