Here are our current job openings. Please view the details for more information, and apply from that page if you are interested.
Use the criteria below to search within our open positions. Make multiple selections by pressing the Ctrl key (or Command key if using a Mac) and clicking your choice.
Click column header to sort
Amazon Lab126 is an inventive research and development company that designs and engineers high-profile consumer electronics. Lab126 began in 2004 as a subsidiary of Amazon.com, Inc., originally creating the best-selling Kindle family of products. Since then, we have produced groundbreaking devices like Fire tablets, Fire TV and Amazon Echo. What will you help us create?
The Hardware Validation Engineer will be a member of the hardware validation team with responsibilities for the test and validation of the analog, digital, and embedded sub-systems for products. This will require close cooperation with the design and factory teams. You will work at the integrated circuit and product systems level. In this role, you will:
- Research into test/validation technologies/methodologies
- Work with design teams to develop validation plans
- Develop automation frameworks and test tools
- Write scripts to automate tests
- Develop firmware/scripts/applications to test the hardware
- Provide functional verification of electrical subsystems
- Debug/tune of custom hardware
- Work with design team to debug issues
- Report validation status
- Travel overseas to China to support factory builds (estimated 20%)
Alexa is the Amazon cloud service that powers Echo, the groundbreaking Amazon device designed around your voice. We believe voice is the most natural user interface for interacting with technology across many domains; we are inventing the future.
Alexa Information group is responsible for answering all information-related questions for customers as well as building delightful customer experiences around them. We cover a wide variety of verticals such as weather, sports, traffic, local search, etc. and are continually growing into new verticals as well as starting new initiatives within existing ones.
Work hard. Have fun. Make history.
We are looking for a passionate engineer to join our team and drive the development of web applications that power consumer electronic devices. Your job will be to work with a team of engineers (hardware and software) and other team members (PM, Product, Marketing) to design and develop new ways of providing exciting and compelling experiences. You'll measure your success by the quality of your execution, the pace of innovation you help drive, and the increased satisfaction you deliver. If you’re ready to make a difference, if you want huge challenges to tackle, we would love to talk to you.You will have an enormous opportunity to make a large impact on the design and architecture of cutting edge products used every day, by people you know.
- Will work in an Agile/Scrum environment to deliver high quality software against aggressive schedules
- Will establish design principles, select design patterns and mentor junior team members
- Will help to define and push for the best possible end-user experience
In addition the role includes:
- Solving complex technical challenges
- 'Continuous Deployment’ of consumer facing products used by millions of customers daily
- Designing solutions for a wide range of Web and Mobile devices
The Alexa Information Team leads the development of knowledge verticals, playing a key role in the development of Alexa, Amazon’s cloud-based voice service that delights customers on products such as Echo and Fire TV. The Alexa Info Team combines natural language understanding, large volumes of structured knowledge, and machine reasoning to answer our customers’ questions in the most natural way possible.
We are looking for a Knowledge Engineer (KE) with deep passion, knowledge and understanding of Sports. If you get excited about play-off tie-breaker scenarios, can remember the last three NBA Finals MVPs, or know the difference between the NFL and college football overtime rules, this role is for you.
The Knowledge Engineer will be responsible for:
- Identifying and filling knowledge gaps for Sports-related questions on Alexa
- Expanding and maintaining Alexa’s ability to understand and answer Sports-related questions
- Developing content for Alexa based on real-time updates in the world of Sports
- Partnering with developers, product managers, machine learning scientists, and business leaders to identify opportunities to enhance the Alexa platform
In addition, the KE will carry out daily tasks as outlined below:
1) Data collection: The KE will manage knowledge repositories which contain up-to-the-minute sports data, identifying the best sources of real-time information and feeding it into the repository.
2) Data verification: The KE will verify the accuracy and suitability of our Sports information.
3) Data correction: The KE will audit our information to identify incorrect, badly worded or otherwise unsuitable piece of information, and edit the data to make it suitable.
Interested in Machine Learning, and empowering the world to do more and better machine Learning? With Amazon SageMaker, Amazon Web Service's (AWS) Machine Learning platform team is building customer-facing services to catalyze data scientists and software engineers in their machine learning endeavors. This product is a blend of HTTP API's, low and high-level SDK's, and an AWS Console UI.
You will design, implement, test, document, and support cross-cutting services to help customers do machine learning at scale. You'll assist in gathering and analyzing business and functional requirements, and translate requirements into technical specifications for robust, scalable, supportable solutions that work well within the overall system architecture. You will serve as a key technical resource in the full development cycle, from conception to delivery and maintenance. You will produce comprehensive, usable software documentation; recommend changes in development, maintenance and system standards. You will own delivery of entire piece of the system and serve as technical lead on complex projects using best practice engineering standards, and hire/mentor junior development engineers.
