Here are our current job openings. Please view the details for more information, and apply from that page if you are interested.
Use the criteria below to search within our open positions. Make multiple selections by pressing the Ctrl key (or Command key if using a Mac) and clicking your choice.
Click column header to sort
Who we are: Our team builds the tools and processes that deliver the computing resources that Amazon’s software teams need to build and grow their services. As an infrastructure service provider, we own the processes and tools that Amazon business teams use to plan, order, receive, and manage server capacity. What we do matters; every customer who uses Amazon’s products is supported by the computing infrastructure we provide!
Our priorities are to (1) provide Amazon teams with reliable, rapid access to the compute capacity they need, anywhere they do business; (2) enable business and finance teams use to responsibly manage growth and exercise controllership; (3) eliminate waste and identify opportunities to reduce the cost per unit of work; (4) minimize infrastructure operations burden so that software teams can spend more time building great new services and products for Amazon customers.
What you will do: You will lead our capacity and budget planning development team. Your team will own capacity and budget planning tools, reporting platform, and core inventory management services. Your top priority is to ensure you are hiring and developing a great organization, raising the bar on our software development practices and the customer experience using our tools.
Why it matters: Amazon and Amazon Web Services are growing at an incredible rate. To keep up with that growth, we must continually innovate with new processes and automation that simplify our operations at massive scale. You’ll have a company-wide impact; your work will impact thousands of developers and teams. You’ll help us rapidly launch and scale our services while maintaining financial controls and improving utilization. The processes you operate will benefit Amazon’s external customers, be they using the Retail website and Amazon Web Services.
Why you’ll love it: You’ll see all aspects of the Amazon business, from our Retail websites to our digital products to the inner workings of Amazon Web Services. You’ll work with massive data sets. You’ll improve the agility of our technical teams. You’ll be part of a growing, fast paced, and fun team. You’ll have ownership, not just responsibility; and you’ll define and execute processes to deliver both savings and productivity for AWS and Amazon.
Amazon Lab126 is an inventive research and development company that designs and engineers high-profile devices like the Kindle family of products. Lab126 began in 2004 as a subsidiary of Amazon.com, Inc. Since then, we have worked to produce best-selling e-readers and tablets, as well as new inventions like Fire TV and Fire phone. What will you help us create?
Work hard. Have fun. Make history.
As an Audio Data Engineer in the Audio Technology team, you will engage with an experienced cross-disciplinary staff to conceive, design, and develop innovative consumer products. You must be responsive, flexible, and able to succeed within a collaborative peer environment. You will need to be able to work efficiently and effectively in a fun, fast-paced, dynamic team environment. As an Audio Data Engineer, you will help develop, execute and maintain software to collect the audio data sets used to evaluate and track the performance of audio algorithms for a wide range of products. You should have a combination of knowledge of Quality Assurance, solid understanding of the operating system, as well as knowledge of object-oriented design principles. The data capture software you build should allow high quality audio data collection in production-level code as well as expose defects at the component and feature-integration level. You should have the ability to communicate clearly and effectively. Candidates will need to define data collection plans, data collection specifications, data collection suites, and test cases as well as design tools for unit, functional, and performance testing in a programmatic manner.
As an Audio Data Engineer, you will:
- Connect audio equipment (audio interface, microphones, loudspeakers)
- Collect different types of audio data in different types of environments/conditions
- Create new audio data to be used for exploring device performance and debugging device code
- Write scripts to automate data processing (preferably Bash/Shell and Python)
- Understand/write C++ code in order to effectively work with and assist software development engineers
- Documenting the performance of the devices in the different testing conditions
- Work with product teams in order to define appropriate tests for each product
- Interpret testing results and be a vocal proponent for quality in every phase of the development process
Amazon is looking for a Software Development Engineer in Test, to join an exciting new project team working to build a completely new best in class consumer product. We are an innovative, cross-platform, customer-obsessed team, working on big-bets in an innovative environment. Our organization rewards intellectual curiosity while maintaining the direct to market product focus. Our mission is to invent and simplify large-scale solutions and bring the future to Amazon customers.
