Here are our current job openings. Please view the details for more information, and apply from that page if you are interested.
Use the criteria below to search within our open positions. Make multiple selections by pressing the Ctrl key (or Command key if using a Mac) and clicking your choice.
Click column header to sort
Linux Systems Development Engineer (DevOps) - AMAZON ROBOTICS - North Reading, MA (Boston area)..
The Linux DevOps role can be located in either our North Reading, MA or Westboro, MA locations.
Are you inspired by invention? Is problem solving through teamwork in your DNA? Do you like seeing how your work impacts the bigger picture? If so, you’ll fit right in here at Amazon Robotics. We are a smart team of doers that work passionately to apply cutting edge advances in robotics and software to solve real-world challenges at the scale of Amazon. We are Amazon Robotics, an engineering focused organization, and we are committed to giving you the tools and support you need to invent with us.
Amazon Robotics is looking for a Linux DevOps Engineer with Python development skills to join our Product IT team. This dynamic team is responsible for developing tools to automate the deployment, management, and monitoring of infrastructure and devices such as PCs, robots, and PLC’s for Amazon’s robotic fulfillment center solutions. The engineer in this position will take a lead role in building these highly scalable and highly available solutions that help empower Amazon Facilities to fulfill millions of customer orders per day all over the world!
Amazon is seeking an experienced and highly motivated Business Intelligence / Data Engineer to join the Amazon Key team, to help us measure, analyze and solve complex problems. Your work will directly impact how we evolve and grow this program. If you are excited about working in a startup environment to grow a new business within the security of the Amazon engine, this is the role for you.
Amazon has a culture of data-driven decision-making, and demands business intelligence that is timely, accurate, and actionable. The successful candidate knows and loves working with business intelligence tools, can model multidimensional datasets, and can build credibility with business leads throughout the organization and inform key business decisions. You are detailed-oriented, analytical, and creative, and you don’t quit. You must be able to roll up your sleeves and work directly with the data; and will need to demonstrate a penchant for execution and completion. You are a self-starter who is comfortable with ambiguity, and able to thrive in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment.
- Manage and optimize the Redshift cluster to enable metrics and analytics for the business.
- Own the design, development, automation, and maintenance of ongoing metrics, reports, analyses, dashboards, etc. to drive key business decisions.
- Interface with product managers, business analysts, and other business stakeholders to gather requirements and deliver complete reporting and analysis solutions.
- Have a deep understanding of business objectives, and continually align your work with those objectives and seek to deliver business value.
- Analyze and solve business problems at their root, stepping back to understand the broader context.
- Respond with urgency to high priority requests from senior business leaders.
Amazon Lab126 is an inventive research and development company that designs and engineers high-profile consumer electronics. Lab126 began in 2004 as a subsidiary of Amazon.com, Inc., originally creating the best-selling Kindle family of products. Since then, we have produced groundbreaking devices like Fire tablets, Fire TV and Amazon Echo. What will you help us create?
Work hard. Have fun. Make history.
As PLM system architect you will help refine and grow the capabilities of Agile PLM systems, driving continuous improvement to meet our needs as a developer of a world class cloud computing service provider. You will be responsible for design, develop and sustain PLM related application systems developed primarily using Oracle/Agile platform, Java and Oracle. This position will also serve to promote best practices and internal business processes with relation to change management and general PLM functions. We are looking for an individual who is responsive, flexible and able to succeed within an open collaborative peer environment. You must be motivated to work in a data driven environment, have a desire to drive change, and long for the opportunity to analyze systematic issues and implement solutions to challenging problems.
Agile PLM System Architect’s primary responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Provide technical system solutions for PLM systems primarily using Agile. The candidate should have a broad understanding of supply chain and PLM and will be able to provide solution to business process and requirements in terms of new design, configuration and business process change for implementation and/or extending of existing applications and will be able to lead process improvement initiatives
- Drive the installation and infrastructure design decisions and maintenance
- Work closely with the Agile team and key stakeholders to understand requirements, owning software technical specifications and design documents, and develop and test the PLM applications and automation.
- Design and implement application configurations to meet business process and application requirements. Review and approve technical specifications and conduct code walk-through.
- Develop test plans to assure that developed solution satisfies client requirements including but not limited to developing test scripts, setting up test data, and assisting with activities relating to unit, performance, integration, conversion and cut-over testing, particularly packaged application configurations.
