Here are our current job openings. Please view the details for more information, and apply from that page if you are interested.
Use the criteria below to search within our open positions. Make multiple selections by pressing the Ctrl key (or Command key if using a Mac) and clicking your choice.
Click column header to sort
Fire TV is the #1 best-selling streaming media player is the US – a tiny box that connects your HDTV to a world of online content. This is an opportunity to join a newly formed Fire TV Search Experience Team focused on connecting customers with entertaining and engaging content.
We are building a unified search experience across categories of digital entertainment, including the most popular video catalogs from the likes of Amazon Video, Netflix and Hulu, internet videos, apps & games, and music – all accessible through an Alexa powered voice search. Our technology stack is powered by Java-based services, AWS services (such as Amazon Elasticsearch Service, Amazon CloudSearch, AWS Lambda, and Amazon EMR), and Alexa’s Natural Language Understanding (NLU).
We are looking for a Software Development Engineer with a strong technical background, and a passion for search technologies and digital entertainment. If you were to join today, you’d get an opportunity to:
- Bring new content to Fire TV through search
- Make search smarter, by working with Alexa to gain a deeper understanding of user queries
- Leverage a big data & analytics pipeline to gain insight into search patterns and quality
- Continuously improve the search experience and relevance by experimenting with new features and algorithms, and measuring their impact
- Build a video catalog search platform that can be leveraged by other teams in Fire TV to improve the overall product experience
- Help set the technical and product direction for the team
Do you want to be part of a new program team that is building from the ground up at Amazon?
Are you passionate people who are focused on changing the world for the better?
Do you want your work to positively impact the lives of millions of people and you’re up for a challenge?
In this team you will have the opportunity to:
· Solve challenging problems at significant scale
· Work on an innovative services from the ground floor
· Work in a start-up environment with the backing of a strong corporate support culture within Amazon
We are looking for a Machine Learning Engineer who can bring bleeding edge machine learning models into production together with a highly multi-disciplinary team of data scientist, software development engineers, strategic partners, product managers and subject domain experts.
- Take responsibility for ensuring that Machine Learning code, models and pipelines are deployed successfully into production, and troubleshooting issues that arise.
- Design solution architectures for applications that will use the machine learning models.
- Deploy applications to AWS’s cloud leveraging the full spectrum of the AWS cloud services.
- Automate model training and testing and deployment via machine learning continuous delivery pipelines.
- Design and implement metrics to verify model and algorithm effectiveness.
We are building a team of passionate people who are focused on changing the world for the better. Driving forward with Customer Obsession & Think Big we will be creating a new vertical for Amazon. We are looking for smart, passionate people who have a strong sense of ownership and strong innovation mindset. If you want your work to positively impact the lives of millions of people and you’re up for a challenge, let’s talk!
We are looking for an Machine learning Scientist who can bring bleeding edge machine learning or NLP techniques into real products solving real problems together with a highly multi-disciplinary team of scientist, engineers, strategic partners, product managers and subject domain.
Amazon Lab126 is an inventive research and development company that designs and engineers high-profile consumer electronics. Lab126 began in 2004 as a subsidiary of Amazon.com, Inc., originally creating the best-selling Kindle family of products. Since then, we have produced groundbreaking devices like Fire tablets, Fire TV and Amazon Echo. What will you help us create?
The Senior Software development Manager will be part of the Echo software organization and will be responsible for leading multiple teams including BSP, Frameworks, and Audio for the Echo family of devices - Amazon Echo, Echo Dot, Tap, and related devices.
As a Senior Software Development Manager, you will be responsible for hiring and leading teams of framework and low level engineers to create software for devices in the Echo family. In this position you will partner with the hardware team, the Android team, the Connectivity team, product managers, project managers and other internal resources. You will also own relationships with vendors and partners for related technology.
The Senior Software Development Manager will provide technical leadership and management. This hands-on position requires broad engineering competence: low level system background, a good understanding of hardware, and the ability to build new device services that connect to cloud services. In addition, it will require demonstrated experience successfully planning, organizing and conducting software development projects in a dynamic environment.
The ideal candidate will be passionate about simple and elegant software solutions and focus on improving performance and reliability. The leader we are looking for will bring proven experience building, managing and mentoring engineering teams. In this role, you will:
· Work closely with the engineers to architect and develop the best technical design and approach
· Instill best practices for software development and documentation, assure designs meet requirements and deliver high-quality work on tight schedules
· Manage departmental resources, staffing and mentoring and enhance and maintain a best-in-class engineering team.
