Here are our current job openings. Please view the details for more information, and apply from that page if you are interested.
Use the criteria below to search within our open positions. Make multiple selections by pressing the Ctrl key (or Command key if using a Mac) and clicking your choice.
Click column header to sort
Amazon Lab126 is an inventive research and development company that designs and engineers high-profile consumer electronics. Lab126 began in 2004 as a subsidiary of Amazon.com, Inc., originally creating the best-selling Kindle family of products. Since then, we have produced groundbreaking devices like Fire tablets, Fire TV and Amazon Echo. What will you help us create?
The Senior Manager, Quality Engineering Management (QEM) is responsible for ensuring that our products are designed for quality. As early as the concept phase of the product, the Sr. Mgr, QEM will develop a risk assessment utilizing the NUDD process (New, Unique, Different, Difficult). This risk assessment will be comprehensive of lessons learned on previous products, along with technological, manufacturing and operational risks to the current design. The Sr. Mgr, QEM will be responsible for identifying these risks and working with the appropriate product development functions to ensure the critical and high risk items are prevented prior to validating the final design.
The Senior QEM will also own quality in the sustaining phase of the product. The successful candidate will establish quality goals and monitor performance, investigate the full suite of failure analysis leading to root cause determination and subsequent closed loop corrective action. Leads quality lesson’s learned and institutes remedies to prevent reoccurrence of quality issues and possess a high sense of urgency when managing critical issues.
In addition to the work done in the New Product Introduction (NPI) and Sustaining phases, the Sr. Mgr, QEM of will drive continuous improvement in all aspects of the job, be able to deal with ambiguity, and influence at all levels of the company.
In this role, you will:
- Understand the technology and functionality of consumer electronic products, and be able to assess the risk to a negative customer experience, so that it can be prevented during development.
- Be an expert in advanced quality methods and protocol.
- Lead cross-functional teams in Design for Quality initiatives.
- Utilize your comprehensive knowledge of standards, related disciplines, company strategy and goals, to ensure a positive customer experience.
- Deliver solutions to complex problems through in-depth data analysis and forensics by using methodical approaches, along with experience, innovation and judgment to make decisions that may be based on partial information.
- Understand detailed implications of decisions and recommendations and be able to communicate recommended solutions to the product development team, all the way up through the executive leadership of the company.
- Align cross-functionally, influencing a broad spectrum of stakeholders to deliver on the quality policy.
- Create standards around which others will operate and build consensus
- Determine specific quality related functional milestones during NPI
- Must be able to multi-task and set priorities in-line with business needs
Amazon is looking for Software Development Engineers to build the software that monitors automates one of the world’s largest and most complex enterprise networks. Hundreds of thousands of employees rely on our network to develop new businesses, research new technology, operate existing business, and support external Amazon customers. Our goal is to continuously work towards a zero-touch network which requires developing services and platforms that reduce manual tasks and automatically manage defects in the network infrastructure. The success of Amazon depends on our solutions being scalable and highly available.
· You are interested in being part of a high-bar team with global responsibility for the Network Systems used to monitor and manage the network used across all of Amazon’s businesses.
· Solving problems at scale excites you.
· You don’t implement specs from analysts and architects – you talk to your customers and design solutions to their problems. You automate and innovate.
· You do not push just one technology agenda – you choose the best tool for the problem at hand.
· You believe that the craft of software engineering is about writing code right the first time. For you, code reviews and automated testing are not chores – they’re a core part of writing great software.
· You don’t throw your code over the wall. You launch it, own it, support it and make it incrementally better for the benefit of your customers.
· You enjoy working in a flexible, fast-paced, collaborative team environment.
Are you interested in shaping the future of what people watch on television? Amazon Fire TV Edition team is looking for experienced, results-oriented Software Quality Assurance Engineers who are capable of translating high-level, ambiguous business goals into working software solutions. We own the voice experience on all of our streaming media players, and are constantly experimenting and innovating to improve the customer experience. Successful candidates are creative engineers who take great pride in both the technical and business contribution of their work and are passionate about great software and ultimately a great customer experience.
