Here are our current job openings. Please view the details for more information, and apply from that page if you are interested.
Use the criteria below to search within our open positions. Make multiple selections by pressing the Ctrl key (or Command key if using a Mac) and clicking your choice.
Click column header to sort
Amazon Web Services (AWS) Hardware Engineering is a fast growing and leading-edge research and development team that creates enterprise compute and storage server designs for our innovative web service and e-commerce technology platforms. Our designs are industry-leading in terms of performance, frugality and operational excellence, and are critical to the success of the AWS business and the hundreds of thousands of customers who use utility computing today. We are seeking an experienced Technical Program Manager (TPM) to define and build the next generation of our cloud platforms. Our success depends on our world-class server infrastructure; we’re handling massive scale and rapid integration of emergent technologies.
The ideal TPM candidate will be an experienced program manager who is skilled in managing server hardware product development teams across several geographic regions using a variety of suppliers. The successful candidate will be an innovative self-starter and leader. The candidate will be familiar with the cloud computing industry and AWS offerings and will be passionate about providing the best possible customer experience at the best cost. The candidate will have an obsession with data and precise analysis and will use these as inputs to make decisions.
What you will do: As a TPM on the Server Hardware Engineering team you will be responsible for leading multiple simultaneous hardware product development programs in a highly cross-functional environment which includes internal customers, external vendors and technology partners. You’ll provide leadership in the application of new technologies to large scale server deployments in a continuous effort to deliver a world-class customer experience at a world-class cost point. This is a fast-paced, intellectually challenging position, and you’ll work with thought leaders in multiple technology areas. You’ll have high standards for yourself and everyone you work with, and you’ll be constantly looking for ways to improve your product’s performance, quality and cost. Using data and key metrics, you will also drive and measure process improvements that enhance our operational effectiveness. You will work independently in a dynamic, challenging, and fast-changing organization. We’re changing an industry, and we need individuals who are ready for this challenge and who want to reach beyond what is possible today.
Why it matters: Amazon has thousands of unique services, both big and small that power the Retail website (Amazon.com), Amazon Web Services, Kindle, Amazon Instant Video and more. These services run on hardware around the world. We continually need to deploy newer, innovative, and more efficient and cost effective hardware. Your work will drive efficiency and significant cost savings while improving the performance and reliability of our websites and services. Your work will touch development teams and customers around the world.
Why you will love it: You will have exposure to teams and leaders across the entire company. You will be a part of a leading edge research and development team. You will see many aspects of the Amazon business. You will have a direct impact on our bottom line and the ability to improve things for our developers. You will be part of a growing, fast paced, and fun team. You will have ownership and responsibility for defining and executing processes that deliver both savings and productivity for Amazon.
Senior Manager of Software Development - AWS Glue - Seattle, WA
Amazon Web Services (AWS) provides companies of all sizes with an
infrastructure web services platform in the cloud. With AWS, you can
requisition compute power, storage, and other services – paying as you
go for only the resources you need. AWS is the leading platform for designing and developing applications for the cloud, has over 400,000 third party developers writing applications for the platform and is currently used by leading companies like New York Times, Netflix and NASA/JPL. See details at http://aws.amazon.com.
The Database Services group provides rapidly growing, industry acclaimed cloud services in areas of big data platforms, data warehouses, analytics, and operational databases. The group is at the forefront of innovation in these areas producing world-class cloud services, which while large profitable businesses, are also in their infancy. They represent a large fraction of the AWS business, and continue to accelerate.
AWS Glue is a fully managed, next-generation data integration service. AWS Glue makes it simple and cost-effective to organize and categorize your data, as well as clean, enrich, and prepare it for fast analytics. We are looking for an experienced leader to take our early lead in the Big Data market and extend it by defining and delivering industry-leading, next-generation services architected for the cloud.
Joining AWS Glue gives you the opportunity to:
- Work on a disruptive product that’s still in its early stages
- Solve challenging problems that will revolutionize Big Data computing in the cloud
- Build a product that will leverage the scale of resources available in the cloud
- Work for a company that’s a recognized leader in the cloud computing space
- Be involved in the fast growing, Big Data space
- Lead and grow a software development team responsible for rethinking traditional data warehousing, analytics, and database architectures
- Manage the design, implementation, test, and deployment
- Conceive innovative new solutions for our customers, at the intersection of multiple fields: Big Data, analytics, warehousing, and machine learning.