· Maintain and improve existing software
· Prepare technical requirements and software design specifications
· Report on status of development, quality, operations and system performance to management
Amazon RDS Postgres Senior Product Manager
We're looking for an accomplished product management leader to play a big role on the Amazon RDS team. RDS powers some of the most important Internet companies on Earth. We provide a simple-to-use and reliable relational database provisioning and management service on top of PostgreSQL, Oracle, SQL Server, MariaDB and MySQL, in addition to our own highly scalable database product, Amazon Aurora. Our goal is to be the best DBA a customer can find, providing the best database technology in the world, enabling companies to accelerate their growth and maintain as many 9’s of reliability and uptime as they need on their most crucial systems. Customers use RDS in thousands of different ways for experimentation, startup acceleration and mission-critical enterprise workloads, in fields as varied as tax preparation, space mission data analysis, business analytics, IOT data processing, and social networks, to name a few. We run the largest database fleet in the world, and we work hard to deliver features, security, durability, availability, performance, and scalability to our customers every day. Amazon RDS is one of the largest and fastest-growing businesses in the AWS cloud with no end in sight as businesses are rediscovering the strength of relational databases and the easy application development that leverages mutable schemas, scalable ACID transactions, and modern language interfaces such as JSON.
Are you a Senior Product Manager who has the experience to manage a business at scale while keeping your foot on the gas and continuing to provide our customers with the features they're asking for as well as the ones they haven't asked for yet? We need somebody who has a proven track record of guiding a successful business to be even more successful. One of our most exciting businesses is our managed PostgreSQL engines - RDS for PostgreSQL and Aurora PostgreSQL - both based on one of the most popular open source databases in the world. As customers move to the cloud, they are also finding that it’s time to move both upscale from less performant open source databases and down-cost from proprietary databases. Your focus will be the PostgreSQL engines business in both its current state and all future projects around it.
The successful candidate will be a tenacious and ambitious self-starter with a passion for the cloud who can serve as a strong advocate for our developer and enterprise customers. You will have proven analytical capabilities, strong persuasive writing skills, Internet business experience, and the tenacity to develop ideas independently and thrive in a fast-paced start-up environment. You must have a deep understanding of customer needs and the competitive landscape, and be able to translate customer needs into features, pricing models, and merchandising opportunities to deliver an unparalleled customer experience.
As the RDS for PostgreSQL Senior Product Manager you will:
· Understand our customers inside and out via regular calls, visits, customer briefings, your own customer advisory board, and travel to conferences, summits, and customer sites
· Lead teams across AWS, directly or by influence, that drive the Amazon RDS business forward
· Develop the RDS product strategy and vision and translate it into creative, high quality, simple project features
· Make the business decisions that grow adoption and usage of RDS and Aurora. Set prices, target the right customers, and focus our investments in the right areas.
· Work closely with all RDS and Aurora engineering teams to design, schedule and deliver in an agile environment.
· Launch new features and make sure our sales, marketing, and PR teams are telling the most compelling RDS story
· Dive deep into database technology to chart the vision for the next big things from Amazon and RDS for PostgreSQL.
If you think you have what it takes and you want to grow yourself while you grow a business, come talk to us!
Located in Beijing ( mandatory)
Would you like to own driving the revenue for Amazon Web Services (AWS) in China’s largest and most innovative Media and Entertainment companies? Would you like to be part of a cross-functional team focused on increasing technology adoption of cloud computing by engaging directly with C-level executives and influencers at all levels? Do you have the business background, technical depth, and communication skills needed to help further establish Amazon as the leader in the Media and Entertainment industry.
Your responsibilities will include helping to define key enterprises, finding strategic partners, assembling cross-functional engagement teams, and driving business and technical relationships with customers to create significant new opportunity pipelines. You will enable the AWS enterprise sales teams to more effectively drive their day-to-day interactions with key prospects. You will work closely with AWS Solutions Architects and AWS Professional Services teams to develop and promote cloud best-practices. And you will work closely with the AWS product and services teams to help evolve AWS offerings for more rapid enterprise adoption while addressing issues, concerns, and requests from the field.
The ideal candidate will possess a business background that enables them to drive an engagement and interact at the CXO/VP level of media and entertainment companies, as well as having the technical depth to easily communicate the benefits of cloud computing to IT architects, application analysts, and enterprise security and compliance teams. The ideal candidate will also have a demonstrated ability to think strategically and long-term about the needs of global businesses, and be deeply familiar with complex, legacy IT environments including applications, middleware, storage, networks, information security, and operations. A keen sense of ownership, drive, and scrappiness is a must.
Amazon Web Services (AWS) provides companies of all sizes with an infrastructure web services platform in the cloud. With AWS, you can requisition compute power, storage, and other services – paying as you go for only the resources you need. Amazon Redshift is rapidly growing, fast and powerful, fully managed, petabyte-scale data warehouse service in the cloud. It enables customers to dramatically increase their query performance when analyzing virtually any size data set using the same SQL-based business intelligence tools they use today. They can launch a fully operational service with a few clicks for as low as under $1000 per terabyte per year. Amazon Redshift manages all the work needed to set up, operate, and scale a data warehouse, from provisioning capacity and installing software to monitoring and backing up the cluster, to applying patches and upgrades. By automating these labor-intensive tasks, Amazon Redshift enables customers to spend their time focusing on their data and business insights, rather than on procuring and managing infrastructure.
