Here are our current job openings. Please view the details for more information, and apply from that page if you are interested.
Use the criteria below to search within our open positions. Make multiple selections by pressing the Ctrl key (or Command key if using a Mac) and clicking your choice.
Click column header to sort
Amazon Web Services (AWS) provides companies of all sizes with an infrastructure web services platform in the cloud. With AWS, you can requisition compute power, storage, and other services – paying as you go for only the resources you need. Amazon Redshift is rapidly growing, fast and powerful, fully managed, petabyte-scale data warehouse service in the cloud. It enables customers to dramatically increase their query performance when analyzing virtually any size data set using the same SQL-based business intelligence tools they use today. Amazon Redshift manages all the work needed to set up, operate, and scale a data warehouse, from provisioning capacity and installing software to monitoring and backing up the cluster, to applying patches and upgrades. By automating these labor-intensive tasks, Amazon Redshift enables customers to spend their time focusing on their data and business insights, rather than on procuring and managing infrastructure.
Joining the Amazon Redshift team gives you the opportunity to:
- Solve challenging problems that will revolutionize database computing in the cloud
- Build a quality product that will leverage the scale of resources available in the cloud
- Work for a company that’s a recognized leader in the cloud computing space
- Be involved in the fast growing, big data space
We are looking for candidates with expertise and passion for building high quality, large scale distributed database systems in the cloud. In this role, you will have responsibility for:
- Designing, developing and executing large scale functional, stress and performance tests
- Execution and maintenance of existing test frameworks
- Developing and deploying new test frameworks and monitoring systems
- Reviewing new database technical requirements and assist in the development of a quality strategy for the new features
- Gaining deep understanding of the AWS products and drive their quality
- Working with other teams to deliver and operate large scale, distributed services in the cloud
- Drive quality initiatives and point out areas that require attention.
- Be able to define success criteria broadly and deeply within the system.
Amazon Lab126 is an inventive research and development company that designs and engineers high-profile devices like the Kindle family of products. Lab126 began in 2004 as a subsidiary of Amazon.com, Inc. Since then, we have worked to produce best-selling e-readers and tablets, as well as new inventions like Fire TV. What will you help us create?
Work hard. Have fun. Make history.
As a Senioe Software Development Engineer, you will be in charge of building core technologies to embed the multilingual and multi-cultural framework into the products.
We are looking for a talented, detail-oriented and enthusiastic Software Development Engineer who is passionate about quality and is enthusiastic about digital products. The person chosen for this position will have the opportunity to contribute their creative ideas and energy to our group. Duties include research, design, implementation, documentation, and maintenance of systems and the creation of software services and tools to drive the software development process towards higher quality.
In this role will:
- You will take part in the implementation and customization of software, working closely with the whole application teams while delivering the best core engines in the platform level.
- You will be working on cutting edge technologies in the market today. The development will be from the concept stage to the launch stage and ensuring the highest level of quality for your deliverables.
Alexa is Amazon's groundbreaking virtual assistant designed for voice interactions. We believe voice is the most natural interface for interacting with technology across many domains. Our team is responsible for making Alexa smarter by developing knowledge graph technology to help Alexa understand our world.
We are seeking a Software Development Manager to lead and grow a nascent technical team focused on enabling natural-language question answering for enterprises through Alexa. You will manage a team of engineers and product managers in designing, developing, testing, and deploying a range of services to accomplish this mission, spanning voice, desktop, mobile, and cloud platforms as well as back-end systems.
This is a distinctive opportunity to bring a new service to market and lead a high-performing team committed to fundamentally changing the way employees and customers interact with data.
What you will do
- Be very hands-on: work closely with engineers to design and build scalable technical solutions, manage the day-to-day development activities, participate in design review, code review, and implementation
- Equip the team with the necessary resources to execute on aggressive timelines
- Manage staffing, program resources, and professional development
- Help define the product roadmap and priorities, report on status of development, quality, operations, and system performance to senior management
- Work across multiple teams to remove obstacles and external dependencies
- Work with enterprise customers and prioritize features to fullfill their needs
Interested in developing next generation communication and notification platforms? The AWS Infrastructure team is looking for full-stack software developers with experience in building real-time, scalable, distributed systems. We leverage AWS technologies to operate on a global scale and deliver low-latency, highly-available services to customers, systems, and mobile devices across Amazon. In pursuit of that mission, we are looking for experienced software developers to help design, build, and launch these platforms. If you are intrigued, please keep reading. Do you:
- Obsess over software performance and challenge yourself and others to deliver highly scalable, low latency, reliable and fast services to a variety of platforms?