We're moving fast, and this is a great team to come to to have a huge impact on AWS and the world's customers we serve!
Be a part of the rapid growth of AWS SageMaker! Since it launch in Nov 2017, AWS ML platform SageMaker has seen unprecedented customer adoption. SageMaker helps engineers and data scientists build, train and deploy ML models at scale. Built-in algorithms (https://docs.aws.amazon.com/sagemaker/latest/dg/algos.html) have fueled this growth and provided customers with state-of-the-art, highly optimized algorithms for a few common ML problems. As an engineer in the AWS-ML platform team, you'll build world-class machine-learning algorithms that make data science faster and simpler on the SageMaker platform.
Delivering reliable, scalable, and high-performance algorithms for SageMaker requires engineers with exceptional technical expertise to work closely with exceptional ML, CV and NLP scientists. You will be working with terabytes of text, images, and other types of data to solve real-world problems. You'll design and run experiments, research new algorithms, and find new ways of optimizing risk, profitability, and customer experience. You will design, implement, test, document, and support cross-cutting services to help customers do machine learning at scale. You'll assist in gathering and analyzing business and functional requirements, and translate requirements into technical specifications for robust, scalable, supportable solutions that work well within the overall system architecture. You will serve as a key technical resource in the full development cycle, from conception to delivery and maintenance.
Alexa is the groundbreaking cloud-based intelligent agent that powers Echo and other devices designed around your voice. Our mission is to push the envelope in Artificial Intelligence (AI), Natural Language Understanding (NLU), Machine Learning (ML), Dialog Management, Automatic Speech Recognition (ASR), and Audio Signal Processing, in order to provide the best-possible experience for our customers.
As an Ontologist for Alexa Ontology team based in Seattle, you will play central role in defining strategy for federated ontology across Alexa and Amazon. You will design and implement core ontologies, define standards and rules for creating new ontologies and provide expertise around knowledge structures and linguistic analysis.
· Identifying, securing, and leveraging data resources from various teams and sources of knowledge to generate context-relevant information
· Searching for and extracting relevant facts from structured and unstructured data
· Working with team across Alexa to identify and map concepts across domains to support different types of question and answers
· Working with content creators to identify, develop, and migrate content structuring and tagging
· Assisting with data cleaning and QA
· Curating, organizing, and classifying the data with appropriate concept models and taxonomies
· Extending data with synonyms, relationships, and other semantic enrichment
· Working with other service teams to model their domains, and intersecting the models to create a larger Alexa domain
· Leading tool development and new data initiatives
· Working with content developers to normalize new and existing vocabularies
· Identifying and connecting to other taxonomy and ontology teams within Amazon to facilitate data sharing, standards and practices, and reduce data redundancies
· Evangelize the role of Taxonomy and Ontology in Alexa
· Define requirements for different tools to validate federated ontologies
· Be the subject matter expert for Lexicons
Alexa is the Amazon cloud service that powers Echo, the groundbreaking new Amazon device designed around your voice.
· Lead the development of a high impact backlog that impacts multiple Alexa products.
· Develop detailed, crisp business requirements and user stories that can be used to create product specifications and architecture for each product and application
· Manage prioritization and trade-offs among customer experience, performance and operational support load
· Create buy-in for the product vision both internally and with key external partners
· Work closely with engineering teams and program stakeholders to deliver products to market
· Drive product launches including working with public relations team, executives, and other product management team members
· Proactively identify and resolve strategic issues that may impair the team’s ability to meet strategic, financial, and technical goals
A Principal Manufacturing Technical Specialist (MTS) is a Subject Matter Expert in multiple technical disciplines, impactful across Amazon, and provides leadership to senior and principal engineers in innovating world class manufacturing processes. The right individual will be a recognized industry leader in consumer electronics manufacturing. A Principal MTS Engineer is highly independent and makes high value assessments and decisions while balancing both the tactical and strategic needs of the operations organization. A Principal will collaborate with executive management and technical leaders to anticipate strategic needs and develop systems and processes to address. The right individual will evaluate new proposals for technical merit, challenge assumptions, and provide final decisions on next steps. A Senior Principal will work cross functionally with the Amazon principal community to innovate and define future technologies enhancing the customer experience for all product categories. The right individual will have ask the difficult questions to dive deep in solving complex problems and be a role model in developing the right methods and approaches to provide a framework for others to solve problems in a systematic way. The Principal MTS Engineer reports to the AME Director, AME.