Joining the Amazon Redshift team gives you the opportunity to:
- Work on a disruptive product that’s still in its early stages
- Solve challenging problems that will revolutionize database computing in the cloud
- Build a product that will leverage the scale of resources available in the cloud
- Work for a company that’s a recognized leader in the cloud computing space
- Be involved in the fast growing, big data space
We are looking for developers with expertise and passion for building large scale distributed systems. Experience with jdbc drivers, proxy services, load balancing , highly available/fault tolerant systems, and operating complex services running in the cloud are all pluses.
In this role, you will have responsibility for:
- Translating functional and technical requirements into detailed architecture and design
- Coding and testing complex system components
- Participating in code and design reviews to maintain our high development standards
- Working with other teams to deliver and operate large scale, distributed services in the cloud
- Overall system architecture, scalability, reliability, and performance
Amazon.com is looking for best-in-class Network Engineers to help deploy, scale and automate one of the world’s largest and complex networks. With Amazon Web Services, our goal is to become “The Infrastructure Platform” to the world. Our customers demand the highest quality and reliability for their services. We are expanding at a tremendous rate it is our responsibility to maintain quality and reliability while developing innovative ways to automate the scaling of our network.
As a Network Engineer working within AWS Infrastructure you will:
- Deploy network infrastructure across all of our network fabrics that supports the Amazon Retail Service, Kindle, Payments and multiple AWS services.
- Deploy, scale and automate our network across multiple global datacenters in both existing and new locations.
- Drive scaling of current network designs to meet the increasing demand of our customers.
- Create simple, repetitive deployment processes that increase both velocity and quality.
- Work closely with our internal customers on designs/solutions; bringing those designs/solutions from concept to production.
- Create and update our network standards and ensure that the network is deployed to these standards.
- Create and implement changes on the network.
- Automate workflow and execution of deployments on a global scale
- Work closely with our automation teams in transitioning and defining new tools that allow us to scale at unprecedented volume.
Our ideal candidate has a proven record of delivering large quantities of peering, transit, and backbone circuits, is highly autonomous, possesses strong written and verbal communication skills, strong project management and time management skills, and has a successful track record of designing simple, scalable solutions and troubleshooting complex network problems. The desire and ability to work in a fast paced, collaborative environment is essential.
Alexa is the Amazon cloud service that powers Echo, the groundbreaking Amazon device designed around your voice. We believe voice is the most natural user interface for interacting with technology across many domains; We want you to come build the future with us!
This position will work with a variety of roles across the organization to build out new products and features on Alexa. You will have an opportunity to impact the customer experience, design, architecture, and implementation of a cutting edge product that is used every day by people you know.
We are looking for entrepreneurial, innovative individuals who thrive on solving tough problems in a nebulous environment. Delivering results, bias for action, ability to multi-task/prioritize, strong technical skills, ability to influence, leadership, and a natural curiosity are essential traits for success in this role.
As a TPM, you will wear many hats and be required to navigate an always shifting landscape of bottlenecks, technical constraints, and prioritization tradeoffs. The right candidate will not see this as a negative, you are excited to tackle these complex projects and deliver results time and time again.
In this role, you will:
• Interact with Software Developers, Technical Program Managers, Product Managers, and leadership to define and deliver complex features
• Lead the effective and efficient delivery of complex projects
• Drive project schedules, manage product launch, clearly communicate status and anticipate bottlenecks
• Dive into the technical complexity of features and bugs when needed and be able to recommend priority of issues
• Identify opportunities to drive innovation, accelerate product launches, and remove bottlenecks to deliver results
• Dive deep to identify root causes of issues and/or generate reports and extract data to identify problem patterns
We are a smart team of doers that work passionately to apply cutting edge advances in robotics and software to solve real-world challenges that will transform our customers’ experiences in ways we can’t even imagine yet. As a Sr Software Development Engineer - Robotics, you will be working with a unique and gifted team developing exciting products for consumers and collaborate with cross-functional engineering teams, including Amazon Robotics.
As a Senior SDE, you will be a technical leader developing algorithms involving real-world sensor data. You will be working with a unique and gifted team developing exciting products for consumers. The team is a multidisciplinary group of engineers and scientists engaged in a fast-paced mission to deliver the products. The team faces a challenging task of balancing cost, schedule, and performance requirements. You should be comfortable collaborating in a fast-paced and often uncertain environment, and contributing to innovative solutions, while demonstrating leadership, technical competence, and meticulousness.
Key responsibilities include algorithm development and collaborating with cross functional engineering teams to bring concepts into production. You will work with engineers to create prototype solutions, evaluate the systems for improvements, and build production solutions