- Possess great ideas and know how to solve problems, but also follow through with a clean and maintainable implementation?
- Have a high bar for coding excellence and a passion for design and architecture?
- Want to work with the latest AWS technologies to achieve rapid scale?
If yes, then we might have a role for you. We are small, product-centered teams of passionate software engineers that are looking to delight our customers by building awesome software – while working hard, having fun, and making history.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
Blink was the result of one of the most successful crowdfunding campaign ever and is now part of Amazon Devices, the consumer electronics division that brings you the Kindle, Fire Tablets, Fire TV, and Echos!
Blink builds the completely wireless, affordable, and battery operated home security cameras that send motion-activated alerts and HD video to your smartphone for an amazingly affordable price. Our vertically integrated engineering team works on algorithms, ASICs, hardware, firmware, cloud software and mobile applications to deliver products that customers love. We are seeking dynamic software development engineers to join our growing firmware team.
- Create best-in-class firmware running on our Blink devices
- Take technical ownership of bringing a product to market
- Interact with other teams across Blink and Amazon to ensure product quality and cohesiveness
- Lead regular system architecture, software design, patent filing, and interview cycles
- Work closely with our marketing and customer support teams to discover new ways to delight the customer
Job description for Senior Principal, Manufacturing Technical Specialist (MTS)
The Principal drives innovation in manufacturing and process development at Lab126 and serves as a technical advisor to the Director of Advanced Manufacturing Engineering (AME). She/he plans and executes strategic initiatives to advance manufacturing and maximize business impact with limited resources. She/he deals with the most complex and highly technical problems with the positive impact to cost, quality, and customer experience and is expected to
1. Identifies opportunities to advance manufacturing technology; expected to conceive, propose, and sell new concepts, and address all aspects of technology readiness for production. Creates robust methodology and processes to deliver manufacturing process and technology to products with superior project execution.
2. Leads the definition, design, architecture, implementation, and delivery of the most advanced, difficult, and ambiguous solutions spanning across AME.
3. Partners with AME leadership on long term strategy to advance manufacturing. Quantify the bottom-line impact (ROI) to the business and AME’s competitive position in the industry.
4. Ensures the Principal community within AME is effectively collaborates to achieve objectives set for a coherent technical vision and delivering solutions that fit together.
5. Initiates and drive projects independently with a creative approach based on adequate research to ensure solutions are manufacturable with minimal support from others. Influence other technical domain experts within AME and across Lab126 to increase productivity, effectiveness, and impact.
6. Architects wide-impact solutions from the ground-up and provide business acumen and justification for the decisions.
7. Accountable for successful development and deployment of process / solutions delivered in Asia which includes articulating the priority of activities – holding technical resources to a high bar.
8. Serve as an authority on technical issues and making difficult trade-off decisions by both the technical and business community - a role model for the technical community across Asia.
9. Relentlessly breaks down the most complex problems into the right domain and demonstrates innovation, creativity, and judgement when solving challenging problems.
10. In Asia, builds credibility for the role, AME, and Lab126’s technical community by sharing overall strategy and implications of ongoing initiatives.
Amazon Lab126 is an inventive research and development company that designs and engineers high-profile consumer electronics. Lab126 began in 2004 as a subsidiary of Amazon.com, Inc., originally creating the best-selling Kindle family of products. Since then, we have produced groundbreaking devices like Fire tablets, Fire TV, and Amazon Echo. What will you help us create?
We are a smart team of doers that work passionately to apply cutting-edge advances in robotics, machine learning, computer vision, and other related areas to solve real-world challenges. This will transform our customers’ experiences in ways we can’t even imagine yet. Key responsibilities will be to conduct research and development in these areas, and to collaborate with cross-functional engineering teams to put the concepts you develop into production. You will determine where commercially available solution and academic research can be applied to solve Amazon business problems, as well as identify opportunities for innovation. You will use a large amount of data to train and test algorithms to bring them up to production level quality.
