Here are our current job openings. Please view the details for more information, and apply from that page if you are interested.
Use the criteria below to search within our open positions. Make multiple selections by pressing the Ctrl key (or Command key if using a Mac) and clicking your choice.
Click column header to sort
You’re a seasoned engineer who is looking for an opportunity to have world-changing impact at one of the most innovative companies on Earth. You find the thought of solving problems that AWS has never faced before both daunting and invigorating. You’re excited to own the definition, design, delivery, and operation of a revolutionary new AWS service. You are a strong developer with a background in one or more of distributed systems, Linux systems development, or networking, and are up for rolling the dice on “we actually can’t tell you what this is before you sign up” for the right team and project.
We’re a small new team of AWS veterans working on a new service that we actually can’t tell you anything about. For real. Ask us if you like, but we’ll just grin at you. We’re very excited about it, we’ve proved that it can work, but we’ve got a boatload of questions we don’t know how to answer and we need your help to figure everything out and deliver it. We’re pretty sure there are a bunch of questions we haven’t thought to ask yet, too. Maybe you know some of the questions, maybe you know some of the answers, but one way or the other you want to be part of building something historic. This could be it – only one way to find out.
Some things you’ll do here
· Independently (but with support, of course) carve sense out of ambiguity
· Own a significant portion of the architecture, implementation, and operation of a new AWS service
· Help deliver a delightful product to our customers, iterate on it, rinse and repeat
· Direct the effort of and mentor more junior developers on the team
· Dive deep on hard problems and figure out how to solve them
· Work with our customers, stakeholders, and dependencies to ensure we’re delivering the right thing
· Communicate well: make complex things understandable, state hard things plainly
Some things we like about you
· Your written and spoken English are excellent
· You’ve been writing software since you could tie your shoes or > 7 years, whichever is longer
· You are experienced with more than one strongly-typed language and know what a pointer is
· You are familiar with relational and non-relational datastores and don’t recoil or hiss at either
· You have experience working with (or – top of the pile! – on) AWS services
We’d be impressed if
· You are deeply familiar with one or more virtualization technologies
· Networking is not some kind of mysterious black box labelled “MAGIC” that you assume just works
· You’ve built distributed systems and have a healthy level of operational respect for them
Amazon Web Services is looking for Software Development Engineers to develop new platforms for AWS Networking. You will join a team of engineers developing embedded routing platforms that enable one of the world's largest and complex networks. With Amazon Web Services (http://aws.amazon.com), our goal is to become The Infrastructure Platform to the world. Our customers demand the highest quality and reliability for their services. As we expand at a tremendous rate, we look for innovative ways to build, automate and scale our network, and are responsible for providing significantly improved performance, reliability, control, and visibility for Amazon's global network.
We are seeking engineers with a demonstrated track record of designing and implementing Linux-based solutions on embedded devices for networking products. We want people who are passionate about changing the way data center networking is done.
Why would you want to work on network devices for Amazon?
- We have some of the largest data center networks in the world and we don't stop growing.
- Because we own the network and the hosts, we can innovate in a way that others cannot.
- Very large impact: everything AWS does is built on networks using these devices.
- You like to get stuff done. We have a lot to do.
Amazon Lab126 is an inventive research and development company that designs and engineers high-profile consumer electronics. Lab126 began in 2004 as a subsidiary of Amazon.com, Inc., originally creating the best-selling Kindle family of products. Since then, we have produced groundbreaking devices like Fire tablets, Fire TV, and Amazon Echo. What will you help us create?
We are a smart team of doers that work passionately to apply cutting edge advances in robotics and software to solve real-world challenges that will transform our customers’ experiences in ways we can’t even imagine yet. As a Software Development Engineer - Robotics, you will be working with a unique and gifted team developing exciting products for consumers, and you will collaborate with cross-functional engineering teams, including Amazon Robotics.
As an SDE, you will be a technical leader developing algorithms involving real-world sensor data. The team is a multidisciplinary group of engineers and scientists engaged in a fast-paced mission to deliver the new products. The team faces a challenging task of balancing cost, schedule, and performance requirements. You should be comfortable collaborating in a fast-paced and often uncertain environment, and contributing to innovative solutions, while demonstrating leadership, technical competence, and meticulousness.
