Here are our current job openings. Please view the details for more information, and apply from that page if you are interested.
Use the criteria below to search within our open positions. Make multiple selections by pressing the Ctrl key (or Command key if using a Mac) and clicking your choice.
Click column header to sort
Amazon Lab126 is an inventive research and development company that designs and engineers high-profile devices like the Kindle family of products. Lab126 began in 2004 as a subsidiary of Amazon.com, Inc. Since then, we have worked to produce best-selling e-readers and tablets, as well as new inventions like Fire TV. What will you help us create?
Work hard. Have fun. Make history.
As a Senioe Software Development Engineer, you will be in charge of building core technologies to embed the multilingual and multi-cultural framework into the products.
We are looking for a talented, detail-oriented and enthusiastic Software Development Engineer who is passionate about quality and is enthusiastic about digital products. The person chosen for this position will have the opportunity to contribute their creative ideas and energy to our group. Duties include research, design, implementation, documentation, and maintenance of systems and the creation of software services and tools to drive the software development process towards higher quality.
In this role will:
- You will take part in the implementation and customization of software, working closely with the whole application teams while delivering the best core engines in the platform level.
- You will be working on cutting edge technologies in the market today. The development will be from the concept stage to the launch stage and ensuring the highest level of quality for your deliverables.
Alexa is Amazon's groundbreaking virtual assistant designed for voice interactions. We believe voice is the most natural interface for interacting with technology across many domains. Our team is responsible for making Alexa smarter by developing knowledge graph technology to help Alexa understand our world.
We are seeking a Software Development Manager to lead and grow a nascent technical team focused on enabling natural-language question answering for enterprises through Alexa. You will manage a team of engineers and product managers in designing, developing, testing, and deploying a range of services to accomplish this mission, spanning voice, desktop, mobile, and cloud platforms as well as back-end systems.
This is a distinctive opportunity to bring a new service to market and lead a high-performing team committed to fundamentally changing the way employees and customers interact with data.
What you will do
- Be very hands-on: work closely with engineers to design and build scalable technical solutions, manage the day-to-day development activities, participate in design review, code review, and implementation
- Equip the team with the necessary resources to execute on aggressive timelines
- Manage staffing, program resources, and professional development
- Help define the product roadmap and priorities, report on status of development, quality, operations, and system performance to senior management
- Work across multiple teams to remove obstacles and external dependencies
- Work with enterprise customers and prioritize features to fullfill their needs
Interested in creating visually rich Android-based GUI experiences for our acclaimed Echo Show and Echo Spot products? Then we’re looking for you! We’re a team of engineers who are passionate about cutting edge Android mobile application development. Our devices are touchscreen-enabled and support video calling, music, weather, clocks, alarms, and many more features. They are backed by our Alexa engine, so they weave voice and touch interaction together to create a delightful integrated experience. We’re just getting started, which means that you’ll have an opportunity to not only implement but also design new interaction paradigms.
Specifically, if you join us, your opportunities will include:
- Implement delightful experiences for our customers that utilizes Android and Alexa technologies.
- Design novel customer interactions through collaboration with Product and UX teams.
- Collaborate with UI teams across Kindle and other organizations to define patterns used across our entire Amazon UI ecosystem.
- Deliver high quality software while working in a fun, dynamic, team-focused Agile/Scrum environment.
Blink was the result of one of the most successful crowdfunding campaign ever and is now part of Amazon Devices, the consumer electronics division that brings you the Kindle, Fire Tablets, Fire TV, and Echos!
Blink builds the completely wireless, affordable, and battery operated home security cameras that send motion-activated alerts and HD video to your smartphone for an amazingly affordable price. Our vertically integrated engineering team works on algorithms, ASICs, hardware, firmware, cloud software and mobile applications to deliver products that customers love. We are seeking dynamic software development engineers to join our growing firmware team.
- Create best-in-class firmware running on our Blink devices
- Take technical ownership of bringing a product to market
- Interact with other teams across Blink and Amazon to ensure product quality and cohesiveness
- Lead regular system architecture, software design, patent filing, and interview cycles
- Work closely with our marketing and customer support teams to discover new ways to delight the customer
Job description for Senior Principal, Manufacturing Technical Specialist (MTS)
The Principal drives innovation in manufacturing and process development at Lab126 and serves as a technical advisor to the Director of Advanced Manufacturing Engineering (AME). She/he plans and executes strategic initiatives to advance manufacturing and maximize business impact with limited resources. She/he deals with the most complex and highly technical problems with the positive impact to cost, quality, and customer experience and is expected to
1. Identifies opportunities to advance manufacturing technology; expected to conceive, propose, and sell new concepts, and address all aspects of technology readiness for production. Creates robust methodology and processes to deliver manufacturing process and technology to products with superior project execution.
2. Leads the definition, design, architecture, implementation, and delivery of the most advanced, difficult, and ambiguous solutions spanning across AME.
3. Partners with AME leadership on long term strategy to advance manufacturing. Quantify the bottom-line impact (ROI) to the business and AME’s competitive position in the industry.
4. Ensures the Principal community within AME is effectively collaborates to achieve objectives set for a coherent technical vision and delivering solutions that fit together.
5. Initiates and drive projects independently with a creative approach based on adequate research to ensure solutions are manufacturable with minimal support from others. Influence other technical domain experts within AME and across Lab126 to increase productivity, effectiveness, and impact.
6. Architects wide-impact solutions from the ground-up and provide business acumen and justification for the decisions.
7. Accountable for successful development and deployment of process / solutions delivered in Asia which includes articulating the priority of activities – holding technical resources to a high bar.
8. Serve as an authority on technical issues and making difficult trade-off decisions by both the technical and business community - a role model for the technical community across Asia.
