Here are our current job openings. Please view the details for more information, and apply from that page if you are interested.
Use the criteria below to search within our open positions. Make multiple selections by pressing the Ctrl key (or Command key if using a Mac) and clicking your choice.
Click column header to sort
A wave of innovation is bringing sweeping changes to networking technology. Virtualization, unimaginable scale, hardware commoditization, and automation are revolutionizing network software. At Amazon Web Services (AWS), we leverage big data technologies and deep network analytics software to run one of the largest networks in the world. We push the boundaries of robustness, fault-tolerance and smart adaptive algorithms that can react intelligently to real-world events. This is your time to make history by building large-scale distributed software systems. We develop software at every level of the stack from front-end user interfaces to low-level embedded software and everything in between. We are a highly motivated, collaborative, and a fun-loving team of software developers who thrive on solving challenging problems.
The Amazon network is composed of hundreds of thousands of heterogeneous network devices, all of which need to be managed in a consistent manner, abstract away platform-specific differences, and reduce complexity for our customers. The Network Data Model Services(NDMS) team has an exciting charter to provide an authoritative view of the lifecycle of devices and containers associated with the Amazon Network. The NDMS team is also responsible for search services across AWS network device, interface, links and container. We aim to be the primary location for network state and information storage and offer a set of services which work in tandem to provide this authoritative view.
The Amazon Devices team designs and engineers high-profile consumer electronics, including the best-selling Kindle family of products. We have also produced groundbreaking devices like Fire tablets, Fire TV, Amazon Dash Buttons, and Amazon Echo.
We are a smart team of doers that work passionately to apply cutting-edge advances in robotics and software to solve real-world challenges that will transform our customers’ experiences in ways we can’t even imagine yet. We are looking for an intrepid problem-solver to dive into an ambiguous problem space and design and deliver innovative software solutions, and to collaborate with cross-functional engineering teams, including Amazon Robotics, to put the concepts you develop into production.
As an SDE, you will have the opportunity to build cutting edge software around customer experience, cross device APIs or cloud services, frontend and backend technologies. You will be working with a unique and gifted team developing exciting products for consumers. The team is a multidisciplinary group of engineers and scientists engaged in a fast-paced mission to deliver the new products. You should be comfortable collaborating in a fast-paced and often uncertain environment, and contributing to innovative solutions, while demonstrating leadership, technical competence, and meticulousness.
If you join us, your opportunities will include:
• Invent a delightful experience for our customers that utilizes Android, Alexa technologies, cloud services, frontend and backend technologies.
• Define and implement novel customer experiences and product direction through collaboration with Product, UX teams and other engineering teams.
• Deliver high quality software through working in a dynamic, team-focused Agile/Scrum environment
Lab126 is an inventive research and development company that designs and engineers high-profile, portable, hand-held consumer electronics products, like the Kindle. The products we design and engineer are easy-to-use and offer users benefits that are only made possible through tightly integrated digital technologies and wireless connectivity.
As a member of the Commodity Management Team, you will engage with an experienced cross-disciplinary staff to conceive, design and develop innovative consumer products. You must be responsive, flexible and able to succeed within an open collaborative peer environment.
- Work closely with Engineering to influence technical design decisions to meet technical capabilities, and business objectives.
- Work closely with Engineering to define standard and custom product requirements.
- Develop a commodity technology roadmap aligning business requirements with supplier capabilities.
- Responsible for AVL (Approved Vendors List) for commodity, supplier selection and qualification.
- Ensure a competitive sourcing environment leading to continuous improvement in quality, cost, service and technology.
- Interface with cross functional teams to assess current and future sourcing requirements.
- Responsible for quarterly executive business reviews of strategic sourcing plan that defines, among other things, product roadmaps, supplier capabilities and annual / quarterly strategic business objectives.
- Manage overall supplier relationships including supplier performance, capability development , cost and quality improvements.
- Maintain personal knowledge of market trends including rigorous analysis of market drivers, cost structures and technical improvements.
- Periodic travel to supplier’s manufacturing sites.