You will have the opportunity to work with a wide variety of technologies from front-end UI (both web and device) to back-end distributed web services to device software. You will own the quality of major deliverables end-to-end, working closely with multiple engineers and teams to execute them. Scaling, latency, and customer experience are top priorities as the business grows. This is a high visibility team where you will make a direct positive impact on customer experience and the business. If you enjoy broadening your technical skills, building a new product, and working in an environment that thrives on creativity, experimentation, and innovation, then this is the job for you!
Quality Assurance Engineers test code at the user level, both manually and with automated tools. Our QA Engineers are not pure black box testers; they test at the appropriate level and are able to understand software internals, debug problems using log files, and write automated tests with scripts and/or user-level automated tools. QA Engineers work with Software Development Engineers, and Business Owners to understand technical implementation of features. QA Engineers will also work with groups such as Product Management, User Interaction, and Customer Support to understand customer usage models and develop test plans and suites that approximate real-world environments and regression tests and driving the software development process towards quality focused methodologies, always seeking to avoid defects or find them earlier in the process.
Alexa is Amazon’s groundbreaking virtual assistant designed for voice interactions. We believe voice is the most natural interface for interacting with technology across many domains. We are looking for a Data Engineer to join our Analytics team located in beautiful Santa Barbara, CA.
As a Data Engineer, you will build data pipelines, tools, and reports that enable analysts, knowledge engineers, software engineers, product managers, and executives improve Alexa’s answering capabilities across multiple information verticals: Sports, Business, History, Science, etc. In this highly visible role, you will work across teams to gather requirements for data logging, storing, transforming, and reporting, and will build scalable solutions under fast-paced environment.
You love building tools and data pipelines, can create clear and effective reports and data visualizations, and can partner with stakeholders to answer key business questions. You will also have the opportunity to display your skills in the following areas:
- Design, implement, and automate deployment of our distributed system for collecting and processing log events from multiple sources
- Design data schema and operate internal data warehouses and SQL/NoSQL database systems
- Write Extract-Transform-Load (ETL) jobs and Spark/Hadoop jobs to calculate business metrics
- Own the design, development, and maintenance of ongoing metrics, reports, analyses, dashboards, etc. to drive key business decisions
- Monitor and troubleshoot operational or data issues in the data pipelines
- Drive architectural plans and implementation for future data storage, reporting, and analytic solutions
The AWS Relational Database Service is one of the fastest-growing AWS businesses, providing super-simple provisioning and management for databases in the cloud. Customers can set up a new database with just a few clicks, and complex administrative tasks like scaling, fail-over, and monitoring are all reliably handled by our control systems. Providing such simplified management for customers comes with the challenge of building sophisticated and reliable control systems. Our group in AWS addresses these challenges by developing services that reflect the latest advances in high availability, data dissemination and replication, load balancing, autonomous management, and repair.
The systems we build manage huge numbers of databases and vast amounts of storage across multiple datacenters world-wide, and our service is growing rapidly, requiring constant innovations in our systems in order to handle the next order of magnitude in service scale. Our service is made up of components that handle a large variety of workloads, such as high-performance online transaction processing; partitioned, replicated, real-time, in-memory processing; and large-scale, high-throughput batch jobs. We not only work on deep technical problems, but also across a wide array of technologies, ranging from the various database engines we support (MySQL and Oracle currently) to several AWS services (like EBS and EC2) and many open-source components.
We are looking for Software Development Engineers who will lead Amazon RDS and AWS as a whole to deliver highly scalable and distributed systems and help drive the overall technical architecture for RDS. You will also be responsible for defining the development standards, mentoring junior engineers and hiring for the team. You will work with business and other AWS teams and translate the requirements to technical deliverables and guide the team through the actual launch. The successful applicant must possess excellent software development skills, working knowledge of relational databases, ability to learn new skills and concepts rapidly, and is able to work independently and is self-motivated. Candidates need to have a strong sense of ownership, passion to provide great customer experience and excellent troubleshooting skills even when in high-pressure situations.
