Here are our current job openings. Please view the details for more information, and apply from that page if you are interested.
Use the criteria below to search within our open positions. Make multiple selections by pressing the Ctrl key (or Command key if using a Mac) and clicking your choice.
Click column header to sort
Amazon is looking for a passionate, talented, and inventive Scientist with a strong machine learning background to help build industry-leading Speech and Language technology. Our mission is to push the envelope in Automatic Speech Recognition (ASR), Natural Language Understanding (NLU), and Audio Signal Processing, in order to provide the best-possible experience for our customers.
As a Speech and Language Scientist, you will work with talented peers to develop novel algorithms and modeling techniques to advance the state of the art in spoken language understanding. Your work will directly impact our customers in the form of products and services that make use of speech and language technology. You will leverage Amazon’s heterogeneous data sources and large-scale computing resources to accelerate advances in spoken language understanding.
We are hiring in all areas of spoken language understanding: ASR, NLU, text-to-speech (TTS), and Dialog Management.
We are seeking a senior Product Manager to join the team that is defining and executing the vision across generations of compute and storage platforms for our cloud. You will own the strategy and oversee the development and management of product roadmaps based on it.
This is a fast-paced, intellectually challenging position for a highly experienced professional. You’ll work with thought leaders in multiple technology areas. You will partner with our AWS services owners (EC2, EBS, S3, etc.) to inform their architectures and product offerings, and drive adoption of innovative technologies. You will influence suppliers’ roadmaps and partner with them to launch custom products.
You must have relentlessly high standards for yourself and everyone you work with, and you must be constantly looking for ways to improve your products’ performance, quality, and cost. Attention to details, creativity, depth of industry knowledge, and a well-trained business sense are a must. We’re continuously changing the industry we are in. We want a leader who is ready for this challenge, and wants to reach beyond what is possible today.
The successful candidate must be highly technical, analytical, effective in a matrix organization, and adept at synthesizing a variety of technologies and capabilities.
- Drive the vision and execution of the compute and storage hardware product roadmap
- Digest technical trends, how they impact the business, and develop roadmaps that enables the latest technology needed for our cloud
- Prioritize and plan the execution of the roadmap
- Resolve challenges – making trade-offs to balance between the business and the technical needs
- Make business decisions around build vs. buy, cost vs. cycle time, performance vs. cost, power vs. performance etc. to optimize our portfolio of products across our cloud
Amazon Lab126 is an inventive research and development company that designs and engineers high-profile consumer electronics. Lab126 began in 2004 as a subsidiary of Amazon.com, Inc., originally creating the best-selling Kindle family of products. Since then, we have produced groundbreaking devices like Fire tablets, Fire TV and Amazon Echo. What will you help us create?
As a Sr. Manager of the Technical Operations organization, you will lead a diverse team of Technical Operations Engineers that partner with engineering, operations and manufacturing teams to usher new products into manufacturing environments and support them through the production lifecycle. You will leverage your deep and broad engineering domain expertise to provide technical leadership for the Technical Operations Engineering team, and be accountable for their results. You will train your teams to identify problems well before they occur, and avoid them.
You will hire, develop and manage mechanical, electro-mechanical, electrical, optical, integration, and test engineering teams that influence designs, architect manufacturing solutions, and solve difficult manufacturing-related problems. Activities include:
- Define staffing requirements and team member technical skills needed for the program.
- Recruit, hire, develop and manage the Technical Operations team to maintain a deep level of manufacturing domain expertise in the following areas:
- Mechanical Engineering
- Structural Engineering
- Electro-Mechanical Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Power Engineering
- Optical Engineering
- Automation Engineering
- Material Science
- Identify proficiency gaps in the team and close them through training, additional hiring or out-sourcing methods.
- Work closely with the management of other program teams to ensure good alignment with Product Operations tenets and goals (roles and responsibilities, DfX approach, supply chain design, staffing, failure management, etc.).
- As required, lead the investigation and adoption of new manufacturing technologies and processes.
- Recommend and manage CAPEX budgets.
Amazon Web Services provides a highly reliable, scalable, low-cost infrastructure platform in the cloud that powers hundreds of thousands of businesses in 190 countries around the world. We have data center locations in the U.S., Europe, Singapore, and Japan, and customers across all industries. We are seeking experienced Physical Design Engineers to build the next generation of our cloud server platforms. Our success depends on our world-class infrastructure; we’re handling massive scale and rapid integration of emergent technologies.
