Here are our current job openings. Please view the details for more information, and apply from that page if you are interested.
Use the criteria below to search within our open positions. Make multiple selections by pressing the Ctrl key (or Command key if using a Mac) and clicking your choice.
Click column header to sort
A wave of innovation is bringing sweeping changes to networking technology. Virtualization, unimaginable scale, hardware commoditization, and automation are revolutionizing network software. At Amazon Web Services (AWS), we leverage big data technologies and deep network analytics software to run one of the largest networks in the world. We push the boundaries of robustness, fault-tolerance and smart adaptive algorithms that can react intelligently to real-world events. This is your time to make history by building large-scale distributed software systems. We develop software at every level of the stack from front-end user interfaces to low-level embedded software and everything in between. We are a highly motivated, collaborative, and a fun-loving team of software developers who thrive on solving challenging problems.
At Amazon Web Services (AWS), we run one of the largest networks in the world. We are taking all the industry trends such as Software Defined Networking and IoT and blending them to build a critical foundation of cloud computing: The Network. Our goal is to become the infrastructure platform for the world; our team enables the network to function flawlessly. The unique opportunity to be the driving force of the future of the AWS Network begins with NDMS.
The Network Data Model Service (NDMS) team is a collection of software services developed to manage, maintain and vend logical representation of the state of Amazon network. We are searching for a software development engineer like you to help build the suite of NDMS services and integrate them with the AWS Networking service ecosystem. We are a passionate team of developers with a customer-first approach, allowing us to fail fast and rapidly iterate.
What do we do here? Amazon Web Services (AWS) runs one of the largest networks in the world. We are putting services and algorithms in place to control the traffic flow across the different fabrics of the Amazon network, taking static topological information as well as real-time network inputs into account.
Why do we do that? In Amazon, we are always customer obsessed. By responding fast to network changes like scaling, maintenance, failure, security and other types of events, we lower the cost and overhead for customers, while driving up performance, availability and reliability.
Why now? As we expand the reach of our algorithms, we need to scale and grow our team. We are looking for talented software engineer that want to get hands on experience with Software Defined Networking (SDN), hyper scale data center networks, cloud infrastructure, large-scale software deployments, algorithms and SOA.
How do we operate in our team? We empower our engineers to take ownership of their realm and make a difference. They start by gathering requirements, diving deep to choose technologies, designing features and spinning new services, coding and reviewing, deploying software across the globe and maintaining services. In AWS, we are nimble and agile, like being part of a startup, innovating while collaborating with smart group of people around you. We are thrilled about software and we are changing the landscape of networking. We operate on an unimaginable scale. We push the boundaries in robustness, fault-tolerance and smart adaptive algorithms that can react intelligently to real-world events. Software engineers on our team contribute to every phase of the development process and deploy scalable software systems worldwide.
What will you be doing here?
- Designing and developing network control plane software for highly scaled networks, using SDN and traditional routing/switching solutions.
- Influencing the team, setting the right architectural standards, and setting standard for organization/industry.
- Working with management, customers and development team to develop state of the art solutions, incorporating new technologies and algorithms and innovations.
- Being hands-on with end-to-end product life cycle: from defining the product strategy, design, develop to deployment.
Who are we? We are a highly motivated team of software developers who thrive on solving challenging problems and building large-scale distributed software systems.
Who are we looking for? Smart, talented and seasoned engineers. You do not need to have networking background up front. Join us if you like working hard, having fun and making history. We do just that.
Have more questions? Talk to us! We'll be happy to setup an info call to give you more context and details about the job.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Vet
Visit www.amazon.jobs for more information.
Do you have a passion to innovate for a planet scale service that is core to all modern internet businesses and that too in a company that operates like a group of startups? This is an excellent opportunity to join one of Amazon’s world-class team of site reliability engineers (SRE), work with some of the best and brightest while also developing your skills and career within one of the most dynamic, innovative and progressive technology companies anywhere.
Amazon CloudFront is one of the fastest growing, lowest latency and highest throughput services in all of AWS. CloudFront is a fast content delivery network (CDN) service that securely delivers data, videos, applications, and APIs to customers globally with low latency, high transfer speeds, all within a developer-friendly environment. We bring the Internet closer to end users, speeding up the user experience and is a service that is. CloudFront is integrated with AWS – both physical locations that are directly connected to the AWS global infrastructure, as well as other AWS services. CloudFront enables multiple services including AWS Shield for DDoS mitigation, Amazon S3, Elastic Load Balancing or Amazon EC2 as origins for your applications, and Lambda@Edge to run custom code closer to customers’ users and to customize the user experience. CloudFront uses a global network of edge locations to cache and route requests to the best possible location based on known latency, available capacity and many other factors.