- Support our OEM supplier initiatives including annual cost reductions, VMI/JIT, lead-time reductions, favorable payment terms, etc.
Amazon Lab126 is an inventive research and development company that designs and engineers high-profile consumer electronics. Lab126 began in 2004 as a subsidiary of Amazon.com, Inc., originally creating the best-selling Kindle family of products. Since then, we have produced groundbreaking devices like Fire tablets, Fire TV and Amazon Echo. What will you help us create?
The Operations group is looking for an individual who wants to work on a business that is growing at a rapid pace. We are a critical part of the hardware development process. We ensure successful fulfillment for product launches and ongoing support, grow the capabilities of our current systems to meet our needs, and drive continuous improvement for the company.
As a Senior Operations Program Manager, you will engage with an experienced cross-disciplinary staff to conceive, design and develop innovative consumer products. You must be responsive, flexible and able to succeed within an open collaborative peer environment. In this role, you will:
- Demonstrate ability to manage multiple complex projects - work prioritization, planning and task delegation
- Manage inventory health by ensuring efficient inventory flow globally. Involves determining and executing exit strategies for unproductive inventory, and analyzing inventory position
- Improve visibility of inventory systems by designing appropriate reporting and communicate our in-stock plan to partners in finance, supply chain and customer service
- Own & drive the technical roadmap for in stock management metrics
- Integrate strong and clear analysis and business rationale into sound decision making
- Work with cross functional IT teams to further automate key processes
- Ability to travel up to 25%
The Amazon Devices team designs and engineers high-profile consumer electronics, including the best-selling Kindle family of products. We have also produced groundbreaking devices like Fire Tablets, Fire TV, Amazon Dash, and Amazon Echo. What will you help us create?
We are looking for talented software engineers in test to join our team. This is an enormous opportunity to help build a testing infrastructure for some of the cutting edge products used every day by people you know. You will be able to build and improve software and tools by translating functional requirements into robust, scalable solutions that work well within the overall system architecture. This is an opportunity to build the automated test infrastructure of your dreams.
- Participate in the testing of large-scale systems, including driving processes to reduce test automation maintenance, as well as improve and simplify quality assurance processes.
- Build and maintain an automated test infrastructure for a multi-platform product that will be used to validate all aspects of the product operation.
- Evaluate product functionality and create test strategies and test cases to assess product quality.
- Work closely in a dynamic, team-focused Agile/Scrum environment with software engineers on technical issues related to the development of complex, large-scale systems.
- Provide advice and mentoring to more junior members of the team.
Join the team that brought you the Echo Show, a touch-screen enabled Alexa device that supports video calling, music, weather, and more! Our Echo Software team works on not only the Echo Show but other high-profile consumer electronics products including Fire TV, Kindle, and the Echo family of devices. We’re just getting started, and we’d love to have you join us to bring innovative experiences to millions of customers.
This position is focused on visual Android design, to imagine and build out our next generation UI for Echo Show and other Alexa-enabled devices. You will work with not only your local team of software developers, but also visual design and artist teams.
If you join us, your opportunities will include:
• Build novel, visually delightful Android-based experiences for our customers.
• Collaborate with UX and Product owners to define customer experience and product direction.
• Deliver high quality software through working in a dynamic, team-focused Agile/Scrum environment.
Amazon Lab126 is an inventive research and development company that designs and engineers high-profile consumer electronics. Lab126 began in 2004 as a subsidiary of Amazon.com, Inc., originally creating the best-selling Kindle family of products. Since then, we have produced groundbreaking devices like Fire tablets, Fire TV, and Amazon Echo. What will you help us create?
Work hard. Have fun. Make history.
We are looking for a passionate, hard-working and talented Senior Software Development Engineer for the Amazon Echo team who has experience building innovative, mission critical software features. You will have an enormous opportunity to make a large impact on the design, architecture, and development of consumer products. In this role, you will:
- Be responsible for the development and maintenance of key features for Amazon Echo
- Work with other team members to investigate design approaches, prototype new technology and evaluate technical feasibility
- Assist with Architecture and Design of new and current systems
- Work in an Agile/Scrum environment to deliver high quality software
The AWS CloudWatch Team is searching for a passionate and talented software development manager.