As a member of the Silicon Optimization Engineering Team you’ll be responsible for the design and optimization of hardware in our data centers. You’ll provide leadership in the application of new technologies to large scale deployments in a continuous effort to deliver a world-class customer experience. This is a fast-paced, intellectually challenging position, and you’ll work with thought leaders in multiple technology areas. You’ll have relentlessly high standards for yourself and everyone you work with, and you’ll be constantly looking for ways to improve your product’s performance, quality and cost. We’re changing an industry, and we want individuals who are ready for this challenge and want to reach beyond what is possible today.
· Work with our front-end design and physical design teams to develop leading-edge physical implementations and silicon products
· Expand your in-depth understanding and experience with physical design tools and flows – from RTL to GDS
· Your work will focus on the full development flow: Floor planning, Bus / Pin Planning, Clock Tree Synthesis, Placement, Optimization, Routing, Parasitic Extraction, Static Timing Analysis, IR drop analysis, Physical Verification and Sign Off
· Be a highly-valued member of our start-up like team through excellent collaboration and teamwork with other physical design engineers as well as with the RTL design team
· Flow development, Innovation, optimization and scripting
Do you want to own cutting edge technology, solve new problems that didn’t exist before, and have the ability to see the impact of your successes? Come on over join Amazon!
As an over $60B in revenue and one of the greatest technology companies in the world, Amazon is growing, and we need SDEs who move fast, are capable of breaking down and solving complex problems, and have a strong will to get things done. SDEs at Amazon work on real world problems on a global scale, own their systems end to end and influence the direction of our technology that impacts hundreds of millions customers around the world.
At Amazon an SDE can expect to design flexible and scalable solutions, and work on some of the most complex challenges in large-scale computing by utilizing your skills in data structures, algorithms, and object oriented programming. Coming to Amazon gives you the opportunity to work on a small development team in one of our many organizations: Customer Buying Intelligence, Retail Customer Experience, Product Advertisement, Search, Payments, Traffic Generation, Social Media, Mobile, Inventory Planning, External Fulfillment, Last Mile Delivery and CS Automation & Intelligence and etc. We build highly-available, scalable distributed systems to support millions of customer worldwide every day.
Software Development Engineers in Test focus on delivering tools, frameworks and testing infrastructure to facilitate the testing process. They help to provide a means to test code at the backend, cloud, unit or user level with automated tools. SDETs have command of and utilize techniques to debug problems using log files, and write automated tests and/or user-level test automation tools. SDETs work with Software QA Engineers to understand features and technical implementation and how best to represent features through automated testing. SDETs also work with groups and organizations such as Product Management, User Experience Design, and Customer Support to understand customer usage models and develop test infrastructure that allows us to more directly simulate user behavior and test suites that approximate real-world environments for various types of products.
Amazon Web Services (AWS) provides companies of all sizes with an infrastructure web services platform in the cloud. With AWS, you can requisition compute power, storage, and other services – paying as you go for only the resources you need. Amazon Redshift is rapidly growing, fast and powerful, fully managed, petabyte-scale data warehouse service in the cloud. It enables customers to dramatically increase their query performance when analyzing virtually any size data set using the same SQL-based business intelligence tools they use today. They can launch a fully operational service with a few clicks for as low as under $1000 per terabyte per year. Amazon Redshift manages all the work needed to set up, operate, and scale a data warehouse, from provisioning capacity and installing software to monitoring and backing up the cluster, to applying patches and upgrades. By automating these labor-intensive tasks, Amazon Redshift enables customers to spend their time focusing on their data and business insights, rather than on procuring and managing infrastructure.
Joining the Amazon Redshift team gives you the opportunity to:
- Work on a disruptive product that’s still in its early stages
- Solve challenging problems that will revolutionize database computing in the cloud
- Build a product that will leverage the scale of resources available in the cloud
- Work for a company that’s a recognized leader in the cloud computing space
- Be involved in the fast growing, big data space
We are looking for developers with expertise and passion for building large scale distributed systems. Experience with parallel query optimization and execution, large scale data analytics, highly available/fault tolerant systems, replicated data storage, and operating complex services running in the cloud are all pluses.