Amazon Lab126 is an inventive research and development company that designs and engineers high-profile consumer electronics. Lab126 began in 2004 as a subsidiary of Amazon.com, Inc., originally creating the best-selling Kindle family of products. Since then, we have produced groundbreaking devices like Fire Tablets, Fire TV, and Amazon Echo.
What will you help us create?
We are working on a V1 product that has the potential to transform people’s day to day lives. This is a unique opportunity to disrupt the industry and introduce a new product category to customers. We are a smart team of doers that work passionately to apply cutting edge advances in robotics and machine learning software to solve real-world challenges. As a “Sr. Manager, TPMs” you have an opportunity to lead a talented and diverse group of Technical Program Managers. You are the focal point around which we build and ship this exciting new product. The team has a challenging task of balancing cost, schedule, and innovation-based problems. You should be comfortable collaborating in a fast-paced and often uncertain environment, and contributing to innovative solutions, while demonstrating leadership, technical competence, and meticulousness. You will be working with a unique and gifted team developing exciting products for consumers and collaborate with cross-functional engineering teams, including Amazon Robotics.
The Ideal Candidate:
If you are someone who has passion for shipping products and you have demonstrated experience for the same, we would love to hear from you. The ideal candidate has the courage of conviction. They are quick on their feet, take solid decisions, and are flexible to see various sides of a situation. Your experience of building teams, processes, and tools will be extremely handy in this opportunity. You will have an opportunity to create and drive processes that will influence several hundreds of Engineering resources. It is important that you can earn trust of your peers, stakeholders, and executives through your body of work and consistency. Most importantly, you are able to lead by example and grow your team. If you have exhibited these skills in delivery of a consumer product, you will enjoy this role. This role has VP and Senior VP level visibility and it will test your skills of abstraction and attention to detail, at the same time. The role also sets you up for bigger opportunities in Amazon.
1. Build and lead a team of highly performant TPMs that will help ship the V1 product we are building
2. Create processes, mechanisms, and tools that shape the delivery of the program
3. Manage budget and Fixed/Variable cost for the program
4. Manage ambiguity and energize the team to stay focused on short term and long-term goals
5. Earn trust through regular communication with senior management on status, risks and change control
6. Own the metrics for project success. Define, measure and report on these metrics. We make decisions based on data
7. Be resourceful and find creative solutions to complex technical and organizational challenges
Amazon Lab126 is an inventive research and development company that designs and engineers high-profile devices like the Kindle family of products. Lab126 began in 2004 as a subsidiary of Amazon.com, Inc. Since then, we have worked to produce best-selling tablets with breakthrough hardware technology as well as e-readers that have revolutionized reading. What will you help us create?
Work hard. Have fun. Make history.
As an Operations Program Manager you will engage with an experienced cross-disciplinary staff to conceive, design and develop innovative consumer products. You must be responsive, flexible and able to succeed within an open collaborative peer environment.
The Operations group is looking for an individual who wants to work on a cool product that is growing at a rapid pace. We are a critical part of the hardware development process. We ensure successful fulfillment for product launches and ongoing support, grow the capabilities of our current systems to meet our needs, and drive continuous improvement for the company. In this role, you will:
- Deliver results on complex projects involving teams across the company
- Work with stakeholders to define business requirements
- Understand current system capabilities and limitations
- Problem solve and explore solutions to current processes and systems
- Coordinate with cross functional teams to implementation
- Drive continuous improvement
- Monitor supply and fulfillment of devices
Interested in Machine Learning? Amazon SageMaker is a fully managed Machine Learning platform that makes it easy to build ML models, manage them, and integrate them with custom applications for online predictions. SageMaker https://aws.amazon.com/sagemaker/) takes away the heavy-lifting normally associated with large-scale Machine Learning implementations, so that developers and scientists can focus on the truly creative work of modeling and solving the business problem at hand.
