Here are our current job openings. Please view the details for more information, and apply from that page if you are interested.
Use the criteria below to search within our open positions. Make multiple selections by pressing the Ctrl key (or Command key if using a Mac) and clicking your choice.
Click column header to sort
Are you passionate about developing customer experiences in Android applications?
Prime Exclusive Phones is the name of Amazon's customized Android phone program that offers discounted phones to our Prime Customers. Come join our team and help us bring to life the next generation of mobile Alexa and Prime services to our on device experience. We’re looking for entrepreneurs who are passionate about innovating on behalf of customers, demonstrate a high degree of product ownership, and want to have fun while they make history.
Our engineers are top-notch software developers who love listening to the customers, working as a team, and proactively taking the lead whenever necessary. The successful candidate will be responsible for creating and delivering software solutions that has the potential to impact hundreds of millions customers around the world. In this role, you will have an opportunity to own design and development of key parts of applications. You will have influence on subsystem design and help build a team culture around practices that are critical to a quality product.
• Design and develop Android application software.
• Investigate, prototype, and deliver innovative software applications.
• Deliver high quality software through working in a dynamic, team-focused Agile/Scrum environment.
We are looking for a motivated Quality Assurance Engineer to help us bring to life the next generation of mobile Alexa and Prime services to our on device experience. We’re looking for entrepreneurs who are passionate about innovating on behalf of customers, demonstrate a high degree of product ownership, and want to have fun while they make history.
This position will involve developing test strategy, creating test plans, executing test cases in the lab and in the field, effectively communicating test results, finding & tracking bugs to resolution, and ultimately being a strong advocate for quality on the team. The right candidate for this role is someone who can quickly ramp up & understand the internals of our systems and independently debug issues.
Help us revolutionize the Cloud!
At Amazon Web Services, we like to “work backwards”: start by understanding what customers need and using that to guide our software engineering. We’re looking for software engineers passionate and experienced in listening to customers, synthesizing their needs, and rapidly iterating our services to quickly put features into customers’ hands. Our best ideas become even better when we get feedback from real customer use. The sooner we can get that feedback, the more quickly we can grow.
Customers using AWS Direct Connect establish high capacity connections between their existing IT infrastructure and the AWS cloud, enabling seamless integration and inter-operation of the two infrastructures. We listen closely to what customers tell us they need in networking services and work to deliver. Whether it’s a new DX network location, an improvement to an existing feature, or a radically new idea, we have consistently executed to deliver on these ideas.
Amazon has a fast-paced environment where we “Work Hard, Have Fun, Make History.” On a “typical” day, software engineers might whip up a prototype to prove or disprove an idea, instrument code to report a new metric, talk with customers, code up a feature, or draft a proposal for a radical new idea.
For detailed info regarding Direct Connect visit:
Alexa Machine Learning is looking for an experienced science leader to head a team of talented and passionate applied scientists in the field of Natural Language Processing (NLP). A successful candidate will have strong foundations in mathematics, statistics and machine learning with exceptional communication and leadership skills, and a proven track record of delivery under tight deadlines. Hands-on experience with large-scale, state-of-the-art automatic speech recognition, natural language understanding or other natural language processing systems is a plus.
Our mission is to push the envelope in NLP, in order to provide the best-possible experience for our customers. As an Applied Science Manager, you will lead a team of exceptional scientists to develop novel algorithms and modeling techniques to advance the state of the art in spoken language understanding. Your work will directly impact our customers in the form of products and services that make use of speech and language technology. You will leverage Amazon’s heterogeneous data sources and large-scale computing resources.
Amazon Web Services (AWS) runs one of the biggest networks in the world. We leverage big data technologies and deep network analytics software to drive network automation, performance, and reliability. As we scale and grow our team, we are looking for talented software engineer that want to get their hands into the core services that fuel the cloud infrastructure.
What will you do here? We give our engineers complete ownership of their realm, they start by gathering requirements, choosing technologies, designing features and spinning new services, coding and reviewing, deploying software across the globe and maintaining services. We might look big from the outside, but internally, the team feels like a startup.
We are thrilled about software and we are changing the landscape of networking technology with it, driving innovation through automation. We operate on an unimaginable scale, and keep reinventing our systems each year to drive the cost down for our customers while increasing the availability and scalability.
At Amazon we push the boundaries in robustness, fault-tolerance and smart adaptive algorithms that can react intelligently to real-world events. Software engineers on our team contribute to every phase of the development process and deploy scalable software systems worldwide.
We are a fast growing highly motivated team of software developers who thrive on solving challenging problems and building large-scale distributed software systems. Join us if you like working hard, having fun and making history. We do just that.
Have more questions? Talk to us! We'll be happy to setup an info call and chat to give more context and details about the job.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Vet
Visit www.amazon.jobs for more information.
At Amazon, we're working to be the most customer-centric company on earth. To get there, we need exceptionally talented, bright, and driven people. We are looking for an Operations Research Scientist to be a part of the Supply Chain Planning team who will build models and algorithms for demand forecasting and capacity planning ground up.
This position requires the ability to dive deep large amounts of data, have a great business sense, and the desire to influence key strategic decisions with data-modeled analysis. We offer a technologically-sophisticated, customer-focused, data-driven and friendly work environment. Research Scientists at Amazon work directly with diverse scientific teams including Software Development Engineers, Data Engineers and other scientists. In this role, you will have an opportunity to work on mathematical problems with a large element of unpredictability.
