Here are our current job openings. Please view the details for more information, and apply from that page if you are interested.
Use the criteria below to search within our open positions. Make multiple selections by pressing the Ctrl key (or Command key if using a Mac) and clicking your choice.
Click column header to sort
The Amazon Devices team designs and engineers high-profile consumer electronics, including the best-selling Kindle family of products. We have also produced groundbreaking devices like Fire tablets, Fire TV, Amazon Dash, and Amazon Echo.
What will you help us create?
As a Software Quality Assurance Engineer, you will work with consumer application testing expertise. You will join a team of hands-on, proactive, self-motivated and seasoned SQA professionals. In this role, you will:
· Develop and execute automated tests and test plans
· Efficiently execute test cases across all functional areas of our products
· Review product user interface for conformity to design guidelines
· Find, isolate, document, regress, and track bugs through resolution
· Interpret and report testing results, and be a vocal proponent for quality in every phase of the development process
· Work with software development engineers to understand the overall technical architecture and how each feature is implemented
Amazon Lab126 is an inventive research and development company that designs and engineers high-profile consumer electronics. Lab126 began in 2004 as a subsidiary of Amazon.com, Inc., originally creating the best-selling Kindle family of products. Since then, we have produced groundbreaking devices like Fire tablets, Fire TV, and Amazon Echo. What will you help us create?
Work hard. Have fun. Make history.
We are looking for a passionate, hard-working and talented Senior Software Development Engineer for the Amazon Echo team who has experience building innovative, mission critical software features. You will have an enormous opportunity to make a large impact on the design, architecture, and development of consumer products. In this role, you will:
- Be responsible for the development and maintenance of key features for Amazon Echo
- Work with other team members to investigate design approaches, prototype new technology and evaluate technical feasibility
- Assist with Architecture and Design of new and current systems
- Work in an Agile/Scrum environment to deliver high quality software
Amazon's Kindle Direct Publishing (KDP) is a service for self-publishing books to the Amazon Kindle store. The KDP Support Specialist will be the front line interface between Amazon and publishers/content providers who use the KDP tool to upload content they want to put up for sale on the Kindle store. The KDP Support Specialist will work towards ensuring all the concerns from the publishers are duly attended to such that the system works smoothly. Opportunities await strong candidates looking for a fast growing, dynamic, challenging, innovative, and fun work environment. This is a unique opportunity to be a part of a revolutionary product that will change the way people read.
- Process and Respond to emails and/or phone calls received from publishers in English and Traditional Chinese.
- Reprocess stuck books through the system
- Route issues and bugs that need engineering expertise to the development teams
- Remove content as they are identified by the KCQ team
- Work with publishers that their content has been removed
- Maintain and improve a knowledge base with unique publisher requests and their solutions
- Work on developing standard responses for common questions
- Remotely calibrate with peers and leads on other sites of the network to ensure consistent experience to publishers
Blink was the result of one of the most successful crowdfunding campaigns ever and is now part of Amazon Devices, the consumer electronics division that brings you the Kindle, Fire Tablets, Fire TV, and Echos!
Blink builds the completely wireless, affordable, and battery-operated home security cameras that send motion-activated alerts and HD video to your smartphone for an amazingly affordable price. Our vertically integrated engineering team works on algorithms, ASICs, hardware, firmware, cloud software and mobile applications to deliver products that customers love. We are looking for an exceptional IT Support Engineer to help us grow.
- Windows/Mac/Linux OS deployment and support
- User hardware/software/peripheral support
- Remote support
- LAN troubleshooting and support
- Systems administration
- Hardware procurement and asset management
- Creating and maintaining documentation
- Mentoring and handling escalations from junior technicians
- May require lifting or carrying desktop computers up to 25 lbs
- Some on call responsibilities are required
- Proven ability to work successfully with limited supervision
As a Senior Technical Program Manager, you will engage with an experienced cross-disciplinary staff to conceive and design innovative consumer products. In this role, you will:
- Work with key stakeholders in product management and executive teams to define strategy and requirements
- Lead cross-functional development on new technology from design through delivery
- Work with remote teams to deliver supporting software and services in sync with launch timelines
- Communicate regularly with senior management on status, risks and change control
Amazon Lab126 is an inventive research and development company that designs and engineers high-profile consumer electronics. Lab126 began in 2004 as a subsidiary of Amazon.com, Inc., originally creating the best-selling Kindle family of products. Since then, we have produced groundbreaking devices like Fire tablets, Fire TV, Fire phone, and Amazon Echo. What will you help us create?
Work hard. Have fun. Make history.
We are seeking a talented, self-directed Data Engineer to design, develop, implement, test, document, and operate large-scale, high-volume, high-performance data structures for our internal customers. Implement data structures using best practices in data modeling and ETL/ELT processes. Gather business and functional requirements and translate these requirements into robust, scalable, operable solutions that work well within the overall data architecture. Analyze source data systems and drive best practices in source teams. Participate in the full development life cycle, end-to-end, from design, implementation and testing, to documentation, delivery, support, and maintenance. Produce comprehensive, usable dataset documentation and metadata. Evaluate and make decisions around dataset implementations designed and proposed by peer data engineers. Evaluate and make decisions around the use of new or existing software products and tools. Mentor junior data engineers.
The ideal candidate relishes working with large volumes of data, enjoys the challenge of highly complex technical contexts, and, above all else, is passionate about data and analytics. He/she is an expert with data modeling, ETL design and business intelligence tools and passionately partners with the business to identify strategic opportunities where improvements in data infrastructure creates outsized business impact. He/she is a self-starter, comfortable with ambiguity, able to think big (while paying careful attention to detail) and enjoys working in a fast-paced team. The ideal candidate needs to possess exceptional technical expertise in large scale data warehouse and BI systems with hands-on knowledge on SQL, Distributed/MPP data storage, and AWS services (S3, Redshift, EMR, RDS).
