Here are our current job openings. Please view the details for more information, and apply from that page if you are interested.
Use the criteria below to search within our open positions. Make multiple selections by pressing the Ctrl key (or Command key if using a Mac) and clicking your choice.
Click column header to sort
What do we do here? Amazon Web Services (AWS) runs one of the largest networks in the world. We are putting services and algorithms in place to control the traffic flow across the different fabrics of the Amazon network, taking static topological information as well as real-time network inputs into account.
Why do we do that? In Amazon, we are always customer obsessed. By responding fast to network changes like scaling, maintenance, failure, security and other types of events, we lower the cost and overhead for customers, while driving up performance, availability and reliability.
Why now? As we expand the reach of our algorithms, we need to scale and grow our team. We are looking for talented software engineer that want to get hands on experience with Software Defined Networking (SDN), hyper scale data center networks, cloud infrastructure, large-scale software deployments, algorithms and SOA.
How do we operate in our team? We empower our engineers to take ownership of their realm and make a difference. They start by gathering requirements, diving deep to choose technologies, designing features and spinning new services, coding and reviewing, deploying software across the globe and maintaining services. In AWS, we are nimble and agile, like being part of a startup, innovating while collaborating with smart group of people around you. We are thrilled about software and we are changing the landscape of networking. We operate on an unimaginable scale. We push the boundaries in robustness, fault-tolerance and smart adaptive algorithms that can react intelligently to real-world events. Software engineers on our team contribute to every phase of the development process and deploy scalable software systems worldwide.
What will you be doing here?
- Designing and developing network control plane software for highly scaled networks, using SDN and traditional routing/switching solutions.
- Working with management, customers and development team to develop state of the art solutions, incorporating new technologies and algorithms and innovations.
Who are we? We are a highly motivated team of software developers who thrive on solving challenging problems and building large-scale distributed software systems.
Who are we looking for? Smart, talented engineers. You do not need to have networking background up front. Join us if you like working hard, having fun and making history. We do just that.
Have more questions? Talk to us! We'll be happy to setup an info call to give you more context and details about the job.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Vet
Visit www.amazon.jobs for more information.
Interested in creating systems and services that bring the power of Machine Learning (ML) to new application fields? With products such as Amazon Transcribe, our organization is setting the standard for high-performance, easy-to-use and cost-effective ML services. Our team expands this portfolio to new applications and industries.
As a Senior Software Development Engineer, you will be responsible for designing, developing, testing, and deploying distributed machine learning systems and large-scale solutions for our world-wide customer base. In this role, you will collaborate closely with a team of ML scientists to influence our overall strategy and define the team’s road map. You will also drive the system architecture, spearhead best practices that enable a quality product, and help coach and develop junior engineers. A successful candidate will have an established background in engineering large scale software systems, a strong technical ability, great communication skills, and a motivation to achieve results in a fast paced environment.
Software Developer - Amazon Robotics - Robotic Application Team - Boston, MA area (North Reading, MA).
Are you inspired by the fusion of software and robotics? Are you a software engineer who dreams of building solutions that combine the latest technology in Robotics, Machine Learning, Computer Vision, AWS Cloud Services to change how millions and millions of customer orders are fulfilled? Answer yes to any of these and you've got to check us out!
The Robotic Applications team is seeking a talented and self-motivated Software Engineer to join the team building foundational applications for increased automation in Fulfillment Centers. You will be working alongside top notch engineers building complex robotic workcells, integrated with Amazon’s massive service infrastructure. We move quickly and your work will have an immediate impact at “Amazon Scale”.
Ideal candidates will:
· Experience building Computer Vision applications
· Experience with robotic motion control or industrial robotics
· Be self-driven and entrepreneurial, delivering results with minimal direction
· Have the ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Amazon Lab126 is an inventive research and development company that designs and engineers high-profile consumer electronics. Lab126 began in 2004 as a subsidiary of Amazon.com, Inc., originally creating the best-selling Kindle family of products. Since then, we have produced groundbreaking devices like Fire tablets, Fire TV, and Amazon Echo. What will you help us create?
“If you do not work on an important problem, it's unlikely you'll do important work.” – Richard Hamming
We have important problems to solve. There are great, world-changing products that should exist, but do not, because the technology to enable them does not exist. Yet. That’s where you come in.
We are a smart team of doers that work passionately to apply cutting-edge advances in and to solve real-world challenges that will transform our customers’ experiences in ways we can’t even imagine yet.
Key responsibilities will be to conduct research and development in algorithms and to collaborate with cross-functional engineering teams, including Amazon, to put the concepts you develop into production. You will determine where commercially available solution and academic research can be applied to solve Amazon business problems, as well as identify opportunities for innovation. You will use a large amount of data to train and test algorithms to bring them up to production level quality.
If this describes you, come join our team at Lab126 in the heart of Silicon Valley. The team is using, image recognition, real-time and distributed systems to convert requirements into concrete deliverables. A Researcher on this team will translate business and functional requirements into working code. Comfort with a high degree of ambiguity and ability to solve problems that haven’t been solved to scale before are essential.
