Here are our current job openings. Please view the details for more information, and apply from that page if you are interested.
Use the criteria below to search within our open positions. Make multiple selections by pressing the Ctrl key (or Command key if using a Mac) and clicking your choice.
Click column header to sort
We are building a new group that will change the way manufacturing is performed in one of Amazon’s market segments. This will be an industry shaping group that will lead significant cost and cycle time reduction. We are looking for a senior Manufacturing Leader/Engineering professional, who is a hands-on individual to design, scale up, and continuously optimize manufacturing processes using lean manufacturing concepts. This is a great career opportunity getting in on the ground floor of an initiative that can grow worldwide. This position will be influential in how the facilities, processes, and operations are designed and executed. The person in this position will lead cross functional projects with internal groups and upstream vendors looking at the entire value stream to optimize cost and cycle time for our customers.
- Apply technical knowledge and statistical tools to develop, characterize, and optimize processes
- Design or provide input to design tooling fixtures and semi-automated systems to aid in manufacturing at lowest cost and shortest cycle time
- Develop systems and metrics to monitor progress and highlight opportunities of improvement in cost and cycle time
- Continuously assess process capabilities and innovate to simplify processes, reduce cost, and shorten cycle time
- Train production teams on new processes and techniques
- Conducts Kaizen activities for continuous improvement of cost and cycle time
- Collaborates with cross functional team members to gain knowledge and improve product design, processes, and quality.
- Work with upstream vendors and downstream customers to optimize the entire value stream and put together joint processes that will lead better cost and cycle time
Annapurna Labs is looking for a Senior Penetration Testing Security Engineer to help ensure that our hardware platforms, software deliverables, and devices are secured against the latest threats.
You will be responsible for conducting manual penetration testing, creating/maintaining automated penetration testing solutions, documenting penetration testing methodologies, and helping service teams add penetration testing tools to their development processes. This position will provide you with a challenging opportunity.
A Security Engineer III at AWS is expected to be strong in multiple domains. This is a leadership role within the AWS IT Security team and will be sought out for advice on technical and business issues. Efficient time management skills are required along with the ability to deliver results in the face of uncertainty. A Security Engineer III will proactively share knowledge across the Amazon community and will be a key company resource in one or more of the core areas of security. They will lead security reviews of large Amazon projects while setting standards and defining best practices for the AWS IT Security team.
Engineers in this role must show exemplary judgment in making technical trade-offs between short versus long term security and business goals. They must also demonstrate resilience and navigate difficult situations with composure and tact. Conflicts should be addressed by listening, finding the best way forward and persuading one’s colleagues. Successful engineers in this role will regularly analyze their own performance with a critical eye. A broad understanding of the AWS business and its interconnections is required. This position will also provide training, advice, and mentorship to other engineers throughout AWS.
This role will be expected to provide thought leadership for the organization as you invent and innovate in the course of your duties.
- Penetration testing & vulnerability research
- Recommendation of threat mitigations
- Produce high quality penetration testing reports
- Projects and research work as needed
- Security training and outreach to internal development teams
- Security guidance documentation
- Security tool development
- Security metrics delivery and improvements
- Assistance with recruiting activities
We are looking for a software security engineer with knowledge and expertise of information security and penetration testing at the system/software and hardware interfaces.
In this role you will help AWS ensure our technologies and products stands up to hostile attack or customer misuse.
You will work closely with the engineers and architects crafting next generation system, software and service-level security technologies, relevant assumptions and influencing designs.
You will be the first to exploit new technologies before they are released into the wild – and help avoid vulnerable designs getting released.
Senior Compiler Development Engineer
This is a fast-paced, intellectually challenging position, and you’ll work with thought leaders in multiple technology areas. You will help us to develop a brand new compiler (from scratch) for an exciting new project, defining the software architecture and implementing major blocks. You will work with system architects, hardware engineers and external users both within and external to Amazon to ensure this new compiler can work with existing environments and will ensure existing programming paradigms and semantics can be maintained.
This position is for a Senior Software Engineer that will lead the development of new debugger, profiling and developement tools for an entirely new architecture. This candidate must have had experience leading compiler and/or debugger projects, preferably starting from architecture through several generations of delivery to customers. Deep knowledge of profiling and optimization, resource management, scheduling, code generation and optimization are needed. The ideal candidate will have worked on new instruction set architectures, which may include CPU, NPU, GPU and other forms of compute.
This engineer will lead the design and implementation of this new toolset, and will help to lead a team of other senior engineers. This engineer will work with compiler developers, system architects, hardware engineers and external users both within and external to Amazon to ensure this new toolset can work with existing environments and will ensure existing programming paradigms and semantics can be maintained.
How often have you had an opportunity to be a founding member of a team that is tasked with solving a huge business problem through innovative technology? Everyone on the team needs to be entrepreneurial, wear many hats and work in a highly collaborative environment that’s more startup than big company. We’ll need to tackle problems that span a variety of domains, so a background in web-based distributed systems, Linux applications and server based platforms is valuable.
You will help create and help drive the team that will test a new generation of hardware/software platform for AWS. You will define test harnesses and automation frameworks, and will drive the development of test suites. You should be an expert with testing methodologies. We would prefer you to have experience working on platforms with both hardware and software elements and with testing from end to end. As a QA Engineer, you will help tackle a variety of customer challenges. Given that this is an early-stage initiative, you will play an active role in translating business and functional requirements into concrete deliverables and test systems in partnership with other technology leaders within the team.