We are looking for a SDET to join the team that is more like a startup than a mature enterprise. The SDET needs to be entrepreneurial, wear multiple hats, work in a highly collaborative environment, and develop the automation-testing framework. Understanding the business requirements and developing automation to test the user requirements will be your key responsibility.
As a Software Development Engineer in Test, you will:
- Create test framework and platform to ensure device audio quality, power/battery consumption, stability and software features
- Work with QAEs to develop the test suite.
Alexa is a cloud-based voice service that powers Amazon Echo family of devices to enable interactions with technology using just your voice. The Alexa Information group is responsible for answering all information-related questions for customers as well as building delightful customer experiences around them. We cover a wide variety of verticals such as weather, sports, traffic, local search, etc. and are continually growing into new verticals as well as starting new initiatives within existing ones.
As a Principal Product Manager, you will participate in developing the strategy and vision for the group, and you will develop and look after product roadmaps and features based on team strategy and vision. This role is inherently cross-functional -- you will work closely with engineering, design, operations, finance and executive teams to bring features to market and develop and grow business opportunities for Amazon. A successful candidate will be highly analytical, able to work extremely effectively in a matrix organization, and adept at synthesizing a variety of technologies and capabilities into high quality, simple products and applications that customers love. As a product manager you will
- Lead the development of the consumer-focused product strategy and vision supported by internal and external analysis
- Define creative, high quality, simple product roadmaps based on team strategy and vision
- Develop detailed, crisp business requirements and user stories that can be used to create product specifications and architecture for each product and application
- Manage prioritization and trade-offs among customer experience, performance and operational support load
- Create buy-in for the product vision both internally and with key external partners
- Work closely with engineering teams and program management to deliver products to market
- Drive product launches including working with public relations team, executives, and other product management team members
- Proactively identify and resolve strategic issues that may impair the team’s ability to meet strategic, financial, and technical goal
Fire OS supports all Android devices that are built at Amazon. The supported devices include Tablets, TV, and an exciting array of new products that are under development. What will you help us create?
Work hard. Have fun. Make history.
As a Software Development Manager for Fire OS Multimedia you will lead your team to design, build, and support cutting-edge devices for media consumption, whether mobile or in the home. You will engage with SW and HW partners inside and outside of the company to:
- Build a road map for Audio technology across a variety of product categories
- Work with product management and cross functional teams to build and ship technical solutions for desired user experiences across a variety of product families
- Provide hands on technical leadership to the team, including your own code contributions, design reviews, and prioritization
- Implement process improvements for both your own and surrounding teams.
- Advise senior and executive management
- Define detailed technical requirements from high level product requirements and enable your team to do the same.
- Drive and facilitate innovation within the team
- Manage team priorities, headcount projections, recruiting and continuous performance evaluations.
- Monitor, drive and facilitate individual growth of your team’s individual contributors
The Amazon Devices team designs and engineers customer-obsessed consumer electronics, including the best-selling Kindle, Kindle Fire Tablets, Amazon Fire TV, Amazon Dash, and Amazon Echo. What will you help us create?
Work hard. Have fun. Make history.
The Amazon FireTV Partner Management Team is looking for a Software Quality Assurance Manager to drive world class quality in the software platform that makes a one of a kind experience today, and will enable exciting new capabilities tomorrow.
The successful manager will be obsessed with quality improvement, experienced and highly committed to creating world class automation for regression and feature testing, able to develop and drive a high-level strategy, as well as take a hands-on approach to implementing that strategy.
Responsibilities include understanding how all the various parts of the Kindle software ecosystem work, developing QA approaches that fit the overall strategy, overseeing the execution of test plans, and monitoring the progress of testing.
The successful candidate will be an experienced, hands-on manager who has built a high performing test team, with experience operating under short release cycles. He/she will have demonstrated creativity and initiative with product improvements and/or enhancement recommendations in their career.
