Here are our current job openings. Please view the details for more information, and apply from that page if you are interested.
Use the criteria below to search within our open positions. Make multiple selections by pressing the Ctrl key (or Command key if using a Mac) and clicking your choice.
Click column header to sort
Amazon Web Services (AWS) AI Team is looking for a Web Development Engineer to build world-class user interfaces for our customers. If you’re an application engineer, and you have the skills to create highly interactive and well-designed web interfaces, then AWS is looking for you. You will work on architecting, designing and implementing high performant console applications for our customers to interact with AWS services.
Amazon Web Services (AWS) provides companies of all sizes with an infrastructure web services platform in the cloud. With AWS you can requisition compute power, storage, and other services, gaining access to a suite of elastic IT infrastructure services as your business demands them. AWS is the leading platform for designing and developing applications for the cloud, has over 400,000 third party developers writing applications for the platform and is currently used by leading companies like New York Times, Netflix and NASA/JPL. See details at http://aws.amazon.com. This is a unique and rare opportunity to get in on the ground floor within a fast growing business and help shape the technology, product and the business.
Who you are:
- Highly-motivated and thrive in an environment where problems are open-ended.
- Enjoy engaging in passionate discussions with smart people and letting the best ideas rise to the top.
- Have build applications using Java based stacks such as Spring MVC, Play, GWT, etc.
- Strong understanding of CS fundamentals, Object Oriented Design and Data Structures.
- Have experience in basic cross browser support, caching and optimization techniques (css sprite, minify, gzip, data uri) for faster page load times.
- Have experience in developing consumer facing web applications using Ajax.
- Genuinely excited about technology, have a strong interest in learning and playing with the latest technologies.
Are you looking to create value for millions of customers by leading transformative innovation that can grow into significant businesses? Do you want to work at a company where you are the owner, where you are encouraged to build, and where you have the autonomy to push boundaries? Do you have a passion for technology and a desire to bring delightful, cutting-edge products to life?
The Amazon Devices group delivers delightfully unique Amazon experiences, giving customers instant access to everything, digital or physical. As a Senior Product Manager in Amazon's Emerging Products group, you will help create and drive the product strategy, vision, and roadmap of future products, with a high degree of ownership over critical features and the customer experience. This role is inherently cross-functional - you will work closely with engineering, design, operations, finance, and executive teams to envision, develop, and launch innovative products.
A successful candidate will be both creative and highly analytical, able to work extremely effectively in a matrix organization, and adept at synthesizing a variety of technologies and capabilities into products and applications that customers love. We are looking for someone customer obsessed and technology savvy – with a proven track record of creating successful consumer products and services.
Amazon’s growth requires leaders who are owners, and who possess the entrepreneurial spirit needed to create new products. Amazon leaders solve complex, cutting-edge problems and get things done. As a Sr. Product Manager you will assume end-to-end product ownership over one of our technical products. Our products are experience-driven and often combine devices, software and services into an integrated whole.
Join us. Have fun. Make history.
- Manage the entire product line life cycle from inception to launch.
- Understand and articulate customer needs, conduct on-going customer research, leverage internal knowledge and expertise, and prioritize market requirements.
- Be a passionate advocate for the customer; provide the voice of the customer.
- Inspire the team with the product vision, and work cross-functionally to bring the product to life.
- Write MRDs, PRDs, and/or BRDs, and define use cases, features, and KPIs.
- Create the business case. Determine the product cost and go to market strategy.
- Serve as the product expert assisting marketing with press briefing, industry talks, and whitepapers.
Alexa is Amazon’s groundbreaking virtual assistant designed for voice interactions. We believe voice is the most natural interface for interacting with technology across many domains. We are looking for a Data Engineer to join our Analytics team located in beautiful Santa Barbara, CA.
As a Data Engineer, you will build data pipelines, tools, and reports that enable analysts, knowledge engineers, software engineers, product managers, and executives improve Alexa’s answering capabilities across multiple information verticals: Sports, Business, History, Science, etc. In this highly visible role, you will work across teams to gather requirements for data logging, storing, transforming, and reporting, and will build scalable solutions under fast-paced environment.
