Here are our current job openings. Please view the details for more information, and apply from that page if you are interested.
Use the criteria below to search within our open positions. Make multiple selections by pressing the Ctrl key (or Command key if using a Mac) and clicking your choice.
Click column header to sort
Amazon Lab126 is an inventive research and development company that designs and engineers high-profile consumer electronics. Lab126 began in 2004 as a subsidiary of Amazon.com, Inc., originally creating the best-selling Kindle family of products. Since then, we have produced groundbreaking devices like Fire tablets, Fire TV and Amazon Echo. What will you help us create?
As an Sr. RF Systems Engineer, you will engage with an experienced cross-disciplinary staff to conceive and design innovative consumer products. You will work closely with an internal inter-disciplinary team, and outside partners to drive key aspects of product definition, execution and test. You must be responsive, flexible and able to succeed within an open collaborative peer environment.
As part of the RF Systems Integration team, you will be responsible for wireless design and integration at Lab126. This includes the development and optimization of various wireless technologies including 802.11 (WiFi), Bluetooth and other IoT technologies.
In this role you will:
- Work within a project team and take responsibility for the WiFi, BT implementation
- Meet with vendors and technology suppliers to select components
- Simulate, implement, validate and optimize RF circuits (including schematic capture and PCB layout)
- Characterize and debug desense and EMI issues to meet requirements
- Perform multi-radio coexistence mitigation (including RF link budget planning and issue debugging)
- Perform simulations for RF design and desense mitigation (3D EM and circuit level simulations)
- Take the product through development, compliance testing, operator testing, ramp up and sustaining
- Support radiated manufacturing test and defects in the factory
- Work with software, mechanical engineering, baseband and compliance teams
Amazon Web Services is looking for Software Development Engineers to develop new platforms for AWS Networking. You will join a team of engineers developing embedded routing platforms that enable one of the world's largest and complex networks. With Amazon Web Services (http://aws.amazon.com), our goal is to become The Infrastructure Platform to the world. Our customers demand the highest quality and reliability for their services. As we expand at a tremendous rate, we look for innovative ways to build, automate and scale our network, and are responsible for providing significantly improved performance, reliability, control, and visibility for Amazon's global network.
We are seeking engineers with a demonstrated track record of designing and implementing Linux-based solutions on embedded devices for networking products. We want people who are passionate about changing the way data center networking is done.
Why would you want to work on network devices for Amazon?
· We have some of the largest data center networks in the world and we don't stop growing.
· Because we own the network and the hosts, we can innovate in a way that others cannot.
· Very large impact: everything AWS does is built on networks using these devices.
· You like to get stuff done. We have a lot to do.
The Amazon Devices team designs and engineers high-profile consumer electronics such as the Alexa devices. We have also produced groundbreaking devices like Fire tablets, Fire TV, and Amazon E-Readers.
What will you help us create?
Do you have a passion for consumer electronics? Do you want to enhance the quality of software for the latest Alexa devices, tablets, e-readers, and the back-end infrastructure that supports them? If so, the Device Software & Services (DS2) Demo team needs you! We are working on best-in-class demo retail demo experiences for the broad family of Amazon devices. We work on interesting projects, strive for a great work-life balance and have fun working on the latest devices before they hit the stores!
If you are a talented, detail-oriented, and enthusiastic Quality Assurance Engineer who is passionate about quality and delivering the best customer service, then we want to hear from you!
- Development of test strategies and creation of appropriate test harnesses.
- Work with a team of quality engineering professions to ensure the highest quality product delivery.
- Work with developers to identify the root cause and resolve issues.
- Use professional software engineering practices & best practices, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations.
- Communicate with internal/external teams and management on requirements and status updates.
- Work in test driven development and establish test infrastructures
- Automate the validation of user interfaces.
- Interact and coordinate test activities among multiple teams
- Excellent communication, collaboration, reporting, analytical and problem solving skills.
The Amazon Devices team designs and engineers high-profile consumer electronics, including the best-selling Kindle family of products. We have also produced groundbreaking devices like Fire tablets, Fire TV, Amazon Dash, and Amazon Echo. What will you help us create?
Along with leading in web services and e-commerce, Amazon.com is an inventive research and development company that designs and engineers high-profile consumer electronics including our best-selling e-readers and tablets, and Fire TV.
Fire TV client software and services technologies are enjoyed by millions of customers the world over. You will drive key engineering and business decisions that impact Amazon’s long-term vision, which includes rapid expansion into new geographies and innovation in the delivery and consumption of media and entertainment. We leverage cutting edge technology in client-app frameworks, big data, machine learning, optimization techniques and high availability services. Here on the Fire TV team, we are dedicated to creating the most engaging entertainment platform for the whole family, worldwide. What will you help us create?
• Develop software for product initiatives.
