Here are our current job openings. Please view the details for more information, and apply from that page if you are interested.
Use the criteria below to search within our open positions. Make multiple selections by pressing the Ctrl key (or Command key if using a Mac) and clicking your choice.
Click column header to sort
We are looking for a passionate, hard-working, and talented Software Development Engineer who has experience building innovative, mission critical system software features. You will have an enormous opportunity to make a large impact on the design, architecture, and development of consumer products. In this role, you will:
- Be responsible for the development and maintenance of the Bluetooth and SmartHome features for the Echo line of products.
- Work with other team members to design novel customer features, prototype new technology, and evaluate technical feasibility
- Work in an Agile environment to deliver high quality software
- Be a part of the team that delivers best in class audio on some of the most coveted electronics in the industry
The Amazon Devices team designs and engineers high-profile consumer electronics, including the best-selling Kindle family of products. We have also produced groundbreaking devices like Fire tablets, Fire TV, Amazon Dash, and Amazon Echo. What will you help us create?
Work hard. Have fun. Make history.
As a Software Development Engineer – ZigBee you will engage with an experienced cross-disciplinary staff to conceive and design innovative consumer products. Vertically your ownership can span across application, device framework, connectivity stack, drivers and low level wireless controller coexistence and scheduler algorithms. Horizontally you will be given the opportunity to work on and own connectivity experiences across IoT Smart Home solutions including the Echo Plus.
You will work closely with the product management, hardware, operations, application, platform, cloud and quality assurance teams. You must be responsive, flexible, and able to succeed within an open and collaborative peer environment. The Smart Home connectivity team is responsible for the connectivity related user experience and use cases. This includes delivery and maintenance of an evolving feature rich, high-performance, low-power, stable platform. In this role, your responsibilities will include:
· Work with product management and cross functional teams to provide technical solutions for desired user experiences.
· Implement high-quality network stack, framework and application features.
· Implement the right metrics, debug tools and integrate with backend solutions to continuously measure and improve on our solutions.
· Implement power management features
· Implement and provide testing facilities and tools for QA, HW and factory teams.
· Work with teams to improve and tailor existing drivers, stack and applications to our needs. Improve memory footprint, optimize drive, stack and application code.
· Work with the hardware team to ensure correct exercising of hardware and RF architecture.
· Support compliance and certification activities.
· Be able to occasionally travel internationally.
Fire OS supports all Android devices that are built at Amazon. The supported devices include Tablets, TV, and an exciting array of new products that are under development. What will you help us create?
Work hard. Have fun. Make history.
Using a combination of open source and proprietary technologies, we build cutting-edge devices for media consumption, whether mobile or in the home.
As a strong customer advocate, you will help own media technologies and quality end to end (E2E). You will work with internal and external partners to deliver the best in class devices, and will research new technologies, develop new tools and help define processes to build the media stack of next generation devices.
We are looking for a talented, detail-oriented and enthusiastic Software Development Engineer who is passionate about quality and is enthusiastic about new digital products. The person chosen for this position will have the opportunity to contribute their creative ideas and energy to our group.
Duties include research, design, implementation, documentation, and maintenance of new and existing systems and the creation of software services and tools to drive the software development process towards higher quality.
As a Software Engineer, you will take part in the implementation and customization of software, working closely with application teams to delivering the media core engine. You will be working on cutting edge technologies in the market today. The development will be from the concept stage to the launch stage and ensuring the highest level of quality for your deliverables.
You will have an enormous opportunity to make a large impact on the design, architecture, and implementation of cutting edge products used every day, by people you know. In this role, you will:
- Be responsible for system architecture and development for new multimedia initiatives and feature development
- Investigate, prototype and deliver new and innovative system solutions
- Establish architectural principles, select design patterns and then mentor team members on their appropriate applications
Amazon is the biggest E-commerce company in the world, and Amazon CN Technology team is focusing on building cutting edge web application to improve the core online shopping experience. In this team you will have the opportunity to develop cool features that will run on Amazon websites to impact millions of Amazon customers. The team is also producing innovative ideas every day to make the customers feel the website is intelligent.
The CN Technology team operates very much like a startup – it moves quickly and is constantly innovating. However, you have the full resources of Amazon at your disposal, allowing you to move at even greater speed. You will find that the team works in a very agile fashion, delivering new features every few weeks, adapting to customer needs as well as delivering against long-term goals.