You love building tools and data pipelines, can create clear and effective reports and data visualizations, and can partner with stakeholders to answer key business questions. You will also have the opportunity to display your skills in the following areas:
- Design, implement, and automate deployment of our distributed system for collecting and processing log events from multiple sources
- Design data schema and operate internal data warehouses and SQL/NoSQL database systems
- Write Extract-Transform-Load (ETL) jobs and Spark/Hadoop jobs to calculate business metrics
- Own the design, development, and maintenance of ongoing metrics, reports, analyses, dashboards, etc. to drive key business decisions
- Monitor and troubleshoot operational or data issues in the data pipelines
- Drive architectural plans and implementation for future data storage, reporting, and analytic solutions
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
Alexa is Amazon's cloud-based voice service for building engaging and intelligent voice experiences for services and devices, like the groundbreaking Amazon Echo and Amazon Fire TV. Our mission is to push the envelope in Machine Learning (ML), Natural Language Understanding (NLU), and Audio Signal Processing, in order to provide the best-possible experience for our customers.
As a Research Manager for the Alexa team you will be responsible for leading a team of scientists in the field of Machine Learning (ML) and/or natural language understanding (NLU).
The responsibilities include the strategic aspects of setting long term research directions as well as the tactical aspects of addressing customer pain points, setting priorities, and driving the design, development, and deployment of MLand/or NLU technology. A successful candidate will have an established background in developing customer-facing experiences, a strong technical ability, excellent project management skills, great communication skills, and a motivation to achieve results in a fast paced environment. You will hire and develop your team, build customer-facing experiences, and manage your own projects.
As a member of the technical team you will be responsible for...
- Owning the strategic planning and project management for long term research projects that create value for our customers.
- Analyzing customer data and addressing customer pain points.
- Conducting and coordinating research leading to improved accuracy of Alexa's NLU capabilities.
- Communicating effectively with senior management as well as with colleagues from research teams, software engineering teams, and other technical and business teams.
- Managing the day-to-day activities of the research team.
- Hiring and developing researchers.
- Staying up-to-date with trends, papers, and academia.
The AWS Demand Planning team is responsible for growing the world's largest Cloud. We forecast customer demand, build inventory replenishment system, and drive utilization improvement for all AWS services.
What we own:
- Building a world-class forecasting platform that scales to handling billions of time series data in real time.
- Expanding inventory replenishment models and systems for each AWS service in the fast-growing AWS product portfolio.
- Finding out the optimal tradeoff between AWS service availability and fleet utilization.
- Driving fleet utilization improvement where each 1% means millions of additional free cash flow.
- Automating tactical and strategic capacity planning tools to optimize for service availability and infrastructure cost.
What you will learn:
- Inventory management and supply chain management for the Cloud.
- Resource management and admission control for the Cloud.
- The internals of all AWS services.
- How to build large scale distributed systems for both internal and external AWS customers.
Forecasting, Statistics, Machine Learning, Optimization, Inventory Management, Supply Chain Management, AWS, Cloud, Cloud Computing, EC2, S3, EBS, DynamoDB, CloudFront, Java, C++, object oriented, Java, distributed systems, high availability, scalability, concurrent
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
Have you ever wondered what it takes to build intelligence into enterprise systems so that we can enable near human-like conversations with our systems? Come join Amazon Lex and find out how we are working on state-of-the-art conversational approaches to make an impact: https://youtu.be/BUewiOZTNzM
Why Amazon Lex?
Amazon Lex is a platform for building conversational interfaces into any application using voice and text. Amazon Lex provides the advanced deep learning functionalities of automatic speech recognition (ASR) for converting speech to text, and natural language understanding (NLU) to recognize the intent of the text, to enable you to build applications with highly engaging user experiences and lifelike conversational interactions. With Amazon Lex, the same deep learning technologies that power Amazon Alexa are now available to any developer, enabling you to quickly and easily build sophisticated, natural language, conversational bots (“chatbots”).
What is special about the team?
Come be a part of a well-balanced team with diverse experience that is making strides in evolving the conversational platform for Amazon Web Services (AWS). The team, a tight-knit group, operates in a fast-paced and fun environment where accuracy, timeliness, quality and security form the operative cornerstones. As owners of the entire lifecycle, team members participate in a shared customer resolution program to delight customers. Additionally, the team has collaborative leaders in various roles - product development, natural language science and engineering management who form the critical support structure for delivering innovative features.
What will I work on?
Come work on new features as well as green-field projects where you can make a significant positive impact on a community of international customers. As a Software Development Engineer, you should have a passion for delivery, drive for excellence and penchant for quality. You will practice development practices such as load testing and continuous deployment while solving technical challenges in system design, distributed computing, algorithms and back-end services.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
Are you interested in shaping the future of movies, television, and digital video? Do you want to define the next generation of how and what Amazon customers are watching globally? We are a growing team with an ambitious charter and need your passion, innovative ideas, and creativity to help take this service to new heights.