Key responsibilities include algorithm development and collaborating with cross functional engineering teams to bring the concepts into production. You will work with engineers to create prototype solutions, evaluate the systems for improvements, and build production solutions
Amazon Lab126 is an inventive research and development company that designs and engineers high-profile consumer electronics. Lab126 began in 2004 as a subsidiary of Amazon.com, Inc., originally creating the best-selling Kindle family of products. Since then, we have produced groundbreaking devices like Fire tablets, Fire TV and Amazon Echo. What will you help us create?
The Operations Program Manager will work with the leadership team within Device Product operations in creation, launching and optimization of operational efficiencies in NPI operations of Consumer Electronic devices. It is very important that the Device Operations Program Manager will engage and work across all functional organizations within operations and applicable areas across Lab 126 and Amazon. The Device Operations Program Manager will balance a mix of strategic, programmatic and operational responsibilities in support of Amazon Lab 126’s Product Operations Organization. The individual would have worked in supporting new products in an operations/manufacturing role pertaining to Consumer Electronics or similar and have proven persuasive and excellent communications skills. The individual is expected to work cross functionally and demonstrate diplomacy in building consensus among the cross functional team and leadership.
*Define and guide decisions on type of Variable Engagement Module (VEM), appropriate for the specific product, customer need and launch schedule
*Coordinate information flow across teams in support of manufacturing/operations.
*Drive alignment of processes and initiatives throughout product operations organization.
*Bring in and help incorporate industry best practices into product operations business.
*Travel as required to accomplish business needs
Amazon Lab126 is an inventive research and development company that designs and engineers high-profile consumer electronics. Lab126 began in 2004 as a subsidiary of Amazon.com, Inc., originally creating the best-selling Kindle family of products. Since then, Lab126 has produced groundbreaking devices like Fire tablets, Fire TV, Amazon Echo, and Dash Button. The Fire OS team is a big part of creating these innovative devices at Lab126. The Fire OS team is responsible for the board bring up, low level software, operating system, core framework feature development, and end-to-end system functions, such as power/performance, that bring the devices to life. For many devices, the Fire OS team takes the open source Android distribution and productizes the software on Amazon hardware.
Work hard. Have fun. Make history.
Want to watch a movie at the end of a long week, but not sure what to choose? Looking for a new show while you wait for the next season of Game of Thrones to start? So are millions of our Prime Video customers. The Prime Video Relevance team helps customers find relevant videos, channels and topics so they can find content they didn’t even known they were looking for, continuing to surprise them with the depth of our catalog.
We tailor our recommendations through a variety of machine learning algorithms including deep learning neural networks, that you will help define and extend. We are looking for creative, customer and details obsessed machine learning scientists who can apply the latest research, state of the art algorithms and machine learning to build highly scalable recommendation and personalization systems. You'll have a chance to collaborate with talented teams of engineers and scientists to run these predictions on distributed systems at incredible scale and speed.
As a member of the Prime Video Personalization organization, you will spend your time as a hands-on machine learning practitioner and a research leader. You will play a key role on the team, building and guiding machine learning models from the ground up. At then of the day, you will have the reward of seeing your contributions benefit millions of Amazon.com customers worldwide.
Some examples of the things we work on:
- Using Neural Networks and Deep Learning techniques to find titles that customers will enjoy
- Build and operate services that deliver millions of recommendations per second
- Extend models and algorithms to support our ever growing ways of consuming content (subscriptions, live, rentals etc), dealing with unique challenges such as observational bias and rapidly scaling dimensions
- Constantly experimenting with changes to the underlying algorithms and models to deliver relevant content to a wide variety of customer experiences
If you are ready to truly make an impact on a product that is used by millions of people around the world, including your own friends and family, then we would love to talk to you.
Amazon.com is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
The Amazon Devices team designs and engineers high-profile consumer electronics, including the best-selling Kindle family of products. We have also produced groundbreaking devices like Fire tablets, Fire TV, Amazon Dash Buttons, and Amazon Echo.
We are a smart team of doers that work passionately to apply cutting-edge advances in robotics and software to solve real-world challenges that will transform our customers’ experiences in ways we can’t even imagine yet. We are looking for an intrepid problem-solver to dive into an ambiguous problem space and design and deliver innovative software solutions, and to collaborate with cross-functional engineering teams, including Amazon Robotics, to put the concepts you develop into production.
As an SDE, you will have the opportunity to build cutting edge software around customer experience, cross device APIs or cloud services, frontend and backend technologies. You will be working with a unique and gifted team developing exciting products for consumers. The team is a multidisciplinary group of engineers and scientists engaged in a fast-paced mission to deliver the new products. You should be comfortable collaborating in a fast-paced and often uncertain environment, and contributing to innovative solutions, while demonstrating leadership, technical competence, and meticulousness.