· Research, design, implement and evaluate novel algorithms
· Work on large-scale datasets, focusing on creating robust, scalable and accurate systems in versatile application fields
· Collaborate closely with team members on developing systems from prototyping to production level
· Collaborate with teams spread all over the world
· Work closely with engineering teams to drive scalable, real-time implementations
· Track general business activity and provide clear, compelling management reports on a regular basis
Amazon Lab126 is an inventive research and development company that designs and engineers high-profile consumer electronics. Lab126 began in 2004 as a subsidiary of Amazon.com, Inc., originally creating the best-selling Kindle family of products. Since then, we have produced groundbreaking devices like Fire tablets, Fire TV, Amazon Echo and Amazon Echo Show. What will you help us create?
We are a smart team of doers that work passionately to apply cutting-edge advances in robotics and software to solve real-world challenges that will transform our customers’ experiences in ways we can’t even imagine yet. We are looking for an intrepid problem-solver to dive into an ambiguous problem space and design and deliver innovative software solutions, and to collaborate with cross-functional engineering teams, including Amazon Robotics, to put the concepts you develop into production.
The ideal candidate is clearly passionate about new opportunities and has a demonstrable track record of success in delivering new features and products. A commitment to team work, hustle, and strong communication skills (to both business and technical partners) are absolute requirements. Creating reliable, scalable, and high-performance products requires exceptional technical expertise, a sound understanding of the fundamentals of Computer Science, and practical experience building large-scale distributed systems. This person has thrived and succeeded in delivering high quality technology products/services in a hyper-growth environment where priorities shift fast.
Amazon Lab126 is an inventive research and development subsidiary of Amazon.com, Inc., originally creating the best-selling Kindle family of products. Since then, we have produced groundbreaking devices like Fire tablets, Fire TV and Amazon Echo. We are looking for passionate, hard-working, and talented individuals to join our fast paced, start-up environment to help invent the future.
As a Software Development Engineer, you will work in one of the most exciting engineering domains alongside subject matter experts and technology partners. You will define and build innovative consumer product experiences with a direct impact on the design, architecture, and implementation of flagship products that customers love and use every day. The ideal candidate will have industry-leading programming skills, an established background developing high-volume cloud service architectures and an industry-leading knowledge of object-oriented development.
Some of your key responsibilities include:
- Contribute to team discussions around solution design and system component design as well as improvement and integration
- Design, develop, and extend high performance, test-driven code that meets requirements and is scalable and maintainable
- Participate in all stages of the software development cycle, including designing and developing new system architecture and improvements
- Build on and maintain an existing code base as well as new components
- Maintain production code and contribute to deployment and QA processes
- Participate in prioritization, estimation, and sprint planning
- Work in an Agile/Scrum environment to deliver high quality software against aggressive schedules
Do you like helping customers implement challenging video workflows? Would you like to do this using the latest encoding and cloud computing technologies? Do you have the consultative and leadership skills to help customers succeed with their cloud adoption initiatives?
AWS Elemental builds cloud-based and on-premises video encoding, origin, packaging, and management solutions for Live and Video-On-Demand workflows for customers worldwide. These solutions are integrated into larger AWS or other workflows. The AWS Elemental Specialised Solutions Architect is an expert in building architectures to support video processing and delivery workflows. In this role the Solutions Architect is expected to assist customers, partners, and AWS account teams with optimizing these workflows to best fit the application and use case.
The AWS Elemental Specialised SA will work closely with customers as well as our internal development teams on creating new blueprints and best practices for helping customers transition to AWS cloud services. Building next generation architectures requires both a depth and breadth of understanding of the technical, operational and business challenges each Media & Entertainment (M&E) customer is facing.
We are looking for a Solutions Architect to guide customers through this disruptive shift to cloud based video processing and delivery, utilizing best of breed AWS services as well as partner solutions.
Here are some other qualities we are looking for:
At AWS, we have a credo of “Work hard. Have fun. Make history.” In this role, you will love what you do, be a great teammate and instinctively know how to make work fun. You will be dynamic and creative, and willing to take on any challenge and make a big impact.
You need to have a passion for educating, training, designing, and building new cloud solutions for video workflows for a variety of different markets. You should be ready to embrace the challenge and have fun doing it.
- Ensure customer success in building architectures to support video processing and delivery workflows
- Act as the primary technical interface for customer evaluations and provide responsive and knowledgeable pre-sales support
- Work with to design and integrate our products and services into both new and legacy video workflows for our customers
- Conduct one-to-few and one-to-many training sessions to transfer knowledge to customers, partners and system integrators on best practices
- Capture and share best-practice knowledge amongst the AWS solutions architect community
- Author or otherwise contribute to AWS customer-facing publications such as whitepapers
- Communicate customer feedback to Product Management and the Services team (feature requests, market trends, etc.)