Join the AWS CloudWatch team in delivering the next generation of automation and insights solutions to AWS customers and Amazon service owners. The services and features you build will be used by AWS customers to detect anomalous behavior across their AWS infrastructure, gain insights from changes across their resources and applications. Reach out to learn more about joining this growing team.
We seek the right person to lead a team to create services and automation for the cloud monitoring mission. This is an opportunity to be directly involved in creating and defining a mission for a fast growing service and to design, develop and own systems that provide monitoring services for our most sensitive customers. Amazon’s business is growing at a faster pace every day. This new team will also make it possible for CloudWatch to accomplish its objectives by helping engineers be more productive and innovate faster.
Ideal candidates are passionate about building monitoring services at a very large scale. They must be willing to think big and tackle large problems with big payoff. They must have an established background in delivering high-quality customer-facing solutions, strong technical skills, excellent project management skills, great communication skills, and a motivation to achieve results in a fast paced environment. Our ideal candidate is a self-directed leader with proven software development experience. Responsibilities include building and operating CloudWatch services, growing our team of engineers, strategic planning, product definition, customer communication, project management for software within the team, and management of resources across teams.
Work hard, have fun, and make history at Amazon Web Services!
"The combination of some data and an aching desire for an answer does not ensure that a reasonable answer can be extracted from a given body of data." - Tukey
"An approximate answer to the right problem is worth a good deal more than an exact answer to an approximate problem." - Tukey
AWS CloudWatch sits at the center of the world's compute data. Billions of time series samples, petabytes of unstructured log data, all of it flowing through our systems in real time. This is a treasure trove of data and need you to help our customers navigate Tukey's maxims. To that end we're looking for engineers to help us lend meaning to vast amounts of time series data - both numerical and unstructured data - and delight our customers by finding the reasonable answers to the right problems.
If you enjoyed your studies of time series analysis, stochastic processes, online estimation, and terms like "Latent Dirchlet allocation," "Bayesian programming," "Kolmogorov-Zurbenko filters," "Karhunen-Loeve expansions," and "Laplacian eigenmaps" excite you, then we've got a good home for you here.
You'll have a ground floor opportunity to highlight the signal in the noise and improve the lives of all AWS customers. You'll join a team of veteran service engineers who are focused on highly stable, low operational burden, continuously deployed software and help lead a new quantitative effort. It'll be an opportunity to not just change how the world understands their compute resources, but the opportunity to build world class distributed system software engineering skills as well.
- Establish best practices for numerical model development engineering life cycle
- Create automated acceptance and quality criteria for numerical models
- Adapt existing and invent new techniques for numerical time series analysis
- Implement models in a highly available distributed web service
- Work closely with service engineers, product managers, and customers
- Interview and mentor other Applied Scientists and software development engineers
- File for patents, publish research work, and give internal and external presentations about a wide range of technical problems in your area of specialty
Seeking a Finance Manager to support the Amazon Devices business. This is an exciting opportunity to join one of the most innovative businesses at Amazon in a role that supports all functions on the devices team. (PM, MKTG, Engineering, Biz Dev, etc.) You will be joining a fast-paced, results-oriented environment, where finance has the ability to influence the decisions of senior business leaders through effective verbal and written communication, logical reasoning, and the presentation of alternatives/scenarios.
A successful candidate will be strategic, analytical, and have an ability to effectively manage the financial responsibilities of a new and growing business. This candidate will have strong business judgment, willingness to have backbone, and a proven ability to take effective, independent action to improve the business’ overall performance.
This role will include working closely with senior leadership to provide strategic guidance and decision support in this rapidly evolving space. The job will have an emphasis on forecasting, analyzing current performance and conducting prospective economic analysis of marketing programs, business initiatives and services.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Leading ad hoc financial analyses and new business development
- Coordinate and support the month end close process
- Leading and participating as the key finance stakeholder in cross functional teams
- Managing the reporting on weekly financial and operational performance metrics
- Long and short term financial planning
- Coordinating across teams to measure and enhance lifetime customer value