Here are our current job openings. Please view the details for more information, and apply from that page if you are interested.
Use the criteria below to search within our open positions. Make multiple selections by pressing the Ctrl key (or Command key if using a Mac) and clicking your choice.
Click column header to sort
Interested in working on the Echo Show, Echo Spot, and other Alexa-enabled devices? If so, we'd love to talk to you!
Our team focuses on the software for Alexa touchscreen-enabled devices. We've already launched our two brand new products successfully in multiple countries and are continuing to pioneer this new innovative area that blends touch and voice interactions. We’re just getting started, and we’d love for you to join us in bringing these experiences to millions of customers.
As a Sr. Technical Program Manager, you will be responsible for leading cross-disciplinary teams to conceive, design, and deliver experiences for our Alexa devices. Your role will include the following:
- Work with key stakeholders in product management and executive teams to define strategy and requirements
- Lead cross-functional development efforts on new technologies and features, from design to delivery
- Communicate regularly with senior management on status, victories, and risks
- Dive deep into areas you're coordinating in order to give technical guidance
Amazon Lab126 is an inventive research and development company that designs and engineers high-profile consumer electronics. Lab126 began in 2004 as a subsidiary of Amazon.com, Inc., originally creating the best-selling Kindle family of products. Since then, we have produced groundbreaking devices like Fire tablets, Fire TV and Amazon Echo. What will you help us create?
As an RF Systems Engineer, you will engage with an experienced cross-disciplinary staff to conceive and design innovative consumer products. You will work closely with an internal inter-disciplinary team, and outside partners to drive key aspects of product definition, execution and test. You must be responsive, flexible and able to succeed within an open collaborative peer environment.
As part of the RF Systems Integration team, you will be responsible for wireless design and integration at Lab126. This includes the development and optimization of various wireless technologies including 802.11 (WiFi), Bluetooth and other IoT technologies.
In this role you will:
- Work within a project team and take responsibility for the WiFi, BT implementation
- Meet with vendors and technology suppliers to select components
- Simulate, implement, validate and optimize RF circuits (including schematic capture and PCB layout)
- Characterize and debug desense and EMI issues to meet requirements
- Perform multi-radio coexistence mitigation (including RF link budget planning and issue debugging)
- Perform simulations for RF design and desense mitigation (3D EM and circuit level simulations)
- Take the product through development, compliance testing, operator testing, ramp up and sustaining
- Support radiated manufacturing test and defects in the factory
- Work with software, mechanical engineering, baseband and compliance teams
Amazon Lab126 is an inventive research and development company that designs and engineers high-profile devices like the Kindle family of products. Lab126 began in 2004 as a subsidiary of Amazon.com, Inc. Since then, we have worked to produce best-selling tablets with breakthrough hardware technology, e-readers that have revolutionized reading, and Fire TV, a tiny yet powerful way to watch the best movies and TV shows in the comfort of your living room. What will you help us create?
Work hard. Have fun. Make history.
As a Software Development Engineer , you will engage with an experienced cross-disciplinary staff to conceive, design and develop innovative consumer products. You must be responsive, flexible and able to succeed within an open collaborative peer environment.
You will need to be able to work efficiently and effectively in a fun, fast-paced dynamic team environment. You will develop, execute and maintain software that will integrate and test Lab126 devices.
You are expected to have industry-leading technical abilities that enable them to significantly improve product quality. You should have a combination of solid in-depth knowledge of web application and service development, solid understanding of the operating system software, as well as knowledge of object oriented design principles.
The software you will build will expose APIs to be consumed by collaborative teams as well as the front-end portals. You should command the skill to communicate clearly and effectively. Candidates will need to define implementation plans, development specifications, and development test automation as well as design tools for unit, functional and performance testing in a programmatic manner.
Alexa is Amazon’s groundbreaking virtual assistant designed for voice interactions. We believe voice is the most natural interface for interacting with technology across many domains. We are looking for a Data Engineer to join our Analytics team located in beautiful Santa Barbara, CA.
As a Data Engineer, you will build data pipelines, tools, and reports that enable analysts, knowledge engineers, software engineers, product managers, and executives improve Alexa’s answering capabilities across multiple information verticals: Sports, Business, History, Science, etc. In this highly visible role, you will work across teams to gather requirements for data logging, storing, transforming, and reporting, and will build scalable solutions under fast-paced environment.