- Work closely with the Software Engineering team to verify technical requirements for customer-requested features and defect fixes
Ring's mission is to reduce crime in neighborhoods and empower consumers by creating a Ring of Security around homes and communities with its suite of smart home security products: Ring Video Doorbell, Ring Video Doorbell Pro, Ring Stick Up Cam and the new Ring Floodlight Cam. With these security devices, Ring has created the neighborhood watch for the digital age and continues to keep homes around the world safe. For more information, visit www.ring.com. With Ring, you're always home.
The Community Safety Moderator will work on an exciting new opportunity within Ring to ensure that content policies are upheld to reflect crime & safety guidelines for Neighbors app. This position is best suited for a candidate with experience and passion for community management, quality assurance, and a keen eye for recognizing content trends. The Community Safety Moderator must have great time management skills, the ability to work independently, and a strong work ethic. This team member will report directly to our Manager of Policy & Safety.
- Quality assurance of moderated comments in the Neighbors app
- Provide analytical reviews and scores of moderated comments
- Recognize trends to provide feedback and suggestions on community policy
- Surface compelling customer engagement to various teams
The Amazon Devices team designs and engineers high-profile consumer electronics, including the best-selling Kindle family of products. We have also produced groundbreaking devices like Fire tablets, Fire TV, Amazon Dash, and Amazon Echo.
As a Software Development Engineer in Test - Audio, you will engage with an experienced cross-disciplinary staff to conceive, design, and develop innovative consumer products. You must be responsive, flexible, and able to succeed within a collaborative peer environment. You will need to be able to work efficiently and effectively in a fun, fast-paced, dynamic team environment. As a Software Development Engineer in Test - Audio, you will help develop, execute and maintain software to test the performance of audio algorithms for a wide range of products. You should have a combination of knowledge of Quality Assurance, solid understanding of the operating system, as well as knowledge of object-oriented design principles. The test software you build should expose API defects in production-level code as well as expose defects at the component and feature-integration level. You should have the ability to communicate clearly and effectively. Candidates will need to define test plans, test specifications, test suites, and test cases as well as design tools for unit, functional, and performance testing in a programmatic manner. In this role, you will:
- Connect audio equipment (audio interface, microphones, loudspeakers)
- Collect different types of audio data in different types of environments/conditions
- Create new audio data to be used for exploring device performance and debugging device code
- Write scripts to automate data processing (Bash/Shell and Python)
- Understand/write C++ code in order to effectively work with and assist software development engineers
- Documenting the performance of the devices in the different testing conditions
- Work with product teams in order to define appropriate tests for each product
- Interpret testing results and be a vocal proponent for quality in every phase of the development process.
Amazon Lab126 is an inventive research and development company that designs and engineers high-profile consumer electronics. Lab126 began in 2004 as a subsidiary of Amazon.com, Inc., originally creating the best-selling Kindle family of products. Since then, we have produced groundbreaking devices like Fire tablets, Fire TV and Amazon Echo. What will you help us create?
As a Senior Compliance Engineer you will be an integral part of the product development team and influence an experienced cross-disciplinary staff to conceive and design innovative products while ensuring that all Amazon devices are designed, tested and certified to comply with worldwide regulatory requirements . You must be a technical leader and subject matter experts with a deep working knowledge of EMC compliance, consumer electronics and wireless devices and technology.
You will work closely with the design and business/marketing teams throughout the product life cycle to develop the product strategy. You will have a strong understanding of regulatory compliance scheme and the processes required to determine relevant compliance requirement, test, debug, certify and enable market access for Amazon products. The Senior Compliance Engineer will also work with operations and sustaining to ensure our devices stay in compliance throughout their product lifetimes.
Key responsibilities include:
- Drive a standardized and harmonized approach to Regulatory Compliance across Amazon’s suite of products.
- Working with engineering team, including the product/program managers, actively educate them on regulatory requirements for new and existing products, help guide compliant design development and verify compliance through test debug and validation activities.
- Technical leader able to utilize deep knowledge and experience to support junior compliance engineers on product regulatory compliance issues and failures.
- Determine and interprete the relevant regulatory standards for Amazon products.
- Establishing and maintaining guidelines and best design practices to mitigate compliance issues early in the design phase.
- Participate in mechanical and electrical design reviews to ensure EMC/EMI and WLAN mitigations are properly implemented in the design.
- Hands-on testing experience for EMC/EMI compliance during development (pre-compliance testing).
- Work with 3rd party labs to test and validate Amazon products and support testing from a hardware and software perspective
- Debug and root cause failures at the test lab to determination issue point and assist the design team to implement corrective design actions.
- Filing official paperwork and final approval from the proper government or regulatory bodies (FCC/CE/TELEC/WPC for WLAN, WAN , and industry certifications.
- Responsible for determining regulatory artwork for labels as required by certification bodies
- Stay up to date on any changes to global agency approvals and testing procedures