• Investigate, prototype, and deliver new and innovative software applications.
• Deliver high quality software through working in a dynamic, team-focused Agile/Scrum environment.
We are looking for passionate, hard-working, and talented software engineers who have experience building innovative, mission critical, high volume applications that customers love. You will have an enormous opportunity to make a large impact on the design, architecture, and implementation of cutting edge products used every day, by people you know. This is a high visibility team where you will get a chance to make a positive impact on customer experience.
The AWS Corporate Systems organization is looking for an experienced Systems Development Engineer with a strong Windows-focused infrastructure and development background. We are using AWS products to evolve traditional enterprise tools and services at a large scale – if you are passionate about AWS and have experience automating large-scale Windows infrastructure deployments, keep reading.
You and your team will work with internal Amazon service owners and AWS product teams to develop new services and solutions that give enterprise IT customers more choice and self-service platforms that we offer our global workforce. You will influence AWS product roadmaps and build new solutions as needed to raise the bar for security, automation, and operational excellence for Amazon’s corporate infrastructure.
In this role, you will build the tools and services that move our Windows-based systems in to the infrastructure-as-code age, enable self-healing for our systems, and provide capabilities that enable other Amazon service owners to do the same. You will use AWS products and DevOps patterns to build the next generation of Windows-based management tools.
We are looking for a motivated builder to inspire our teams and deliver results to our customers. This is a hands-on position where your daily activities will range from strategic planning to new system development to supporting the customers that depend on your services. You will deliver consistent, well-defined results in an agile systems development workflow. To succeed in this role, you will deliver on-time results that delight your customers while inspiring your team to think big about their work. If this sounds like a fit, we would love to speak with you.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Lead automation efforts for a team advancing a service ownership culture with a primary focus on the Windows Server platform
- Embrace the AWS ecosystem and drive innovation on top of it
- Instill a culture that drives DevOps, hold a high quality bar with code reviews, drive automation efforts to empower, and remove barriers for your team
- Translation of complex functional and technical requirements into detailed architecture and design
- Hands-on leadership for your team; working with others on the engineering team to guide the day-to-day development activities, leading architecture decisions, participating in designs, design reviews, and implementation.
- Build services that can scale across six continents for hundreds of thousands of Amazonians worldwide
- Deliver quality features on-time and on-budget and execution against project plans and delivery commitments.
- Maintain current technical knowledge of rapidly changing technology, always on the lookout for new technologies, and work with management and development teams to evolve current processes.
In joining our team, you'll enjoy a competitive salary, great benefits, a creative and comfortable work environment, and the exciting opportunity to be part of a fast-paced and growing technology company.
Amazon Kinesis Firehose is a new fully managed service to load streaming data into AWS. It can capture and automatically load streaming data into Amazon S3 and Amazon Redshift, enabling near real-time analytics with existing business intelligence tools and dashboards you’re already using today. It is a fully managed service that automatically scales to match the throughput of your data and requires no ongoing administration. It can also batch, compress, and encrypt the data before loading it, minimizing the amount of storage used at the destination and increasing security.
We are hiring engineering leaders for the Kinesis Firehose Team. The team owns all aspects of the Firehose service, including requirements, architecture, design & development, quality assurance, deployment and operations. As a leader in this team, you will learn the ins and outs of building a highly available, scalable, distributed and secure system that uses all the modern cloud computing paradigms, techniques and tools.
We are looking for an innovative engineering leader to build and grow a team that will deliver and operate a customer-facing service for streaming data on AWS. We will obsess over customers, working backwards from their needs to create a compelling new market offering. The ideal candidate will be passionate about the potential of streaming data and opportunity to build simple and customer-centric services. This leader has thrived and succeeded in delivering high quality technology products/services in a hyper-growth environment where priorities shift quickly. The leader can prioritize well, communicate clearly and compellingly and who understands how to drive a high level of focus and excellence with a strong team. Finally, the software development manager has deep experience and passion to hire and develop great people, is able to dive deep and is never out of touch with the details of the technology, and has a strong results orientation. A high level of ownership and accountability is a must.
Why would you want to work for the Amazon Kinesis team?
· Impact: streaming data processing is the next wave of `Big Data Analytics’ and is one of the hottest areas of computer science. You will work on core technology that will be used by some of the most innovative companies in this space.
· Technology: Amazon Kinesis Firehose leverages cutting edge computer science and world-class engineering and is built on top of Amazon’s revolutionary cloud platform. You will have the opportunity to get involved with and contribute at one of the frontiers of computer science.
· Wear many hats: You will have deep ownership of many different aspects of the service, such as product direction, technical design and implementation, and operations.
· Learning: Work alongside some of Amazon’s most senior engineers and learn how to build and maintain a massively scalable and reliable service.
