Here are our current job openings. Please view the details for more information, and apply from that page if you are interested.
Use the criteria below to search within our open positions. Make multiple selections by pressing the Ctrl key (or Command key if using a Mac) and clicking your choice.
Click column header to sort
The AWS Capacity Forecasting and Planning team is responsible for growing the world's largest Cloud. We forecast customer demand, build inventory replenishment system, and drive utilization improvement for all AWS services.
What we own:
- Building a world-class forecasting platform that scales to handling billions of time series data in real time.
- Expanding inventory replenishment models and systems for each AWS service in the fast-growing AWS product portfolio.
- Finding out the optimal tradeoff between AWS service availability and fleet utilization.
- Driving fleet utilization improvement where each 1% means millions of additional free cash flow.
- Automating tactical and strategic capacity planning tools to optimize for service availability and infrastructure cost.
What you will learn:
- Inventory management and supply chain management for the Cloud.
- Resource management and admission control for the Cloud.
- The internals of all AWS services.
- How to build large scale distributed systems for both internal and external AWS customers.
Forecasting, Statistics, Machine Learning, Optimization, Inventory Management, Supply Chain Management, AWS, Cloud, Cloud Computing, EC2, S3, EBS, DynamoDB, CloudFront, Java, C++, object oriented, Java, distributed systems, high availability, scalability, concurrent
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
***Open to multiple locations: Vancouver/Seattle/Palo Alto/Remote***
Relational Database Service (RDS) is one of the fastest growing AWS businesses, providing relational databases as a service. RDS is seeking talented database engineers who will innovate and engineer solutions in the area of database technology.
We need individuals who are enthusiastic about applying bold new ideas to solving real-world customer problems and who are passionate about working with customers. Candidates must be able to translate customers' needs and use cases into technical innovation and robust engineering solutions on AWS.
The DBE team is actively engaged in the ongoing database engineering process, partnering with development groups and providing deep subject matter expertise input as stakeholders to design reviews, and as an advocate for bringing forward and resolving customer issues. In this role you act as the “Voice of the Customer” helping software engineers understand how customers use databases.
Candidates must have:
· Deep knowledge and experience designing and maintaining relational databases including Oracle, MySQL, Postgres or SqlServer
· Familiarity with Amazon Web Services (EC2, EBS, S3, etc.)
· Systems engineering experience, including Linux performance, memory management, I/O tuning, configuration, security, networking, clusters and troubleshooting.
· Storage engineering experience, including NAS, SAN, SSD, multi-pathing and caching.
· Experience building and maintaining complex mission-critical production database systems
· Broad awareness of customer workloads and use cases, including performance, availability and scalability
· Experience analyzing issues holistically, from the application tier through the database, down to the storage.
· Experience working directly with customers, resolving database, systems and infrastructure-related issues and also providing systems architecture leadership.
· Awareness of emerging technologies and approaches in IT
· Working knowledge of relational database internals (locking, consistency, serialization, recovery paths)
· Working knowledge of at least one scripting language (shell, Python, Perl).
· Coding skills in the procedural language for at least one database engine a must (PL/SQL, T-SQL etc.)
· Proven track record of automating tasks
· Excellent communication skills.
· Consulting experience is a plus
Blink was the result of one of the most successful crowdfunding campaign ever and is now part of Amazon Devices, the consumer electronics division that brings you the Kindle, Fire Tablets, Fire TV, and Echos!
Blink builds the completely wireless, battery operated home security cameras that send motion-activated alerts and HD video to your smartphone for an amazingly affordable price. Our vertically integrated engineering team works on algorithms, ASICs, hardware, firmware, cloud software and mobile applications to deliver products that customers love.
As a Software QAE on the Blink team, you are expected to have industry-leading technical abilities that enable you to significantly improve product quality. You should have a combination of solid in-depth knowledge of Quality Assurance, scripting language skills, as well as knowledge of object oriented design principles. The test software you will build should expose defects in production level code as well as defects at the component and feature integration level.
- Define test strategy, test suites, test cases as well as design tools for QA testing with a focus on automation
- Define test plans and guidance for junior level QA technicians
- Define and implement improvements to our existing processes and automated tools with the goal of increased testing scope and efficiency.