Related CloudFront Video : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wRaPw1tx6LA
CloudFront’s Site Reliability Engineering (SRE) team is looking for experienced System Development Engineers to build out automation of critical service reliability and efficiency functions that ensures massively scaled, fault-tolerant and globally distributed service for our end users. As a SRE engineer you will be builder and not simply a maintainer. We are looking for strong technical candidates with proven analytical, problem-solving, and troubleshooting capabilities who can resolve production escalations by identifying root case and iterate on improving both production and pre-production environments. This is not a typical checkbox monitoring role but an engineering role that specializes in not just understanding how a system is supposed to work but why it doesn’t work as per its service level objectives. Amazon SRE engineers utilizes best practices and tools like 5-why, fishbone, white box and black box monitoring, system resiliency, load balancing/sharing/shedding best practices, failure mode and effects analysis (FMEA), incident management, risk and dependency mapping and predictive service provisioning and capacity planning.
Your responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Creating and enhancing regression metrics and automated tests
- Identifying and developing processes, tools, automation, and software changes to address top operational issues
- Working in close collaboration with software development leadership and support operations technical leads to shape the future roadmap and establish strong operational readiness across teams
- Leading change to develop simple, elegant solutions to complex operational or reliability challenges
- Utilizing hands-on technical skills to partner with team members and be comfortable diving into the fray as needed
You will diagnose complex problems, develop metrics to measure them and monitoring solutions to manage them. You will build automation and systems to maintain good “fleet hygiene” and software and hardware lifecycle management.
Here are some reasons you should come work with us:
- You will operate an AWS business with globally distributed servers and customers at a massive scale.
- You will own one of the lowest latency and highest throughput services in all of AWS.
- You will get the opportunity to work closely with a great team of system and software developers, principal engineers.
- You will understand what it takes to grow and operate a global business at AWS scale.
- You will be in charge of the complete software development lifecycle, defining, prioritizing, designing, building, and testing new features.
- Are a group of technologists from diverse backgrounds.
- Obsess over our customer’s needs and experience.
- Are owners. We love building new innovative technologies, and improving our existing ones.
- Wear multiple hats. We enjoy the prototyping and tinkering stages, as well as the rigor of making solutions production-ready.
- Are fast-growing, agile and collaborative.
- Enjoy seeing the impact your work has on real customers.
- Are comfortable in an agile environment and create order from ambiguity.
- Build strong teams with others as passionate as you about this mission.
- Take ownership and do what it takes to get the job done.
- Want to create services at a massive scale used by millions of people.
- Use data to make decisions and validate assumptions.
- Learn from others and help grow those in your team to achieve their best.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
Software Developer - Amazon Robotics - Robotic Application Team - Boston, MA area (North Reading, MA).
Are you inspired by the fusion of software and robotics? Are you a software engineer who dreams of building solutions that combine the latest technology in Robotics, Machine Learning, Computer Vision, AWS Cloud Services to change how millions and millions of customer orders are fulfilled? Answer yes to any of these and you've got to check us out!
The Robotic Applications team is seeking a talented and self-motivated Software Engineer to join the team building foundational applications for increased automation in Fulfillment Centers. You will be working closely with other engineers building complex robotic workcells, integrated with Amazon’s massive service infrastructure. We move quickly and your work will have an immediate impact at “Amazon Scale”.
Ideal candidates will:
· Experience building Computer Vision applications
· Experience with robotic motion control or industrial robotics
· Be self-driven and entrepreneurial, delivering results with minimal direction
· Have the ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Amazon Lab126 is an inventive research and development company that designs and engineers high-profile consumer electronics. Lab126 began in 2004 as a subsidiary of Amazon.com, Inc., originally creating the best-selling Kindle family of products. Since then, we have produced groundbreaking devices like Fire tablets, Fire TV and Amazon Echo. What will you help us create?
We are looking for a passionate, talented and inventive Senior Applied Scientist - Audio to join our team. As part of the larger technology team working on new consumer technology, your work will have a large impact to hardware, internal software developers, ecosystem, and ultimately the lives of Amazon customers. You must love high quality signal processing, enjoy adjusting codecs, optimizing audio frameworks, and have a feel for what a good consumer experience should sound like. In this role, you will:
- Engage with an experienced cross-disciplinary staff to conceive and design innovative consumer products
- Work closely with an internal inter-disciplinary team, and outside partners to drive key aspects of product definition, execution and test
- Development of new audio and speech processing algorithms
- Optimization and port to different platforms of audio and speech processing algorithms with focus in Voice Communication and Speech Recognition
- Integrate vendor hardware and software stacks
- Be able, and willing, to multi-task and learn new technologies quickly
- Be responsive, flexible and able to succeed within an open collaborative peer environment
Senior Software Developer (SLAM/C++/ROS) - Autonomous Mobility Project - Amazon Robotics - North Reading, MA (Boston area).
Amazon Robotics web site: https://www.amazonrobotics.com/#/
As an Amazon Robotics Senior Software Engineer (SLAM/C++/ROS) on the Autonomous Mobility team, you will own key components of navigation, vision, control, and coordination for single and multi-agent systems. You will collaborate cross-functionally to define clear requirements, deliverables, and test cases in an exciting, highly innovative environment.
We are looking for a software development engineer to be at the forefront of cutting edge consumer storage and networking appliances.