As the Software Development Manager, you will own the innovation in the space of ML Platforms, building compelling functionality for the Amazon SageMaker Service. You will be responsible for leading a team of engineers in design, development, test, and deployment of distributed systems and big data solutions. A successful candidate will have an established background in developing distributed systems, a strong technical ability, excellent project management skills, great communication skills, and a motivation to achieve results in a fast paced environment.
- Responsible for the over-all systems development life cycle
- Management and execution against project plans and delivery commitments; Manage the day-to-day activities of the engineering team within an Agile/Scrum environment
- Management of departmental resources, staffing, mentoring, and enhancing and maintaining a best-of-class engineering team
- Work closely with the engineers to architect and develop the best technical design and approach
- Report on status of development, quality, operations, and system performance to management
- Customer engagement and product road map definition.
If you have an entrepreneurial spirit, know how to deliver, are deeply technical, highly innovative and long for the opportunity to build pioneering solutions to challenging problems, we want to talk to you.
Amazon Lab126 is an inventive research and development company that designs and engineers high-profile consumer electronics. Lab126 began in 2004 as a subsidiary of Amazon.com, Inc., originally creating the best-selling Kindle family of products. Since then, we have produced groundbreaking devices like Fire tablets, Fire TV, Fire phone, and Amazon Echo. What will you help us create?
Work hard. Have fun. Make history.
Design Technologies team is a multi-disciplinary team responsible for building engineering tools and processes in the area of Computer Aided Design (CAD), Product Data Management (PDM), Product Life cycle management (PLM) and design simulation. We are looking for candidates with expertise in Electrical CAD to build tools to improve the productivity of our design teams. You will play a key role in defining design processes and help drive automation initiatives to deliver an exceptional user experience across a range of projects for various Hardware design and simulation tools.
You will demonstrate a strong working knowledge of electrical CAD tools and knowledge of how these tools interact with PDM/PLM systems. You will use your expertise, as well as the desire to learn from new challenges, to work within a highly interactive and experienced design teams solving challenges on the development of Amazon Devices and beyond. Candidate must demonstrate an ability to integrate feedback and to respond quickly to changing contexts and work environments.
In this role you will:
· Work with electrical design teams to identify the areas of improvements in the design process.
· Investigate and develop best practices to ensure uniformity and consistency in our design output.
· Assist with the creation of best practices documentation and requirements for development of ECAD automation.
· Work with design teams in providing your subject matter expertise and training.
· Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering or related field.
Amazon Lab126 is an inventive research and development company that designs and engineers high-profile consumer electronics. Lab126 began in 2004 as a subsidiary of Amazon.com, Inc., originally creating the best-selling Kindle family of products. Since then, we have produced groundbreaking devices like Fire tablets, Fire TV, and Amazon Echo. What will you help us create?
We are a smart team of doers that work passionately to apply cutting edge advances in robotics and software to solve real-world challenges that will transform our customers’ experiences in ways we can’t even imagine yet. Key responsibilities will be to design and develop the frameworks that will enable research and development in computer vision and related disciplines, and to collaborate with cross-functional engineering teams, including Amazon Robotics, to put the concepts you develop into production.
We're looking for outstanding leaders who combine superb people skills with a demonstrated ability to get complex systems up and running quickly and effectively. You will be working with a unique and gifted team of engineers and scientists engaged in a fast-paced mission to conceive and deliver new products. The team faces a challenging task of balancing cost, schedule, and performance requirements. You should be comfortable collaborating in a fast-paced, highly inventive and often uncertain environment, and contributing to innovative solutions, while demonstrating leadership, technical competence, and craftsmanship.
Do you have the courage to tackle a mind-bending computer vision challenge? Do you want to lead a team of high performers to deliver robust, production-quality code that solves complex real-world problems? Do you want to change the lives of an entire generation of Amazon customers? If you do, come you should join this team.
Come invent the future with us.