The world of networking is undergoing a sea change. Commodity switches, repeatable designs, dense fabrics and virtualization techniques dot the data center network landscape. SDN concepts are merging the boundaries of control plane and management plane functions and expectedly, software is playing an ever-increasing role in controlling and managing these networks.
At Amazon Web Services, we run one of the biggest networks in the world. The underlay networking devices and network operating system (NOS) that enable this infrastructure needs to be scalable, fast and always available. Our vision is to provide the best of breed networking systems that are cost-effective, scalable, secure and easily manageable. Ultimately enable great customer experience.
We are looking for a senior Software Technical Program Manager (TPM) to lead key feature initiatives that would build a set of foundational capabilities in networking control plane and data plane. These services will enable us to provide better manageability, to gain better visibility in the network, to scale out to larger and larger network fabrics and to quickly re-converge the network upon failures.
As the program manager responsible for driving these initiatives, you will be interacting with multiple teams in hardware, software and network operations. You will be directly working with a set of highly motivated groups of hardware, software developers that thrives on solving challenging problems with innovative solutions. This role bridges network operations and network software engineering disciplines as well as hardware designs and external vendors to solve real world problems.
As a program manager, you will have the autonomy, ownership, and responsibility to define and execute on complex programs on behalf of customers and to deliver new features and solutions that meet your customers’ rapidly expanding needs. Successful program managers are leaders who move fast, have an unrelenting tenacity to get things done, and are capable of breaking down complex problems and making data-driven decisions that best serve customers.
You will also roll up your sleeves and work directly with your engineering teams to help build and operate the features and services that you have defined. You will create and track metrics to define the success of your features and build data-based cases for your decisions. And you will develop enablement programs and content to help your features and solutions deployed at scale.
Amazon Web Services’ Hardware Engineering team is looking for experienced Manufacturing Test Professionals to help build the world’s premier cloud computing platform. We are looking for Manufacturing Test Engineers capable of operating in a fast paced, ever changing, multi-platform international manufacturing and production environment.
Our Manufacturing Test Engineers manage and develop test plans and strategies across numerous platforms and architectures. They develop and automate hardware tests for servers and systems using scripting while ensuring required specifications are met including analyzing and recording data. They will also participate in testing long term reliability of storage, servers and components. They are expected to handle personal project management, execution, and ongoing hardware test support of the all products in production as well as new product introductions. We are looking for upper echelon in hardware test and test process development.
As an Agile system architect you will help refine and grow the capabilities of current systems, driving continuous improvement to meet our needs as a developer of a world class cloud computing service provider. You will be responsible for design, develop and sustain PLM related application systems developed primarily using Oracle/Agile platform, Java and Oracle. This position will also serve to promote best practices and internal business processes with relation to change management and general PLM functions. We are looking for an individual who is responsive, flexible and able to succeed within an open collaborative peer environment. You must be motivated to work in a data driven environment, have a desire to drive change, and long for the opportunity to analyze systematic issues and implement solutions to challenging problems.
Agile System Administrator’s primary responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Provide technical system solutions for PLM systems primarily using Agile. The candidate should have a broad understanding of supply chain and PLM and will be able to provide solution to business process and requirements in terms of new design, configuration and business process change for implementation and/or extending of existing applications and will be able to lead IT process improvement initiatives
- Work closely with the Agile team and key stakeholders to understand requirements, owning software technical specifications and design documents, and develop and test the PLM applications and automations.
- Design and implement application configurations to meet business process and application requirements. Review and approve technical specifications and conduct code walk-through.
- Develop test plans to assure that developed solution satisfies client requirements including but not limited to developing test scripts, setting up test data, and assisting with activities relating to unit, performance, integration, conversion and cut-over testing, particularly packaged application configurations.
- Act as an advocate of Product Lifecycle Management best practices, methods, and processes
- Provide technical (Level 2/Level 3) support for applications. Support the users and Agile analyst in troubleshooting both application and business process issues
Interested in Amazon Alexa (Echo/Show/Spot/etc.) and the services that drive it? Help us build services and platforms that developers use to create and execute skills!
As a Software Development Manager, you will lead an organization of close-knit Engineers that are incredibly technical, agile, data driven, and highly collaborative. You will lead design, development, test, and deployment of a range of products related to skill definition, management, creation and execution. You will own a new platform, services and features which will enable developers to create better skills more efficiently. A successful candidate will have an established background in developing customer-facing experiences, a strong technical ability, excellent project management skills, great communication skills, and a motivation to achieve results in a fast paced environment. You will be helping to hire and build your team and systems.
- Responsible for the over-all systems development life cycle
- Management and execution against project plans and delivery commitments; Manage the day-to-day activities of the engineering team within an Agile/Scrum environment
- Management of departmental resources, staffing, mentoring, and enhancing and maintaining a best-of-class engineering team
- Work closely with the engineers to architect and develop the best technical design and approach
- Report on status of development, quality, operations, and system performance to management
If you have an entrepreneurial spirit, know how to deliver, are deeply technical, highly innovative and long for the opportunity to build pioneering solutions to challenging problems, we want to talk to you.