- Act as an advocate of Product Lifecycle Management best practices, methods, and processes
- Provide technical (Level 2/Level 3) support for applications. Support the users and Agile analyst in troubleshooting both application and business process issues
Who we are: Our team builds the tools and processes that deliver the computing resources that Amazon’s software teams need to build and grow their services. As an infrastructure service provider, we own the processes and tools that Amazon business teams use to plan, order, receive, and manage server capacity. What we do matters; every customer who uses Amazon’s products is supported by the computing infrastructure we provide!
Our priorities are to (1) provide Amazon teams with reliable, rapid access to the compute capacity they need, anywhere they do business; (2) enable business and finance teams use to responsibly manage growth and exercise controllership; (3) eliminate waste and identify opportunities to reduce the cost per unit of work; (4) minimize infrastructure operations burden so that software teams can spend more time building great new services and products for Amazon customers.
What you will do: You will lead our capacity and budget planning development team. Your team will own capacity and budget planning tools, reporting platform, and core inventory management services. Your top priority is to ensure you are hiring and developing a great organization, raising the bar on our software development practices and the customer experience using our tools.
Why it matters: Amazon and Amazon Web Services are growing at an incredible rate. To keep up with that growth, we must continually innovate with new processes and automation that simplify our operations at massive scale. You’ll have a company-wide impact; your work will impact thousands of developers and teams. You’ll help us rapidly launch and scale our services while maintaining financial controls and improving utilization. The processes you operate will benefit Amazon’s external customers, be they using the Retail website and Amazon Web Services.
Why you’ll love it: You’ll see all aspects of the Amazon business, from our Retail websites to our digital products to the inner workings of Amazon Web Services. You’ll work with massive data sets. You’ll improve the agility of our technical teams. You’ll be part of a growing, fast paced, and fun team. You’ll have ownership, not just responsibility; and you’ll define and execute processes to deliver both savings and productivity for AWS and Amazon.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
Amazon Lab126 is an inventive research and development company that designs and engineers high-profile devices like the Kindle family of products. Lab126 began in 2004 as a subsidiary of Amazon.com, Inc. Since then, we have worked to produce best-selling e-readers and tablets, as well as new inventions like Fire TV and Fire phone. What will you help us create?
Work hard. Have fun. Make history.
As an Audio Data Engineer in the Audio Technology team, you will engage with an experienced cross-disciplinary staff to conceive, design, and develop innovative consumer products. You must be responsive, flexible, and able to succeed within a collaborative peer environment. You will need to be able to work efficiently and effectively in a fun, fast-paced, dynamic team environment. As an Audio Data Engineer, you will help develop, execute and maintain software to collect the audio data sets used to evaluate and track the performance of audio algorithms for a wide range of products. You should have a combination of knowledge of Quality Assurance, solid understanding of the operating system, as well as knowledge of object-oriented design principles. The data capture software you build should allow high quality audio data collection in production-level code as well as expose defects at the component and feature-integration level. You should have the ability to communicate clearly and effectively. Candidates will need to define data collection plans, data collection specifications, data collection suites, and test cases as well as design tools for unit, functional, and performance testing in a programmatic manner.
As an Audio Data Engineer, you will:
- Connect audio equipment (audio interface, microphones, loudspeakers)
- Collect different types of audio data in different types of environments/conditions
- Create new audio data to be used for exploring device performance and debugging device code
- Write scripts to automate data processing (preferably Bash/Shell and Python)
- Understand/write C++ code in order to effectively work with and assist software development engineers
- Documenting the performance of the devices in the different testing conditions
- Work with product teams in order to define appropriate tests for each product
- Interpret testing results and be a vocal proponent for quality in every phase of the development process
Amazon is looking for a Software Development Engineer in Test, to join an exciting new project team working to build a completely new best in class consumer product. We are an innovative, cross-platform, customer-obsessed team, working on big-bets in an innovative environment. Our organization rewards intellectual curiosity while maintaining the direct to market product focus. Our mission is to invent and simplify large-scale solutions and bring the future to Amazon customers.
We are looking for a SDET to join the team that is more like a startup than a mature enterprise. The SDET needs to be entrepreneurial, wear multiple hats, work in a highly collaborative environment, and develop the automation-testing framework. Understanding the business requirements and developing automation to test the user requirements will be your key responsibility.
As a Software Development Engineer in Test, you will:
- Create test framework and platform to ensure device audio quality, power/battery consumption, stability and software features
- Work with QAEs to develop the test suite.
Alexa is a cloud-based voice service that powers Amazon Echo family of devices to enable interactions with technology using just your voice. The Alexa Information group is responsible for answering all information-related questions for customers as well as building delightful customer experiences around them. We cover a wide variety of verticals such as weather, sports, traffic, local search, etc. and are continually growing into new verticals as well as starting new initiatives within existing ones.