We are looking for a leader to help grow Amazon Key’s business. In this role, you will be partners to various executive, marketing, sales, product management, engineering, finance, logistics, customer support, and others to grow Amazon Key business. Your work will be instrumental to achieving its mission, be highly visible to Amazon leadership, and will drive key strategic company goals.
You will be a visionary leader for what Amazon Key growth should be. Determine how we most effectively grow awareness, purchases, and engagement. In addition to building a growth strategy, you will be executing them and measuring the outcome by partnering across multiple teams and organizations.
· Build both short and long term growth strategy (e.g. channel mix, pricing, promotion, budget) for Amazon Key team and execute on them.
· Partner with finance to build the forecast and budget
· Partner with marketing to drive awareness, traffic, and conversion
· Partner with sales to drive both online and offline sales for Amazon Key
· Be intentional in defining and executing on the team’s priorities and success metrics
· Be data driven with an ability to collaborate across multiple teams and organizations
· Partner with product to build and influence new features to improve customer experience and engagement
· Manage team and help them highly engaged and deliver high quality impact
· Manage multiple projects and proactively communicates issues, priorities, and objectives
· Work with people at all levels
Amazon Lab126 is an inventive research and development company that designs and engineers high-profile consumer electronics. Lab126 began in 2004 as a subsidiary of Amazon.com, Inc., originally creating the best-selling Kindle family of products. Since then, we have produced groundbreaking devices like Fire tablets, Fire TV, and Amazon Echo. What will you help us create?
Work hard. Have fun. Make history.
Amazon Alexa is the voice-controlled personal assistant behind Amazon Echo. We are hiring software engineers for Alexa location platform who share our passion for building innovative location features on all Alexa enabled devices and not just Echo. Interested? Come join our team!
As a member of the team you will be responsible for leading the development and launch of core product features. You will have significant influence on our overall strategy by helping define these product features, drive the system architecture, and spearhead the best practices that enable a quality product. Location is cross cutting and you will get significant opportunities to work on cross-team projects.
The ideal candidate is clearly passionate about new opportunities and has a demonstrable track record of success in delivering new features and products. A commitment to team work, hustle, and strong communication skills (to both business and technical partners) are absolute requirements. Creating reliable, scalable, and high performance products requires exceptional technical expertise, a sound understanding of the fundamentals of Computer Science, and practical experience building scalable software products. This person thrives in delivering high quality technology solutions in a hyper-growth environment where priorities shift fast.
Come and be part of the Amazon SageMaker team! We are a cloud AWS service that helps customers run machine learning algorithms on various Big Data systems in a scalable and cost-effective manner. With Machine Learning, businesses now ask our machines to do more than repetitive, strictly-defined tasks. We are taking it one step further and have begun to ask them to not only learn on their own but to also interpret data and report to the customer before they even knew they needed it. It's a step in history for you to be a part of. You will be building a platform that incorporates best practices and runs advanced algorithms at production scale and reliability.
In this role, you will design, implement, test, and own a SOA-based platform using object-oriented, distributed programming, Java, C/C++, other AWS services, and more in a Linux environment. You will work in a fast-paced environment and do everything from determining priorities and designing features, to re-architecture as necessary, to automated testing, to mentoring others. The best candidates show true end-to-end ownership.
Amazon is looking for a Embedded Software Engineer to join an exciting new project team working to build a completely new best in class consumer product. We are an innovative, cross-platform, customer-obsessed team, working on big-bets in an innovative environment. Our organization rewards intellectual curiosity while maintaining the direct to market product focus. Our mission is to invent and simplify large-scale solutions and bring the future to Amazon customers
We are looking for a talented and passionate Embedded Firmware Engineer to be part of an exciting team. You will have an enormous opportunity to make a large impact on the design, architecture, and implementation of cutting edge products used every day, by people you know. This is an early stage initiative with a fast paced, highly collaborative start up like environment inside Amazon. To be successful you need to be flexible and entrepreneurial. You are a true owner - you are passionate about the business and drive relentlessly to optimize and improve our business processes, remove bottlenecks and friction, and allow the business to move at a fast pace. You collaborate with UX designers, product managers, technical program managers, and partner teams. You are comfortable with a degree of ambiguity and willing to develop quick proof of concepts, iterate and improve. You create extendable design and easy to maintain solutions with the long term vision in mind.
In this role, you will:
- Be responsible for development of new features for embedded systems
- Investigate, prototype and deliver new and innovative system solutions
- Design, develop and verify firmware for embedded systems
- Participate in design reviews, API development, and documentation
- Work with new technologies that are vital to product development
- Deliver investigation plans and reports, architectural documents, design specs, software and firmware source code, build scripts
- Perform tasks including debug, bring-up, Beta and production software development
- Successfully collaborate with both software and hardware product teams