- Define, execute and maintain processes, procedures and tools to test Blink products
- Collaborate across teams within Blink and Amazon to enhance total product quality
Annapurna is recruiting a senior DevOps engineer that will own the productivity of team by better achieving our goals. As our engineering team grows, so does our infrastructure. We’re building a scalable CI/CD.As a DevOps software engineer, you will design, build, and use test-automation, build automation for local and remote software, working closely with software and hardware engineers, QA engineers, and other stakeholders in our fast-paced, innovative environment.
Amazon Lab126 is an inventive research and development company that designs and engineers high-profile consumer electronics. Lab126 began in 2004 as a subsidiary of Amazon.com, Inc., originally creating the best-selling Kindle family of products. Since then, we have produced groundbreaking devices like Fire tablets, Fire TV, and Amazon Echo. What will you help us create?
Work hard. Have fun. Make history.
We are looking for a passionate, hard-working and talented Senior Software Development Engineer for the Amazon Echo team who has experience building innovative, mission critical software features. You will have an enormous opportunity to make a large impact on the design, architecture, and development of consumer products. In this role, you will:
- Be responsible for the development and maintenance of key features for Amazon Echo
- Work with other team members to investigate design approaches, prototype new technology and evaluate technical feasibility
- Assist with Architecture and Design of new and current systems
- Work in an Agile/Scrum environment to deliver high quality software
Interested in Amazon Alexa and architecting the future of voice-forward smart devices? This is an opportunity to join one of the fastest growing and innovative businesses at Amazon. Third-party hardware makers can now integrate the brains behind Amazon Echo and Echo Show, into their products. We are now building the next generation software platforms to enable these exciting consumer use cases to proliferate across a multitude of operating systems, to bring to life, a whole new breed of devices that enable users to interact with voice and touch.
As a Senior Software Development Manager, you will lead a team of engineers to design, develop, test, and deploy embedded and cloud speech products. A successful candidate will have strong technical skills, excellent project management skills, great communication skills, and a motivation to achieve results in a fast paced environment. In addition to leading your team, you will a key contributor to Amazon Alexa's overall 3rd party partnerships strategy.
- Ability to lead a team through the design and development of complex embedded and cloud-based software systems.
- Recruit and develop the best software development team on earth.
- Drive and refine our agile/scrum product development lifecycle.
- 10+ years experience managing software development teams that build embedded and/or cloud software systems, ideally in the devices space
If you have an entrepreneurial spirit, know how to deliver, are deeply technical, highly innovative and long for the opportunity to build pioneering solutions to challenging problems, we want to talk to you.
Blink was the result of one of the most successful crowdfunding campaigns ever and builds the completely wireless, and battery-operated home security cameras that send motion-activated alerts and HD video to your smartphone for an amazingly affordable price. We are now part of Amazon Devices, the consumer electronics division that brings you the Kindle, Fire Tablets, Fire TV, and Echos! We are a fast-growing business driven by customer obsession, and it is our mission to continue to deliver the most value for our customers.
We are seeking an accomplished, product marketing professional to help develop new product concepts and lead global go-to-market. As product owner, you will leverage your analytical skills to drive product decisions and will work with upper management to define the product feature-set, positioning, pricing, and strategy. You will also be responsible for defining the go to market strategy and plan, and will partner with various organizational groups (engineering, sales, operations, finance, etc.) to deliver the product to customers.
- Collect and analyze consumer and product research to drive product decisions.
- Work closely with upper management to define product concept, feature-set, positioning, pricing, and strategy.
- Own go-to-market strategy and execution of Blink product launches.
- Work closely with Program Managers to ensure product development is on schedule and that product requirements are being met.
- Partner with cross-organizational groups (Sales/Marketing, Operations, Finance, PR, Legal, Engineering) to collaborate on go-to-market planning and complete various go-to-market tasks.
- Maintain and communicate the global product release roadmap.
- Monitor and track the competitive landscape for the product category.