In this role, you will have responsibility for:
- Translating functional and technical requirements into detailed architecture and design
- Coding and testing complex system components
- Participating in code and design reviews to maintain our high development standards
- Working with other teams to deliver and operate large scale, distributed services in the cloud
- Overall system architecture, scalability, reliability, and performance
- Mentoring other engineers, defining our challenging technical culture, and helping to build a fast-growing team
Interested in Machine Learning? Do you want to learn how Speech Recognition and Natural Language processing is powering Amazon Alexa and Echo? We’re building the Alexa Science Modeling Lifecycle Platform. We’re working hard, having fun, making history; come join us!
As a Senior Manager of Software Development, you will be responsible for leading an organization of engineers in define, design, development, test, deployment, and operation of large scale distributed systems targeted at increasing the rate of innovation from our Machine Learning Science organization. A successful candidate will have an established background in driving clarity in highly ambiguous technical environments, developing long-term technical roadmaps, a strong technical ability to guide and coach, excellent project management skills, great communication skills, and a motivation to achieve results in a fast paced environment. You will be responsible for building, maintaining, and organizing your teams, defining the technical strategy and product road map for your organization, as well as defining, measuring, and reporting on your organizations key performance metrics.
· Responsible for the over-all systems development life cycle
· Management and execution against project plans and delivery commitments; Manage the day-to-day activities of the engineering team within an Agile/Scrum environment
· Management of departmental resources, staffing, mentoring, and enhancing and maintaining a best-of-class engineering organization
· Work closely with your teams to architect and develop the best technical design and approach
· Report on status of development, quality, operations, and system performance to leadership and peers
If you have an entrepreneurial spirit, know how to deliver, are deeply technical, highly innovative and long for the opportunity to build pioneering solutions to challenging problems, we want to talk to you.
Interested in making the ‘Alexa Everywhere’ vision come true? Help us make the multi-device interaction magical. We are building solutions that enable users to interact with multiple Alexa enabled devices seamlessly. We’re working hard, having fun, and making history. You will have an enormous opportunity to impact the customer experience, design, architecture, and implementation of a cutting edge product used every day by people you know. Come join our team!
We’re looking for a passionate, talented, and inventive Applied Scientist to help build industry-leading intelligent offerings that customers love. Our mission is to apply Machine Learning and Deep Learning, in order to reduce users’ cognitive load, reduce friction in their day-to-day activities and ultimately, inspire our customers by enabling serendipitous discovery of experience.
You will leverage Amazon’s heterogeneous data sources and large-scale computing resources to accelerate advances in artificial intelligence. Your work will directly impact our customers in the form of novel products and services that make use of speech and language technology.
Alexa Experience and Devices team is looking for solid Software Engineers to enhance and build the speech and language solutions behind Alexa - Amazon's Voice enabled personal assistant. Alexa powers a number of Amazon as well as 3rd party products, providing users with an intelligent, voice powered, multi-modal conversational interface to things that our customers value most. We are building technology and solutions that make Alexa deliver newer experiences that make it even more engaging for our end customers.
We are in need of a software development engineer with a strong sense of ownership and high engineering quality bar. As a member of the newly formed Alexa Experience and Devices Spoken Language Understanding Engineering team, you will build machine learning model pipelines for training, inference and ongoing production support. You will be responsible for designing, developing, testing, deploying and maintaining distributed software systems.
You will be part of a team supporting creation of new experiences on the world’s most advanced Speech and Natural Language Understanding Platform. In this role, you will collaborate closely with other product teams within the organization and influence our overall strategy. You will be helping to coach others other engineers in the team and ensure overall high standards. Your work will span Alexa Machine Learning Natural Language Understanding and Speech Recognition technologies, voice user interfaces, cloud services, and a growing ecosystem of features within Alexa.
In this role, you will learn and understand existing technology solutions in core NLU space, build new software pipelines, stand up and optimize new services, come up with designs that accommodate varying application specific requirements. The candidate will have to have the ability to drive Operational Excellence, and be comfortable working with SDEs on other teams within the org. A successful candidate will have an established background in engineering machine learning systems, a strong technical ability, great communication skills, and a motivation to achieve results in a fast paced environment.
- Responsible for the development and maintenance of key system features.
- Will work with other team members to investigate design approaches, prototype new technology and evaluate technical feasibility.
- Will participate in design and architecture of new software systems involving machine learnt models, from concept to launch.
- Will work in an Agile/Scrum environment to deliver high quality software against aggressive schedule.