You love building tools and data pipelines, can create clear and effective reports and data visualizations, and can partner with stakeholders to answer key business questions. You will also have the opportunity to display your skills in the following areas:
- Design, implement, and automate deployment of our distributed system for collecting and processing log events from multiple sources
- Design data schema and operate internal data warehouses and SQL/NoSQL database systems
- Write Extract-Transform-Load (ETL) jobs and Spark/Hadoop jobs to calculate business metrics
- Own the design, development, and maintenance of ongoing metrics, reports, analyses, dashboards, etc. to drive key business decisions
- Monitor and troubleshoot operational or data issues in the data pipelines
- Drive architectural plans and implementation for future data storage, reporting, and analytic solutions
Amazon Lab126 is an inventive research and development company that designs and engineers high-profile consumer electronics. Lab126 began in 2004 as a subsidiary of Amazon.com, Inc., originally creating the best-selling Kindle family of products. Since then, we have produced groundbreaking devices like Fire Tablets, Fire TV, and Amazon Echo.
What will you help us create?
We are a smart team of doers that work passionately to apply cutting edge advances in robotics and software to solve real-world challenges that will transform our customers’ experiences in ways we can’t even imagine yet. As a QA Manager in this team, you will be working with a unique and gifted team building exciting products for consumers and collaborate with cross-functional engineering teams, including Amazon Robotics.
The successful QA manager will be highly customer focused, obsessed with quality, with a proven record of working effectively across functional organizations. He or she should be a strong hands on manager with good technical experience and the ability to drive against a high level test strategy based on a data driven quality approach. The manager will be a strong quality advocate with a good planning and optimization mindset. In this role you will:
• Will work with a team of test engineers to ensure the highest quality product delivery and define measurable metrics to gauge progress against objective QA goals.
• Work with business and development teams to understand product vision and requirements
• Set and drive expectations around quality for major releases grounded in solid customer impact and product understanding
• Understand how all elements of the system software ecosystem work together and develop QA approaches that fit the overall strategy
• Be responsible for development of test strategies and creation of appropriate test harnesses
• Oversee the development and execution of test plans and monitor and report on test execution
• Work with a team of quality engineering professionals to ensure the highest quality product delivery
• Be an experienced but hands-on manager who can build an organization and ensure it performs
Amazon Lab126 is an inventive research and development company that designs and engineers high-profile devices like the Kindle family of products. Lab126 began in 2004 as a subsidiary of Amazon.com, Inc. Since then, we have worked to produce best-selling e-readers and tablets, as well as new inventions like Fire TV and Fire phone. What will you help us create?
Work hard. Have fun. Make history.
Amazon is looking for a passionate, talented, and inventive Senior Scientist to help build industry-leading Speech and Language technology. Our mission is to push the envelope in Automatic Speech Recognition (ASR) and Audio Signal Processing, in order to provide the best-possible experience for our customers.
As a Senior Speech and Language Scientist, you will work with talented peers to develop novel algorithms and modeling techniques to advance the state of the art in spoken language understanding. Your work will directly impact our customers in the form of novel products and services that make use of speech and language technology. You will work closely with HW designers to delivers best customer experience within the constraints of low-cost consumer device. You will leverage Amazon’s heterogeneous data sources and large-scale computing resources to accelerate advances in spoken language understanding. You will mentor junior scientists, create and drive new initiatives.
Alexa is the groundbreaking cloud-based intelligent agent that powers Echo and other devices designed around your voice. Our mission is to push the envelope in Natural Language Understanding (NLU), Machine Learning (ML), Dialog Management, Automatic Speech Recognition (ASR), and Audio Signal Processing, in order to provide the best-possible experience for our customers. We’re looking for a Senior Research Engineer to help build industry-leading conversational technologies and machine learning systems that customers love.
