Here are our current job openings. Please view the details for more information, and apply from that page if you are interested.
Use the criteria below to search within our open positions. Make multiple selections by pressing the Ctrl key (or Command key if using a Mac) and clicking your choice.
Click column header to sort
Build the best database engine in the world with C and C++.
Amazon Aurora is an exciting new area of innovation for AWS, and the PostgreSQL-compatible edition of Amazon Aurora is the newest part of it. The PostgreSQL-compatible version of Amazon Aurora is a new relational database which offers enterprise-class performance, availability and durability - all at open source prices - to our customers, along with the management benefits of RDS. We’re a relatively new team in Database Services, one of the fastest growing businesses within Amazon Web Services. We are spread across Seattle, the Bay Area, and Boston. Not only do we have deep database and systems programming problems to solve for our customers, but we also minimize the effort required to maintain SQL databases by automating administrative tasks like backup and restore, scaling CPU, RAM, storage and replication, failover for high availability; allowing our customers to spend their valuable time focused on building their businesses.
We have challenging problems to solve in distributed systems, concurrency, database internals, languages, and performance engineering. We intend to be the world's best and fastest database - come join us on the journey!
For more information about RDS, please visit http://aws.amazon.com/rds. For more information about Aurora, please visit http://aws.amazon.com/rds/aurora.
This position is on an exciting new team building a highly available, very scalable, high performance database offering. We have the need for database internal experts, low-level systems C programmers, mid-tier high performance C++ developers, and distributed systems Java wizards.
You’ve built a lot of software – shipped products, love data, created platforms, tools and modules, perhaps worked with every framework under the sun, and like to made everything you have touched fast as lightning. You may have built big, distributed, API-driven systems with thousands of users, or systems for billions of transactions. You’re as excited as we are about learning every day, and solving really hard engineering problems that no one else is.
Passionate about software quality, repeatability, testability and maintainability, you are known to your co-workers as the go-to person for answers to questions that begin with the phrase “what’s the best way to…” – even though your answers tend to start with “help me understand what you’re trying to accomplish by…”. When you need clarity, you go to the product owner – or even a user – and talk to them until you get it. With stakeholders and other team members you are diplomatic, persuasive, and usually right. You understand the challenges associated with operating a large-scale system in production, and your designs and implementations reflect that understanding.
When you’re wrong, you’re happy to learn something. You build software quickly, but properly (so that you don’t have to go back to it later). You know what “unit tests” are and don’t implement software without them. Shipping on time with high quality makes your heart feel warm.
Who are you? You’re the new Software Development Engineer joining us at RDS. We work hard, have fun and make history – want to come play with us?
What You’ll Do
- Design and implement features for new and existing products, features, APIs, platforms and frameworks. Identify, evaluate and suggest mitigation strategies for risks during design
- Deliver project items on-time and in-spec, communicating clearly with leads, manager and stakeholders Contribute to process and development standards
- Contribute to and lead architecture and design conversations and code reviews (yours and other team members’). Work with managers and team members to estimate effort and clarify / negotiate / document scope and design
- Effectively mentor more junior team members, helping to maintain appropriate unit test coverage, code documentation, software structure and supportability
- Advocate for the right outcomes with data, conviction and diplomacy
The Echo Look team is looking for highly motivated, creative and passionate Software Development Engineers to come work on this project!
First with Kindle, and then again with Fire TV and Echo, Amazon has proven their ability to innovate by integrating hardware, software, and content into seamless and easy-to-use services for customers. If you’re eager to build a product customers will love and use every day, we’re forming a team that thrives in a start-up like environment where flexibility, teamwork, and delivering rock-solid, customer focused solutions on short timelines is paramount.
In this role, you will be creating and designing methods to test cutting edge services and test automation for iOS and Android apps. You will be working with cross-functional teams across the company to launch best in class technical solutions for mobile application testing. You will work directly with Developers, QA Engineers, Product Managers, and Technical Program Managers to ensure quality development and quality of our applications and platforms across the Program. You will be responsible for driving the software development process toward quality-centric methodologies. You will be a key member of a team building an innovative new product that will change customers’ lives.
You are highly collaborative, with a proven track record for working closely with teams to influence outcomes and propose well-informed new directions. You think big, and earn trust through regular and precise communication. You have strong analytical skills and a relentless determination to do what is right for customers. You can work with minimal direction and are capable of working quickly while delivering high-quality outputs. You are good at multi-tasking, juggling competing priorities, and organizing yourself.