- Mentor senior engineers and managers, provide leadership on complex technical issues, design tradeoffs, and feature and schedule prioritization
- Work with senior executives to develop business targets and resource requirements, and influence our technical and business strategy
- Help hire talented engineers and managers
This position within the Big Data team represents a unusual opportunity to shape the technology and future of a rapidly evolving industry and business. As with all Amazon positions, you will also be deeply customer-centric.
Are you a Database Specialist? Do you like to solve the most complex and large-scale database challenges in the world today? Do you want to have an impact in the development and use of new database technologies? Would you like a career that gives you opportunities to help customers and partners use Cloud computing web services to build new solutions, faster, and at lower cost? Do you like to gain the deepest customer and partner insights using Cloud computing technologies?
Amazon aims to be the most customer centric company on earth. Amazon Web Services (AWS) provides a highly reliable, scalable, low-cost infrastructure platform in the cloud that powers critical applications for hundreds of thousands of businesses in 190 countries around the world.
At AWS, we’re hiring highly technical cloud computing architects to collaborate with our customers and partners on migrating their Database and Analytics Solutions to the cloud. This role will specifically focus on Amazon Aurora Postgres.
You would be one of the founding members of a dynamic team bringing the latest in disruptive, cutting-edge cloud computing technologies to bear on the difficult cost and agility challenges facing many organizations. The business development and accounting management teams will help accelerate the adoption of AWS as the leading cloud technology platform.
The ideal candidate will …
Be great fun to work with. Our company credo is “Work hard. Have fun. Make history”. As the right candidate, you will love what you do, and instinctively know how to make work fun. You will be dynamic and creative, and willing to take on any challenge.
Enjoy working with customers and partners. You have a passion for educating, training, designing, and building cloud computing systems for some of the world’s largest and most important organizations.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Design Customer Solutions Collaborate with AWS field sales, presales, training and support teams to help partners and customers learn and use Amazon Aurora Postgres.
- Devise Strategy and Engage with Solution Architects, Account Managers Professional Services and Partners to define a Databse & Analytics Engagement strategy for AWS operational territories and key accounts.
- Thought Leadership – Provide global thought leadership on Analytics solutions that benefit customers through the use of AWS Services. This takes the form of contribution to external publications such as the AWS Big Data Blog, Whitepapers and Reference architectures, as well as internal training of Solution Architects, Professional Services Consultants, Technical Account Managers, and AWS Trainers
- Serve as a key member of the business development and account management team in helping to ensure customer success in building and migrating applications, software and services on the AWS platform.
- Assist solution providers with the definition and implementation of technical and business strategies.
- Capture and share best-practice knowledge amongst the worldwide AWS solution architect community.
- Identify key use cases and associated reference architectures for AWS market segments and industry verticals.
Amazon Lab126 is an inventive research and development company that designs and engineers high-profile consumer electronics. Lab126 began in 2004 as a subsidiary of Amazon.com, Inc., originally creating the best-selling Kindle family of products. Since then, we have produced groundbreaking devices like Fire tablets, Fire TV, and Amazon Echo. What will you help us create?
Work hard. Have fun. Make history.
Amazon Alexa is the voice-controlled personal assistant behind Amazon Echo. We are hiring senior software engineers who share our passion for enabling it on all IoT devices and not just Echo. Interested? Come join our team!
As a member of the team you will be responsible for leading the development and launch of core product features. You will have significant influence on our overall strategy by helping define these product features, drive the system architecture, and spearhead the best practices that enable a quality product.
The ideal candidate is clearly passionate about new opportunities and has a demonstrable track record of success in delivering new features and products. A commitment to team work, hustle, and strong communication skills (to both business and technical partners) are absolute requirements. Creating reliable, scalable, and high performance products requires exceptional technical expertise, a sound understanding of the fundamentals of Computer Science, and practical experience building scalable software products. This person thrives in delivering high quality technology solutions in a hyper-growth environment where priorities shift fast.