As a Senior Research Engineer for the Alexa team,you will build systems for all stages of knowledge distillation; from data collection, through processing and cleaning, forms of modeling and inference, to extraction and verification. You will also collaborate closely with a team of Applied Scientists with expertise in areas such as Natural Language Processing, Automated Speech Recognition and Machine Learning to develop novel algorithms and methods and connect them to our cloud based engines. Prior domain knowledge including ML, ASR, and NLU is a preferred, though not required. However, strong motivation to learn ML, ASR and NLU is critical for successful candidates. Candidates should also be very agile in developing flexible software with respect to scientific, experimentation methods and usage patterns. Additional responsibilities include:
- Leading the development and maintenance of core system features
- Helping define product features, drive the system architecture, and spearhead the best practices that enable a quality product
- Working with scientists and other engineers to investigate design approaches, prototype new technology, and evaluate technical feasibility
- Operating in an Agile/Scrum environment to deliver high quality software against aggressive schedules
- Establish architectural principles, select design patterns, and mentor team members on their appropriate application
Amazon Lab126 is an inventive research and development company that designs and engineers high-profile consumer electronics. Lab126 began in 2004 as a subsidiary of Amazon.com, Inc., originally creating the best-selling Kindle family of products. Since then, we have produced groundbreaking devices like Fire tablets, Fire TV, and Amazon Echo. What will you help us create?
The Industrial Design team is seeking a talented and passionate Senior Industrial Designer who passionately wants to apply cutting edge advances in robotics to solve real-world challenges that will transform our customers’ experiences in ways we can’t even imagine yet. As a Senior Industrial Designer, you will be working with a unique and gifted multidisciplinary team that are engaged in a mission to deliver the next generation of consumer products. The team faces a challenging task of balancing cost, schedule, and performance requirements. You should be comfortable collaborating in a fast-paced and often uncertain environment, and contributing to innovative solutions, while demonstrating leadership, technical competence, and meticulousness.
This Designer will be directly responsible for delivering all aspects of the physical experience, from concepts and prototypes all the way to production. This designer will lead and work collaboratively within a team of other designers, researchers, engineers and program managers, creating a holistic product experience at the highest standards for our customers.
A successful candidate will deliver world-class design solutions and have the creativity and judgment to translate a customer centric design vision into concepts that are simple, intuitive and visually refined despite underlying complexity or constraints. This designer will possess an exceptional eye for detail, form and proportion and must embrace a highly iterative approach to design informed by the latest technologies and industry trends. Additionally, this designer must be articulate and possess the communication skills to convey proposals and specifications to other teams and disciplines within the organization at all levels.
Please include a digital design portfolio with your resume.
Interested in Amazon Echo? We’re building the speech and language solutions behind Amazon Echo and other Amazon products and services. Come join us!
As a Data Scientist in our Applied Modeling team, you will be responsible for data-driven improvements to our spoken language understanding models. Your work will directly impact our customers in the form of products and services that make use of speech and language technology.
- Ensure data quality throughout all stages of acquisition and processing, including such areas as data sourcing/collection, ground truth generation, normalization, transformation, cross-lingual alignment/mapping, etc.
- Clean, analyze and select data to achieve goals
- Build and release models that elevate the customer experience and track impact over time
- Collaborate with colleagues from science, engineering and business backgrounds.
- Present proposals and results in a clear manner backed by data and coupled with actionable conclusions
- Work with engineers to develop efficient data querying infrastructure for both offline and online use cases
Alexa is Amazon’s groundbreaking virtual assistant designed for voice interactions. We believe voice is the most natural interface for interacting with technology across many domains. Our team is responsible for making Alexa smarter by developing knowledge graph technology to help Alexa understand our world.
We are building the deepest and broadest knowledge graph on the planet. We have billions of entities, hundreds of billions of facts, and a robust presentation layer. Every Alexa user needs knowledge, and we’re here to satisfy that need.
As a software engineer, you will join a small team of amazing developers working to build the fastest, most comprehensive, and user-friendly knowledge graph system in the world. You will take complete ownership over feature design, prioritization, and implementation. You will commit code several times a day, and your work will be immediately seen/heard by millions of users. You will launch fast and iterate quickly to build amazing features at mind-numbing speeds.
What you will do:
· Write bullet-proof code that scales
· Participate in product prioritization and development
· Execute on sprints to address system scalability, feature development, and user engagement
· Collaborate with teams across the organization to iterate on design, test functionality, and evangelize feature adoption