If you join us, your opportunities will include:
• Invent a delightful experience for our customers that utilizes Android, Alexa technologies, cloud services, frontend and backend technologies.
• Define and implement novel customer experiences and product direction through collaboration with Product, UX teams and other engineering teams.
• Deliver high quality software through working in a dynamic, team-focused Agile/Scrum environment
At the intersection of AI and natural language understanding, voice-assistant technology is one of the most exciting industries to work in today. Part of its appeal lies in a relatively undefined scope: the nature of a nascent market dictates challenges and opportunity often lacking in more developed fields. Creating advanced personal assistants means understanding how to address the many ways a user can ask a single question, and appropriately inferring intent from metadata such as a customer's location.
At Alexa, we experience those challenges every day. Alexa is Amazon's cloud-based voice service, an intelligent assistant that powers groundbreaking devices such as Echo and FireTV. As well as influencing how customers interact with devices in their home, Alexa is shaping the way knowledge is consumed.
That's where you come in. We're looking for Knowledge Engineers to join us in sunny Santa Barbara and help us expand Alexa's knowledge base. As a Knowledge Engineer, you will be responsible for identifying opportunities to improve the product, obtaining and structuring data, and using that data to create delightful voice and multimedia experiences for Alexa customers. You'll be working towards the goal of making Alexa the smartest virtual assistant in the world.
In this role, you will:
- Identify new content opportunities within Alexa to fill gaps in her understanding
- Leverage vertical-specific expertise to innovate on behalf of Alexa, enriching the ways customers receive information
- Ingest structured data to expand Alexa’s ability to understand and answer questions
- Closely monitor specific KPIs and drive improvements in Alexa's answering capability
- Partner with software developers, product managers, and business leaders to enhance Alexa's key functions worldwide
- Develop and manage complex data pipelines
- Have the opportunity to drive new customer experiences, all the way from ideation to launch
Are you passionate about building great software, working with smart and motivated software engineers, and solving incredible technical challenges? Then this opportunity is for you! The AWS Database Services team is looking for Systems Development Engineers to work on our AWS Redshift development team
We're looking for true "Dev" and "Ops" people. Some of these people might have come from a traditional "Sys Admin" role, but have a solid understanding of Computer Science fundamentals and the ability to dive deep into code to find and fix issues, as well as building their own software systems that are more than just scripts. Other candidates could be Software Engineers who have a passion for not just building software, but seeing it all the way through the lifecycle into production, and then owning the day-to-day operations of a deployed system.
Regardless of your background, the ideal person will be passionate about building and running large scale services, will have experience with software engineering, Linux server administration, and excellent troubleshooting skills.
Amazon Web Services (AWS) provides companies of all sizes with an infrastructure web services platform in the cloud. With AWS, you can requisition compute power, storage, and other services – paying as you go for only the resources you need. Amazon Redshift is rapidly growing, fast and powerful, fully managed, petabyte-scale data warehouse service in the cloud. It enables customers to dramatically increase their query performance when analyzing virtually any size data set using the same SQL-based business intelligence tools they use today. Amazon Redshift manages all the work needed to set up, operate, and scale a data warehouse, from provisioning capacity and installing software to monitoring and backing up the cluster, to applying patches and upgrades. By automating these labor-intensive tasks, Amazon Redshift enables customers to spend their time focusing on their data and business insights, rather than on procuring and managing infrastructure.
Joining the Amazon Redshift team gives you the opportunity to:
- Solve challenging problems that will revolutionize database computing in the cloud
- Build a quality product that will leverage the scale of resources available in the cloud
- Work for a company that’s a recognized leader in the cloud computing space
- Be involved in the fast growing, big data space
We are looking for candidates with expertise and passion for building high quality, large scale distributed database systems in the cloud. In this role, you will have responsibility for:
- Designing, developing and executing large scale functional, stress and performance tests
- Execution and maintenance of existing test frameworks
- Developing and deploying new test frameworks and monitoring systems
- Reviewing new database technical requirements and assist in the development of a quality strategy for the new features
- Gaining deep understanding of the AWS products and drive their quality
- Working with other teams to deliver and operate large scale, distributed services in the cloud
- Drive quality initiatives and point out areas that require attention.
- Be able to define success criteria broadly and deeply within the system.