We faces the real challenging tech problems. Each day team members are solving tough computer science and engineering problems that are often encountered nowhere else. We are looking for outstanding Software Development Engineer who combines superb technical, communication and analytical skills. As an SDE in CN Tech team,
- You will learn to use different Amazon technologies to build your software, such as Amazon Web Services, DynomoDB, S3, etc.
- You will have opportunities to deal with big accessing traffic, large amount of data, complicated business logic and high expectation of real user experience.
- You will work closely with experienced engineers who are skillful to build system with high scalability, extensibility and availability. They might come from different teams and different countries.
- You are highly encouraged to build an end-to-end system, that means website is only one part, you also need to build the related backend service and metrics system as well.
- Android development experience is a plus.
Amazon Lab126 is an inventive research and development company that designs and engineers high-profile devices like the Kindle family of products. Lab126 began in 2004 as a subsidiary of Amazon.com, Inc. Since then, we have worked to produce best-selling tablets with breakthrough hardware technology, e-readers that have revolutionized reading, and Fire TV, a tiny yet powerful way to watch the best movies and TV shows in the comfort of your living room. What will you help us create?
Work hard. Have fun. Make history.
As a Software Development Engineer, you will engage with an experienced cross-disciplinary staff to conceive, design and develop innovative consumer products. You must be responsive, flexible and able to succeed within an open collaborative peer environment.
You will need to be able to work efficiently and effectively in a fun, fast-paced dynamic team environment. You will develop, execute and maintain software that will integrate and test Lab126 devices.
You are expected to have industry-leading technical abilities that enable them to significantly improve product quality. You should have a combination of solid in-depth knowledge of web application and service development, solid understanding of the operating system software, as well as knowledge of object oriented design principles.
The software you will build will expose APIs to be consumed by collaborative teams as well as the front-end portals. You should command the skill to communicate clearly and effectively. Candidates will need to define implementation plans, development specifications, and development test automation as well as design tools for unit, functional and performance testing in a programmatic manner.
The ideal candidate is a motivated self-starter with strong business acumen to join the team and build analytics driving actionable insights to accelerate the growth of the business. The Data Engineer will partner with Senior leaders, product managers, and other internal stakeholders to build metrics.
This role requires an individual with excellent analytical abilities, deep knowledge of business intelligence solutions as well as a passion for problem-solving. Ideally, you are comfortable with ambiguity and accessing and working with data from multiple sources. You will analyze large amounts of data, discover and solve real world problems, and build metrics and business cases around key performance of this program. You will be responsible for understanding the health of the service and business, and drive necessary changes as needed. This is a perfect position for someone who loves data and knows how to work fast and smart.
Some of the key responsibilities for this position include:
- Propose and implement business metrics for senior management reviews
- Work with business intelligence and data engineers to design and develop data infrastructure to support business growth
- Enable effective decision making by retrieving and aggregating data from multiple sources and compiling it into a digestible and actionable format
- Perform deep-dives to find the root causes behind variances of key parameters over a given time-period
- Develop intelligent, insightful self-reporting tools
-Manage the data warehouse
• Work closely with management, software engineering leaders, and business teams to plan catalog data improvements so as to maximize customer improvement impact.
• Triage many possible courses of action in a high-ambiguity environment, making use of both quantitative analysis and business judgment.
• Collaborate with software engineering teams to integrate experimental capabilities into large-scale, highly complex Amazon production systems.
• Report results in a manner which is both statistically rigorous and compellingly relevant.
• Assist in recruiting, mentoring, developing, and training other Research Scientists as well as other technical roles when needed.
Amazon Lab126 is an inventive research and development company that designs and engineers high-profile consumer electronics. Lab126 began in 2004 as a subsidiary of Amazon.com, Inc., originally creating the best-selling Kindle family of products. Since then, we have produced groundbreaking devices like Fire tablets, Fire TV and Amazon Echo. What will you help us create?