9. Relentlessly breaks down the most complex problems into the right domain and demonstrates innovation, creativity, and judgement when solving challenging problems.
10. In Asia, builds credibility for the role, AME, and Lab126’s technical community by sharing overall strategy and implications of ongoing initiatives.
Amazon Lab126 is an inventive research and development company that designs and engineers high-profile consumer electronics. Lab126 began in 2004 as a subsidiary of Amazon.com, Inc., originally creating the best-selling Kindle family of products. Since then, we have produced groundbreaking devices like Fire tablets, Fire TV, and Amazon Echo. What will you help us create?
We are a smart team of doers that work passionately to apply cutting-edge advances in robotics, machine learning, computer vision, and other related areas to solve real-world challenges. This will transform our customers’ experiences in ways we can’t even imagine yet. Key responsibilities will be to conduct research and development in these areas, and to collaborate with cross-functional engineering teams to put the concepts you develop into production. You will determine where commercially available solution and academic research can be applied to solve Amazon business problems, as well as identify opportunities for innovation. You will use a large amount of data to train and test algorithms to bring them up to production level quality.
In this role, you will
- Work closely with Product and Customer Experience teams to help define behaviors for our products
- Investigate ways to use learning-based techniques to improve these behaviors
- Apply research in Robotics, Machine Learning, and Human Computer Interaction. If needed, extend existing algorithms, or develop new ones
- Write code (in C++/Java/Python) to prototype and productize this research
- Figure out ways to collect data to train, test and improve these algorithms
Amazon Lab126 is an inventive research and development company that designs and engineers high-profile consumer electronics. Lab126 began in 2004 as a subsidiary of Amazon.com, Inc., originally creating the best-selling Kindle family of products. Since then, we have produced groundbreaking devices like Fire tablets, Fire TV and Amazon Echo. What will you help us create?
As a Technical Program Manager, you will engage with an experienced cross-disciplinary staff to conceive and design innovative consumer products. In this role, you will:
- Work with key stakeholders in product management and executive teams to define strategy and requirements
- Lead cross functional development on new technology from design through delivery
- Work with remote teams to deliver supporting software and services in sync with launch timelines
- Communicate regularly with senior management on status, risks and change control
Amazon Alexa is the voice service behind Amazon Echo. We are hiring software engineers who share our passion for enabling it on all IoT devices and not just Echo. Interested? Come join our team!
As a member of the team you will be responsible for leading the development and launch of core product features. You will have significant influence on our overall strategy by helping define these product features, drive the system architecture, and spearhead the best practices that enable a quality product.
The ideal candidate is clearly passionate about new opportunities and has a demonstrable track record of success in delivering new features and products. A commitment to team work, hustle, and strong communication skills (to both business and technical partners) are absolute requirements. Creating reliable, scalable, and high performance products requires exceptional technical expertise, a sound understanding of the fundamentals of Computer Science, and practical experience building scalable software products. This person thrives in delivering high quality technology solutions in a hyper-growth environment where priorities shift fast.
Software Developer - Amazon Web Services - Herndon, VA
Help us revolutionize the Cloud!
At Amazon Web Services, we like to “work backwards”: start by understanding what customers need and using that to guide our software engineering. We’re looking for software engineers passionate and experienced in listening to customers, synthesizing their needs, and rapidly iterating our services to quickly put features into customers’ hands. Our best ideas become even better when we get feedback from real customer use. The sooner we can get that feedback, the more quickly we can grow.
Customers using AWS Direct Connect establish high capacity connections between their existing IT infrastructure and the AWS cloud, enabling seamless integration and inter-operation of the two infrastructures. We listen closely to what customers tell us they need in networking services and work to deliver. Whether it’s a new DX network location, an improvement to an existing feature, or a radically new idea, we have consistently executed to deliver on these ideas.
Amazon has a fast-paced environment where we “Work Hard, Have Fun, Make History.” On a “typical” day, software engineers might whip up a prototype to prove or disprove an idea, instrument code to report a new metric, talk with customers, code up a feature, or draft a proposal for a radical new idea.
For detailed info regarding Direct Connect visit:
For more information on Amazon Web Services please visit: http://aws.amazon.com/
Fire OS powers Amazon's groundbreaking devices like Fire tablets, Fire TV, Amazon Echo and an exciting array of new products that are under development. Do you want to shape the future of Amazon Devices? Come and join us! We are looking for an intrepid problem-solver to dive into an ambiguous problem space and design and deliver innovative solutions for Amazon devices.
Work hard. Have fun. Make history.
Using a combination of open source and proprietary technologies, we build cutting-edge devices for media consumption, whether mobile or in the home. As a strong customer advocate, you will help own media technologies and quality end to end (E2E). You will work with internal and external partners to deliver the best in class devices, and will research new technologies, develop new tools and help define processes to build the media stack of next generation devices.
We are looking for a talented, detail-oriented and enthusiastic Software Development Engineer who is passionate about quality and is enthusiastic about new digital products. The person chosen for this position will have the opportunity to contribute their creative ideas and energy to our group. Responsibilities include research, design, implementation, documentation, and maintenance of new and existing systems. The creation of software services and tools to drive the software development process towards higher quality. As a Software Engineer, you will take part in the implementation and customization of software, working closely with application teams to delivering the audio/video components within FireOS. The development will be from the concept stage to the launch stage and ensuring the highest level of quality for your deliverable.
You will have an enormous opportunity to make a large impact on the design, architecture, and implementation of cutting edge products used every day, by people you know. In this role, you will:
· Be responsible for design and development for multimedia initiatives and feature development
· Investigate, prototype and deliver new and innovative system solutions