Join our team and help us launch something new that will truly surprise and delight our customers!
Amazon Devices is seeking a software development engineer in Test to join a small, high growth, and early stage team for a new strategic initiative. You will be instrumental in helping build our first prototype and launch product. The ideal candidate is an innovative self-starter who is looking for an opportunity to be both an individual contributor and technical lead. You are excited to do whatever it takes to make this new product successful and seeking an opportunity to help grow a team.
You will be working with a cross functional team of machine learning scientists, engineers, product managers, business development leads, and economists. You will build scalable solutions incorporating cutting edge machine learning algorithms, big data, sensors, smart home devices, cloud services, and Alexa skills.
This is an early stage initiative with a fast paced, highly collaborative start up like environment inside Amazon. To be successful you need to be flexible and entrepreneurial, comfortable operating with ambiguity and willing to develop quick proof of concepts. You are a true owner - you are passionate about the potential customer and societal impact and will operate at all levels, diving deep into the details while providing strategic inputs for the product.
We are building backend services, frontend UIs, apps, skills, scalable algorithms, and prototypes. You don’t need to be an expert in all of these, but the right candidate is excited and willing to learn to take on these challenges.
Software Engineers in Test at Amazon do so much more than just software development. We'll be looking at you to help:
- Decide what features to build and how to test them efficiently
- Drive software engineering best practice.
- Design testing systems for distributed and scalable systems.
- Test and document the system being developed
Ring has a mission to reduce crime in neighborhoods. With affordable solutions that work on any home, Ring is committed to offering smart security that’s accessible to everyone. Now Ring is part of the Amazon Devices family, and are seeking engineers who will help us create the next generation of home security. What will you help us create?
Work hard. Have fun. Make history.
As a Software Development Manager in the Ring Systems Team, you will be responsible for leading a team of engineers working on cutting edge deliverables that will be used by millions of Ring customers. This position gives you the opportunity to work with world class experts across multiple domains. The team dives deep into key use cases end to end from device to cloud to application, assessing product requirements and driving the best user experience. This involves working with multiple teams across multiple domains around the world. Developing, optimizing and productizing deliverables in areas including audio/video streaming, power, thermal, CPU and GPU computing and image quality, predominately on the device with ventures into cloud and app development as needed.
- Lead the team that profiles, analyzes and optimizes system level features
- Work with new technologies that are vital to product development
- Lead the team to investigate, prototype and deliver new and innovative system solutions
- Ownership of the overall systems development life cycle
- Execution against project plans and timely delivery of committed results
- Management of day-to-day activities of the engineering team within an Agile/Scrum environment
- Management of departmental resources, staffing, and mentoring
- Building, enhancing and maintaining a best-in-class engineering team
- Working closely with the engineers to architect and develop the best technical designs
- Report on status of development, quality, operations, and system performance to management
Amazon’s Prime Video is a premium on-demand video entertainment service that offers customers the greatest choice in what to watch from popular Prime Original TV shows (made by Amazon Studios) such as The Grand Tour, Jack Ryan and the recent Golden Globe winning The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel to Prime Original Movies like the Oscar-winning Manchester by the Sea and The Salesman. The service also offers TV shows that are exclusively available for Prime members in each country such as American Gods, MR ROBOT and Outlander, and more recently live sport including the US Open tennis from 2018 and Premier League games from 2019. Beyond this content exclusivity, the service further differentiates from other video-on-demand services by offering Prime members the opportunity to subscribe to 60+ channels like Discovery, Starz, Eurosport Player and hayu and hundreds of thousands of additional titles to watch instantly with no extra apps to download or long term contracts. Prime Video is at the forefront of the entertainment industry and growing fast - now available in more than 240 countries and territories worldwide – and we work in a dynamic, and exciting environment where innovating on behalf of our customers is at the heart of everything we do. If this sounds exciting to you, please read on...
Prime Video is currently seeking a Senior Technical Program Manager (TPM) to help us grow Prime Video through engagement with partners in consumer electronics and software for living room devices. The TPM is responsible for managing all technical aspects of Amazon’s relationship with its device partners. They work closely with the business development team to on-board new partners, grow distribution of Amazon Video and introduce new features. The TPM looks at the engineering considerations, and co-ordinates all technical input on the Amazon Video app and playback, involving specialist engineering teams as appropriate. The TPM is responsible for the ongoing engineering success of the partnership.