Specifically, the Data Engineer will:
- Design, implement, and support a platform providing ad hoc access to large datasets
- Interface with other technology teams to extract, transform, and load data from a wide variety of data sources using SQL
- Implement data structures using best practices in data modeling, ETL/ELT processes, and SQL, and Redshift
- Build robust and scalable data integration (ETL) pipelines using SQL, Python and Spark
- Build and deliver high quality datasets to support business analysis and customer reporting needs
- Interface with business customers, gathering requirements and delivering complete data structures
Want to teach Alexa new ways to help customers manage their tasks? Ask Alexa for your to-do list, or add an item to your shopping list; that’s us.
Our team is responsible for building the always helpful, contextually aware voice service that helps customers manage their tasks. Our mission is to go beyond being a memory aid to become a trusted partner for getting stuff done. We also own the Alexa List API that third party developers use to integrate their productivity apps with Alexa.
We are looking for a passionate engineer to join our team and drive the development of cloud that powers Alexa. You will have a great opportunity to make a large impact on the design and architecture of cutting edge products used every day, by people you know.
- Work in an Agile/Scrum environment to deliver high quality software against aggressive schedules
- Establish design principles, select design patterns and mentor junior team members
- Help to define and push for the best possible end-user experience
- Own the end to end delivery of multiple features in parallel
- Design and develop high performance, test driven code to meet complex requirements and is massively scalable
Amazon Lab126 is an inventive research and development company that designs and engineers high-profile consumer electronics. Lab126 began in 2004 as a subsidiary of Amazon.com, Inc., originally creating the best-selling Kindle family of products. Since then, we have produced groundbreaking devices like Fire tablets, Fire TV and Amazon Echo.
What will you help us create?
As a Senior Software Development Engineer, you will be part of a team that owns critical applications and back end services, working on projects that push the boundaries of customer-device interaction. As a member of this team, you will be working on large scale data applications, data pipelines, data analytics, dashboards, and back-end services. Members of this team work closely with Algorithm Development teams, Technical Project Managers, and other SDEs. Excellent communication skills in addition to core engineering skills are essential, along with a fundamental understanding of basic statistics and data analytics.
You will provide technical leadership and contribute to the definition, development, integration, test, documentation, and support of software applications across multiple platforms. This hands-on position requires broad engineering competence and in-depth technical knowledge of application software development, data structures and analytics, communication skills, and demonstrated experience successfully planning, organizing, and conducting software development projects. Successful candidates must be motivated to work in a data driven environment, build solid data architectures, have a desire to drive process improvement, and capable of translating high-level, ambiguous business goals to working software solutions. Additionally, successful candidates are not only able to manage data pipelines and architectures, but also can understand the data to tell a story in order to provide guidance and recommendations.
In this role, you will:
- Deliver results on complex projects involving teams across the company
- Be responsible for the architecture of software solutions
- Create new and edit current applications and features
- Prepare technical requirements and software design specifications
- Build strong working relationships and establish effective communication
- Build robust data architecture and perform data analysis
- Instill best practices for software development and documentation, making sure designs meet requirements, and delivering high quality work on tight schedules.
Interested in creating systems and services that bring the power of Machine Learning (ML) to new application fields? With products such as Amazon Transcribe, Amazon Rekognition and Amazon Sagemaker, we are setting the standard for high-performance, easy-to-use and cost-effective ML services. Our team expands this portfolio to new applications and industries.
As a Senior Software Development Engineer, you will be responsible for designing, developing, testing, and deploying distributed machine learning systems and large-scale solutions for our world-wide customer base. In this, you will collaborate closely with a team of ML scientists to influence our overall strategy and define the team’s road map. You will also drive the system architecture, spearhead best practices that enable a quality product, and help coach and develop junior engineers. A successful candidate will have an established background in engineering large scale software systems, a strong technical ability, great communication skills, and a motivation to achieve results in a fast paced environment.
Amazon Lab126 is an inventive research and development company that designs and engineers high-profile devices like the Kindle family of products. Lab126 began in 2004 as a subsidiary of Amazon.com, Inc. Since then, we have worked to produce best-selling e-readers and tablets, as well as new inventions like Fire TV and Fire phone. What will you help us create?
We are a smart team of doers that work passionately to apply cutting edge advances in robotics and software to solve real-world challenges that will transform our customers’ experiences in ways we can’t even imagine yet. As a System Development Engineer, you will be working with a unique and gifted team developing exciting products for consumers and collaborate with cross-functional engineering teams, including Amazon Robotics.
The Platform team is responsible for the delivery and maintenance of a high-performance, low-power, stable platform with navigation and Computer Vision capabilities. As a Systems Development Engineer, you will engage with an experienced cross-disciplinary staff to conceive and design innovative consumer products. You will work closely with both internal teams and outside partners to drive and develop key aspects of the product. You will use your strong analytical skills to guide the overall system architecture, software optimizations and ultimately data-driven decision making. You must be responsive, flexible and able to succeed within an open collaborative peer environment. You must also be able and willing to multi-task and learn new technologies quickly.
You will work closely with the hardware, software algorithms and applications and quality assurance teams. You must be responsive, flexible, and able to succeed within an open and collaborative peer environment. In this role, you will:
Some of your key responsibilities include:
- Broad cross-functional engineering interaction with an emphasis on driving and guiding system architecture for power, performance and system optimization with focus on customer facing use cases and KPIs
- Is comfortable with proactive outward communication and technical leadership and never shies away from a challenge
- Help build robust methodology and processes to deliver technology to products
- Strong problem solving skills to root cause and solve cross system issues