As a Manufacturing Technical Manager, you will be responsible for bringing new products from engineering to manufacturing. You will be a key member of the development team and will be the main interface between the hardware and software engineering teams with local and international operations teams within Amazon and our OEM teams. In this role, you will:
- Lead team of test, manufacturing and OEM engineers to introduce new products from engineering to production
- Work with OEM’s New Product Operations teams to identify and escalate manufacturing challenges by enforcing DFM and DFT principles
- Ensure technical readiness for product ramp and serve as technical lead/advisor to new product ops managers
- Develop production strategy, implement and optimize processes at OEM; including identification, specification, design and qualification of fixtures, test equipment and diagnostic software
- Develop, review and execute equipment requirement plans to support new product manufacturing and test
- Work within Operations, Hardware and Software engineering departments to implement and optimize manufacturing 1st pass yields and efficiency from prototype through product ramp
- Work with the design engineering to identify and escalate manufacturing challenges by enforcing DFM, DFA and DFS principles
- Investigate and introduce new manufacturing technology and methodology to enhance product quality and production efficiency
- Develop manufacturing process at the ODM, including defining fixture requirements, critical dimensions on parts and critical requirements in assembling
- Drive all factory-related operational issues related to SMT and final assembly processes during pre-production builds; ensure effective closure to enable operational success of the new product introduction cycle, and put products into mass production
- Identify and develop assembly jig and fixture for new products
- Bridge the gap from OEM to Amazon by supporting development builds and production
- Support cost reduction and sustaining activities
Amazon Lab126 is an inventive research and development company that designs and engineers high-profile consumer electronics. Lab126 began in 2004 as a subsidiary of Amazon.com, Inc., originally creating the best-selling Kindle family of products. Since then, we have produced groundbreaking devices like Fire tablets, Fire TV, and Amazon Echo. What will you help us create?
Work hard. Have fun. Make history.
As a Software Development Engineer – You will be responsible for helping to deliver a fast, fluid and delightful experience for our customers. You will be expected to work at all levels of the stack from the application UI to the kernel, nothing is off limits. Members of this team tend to have a high degree of fluency in more than one language and tools and work with an unwavering focus on performance, fluidity and the overall customer experience.
You will take part in designing solutions to hard problems in the Android and Amazon ecosystem; help qualify and shape Amazon's the device portfolio; and foster best practices for teams to us for a performance and fluid experience.
The Amazon Devices team designs and engineers high-profile consumer electronics, including the new Cloud Cam and Alexa family of products. We have also produced groundbreaking devices such as Echo Show and the Echo Look to add Computer Vision to Alexa. What will you help us create?
As a Cloud Software Development Engineer, you will engage with an experienced cross-disciplinary staff to conceive, design, and bring to market innovative consumer electronics products. You will work closely with an internal interdisciplinary team and outside partners to drive key aspects of product definition, execution, and test. You must be responsive, flexible, and able to succeed within an open collaborative peer environment.
The ideal candidate has current and extensive experience developing and building distributed systems and applications. The ideal candidate:
- Has in-depth expertise working with distributed systems and understands how they are deployed.
- Enjoys working side by side with partners, colleagues and teams on tough problems
- Is highly effective and thrives in a dynamic environment with multiple, changing priorities
- Knows what is important when shipping products to customers and has been through the process from start to finish
- Is comfortable with proactive outward communication and technical leadership and never shies away from a challenge
If you are an experienced professional with a passion for driving change and impact at a Global scale, you might be a fit for the Amazon Device Global Logistics (DGL) Operations Project Management team. Come armed with your knowledge for a position where you will own and drive strategic plans to satisfy the demanding logistics needs in markets worldwide. If you thrive managing large, impactful projects, optimizing operations and driving results, we have an incredible professional opportunity for you to be an integral part of the DGL team.
Our DGL PMO team is looking for a results-oriented individual to drive all aspects of cross-functional projects within our team. This individual will be responsible for developing collaborative relationships across various internal functions. This individual will be expected to quickly ramp-up on the end-to-end logistics and supply chain processes, and provide clear structure and oversight to new initiatives. This individual must have excellent project management skills and experience, an extremely high availability and bandwidth, and the ability to quickly understand and contribute to large cross-functional initiatives. This individual will be expected to solve complex issues, establish patterns and practices, and lead global projects. Key responsibilities will include representing the DGL team during highly visible and often critical projects related to logistics optimization and process improvement during globally impactful projects of an operational and technical nature.
The ideal candidate will possess demonstrated ability to take large, complex projects and break them down into manageable pieces, develop functional processes, and deliver them in a successful and timely manner. Maturity, high judgment, keen ability to influence, analytical prowess and leadership skills are essential to success in this role. Candidates with proven experience working in developing high performing supply chains are ideal.