Your goals will be to manage engineering delivery, ensure partner support for the Amazon Video product roadmap and work with the Business Development team to drive customer growth and engagement. Plainly put, the TPM is the bridge between business and technology, managing technical relationships with Amazon Video partners (both internal and external). They are liaison and primary point of contact between our external OEM partners and our technical teams. You will lead integrations, technical due diligence on new platforms and influence partners’ future roadmaps. Additionally, you are also responsible for identifying important new trends in the OTT and CE marketplace. You will own all engineering aspects of the relationship with global partners, drive partner performance and ensure that the partner implements Amazon Video upgrades.
As this role has a global responsibility, it often involves partners and internal teams spread around the globe on multiple time zones. A successful TPM will have experience in working with geographically separated teams and embraces non-traditional working hours. Travel to/within the United States, Europe and Asia Pac is often required.
TPMs problem solve, scope, clear roadblocks, coordinate launches and dive deep to ensure the mutual customers of Amazon and 3Ps have a great video experience. They are responsible for making sure expectations are clear and that all teams are working toward a joint deliverable.
We are looking for a dynamic TPM who is ready for the challenge of driving the integration and distribution of Prime Video with global home CE companies as part of the Prime Video Business Development team. Managing this exciting and fast growing portion of the Amazon business will provide the successful candidate with the opportunity to work in a diverse team and fulfill the Amazon motto to “Work Hard, Have Fun, and make History.”
As the TPM, Prime Video your responsibilities will include the following:
· Persuasively representing Prime Video technical capabilities and requests to 3Ps.
· Fostering strong relationships with 3Ps, including assessing requirements and underlying feature requests to recommend technical and business approaches.
· Conducting pre-project discovery and scoping – gathering product and roadmap information to work with engineering teams to develop a detailed plan for integrations.
· Vetting 3P technology platforms and capabilities as a qualification for successful engagements. Matching 3P technical needs to Amazon Video solutions.
· Managing 3Ps, notably during the business development, qualification and technical implementation stages. Implementing and optimizing the technical aspects of distribution relationships.
· Managing projects after deployment – coordination of post-launch device activities, including technical aspects to increase engagement and 3P problem solving.
· Driving and refining the 3P technical engagement process around integration and distribution.
· Investigating new technologies for Prime Video distribution. Identifying new companies and technologies to work with and influencing internal roadmaps/priorities.
· Managing long-term strategic interests as well as the tactical and day-to-day.
· Coordinating closely with product, software development and technical program management teams to ensure continuity of the technical needs of 3Ps.
· Driving customer experience and engagement technical improvements on 3P platforms.
· Driving process improvements in 3P qualification and integration. Successful candidates will have experience working with 3Ps, demonstrate excellent relationship management and technical ability to communicate requirements and influence decisions.
Amazon Lab126 is an inventive research and development company that designs and engineers high-profile consumer electronics. Lab126 began in 2004 as a subsidiary of Amazon.com, Inc., originally creating the best-selling Kindle family of products. Since then, we have produced groundbreaking devices like Fire tablets, Fire TV, and Amazon Echo. What will you help us create?
We are a smart team of doers that work passionately to apply cutting-edge advances in robotics and software to solve real-world challenges that will transform our customers’ experiences in ways we can’t even imagine yet. We are looking for an intrepid problem-solver to dive into an ambiguous problem space and design and deliver innovative software solutions, and to collaborate with cross-functional engineering teams, including Amazon Robotics, to put the concepts you develop into production.
As an SDE, you will have the opportunity to build cutting edge software around customer experience, cross device APIs or cloud services, frontend and backend technologies. You will be working with a unique and gifted team developing exciting products for consumers. The team is a multidisciplinary group of engineers and scientists engaged in a fast-paced mission to deliver the new products. You should be comfortable collaborating in a fast-paced and often uncertain environment, and contributing to innovative solutions, while demonstrating leadership, technical competence, and meticulousness.
If you join us, your opportunities will include:
• Invent a delightful experience for our customers that utilizes Android, Alexa technologies, cloud services, frontend and backend technologies.
• Define and implement novel customer experiences and product direction through collaboration with Product, UX teams and other engineering teams.