Amazon Web Services (AWS) Hardware Engineering team creates compute and storage server designs for Amazon’s innovative web services. Our designs are industry-leading in performance, frugality and operational excellence, and are critical to the success of the AWS business and the more than one million customers who use AWS today. Our engineers solve challenging technology problems with architecturally-unique solutions that enable AWS to realize critical business strategies. The team also develops systems to ensure that every piece of server hardware in AWS is healthy and manageable and builds software that interfaces with thousands of cutting-edge embedded systems all over the world. We are seeking experienced Systems Design and Development Engineers to build the next generation of our cloud platforms. Our success depends on our world-class server infrastructure; we’re handling massive scale and rapid integration of emergent technologies.
What you will do: As a senior member of the Server Hardware Engineering team you will provide technology thought leadership and own responsibility for leading the design and development of server products utilizing a wide range of design and manufacturing partners. You will work closely with our customers to understand their business goals and define the technical product requirements. You will interact with engineers and business owners across the company and work with an interdisciplinary team to execute design, test, certification, manufacturing and integration into final product SKUs and deployment to data centers around the world.
This is a fast-paced, intellectually challenging position, and you’ll work with thought leaders in multiple technology areas. You’ll have high standards for yourself and everyone you work with, and you’ll be constantly looking for ways to improve the performance, quality and cost of your products. We’re changing an industry, and we want individuals who are ready for this challenge and have the drive to reach beyond what is possible today.
Why it matters: Public cloud IT services represent the majority of growth in the overall IT services market and will continue to do so for several years to come. The scale of AWS, combined with an understanding of how our hardware is used, creates an unique opportunity for hardware customizations that will directly benefit AWS customers. Amazon has thousands of unique services, both big and small that power the Retail website (Amazon.com), Amazon Web Services, Kindle, Amazon Instant Video and more. These services run on hardware around the world. We continually need to deploy newer, innovative, and more efficient and cost effective hardware. Your work will drive efficiency and significant cost savings while improving the performance and reliability of our websites and services. Your work will touch development teams and customers around the world.
Why you will love it: You will work directly with engineers and product owners across the company to build next-generation hardware. You will have a direct impact on our bottom line and the ability to deliver improvements for our customers. You will be part of a growing, fast paced, and fun team. You will have ownership for the implementation of your work.
Amazon Devices designs and engineers high-profile consumer electronics, including the best-selling Kindle family of products. We have also produced groundbreaking devices like Fire tablets, Fire TV, Amazon Dash, and Amazon Echo. What will you help us create?
As a Software Quality Assurance Engineer on the Echo Software Team, you will join the team of hands-on, pro-active, self-motivated and seasoned SQA professionals testing Android-based software for consumer electronics products. In this role, you will:
- Create test plans and test cases
- Review user interfaces for conformity and functionality
- Efficiently execute test cases across all functional areas of our products
- Review product user interface for conformity to design guidelines
- Find, isolate, document, regress, and track bugs through resolution
- Interpret and report testing results, and be a vocal proponent for quality in every phase of the development process
- Work with Software Development Engineers to understand the overall technical architecture and how each feature is implemented
Amazon Lab126 is an inventive research and development company that designs and engineers high-profile consumer electronics. Lab126 began in 2004 as a subsidiary of Amazon.com, Inc., originally creating the best-selling Kindle family of products. Since then, we have produced groundbreaking devices like Fire tablets, Fire TV, and Echo. What will you help us create?
Work hard. Have fun. Make history.
We are looking for a talented and passionate Embedded Software Engineer to be part of an exciting team. You will have an enormous opportunity to make a large impact on the design, architecture, and implementation of cutting edge products used every day, by people you know. In this role, you will:
· Be responsible for system architecture and development of new features for embedded systems
· Investigate, prototype and deliver new and innovative system solutions
· Profile, Analyze and optimize system level performance
· Design, develop and verify firmware for embedded systems
· Participate in design reviews, API development, and documentation
· Work with new technologies that are vital to product development
· Deliver investigation plans and reports, architectural documents, design specs, software and firmware source code, build scripts
· Perform tasks including debug, bring-up, Beta and production software development
· Successfully collaborate with both software and hardware product teams
Want to teach Alexa new ways to help customers manage their tasks? Ask Alexa for your to-do list, or add an item to your shopping list; that’s us.