As a Research Scientist in the Planning/Materials group you will partner with planning, materials, and software development engineers to enhance system tools and business process capabilities. The main responsibilities of this role are:
- Design and develop complex mathematical, simulation and optimization models and apply them to define strategic and tactical needs and drive the appropriate business and technical solutions- Build a simulation based optimization platform to drive long-term decision making processes
- Prototype these models by using modeling languages such as R, MATLAB, Mosel or in software languages such as Python. A software team will be working with you to transform prototypes into production.
- Collaborate closely with the Operations and Supply Chain functional teams to dive deep into hard technical problems and develop insightful solutions that enable productivity gains.
- Work with software engineering teams to drive scalable, real-time implementations.
- Track general business activity and provide clear, compelling management reports on a regular basis.
- Define solutions for problems across Operations and Supply Chain based on guidance from the Planning Systems Program Manager, and assist in estimating the development effort.
At AWS-AI, we are building a large-scale machine learning platform, and are looking for a senior technical leader to architect and develop the platform and launch it. Platform components includes big data pipelines, data storage, training and deploying machine learning models at Amazon scale.
If you are passionate about large-scale deep learning, if you have expertise in big data and cloud computing, if you enjoy extracting maximum performance at scale at every layer of the stack, we want to talk to you! As a software developer in AWS AI, you will play a critical role in delivering on a critical new initiative to establish AWS AI at the cutting edge of the industry and deliver innovative solutions that customers value. Your work will enable application developers in enterprises across multiple industries -- from autonomous driving to hedge funds to healthcare -- develop innovative solutions using AWS AI services quickly and easily.
This position presents a unique and rare opportunity to join a fast-growing business and shape the technology, the products, and the business. A successful candidate will bring deep technical and software expertise, strong business acumen and judgment, the ability to define breakthrough innovations, and the desire to have an industry wide impact.
To be successful in this role, you must have the aptitude to work within a fast moving, startup environment in a large company to rapidly deliver services that have a broad business impact.
We are looking for engineers to build tools in the AWS Console that make it fast and easy for customers to get started experimenting and building solutions with AWS. We currently use the following technologies in our products:
- Web: HTML5 & CSS3
- AWS services.
If you are interested but have experience with other modern programming languages (Ruby, Python, Objective-C, C++, etc.) please submit a resume.
We value quality engineers not the tools they've used.
Amazon is a place where builders can build. We hire innovators and offer them an environment where they can invent new, exciting solutions for our customers.
If you were looking for an opportunity to build complex, scalable, highly available systems and want the fun and feel of a start-up company, but the solid management and resources of a Fortune 100 company, you have found it!
Work hard, have fun, make history.
The AWS Capacity Forecasting and Planning team is responsible for growing the world's largest Cloud. We forecast customer demand, build inventory replenishment system, and drive utilization improvement for all AWS services.
What we own:
- Building a world-class forecasting platform that scales to handling billions of time series data in real time.
- Expanding inventory replenishment models and systems for each AWS service in the fast-growing AWS product portfolio.
- Finding out the optimal tradeoff between AWS service availability and fleet utilization.
- Driving fleet utilization improvement where each 1% means millions of additional free cash flow.
- Automating tactical and strategic capacity planning tools to optimize for service availability and infrastructure cost.
What you will learn:
- Inventory management and supply chain management for the Cloud.
- Resource management and admission control for the Cloud.
- The internals of all AWS services.
- How to build large scale distributed systems for both internal and external AWS customers.
Forecasting, Statistics, Machine Learning, Optimization, Inventory Management, Supply Chain Management, AWS, Cloud, Cloud Computing, EC2, S3, EBS, DynamoDB, CloudFront, Java, C++, object oriented, Java, distributed systems, high availability, scalability, concurrent
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
Amazon Web Services (AWS) provides companies of all sizes with an infrastructure web services platform in the cloud. With AWS, you can requisition compute power, storage, and other services – paying as you go for only the resources you need. Amazon Redshift is rapidly growing, fast and powerful, fully managed, petabyte-scale data warehouse service in the cloud. It enables customers to dramatically increase their query performance when analyzing virtually any size data set using the same SQL-based business intelligence tools they use today. Amazon Redshift manages all the work needed to set up, operate, and scale a data warehouse, from provisioning capacity and installing software to monitoring and backing up the cluster, to applying patches and upgrades. By automating these labor-intensive tasks, Amazon Redshift enables customers to spend their time focusing on their data and business insights, rather than on procuring and managing infrastructure.
Joining the Amazon Redshift team gives you the opportunity to:
- Solve challenging problems that will revolutionize database computing in the cloud
- Build a quality product that will leverage the scale of resources available in the cloud
- Work for a company that’s a recognized leader in the cloud computing space
- Be involved in the fast growing, big data space
We are looking for candidates with expertise and passion for building high quality, large scale distributed database systems in the cloud. In this role, you will have responsibility for:
- Designing, developing and executing large scale functional, stress and performance tests
- Execution and maintenance of existing test frameworks
- Developing and deploying new test frameworks and monitoring systems
- Reviewing new database technical requirements and assist in the development of a quality strategy for the new features
- Gaining deep understanding of the AWS products and drive their quality
- Working with other teams to deliver and operate large scale, distributed services in the cloud
- Drive quality initiatives and point out areas that require attention.
- Be able to define success criteria broadly and deeply within the system.