Day to Day duties
· Combine technical analysis and business acumen to create well-informed, strategic decisions impacting the entire company.
· Lead manufacturing process implementation for new product introduction including;
o Attend new technology reviews to provide leadership in identifying and mitigating critical manufacturing issues early with the engineering teams
o Work closely with cross functional departments to ensure seamless processes/adherence to best practices
o New technology evaluation and process development for Operations
o Lead Lab126 and Amazon engineering and operations groups to help drive efficiencies and innovation to establish world best manufacturing processes
o Lead the development and execution of new manufacturing projects through the Manufacturing New Technology Initiative (NTI) Process
o Collaborate with other members of the AME direct staff, such as Manufacturing Test Engineering (MTE), Manufacturing Technical Management (MTM), and Manufacturing Design Engineering (MDE), to address tactical issues and align on strategic vision with the AME Director.
o Develop and mentor Top Tier Technical Talent across the operations organization
o Write and present technical and narrative “stand alone” documents to communicate ideas and concepts to all levels of the organization.
o Collaborate with engineering peers to develop common methods to achieve manufacturing Key Performance Indicators (KPIs).
o Develop, evaluate, document, and improve processes leading to Year on Year improvements as measured by First Pass Yield (FPY), CpK (process capability), Non-recurring engineering (NRE) and Capital Expenditure Costs.
o A role model in exemplifying Amazon Leadership Principles and Principal Engineer Tenets
· Foreign and domestic travel as needed up to 25%
Areas of Focus
· New Technologies: Either individually or collaboratively identify, evaluate, develop and scale new manufacturing processes to enable innovative products
· “Fast-Fail” Techniques: Develop statistical means to evaluate new processes/ technologies. Define methods, measures, experiments, and sample sizes to evaluate new processes to increasing success rate and confidence levels in final decisions
· Statistical Methods: Advancing the use of statistical methods to solve complex process problems in a systematic way, and minimize number of builds, experiments, and test units to reach conclusions with high statistical confidence.
· Thinks Big: Leveraging Amazon wide strengths (AWS/Machine Learning) to create greater synergies for the Lab126 operations team to solve complex current and future problems.
· Educate, Advocate and Mentor: Be a role model and create an environment for MTS and MTS engineers to be role models in collaborating and explaining on new ideas and processes to technical and management peers.
· Technically Fearless while being Balanced and Pragmatic: Constantly challenge our ways of business and processes while weighing the benefits and opportunity costs to implement.
Are you interested in making history and building an Amazon service?
Amazon is working on a service to fill the unmet needs of a large segment of new and prospective customers. We are looking for a passionate Sr. Software Development Engineer to help us build the service from the ground up.
The ideal candidate enjoys working on complex software problems, possesses analytical, design and problem-solving skills, and is experienced in building and operating large scale systems. This role relies on your abilities to design large-scale distributed systems and develop andtest a highly scalable and available service to Amazon customers. You will design and build new features, identify and investigate new technologies, prototype solutions, and test and review changes, to deliver an exceptional customer experience.
To be successful in this role, you must have the aptitude to work within a fast moving, startup environment in a large company to rapidly deliver services that have a broad business impact.
Alexa is a cloud-based voice service that powers Amazon Echo family of devices to enable interactions with technology using just your voice. The Alexa Information group is responsible for answering all information-related questions for customers as well as building delightful customer experiences around them. We cover a wide variety of verticals such as weather, sports, traffic, local search, etc. and are continually growing into new verticals as well as starting new initiatives within existing ones.
As a Senior Product Manager, you will participate in developing the strategy and vision for the group, and you will develop and look after product roadmaps and features based on team strategy and vision. This role is inherently cross-functional -- you will work closely with engineering, design, operations, finance and executive teams to bring features to market and develop and grow business opportunities for Amazon. A successful candidate will be highly analytical, able to work extremely effectively in a matrix organization, and adept at synthesizing a variety of technologies and capabilities into high quality, simple products and applications that customers love.
- Lead the development of the consumer-focused product strategy and vision supported by internal and external analysis
- Define creative, high quality, simple product roadmaps based on team strategy and vision
- Develop detailed, crisp business requirements and user stories that can be used to create product specifications and architecture for each product and application
- Manage prioritization and trade-offs among customer experience, performance and operational support load
- Create buy-in for the product vision both internally and with key external partners
- Work closely with engineering teams and program management to deliver products to market
- Drive product launches including working with public relations team, executives, and other product management team members
- Proactively identify and resolve strategic issues that may impair the team’s ability to meet strategic, financial, and technical goals