We are seeking creative engineers that feel equally comfortable in server and embedded environments, enjoy deep understanding of computer architecture, operating systems (Linux especially) and programming sophisticated embedded devices.
If you are one of those rare people, we'd like to talk with you ASAP.
You will be surrounded by people that are smart, passionate about new technology trends in cloud services and believe that state-of-the-art product is critical to customer success. Every day will bring new and exciting challenges on the job while you:
- Learn and use advanced technologies
- Create innovative products, and see them launched in high volume production
- Collaborate with internal engineering teams and other leading technology companies around the world
Amazon Lab126 is an inventive research and development company that designs and engineers high-profile consumer electronics. Lab126 began in 2004 as a subsidiary of Amazon.com, Inc., originally creating the best-selling Kindle family of products. Since then, we have produced groundbreaking devices like Fire tablets, Fire TV, and Amazon Echo.
What will you help us create?
As a Senior Dynamic Systems Control Engineer, you will be responsible for developing solutions to control complex electro-mechanical systems. You will take responsibility for developing models, performing analysis and producing algorithms for the control and estimation of robotic systems that guide and inform mechanical and electrical designs, and software implementation. You will demonstrate cross-functional resource interaction to accomplish your goals. You will play a role in defining processes and methods to improve the productivity of the entire team. You will investigate applicable academic and industry research applications, identify and initiate investigations of production technologies, prototype and test solutions to support product features, and design and validate production designs that deliver an exceptional user experience.
You will demonstrate strong working knowledge of physical systems, the desire to learn from new challenges and the problem solving and communication skills to work within a highly interactive and experienced team. Candidates must show a hands-on passion for their work and be able to communicate their ideas and concepts both verbally and visually. Candidates must demonstrate an ability to integrate feedback and to respond quickly to changing contexts and work environments. In this role, you will:
- Produce feature designs and validation to meet program objectives
- Develop, simulate, and prototype dynamic electro-mechanical systems
- Develop tests, perform failure analysis, and solution validation for product development
- Conduct field failure analysis and solution evaluation for production product issues
- Support positive team interactions to accomplish program objectives
- Provide cross-functional program integration support to ensure team success
- Commit to timely delivery of product features
- Manage schedules and milestones
- Apply technical expertise to problem solving throughout product lifecycle
- Mentor junior engineers in good design practice
Amazon Lab126 is an inventive research and development company that designs and engineers high-profile consumer electronics. Lab126 began in 2004 as a subsidiary of Amazon.com, Inc., originally creating the best-selling Kindle family of products. Since then, we have produced groundbreaking devices like Fire tablets, Fire TV, and Amazon Echo. What will you help us create?
Work hard. Have fun. Make history.
This role is to manage the growing Color, Material and Finish team within the Industrial Design (ID) group of Amazon Lab126. The role is a combination of design leader, project leader and people manager. This team sets the strategy for the CMF of all the Digital Hardware devices and accessories. The team draws from cross category design and industry trends, technology trends, user research and concept testing to define and implement our CMF for all current and future generation products which use a combination of plastics, metals and textiles utilizing various processes. This team does more than choose color, they are the leaders in identifying new materials, technologies and processes. Within the ID group they work closely with the Industrial Designers, the Industrial Design Program Managers and the Industrial Design Researchers. Across the organization the team works closely with Engineering, Product Management, and Operations to understand and influence technical, business and implementation when it comes to CMF. This role will represent ID in delivering CMF strategy to the highest-level executives. Because this team is small, but with great organizational reach and impact to the roadmap the leader must have a combination of design leadership, program management and people management skills. The role will;
- Lead definition, validation and implementation of our CMF strategy. Thorough use of outside trend information, design, and design research is needed to generate the data, not opinion, upon which the organization will base design and business decisions. This includes the ability to actively shift between high level strategy and tactical project level involvement to deliver a holistic CMF strategy across the entire portfolio
- Manage a small (3 to 5 people) ID CMF team, including direct day to day management, reviews, career development, and hiring when warranted of CMF Designers and CMF Production Designers and Program Managers. Indirect, project based, management of project team Designers, Program Managers and Researchers
- Take ownership of CMF development standards, process and schedules, communicating to project and executive teams, and overall coordination of design activities relative to cross-functional teams. Support the industrial design team in defining and communicating CMF design standards, and coordinate approving materials and production samples against those standards
Amazon Lab126 is an inventive research and development company that designs and engineers high-profile devices like the Kindle family of products. Lab126 began in 2004 as a subsidiary of Amazon.com, Inc. Since then, we have worked to produce best-selling e-readers and tablets, as well as new inventions like Fire TV and Echo . What will you help us create?
Work hard. Have fun. Make history.
As a Software Development Engineer, you will engage with an experienced cross-disciplinary staff to conceive and design innovative consumer products, working to make Amazon products accessible to people with disabilities. You must be responsive, flexible and able to succeed within an open collaborative peer environment. You will work closely with the hardware, ops, user-space and QA teams. You must be responsive, flexible and able to succeed within an open and collaborative peer environment.