As a Principal Product Manager, you will participate in developing the strategy and vision for the group, and you will develop and look after product roadmaps and features based on team strategy and vision. This role is inherently cross-functional -- you will work closely with engineering, design, operations, finance and executive teams to bring features to market and develop and grow business opportunities for Amazon. A successful candidate will be highly analytical, able to work extremely effectively in a matrix organization, and adept at synthesizing a variety of technologies and capabilities into high quality, simple products and applications that customers love. As a product manager you will
- Lead the development of the consumer-focused product strategy and vision supported by internal and external analysis
- Define creative, high quality, simple product roadmaps based on team strategy and vision
- Develop detailed, crisp business requirements and user stories that can be used to create product specifications and architecture for each product and application
- Manage prioritization and trade-offs among customer experience, performance and operational support load
- Create buy-in for the product vision both internally and with key external partners
- Work closely with engineering teams and program management to deliver products to market
- Drive product launches including working with public relations team, executives, and other product management team members
- Proactively identify and resolve strategic issues that may impair the team’s ability to meet strategic, financial, and technical goal
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
Fire OS supports all Android devices that are built at Amazon. The supported devices include Tablets, TV, and an exciting array of new products that are under development. What will you help us create?
Work hard. Have fun. Make history.
As a Software Development Manager for Fire OS Multimedia you will lead your team to design, build, and support cutting-edge devices for media consumption, whether mobile or in the home. You will engage with SW and HW partners inside and outside of the company to:
- Build a road map for Audio technology across a variety of product categories
- Work with product management and cross functional teams to build and ship technical solutions for desired user experiences across a variety of product families
- Provide hands on technical leadership to the team, including your own code contributions, design reviews, and prioritization
- Implement process improvements for both your own and surrounding teams.
- Advise senior and executive management
- Define detailed technical requirements from high level product requirements and enable your team to do the same.
- Drive and facilitate innovation within the team
- Manage team priorities, headcount projections, recruiting and continuous performance evaluations.
- Monitor, drive and facilitate individual growth of your team’s individual contributors
The Amazon Devices team designs and engineers customer-obsessed consumer electronics, including the best-selling Kindle, Kindle Fire Tablets, Amazon Fire TV, Amazon Dash, and Amazon Echo. What will you help us create?
Work hard. Have fun. Make history.
The Amazon FireTV Partner Management Team is looking for a Software Quality Assurance Manager to drive world class quality in the software platform that makes a one of a kind experience today, and will enable exciting new capabilities tomorrow.
The successful manager will be obsessed with quality improvement, experienced and highly committed to creating world class automation for regression and feature testing, able to develop and drive a high-level strategy, as well as take a hands-on approach to implementing that strategy.
Responsibilities include understanding how all the various parts of the Kindle software ecosystem work, developing QA approaches that fit the overall strategy, overseeing the execution of test plans, and monitoring the progress of testing.
The successful candidate will be an experienced, hands-on manager who has built a high performing test team, with experience operating under short release cycles. He/she will have demonstrated creativity and initiative with product improvements and/or enhancement recommendations in their career.
Amazon.com is looking for best-in-class Network Engineers to help deploy, scale and automate one of the world’s largest and complex networks. With Amazon Web Services, our goal is to become “The Infrastructure Platform” to the world. Our customers demand the highest quality and reliability for their services. We are expanding at a tremendous rate it is our responsibility to maintain quality and reliability while developing innovative ways to automate the scaling of our network.
As a Network Engineer working within AWS Infrastructure you will:
- Be responsible for automation of deploying network infrastructure across all of our network fabrics that supports the Amazon Retail Service, Kindle, Payments and multiple AWS services.
- Deploy, scale and automate our network across multiple global datacenters. This includes existing footprints and greenfield locations.
- Drive scaling of current network designs to meet the demand of our customers.
- Create simple, repetitive deployment processes that increase both velocity and quality.
- Work closely with our internal customers on designs/solutions; bringing those designs/solutions from concept to production.
- Create and update our network standards and ensure that the network is deployed to these standards.
- Create and implement changes on the network.
- Automate workflow and execution of deployments on a global scale
- Work closely with our automation teams in transitioning and defining new tools that allow us to scale at unprecedented volume.
Our ideal candidate has a proven record of building automated solutions, is highly autonomous, possesses strong written and verbal communication skills, strong project management and time management skills and has a successful track record of designing simple, scalable solutions and troubleshooting complex network problems and delivering innovative solutions. The desire and ability to work in a fast paced, collaborative environment is essential.