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is looking for a best-in-class Systems Automation Engineer for the Network Automation Operation team in Seattle, WA. This team is working in the heart of AWS global network. We are looking to hire motivated, best-in-class System Engineers for our Seattle engineering centre. The engineers within our team are instrumental in allowing us drive the stability and sustainability of our next-generation networks and to discover innovative ways to automate and scale our network as we expand globally.
Our ideal candidate is highly autonomous, very detail oriented, possesses strong written and verbal communication skills and has significant experience of supporting large scale, enterprise class networks. Systems Automation Engineers work hand-in-hand with Software Development teams and Network Operations to automate and invent new ways of operating Amazon's Next-Generation Network. Excellent written and verbal communication skills and an ability to interact efficiently with peers and customers is required, as well as experience initiating, driving and managing in-event conference calls. The desire and ability to work in a fast paced, collaborative environment is essential. In addition to providing top-tier management and support of Amazon's vast network infrastructure, Systems Automation Engineers are expected to develop best practices, refine operational procedure and constantly think pro-actively and with innovation.
This is an excellent opportunity to join Amazon's world class technical teams, working with some of the best and brightest engineers while also developing your skills and furthering your career within one of the most innovative and progressive technology companies anywhere.
- Automate select network operation tasks through creation and maintenance of tools.
- Be part of the team that shapes the Automation future in Network Operations
- Deliver simple, sustainable and repeatable solutions and processes.
- Work closely with our Network Engineering teams to ensure fast, smooth roll-out of new designs and products.
- Drive standards across the network and ensure that we are fully compliant to those standards and policies.
- Identify and troubleshoot recurring platform issues. Effective escalation of same to mid- and senior-level engineering teams for full resolution
- Create and review documentation and process regarding recurring issues, new standard operating procedures, knowledge transfer material, etc.
- Automate select network administration tasks through creation and maintenance of scripts and tools
- Reduce the end-to-end cost of delivering packets.
- Mentor more junior staff in network automation, including involvement in the formulation of a structured training plan
- Participation in entry level interviewing
We are looking for a passionate engineer to join our team and drive the development of web applications that power consumer electronic devices. Your job will be to work with a team of engineers (hardware and software) and other team members (PM, Product, Marketing) to design and develop new ways of providing exciting and compelling experiences. You'll measure your success by the quality of your execution, the pace of innovation you help drive, and the increased satisfaction you deliver. If you’re ready to make a difference at a company that matters, if you want huge challenges to tackle, we would love to talk to you.
We are looking for passionate, hard-working, and talented Software Engineers who have experience building innovative, mission critical, high volume applications. You will have an enormous opportunity to make a large impact on the design and architecture of cutting edge products used every day, by people you know.
- Will work in an Agile/Scrum environment to deliver high quality software against aggressive schedules
- Will establish design principles, select design patterns and mentor junior team members
- Will help to define and push for the best possible end-user experience
Amazon is looking for Systems and Software Development Engineers to build the software that monitors one of the world’s largest and most complex networks. Tens of millions of customers rely on Amazon’s network for using our retail websites, accessing content on their Kindles and building applications and businesses on top of Amazon Web Services (AWS). Our goal is to become The Infrastructure Platform for the world – achieving this goal requires high-leverage, massively scalable software systems. Our success depends on our world-class network infrastructure, and our network depends on our Network Reliability teams. The Traffic Management team builds critical software that touches our network devices to safely re-route traffic around, either to remediate problems or for maintenance purposes.
- You are interested in being part of a high-bar team with global responsibility for the Network Reliability software used across all of Amazon’s businesses.
- Solving problems at scale excites you.
- You don’t implement specs from analysts and architects – you talk to your customers and design solutions to their problems. You automate and innovate.
- You do not push just one technology agenda – you choose the best tool for the problem at hand.
- You believe that the craft of software engineering is about writing code right the first time. For you, code reviews and automated testing are not chores – they’re a core part of writing great software.
- You don’t throw your code over the wall. You launch it, own it, support it and make it incrementally better for the benefit of your customers.
- You enjoy working in a flexible, fast-paced, collaborative team environment.
- You are interested in making changes to network devices like routers, switches, firewalls and the internet traffic itself using software