• Deliver high quality software through working in a dynamic, team-focused Agile/Scrum environment.
Amazon is looking for a passionate, talented, and inventive Sr Scientist with a strong machine learning background to help build industry-leading Speech and Language technology. Our mission is to push the envelope in Automatic Speech Recognition (ASR), Natural Language Understanding (NLU), and Audio Signal Processing, in order to provide the best-possible experience for our customers.
As a Sr Scientist, you will work with talented peers to develop novel algorithms and modeling techniques to advance the state of the art in spoken language understanding. Your work will directly impact our customers in the form of products and services that make use of speech and language technology. You will leverage Amazon’s heterogeneous data sources and large-scale computing resources to accelerate advances in spoken language understanding.
We are hiring in all areas of spoken language understanding: ASR, NLU, text-to-speech (TTS), and Dialog Management.
Interested in Amazon Echo? Come work on it. We’re building the speech and language solutions behind Amazon Echo and other Amazon products and services. We’re working hard, having fun, making history; come join us!
QA Engineers test code at the user level, both manually and with automated tools. Our QA Engineers use black box, gray box, and white box testing techniques; they are able to understand software internals, debug problems using log files, and write automated tests and/or user-level test automation tools. Software QA Engineers work with Software Development Engineers to understand features and technical implementation. Software QA Engineers also work with groups such as Product Management, User Design, and Customer Support to understand customer usage models and develop test plans and test suites that approximate real-world environments and regression tests. Software QA Engineers are also responsible for driving the software development process toward quality-centric methodologies.
- Responsible for development of test strategies and creation of appropriate test harnesses.
- Will work with a team of quality engineering professions to ensure the highest quality product delivery
- Evaluate product functionality and create test strategies and test cases to assess product quality.
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
- Experience developing in a Linux environment and in utilizing virtual machines
- Expert in software quality and testing methodologies
- Comfortable working in a fast paced, highly collaborative, dynamic work environment
Amazon Web Services (AWS) provides companies of all sizes with an infrastructure web services platform in the cloud. With AWS, you can requisition compute power, storage, and other services – paying as you go for only the resources you need. Amazon Redshift is rapidly growing, fast and powerful, fully managed, petabyte-scale data warehouse service in the cloud. It enables customers to dramatically increase their query performance when analyzing virtually any size data set using the same SQL-based business intelligence tools they use today. Amazon Redshift manages all the work needed to set up, operate, and scale a data warehouse, from provisioning capacity and installing software to monitoring and backing up the cluster, to applying patches and upgrades. By automating these labor-intensive tasks, Amazon Redshift enables customers to spend their time focusing on their data and business insights, rather than on procuring and managing infrastructure.
Joining the Amazon Redshift team gives you the opportunity to:
- Solve challenging problems that will revolutionize database computing in the cloud
- Build a quality product that will leverage the scale of resources available in the cloud
- Work for a company that’s a recognized leader in the cloud computing space
- Be involved in the fast growing, big data space
We are looking for candidates with expertise and passion for building high quality, large scale distributed database systems in the cloud. In this role, you will have responsibility for:
- Designing, developing and executing large scale functional, stress and performance tests
- Execution and maintenance of existing test frameworks
- Developing and deploying new test frameworks and monitoring systems
- Reviewing new database technical requirements and assist in the development of a quality strategy for the new features
- Gaining deep understanding of the AWS products and drive their quality
- Working with other teams to deliver and operate large scale, distributed services in the cloud
- Drive quality initiatives and point out areas that require attention.
- Be able to define success criteria broadly and deeply within the system.
Amazon Web Services is looking for Software Development Engineers to build highly available fault tolerant distributed systems for managing, monitoring, and controlling AWS infrastructure. Our team is responsible for re-defining the way we think about networking and infrastructure to enable our internal and external customers to continue to scale without limit on the largest, most reliable global infrastructure.
We are looking for innovative, self-motivated candidates with a proven background in scalable distributed systems and web services development in Java, Python or C++ on Linux-based platforms. In this role you will be a hands-on technical lead responsible for all phases of the project development cycle. You will work with customers to gather requirements and generate technical designs, and you will carry the project from implementation all the way through validation and operations. You will use your strong leadership and communication skills to mentor other engineers and provide training and support for our technologies. Come join us if you want to test your limits and tackle technical challenges you won't see anywhere else.