Our team is responsible for building the always ready, contextually aware assistant that helps customers manage their tasks. Our mission is to go beyond being a memory aid to become a trusted partner for getting stuff done. We also own the Alexa List API platform that third party developers use to integrate their productivity apps with Alexa. We have a long roadmap of new features to deliver.
We are looking for a passionate engineer to join our team and drive the development of cloud that powers Alexa. You will have a great opportunity to make a large impact on the design and architecture of cutting edge products used every day, by people you know.
- Work in an Agile/Scrum environment to deliver high quality software against aggressive schedules
- Establish design principles, select design patterns and mentor junior team members
- Help to define and push for the best possible end-user experience
- Own the end to end delivery of multiple features in parallel.
- Design and develop high performance, test driven code to meet complex requirements and is massively scalable
The Amazon Devices team designs and engineers high-profile consumer electronics, including the best-selling Kindle family of products. We have also produced groundbreaking devices like Fire tablets, Fire TV, Amazon Dash, and Amazon Echo. What will you help us create?
Help bring the magic of Alexa to FireTV!
Be part of a fast-paced, agile and innovative team who is bringing new multi-modal, integrated voice with GUI, experiences to FireTV in a startup like environment.
We are looking for passionate, hard-working, and talented software engineers who have experience building innovative, mission critical, high volume applications that customers love. This is a high visibility team where you will get a chance to make a positive impact on customer experience.
The Amazon Kindle, Kindle Fire, Echo and FireTV are revolutionary consumer devices that have become the #1 best-selling Amazon products. They are among the most innovative and fastest growing businesses at both Amazon and the entire consumer electronics industry. We are looking for talented software engineers to join our team in building application software. This is an enormous opportunity to lead the design, architecture, and implementation of products used every day by people you know.
In this role, you will:
- Do mobile application software design and development
- Contribute expert-level development skills to develop performant consumer facing experiences for TV
- Write clean, maintainable code and performing peer code-reviews
- Work with other team members to investigate design approaches, prototype new technology and evaluate technical feasibility
- Work in an Agile/Scrum environment to deliver high quality software against aggressive schedules
- Establish architectural principles, select design patterns and then mentor team members on their appropriate application
- Work closely with internal teams to prioritize, design and build custom applications
- Interact directly with internal and external partners to identify app requirements
As a Senior Software Developer, you will engage with an experienced cross-disciplinary staff to conceive, design and bring to market innovative consumer products. You will work closely with an internal inter-disciplinary team, and outside partners to drive key aspects of product definition, execution and test. You must be responsive, flexible and able to succeed within an open collaborative peer environment. In this role, you will:
- Responsible for system architecture and development for new product initiatives and feature development.
- Investigate, prototype and deliver new and innovative system solutions.
- Will work in an Agile/Scrum environment to deliver high quality software.
- Will establish architectural principles, select design patterns and then mentor team members on their appropriate application.
As a Sr. Manufacturing Design Engineer (MDE) Engineer, you will be the technical conscience and SME for all manufacturing-related problems. You will be responsible for defining and implementing excellent DfX practices for our product. You will be the main interface between the Hardware and Product Design Engineering teams, our Product Operations teams within Lab126, and our CM partners. In this role, you will:
- Work with the Design Engineering teams to identify and escalate manufacturing challenges by enforcing DFM (Manufacturing), DFA (Assembly) and DFS (Serviceability) principles
- Investigate and introduce new manufacturing technology and methodologies to enhance product quality and production efficiencies
- Develop manufacturing processes at our CM, including defining fixture requirements, critical dimensions on parts and critical requirements in the assembly process
- Drive all factory-related operational issues related to subassembly and final assembly processes during pre-production builds; ensure effective closure of manufacturing-related issues to enable the operational success of launching new products
- Identify and develop assembly jigs and fixtures for new products
- Work within the Product Operations, Hardware and Product Design Engineering departments to implement and optimize manufacturing first pass yields from prototype through product ramp
- Bridge the gap from our CM to Lab126 by supporting development builds and mass production
- Support cost reduction and sustaining activities