In this role, you will
- Work closely with Product and Customer Experience teams to help define behaviors for our products
- Investigate ways to use learning-based techniques to improve these behaviors
- Apply research in Robotics, Machine Learning, and Human Computer Interaction. If needed, extend existing algorithms, or develop new ones
- Write code (in C++/Java/Python) to prototype and productize this research
- Figure out ways to collect data to train, test and improve these algorithms
Amazon Lab126 is an inventive research and development company that designs and engineers high-profile consumer electronics. Lab126 began in 2004 as a subsidiary of Amazon.com, Inc., originally creating the best-selling Kindle family of products. Since then, we have produced groundbreaking devices like Fire tablets, Fire TV and Amazon Echo. What will you help us create?
The Product Operations group is looking for an individual who wants to work on a business that is growing at a rapid pace. We are a critical part of the Product Management and Hardware development process and are accountable for successful fulfillment for product launches and ongoing support. Our team is growing and needs new talent to increase the capabilities of our current systems and drive continuous improvement.
As a Senior Operations Program Manager, you will engage with an experienced cross-disciplinary staff to conceive, design and develop innovative consumer products. You must be responsive, flexible and able to succeed within an open collaborative peer environment. In this role, you will:
· Be the leader and accountable for the Operations and Supply Chain organization.
· Demonstrate ability to manage multiple complex programs - program management, facilitation, work prioritization, planning and task delegation
· Have excellent communication and writing skills.
· Manage schedule health by driving weekly meetings with manufacturing partner for build planning and readiness, with input and support from cross-functional leads.
· Collaborate with cross functional teams and manufacturing partner to develop manufacturing processes, process flows, capacity model, equipment/ fixture designs, quality control plans, establish implementation schedules and validation plans prior to any Engineering build.
· Represent all of Operations within the product design teams and the organization at large. Use previous experience to influence and negotiate for DFX, supply chain, testability, error proofing and simplification features.
· Collaborates with cross-functional teams and manufacturing partner to record, drive and ensure resolution of all technical and process issues.
· Influence cross functional teams across the organization
· Report out on program updates on a weekly, monthly basis to all levels of the organization.
Amazon Alexa is the voice service behind Amazon Echo. We are hiring software engineers who share our passion for enabling it on all IoT devices and not just Echo. Interested? Come join our team!
As a member of the team you will be responsible for leading the development and launch of core product features. You will have significant influence on our overall strategy by helping define these product features, drive the system architecture, and spearhead the best practices that enable a quality product.
The ideal candidate is clearly passionate about new opportunities and has a demonstrable track record of success in delivering new features and products. A commitment to team work, hustle, and strong communication skills (to both business and technical partners) are absolute requirements. Creating reliable, scalable, and high performance products requires exceptional technical expertise, a sound understanding of the fundamentals of Computer Science, and practical experience building scalable software products. This person thrives in delivering high quality technology solutions in a hyper-growth environment where priorities shift fast.
Software Developer - Amazon Web Services - Herndon, VA
Help us revolutionize the Cloud!
At Amazon Web Services, we like to “work backwards”: start by understanding what customers need and using that to guide our software engineering. We’re looking for software engineers passionate and experienced in listening to customers, synthesizing their needs, and rapidly iterating our services to quickly put features into customers’ hands. Our best ideas become even better when we get feedback from real customer use. The sooner we can get that feedback, the more quickly we can grow.
Customers using AWS Direct Connect establish high capacity connections between their existing IT infrastructure and the AWS cloud, enabling seamless integration and inter-operation of the two infrastructures. We listen closely to what customers tell us they need in networking services and work to deliver. Whether it’s a new DX network location, an improvement to an existing feature, or a radically new idea, we have consistently executed to deliver on these ideas.
Amazon has a fast-paced environment where we “Work Hard, Have Fun, Make History.” On a “typical” day, software engineers might whip up a prototype to prove or disprove an idea, instrument code to report a new metric, talk with customers, code up a feature, or draft a proposal for a radical new idea.
For detailed info regarding Direct Connect visit:
For more information on Amazon Web Services please visit: http://aws.amazon.com/