As a Principal Product Manager for Video Central, you will be responsible for defining and building products that empower Amazon Video providers worldwide, ranging from independent filmmakers to large studios such as Walt Disney Studios and Warner Bros. You will work cross-functionally with engineering, project management, design, operations, finance, legal, business development, customer service, content acquisition, operations, and executive teams to bring products to market, develop and grow business opportunities, and enhance our customer experience for video providers around the world.
A successful candidate will be able to articulate and drive a strategic vision, work cross-functionally across key stakeholders, and partner with dedicated engineering teams to deliver scalable solutions that grow selection for Amazon Video customers. He or she will have a consistent track record in taking on end-to-end ownership and successfully delivering results in a fast-paced and dynamic business environment. This leader must have strong written and verbal communications skills, as well as an entrepreneurial spirit, the ability to influence others, passion for digital video, and strong cross-functional leadership.
Sr Software Development Manager – Prime Video
Are you interested in shaping the future of movies, television, and digital video? Do you want to define the next generation of how and what Amazon customers are watching? We have recently launched Video Central, a new platform that enables content providers worldwide, from independent filmmakers to the largest studios, self-service tooling and automation to easily manage and make their content available to Amazon customers globally, including millions of Prime members. Video Central provides the key foundation for Prime Videos to truly scale content acquisition and ingestion globally. We are growing quickly and need your passion, innovative ideas, and creativity to help continue to deliver on our ambitious goals.
Content partners on Amazon Video vary from independent filmmakers to global major motion picture and TV studios who manage their deliveries, metadata, assets, and business performance with Video Central. The systems, applications, and APIs that support content providers operate at a large scale, must be highly available and work on increasingly diverse systems securely.
We are looking for a creative, technical and hands-on manager to take the Video Central platform and systems we are building to the next level. This is a strategic role in an organization that is critical for the Prime Video global strategy. You will lead the engineering efforts that are pioneering new ways to work with major studios globally on delivering assets and metadata, driving customer engagement, and managing their day-to-day business with Prime Video. You will be able to balance technical leadership with strong business judgement to make the right decisions about technology choices to innovate rapidly. Our team is known for delivering quality at speed and enjoy making an impact measured in days rather than years.
Along with developing and managing a team of technical managers, you will work across teams to influence other areas of the Prime Video ecosystem, lead engineering work that can be leveraged across broader Amazon teams, and will partner with other technical leaders efforts to solve many difficult problems across multiple teams. You'll work also directly with senior business leaders to set and achieve aggressive goals.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer - Minority/Female/Disability/Vet.
Interested in Machine Learning, and empowering the world to do more and better machine Learning? With Amazon SageMaker, Amazon Web Service's (AWS) Machine Learning platform team is building customer-facing services to catalyze data scientists and software engineers in their machine learning endeavors. This product is a blend of HTTP API's, low and high-level SDK's, and an AWS Console UI.
You will design, implement, test, document, and support cross-cutting services to help customers do machine learning at scale. You'll assist in gathering and analyzing business and functional requirements, and translate requirements into technical specifications for robust, scalable, supportable solutions that work well within the overall system architecture. You will serve as a key technical resource in the full development cycle, from conception to delivery and maintenance. You will produce comprehensive, usable software documentation; recommend changes in development, maintenance and system standards. You will own delivery of entire piece of the system and serve as technical lead on complex projects using best practice engineering standards, and hire/mentor junior development engineers.
We're moving fast, and this is a great team to come to have a huge impact on AWS and the world's customers we serve!
“Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world; indeed, it's the only thing that ever has.” - Margaret Mead.
We are building a small team of passionate people focused on changing the world for the better. We are starting from scratch, we are going to be scrappy, and we are going to focus on taking care of people. We are going to apply the same principles that made Amazon great especially Customer Obsession and Think Big, into a new vertical. We are looking for smart, passionate people who have a strong sense of ownership and strong engineering mindset. If you want your work to positively impact the lives of millions of people and you’re up for a challenge, let’s talk.
In this position, we are looking for an individual with android development expertise. We are looking for someone who understands the current device and mobile network limitations and features, device system constraints, and other mobile development curve balls. We need someone who is motivated to tackle ambiguous situations within the team using new technologies to rapidly produce prototypes. You will help outline paths from prototype to product. You will need to be engaged with colleagues to drive the best designs and implementation, improving the team’s technical knowledge and best engineering practices on the team. You have an eye towards quality, and insist on the highest standards.
· Be heavily involved with design and product teams to understand needs, propose features, create early prototypes and transform them into exciting experiences.
· Write clean, maintainable code and perform peer code-reviews.
· Deep-dive into client or server systems to optimize for performance, maintainability, scalability, extensibility as needed.
· Propose innovative tools, frameworks, automations and processes that are used by the entire mobile team for development.
· As a team member promote engineering excellence