Amazon.com is looking for best-in-class Network Engineers to help deploy, scale and automate one of the world’s largest and complex networks. With Amazon Web Services, our goal is to become “The Infrastructure Platform” to the world. Our customers demand the highest quality and reliability for their services. We are expanding at a tremendous rate it is our responsibility to maintain quality and reliability while developing innovative ways to automate the scaling of our network.
As a Network Engineer working within AWS Infrastructure you will:
- Be responsible for automation of deploying network infrastructure across all of our network fabrics that supports the Amazon Retail Service, Kindle, Payments and multiple AWS services.
- Deploy, scale and automate our network across multiple global datacenters. This includes existing footprints and greenfield locations.
- Drive scaling of current network designs to meet the demand of our customers.
- Create simple, repetitive deployment processes that increase both velocity and quality.
- Work closely with our internal customers on designs/solutions; bringing those designs/solutions from concept to production.
- Create and update our network standards and ensure that the network is deployed to these standards.
- Create and implement changes on the network.
- Automate workflow and execution of deployments on a global scale
- Work closely with our automation teams in transitioning and defining new tools that allow us to scale at unprecedented volume.
Our ideal candidate has a proven record of building automated solutions, is highly autonomous, possesses strong written and verbal communication skills, strong project management and time management skills and has a successful track record of designing simple, scalable solutions and troubleshooting complex network problems and delivering innovative solutions. The desire and ability to work in a fast paced, collaborative environment is essential.
The Business Analyst is responsible for helping understand customer behavior across and within different content areas. In this highly visible role, he/she will provide reporting, analyze data, make sense of the results and be able to explain what it all means to key stakeholders - ranging from managers to engineers, from marketers to product managers.
The successful candidate will be an expert with analyzing large data sets and have exemplary communication skills. The candidate will need to be a self-starter, comfortable with ambiguity in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment, and able to think big while paying careful attention to detail.
In addition to providing valuable insight into our customers, this person will work extensively with Amazon product management teams, partner marketing teams, technical teams, finance, and operations to help grow the business.
You love working with data, can create clear and effective reports and data visualizations, and can partner with customers to answer key business questions. You will also have the opportunity to display your skills in the following areas:
- Define requirements for reporting sales data, customer behavior, and technical performance metrics, and work with technical teams and product managers to integrate into our development schedules
- Own the design, development, and maintenance of ongoing metrics, reports, analyses, dashboards, etc. to drive key business decisions
- Develop, implement, and automate processes to collect and manage usage data from multiple sources
- Partner with internal and external market research teams to analyze our customers and the competitive environment
- Derive insights from customer feedback and usage data and provide input into new product development
Amazon is looking for a QA Engineer to join an exciting new project team working to build a completely new best in class consumer product. We are an innovative, cross-platform, customer-obsessed team, working on big-bets in an innovative environment. Our organization rewards intellectual curiosity while maintaining the direct to market product focus. Our mission is to invent and simplify large-scale solutions and bring the future to Amazon customers.
We are looking for a Quality Assurance Engineer (QAE) to join the team that is more like a startup than a mature enterprise. QAE needs to be entrepreneurial, wear multiple hats, work in a highly collaborative environment, and own the testing process end-to-end. Responsibilities include defining test strategy and test plans and reviewing them with stakeholders, improving test coverage, reviewing and filling gaps in existing automation. Representing the customer, understanding how they use the system and including the most relevant end-to-end user scenarios in test plans and automation.
Amazon Lab126 is an inventive research and development company that designs and engineers high-profile consumer electronics. Lab126 began in 2004 as a subsidiary of Amazon.com, Inc., originally creating the best-selling Kindle family of products. Since then, we have produced groundbreaking devices like Fire tablets, Fire TV, and Amazon Echo. What will you help us create?
The Wireless System Performance Manager will manage the Wireless System Performance team. You will manage the recruitment, selection and retention of the team as we continue to grow our business. You will be responsible for the RF System Test and will be hands on with the team throughout the development process from concept through design, test, and into mass-production support. You are ultimately accountable for Wireless quality. In this role you will:
- Recruit, manage and maintain a world class Wireless System Performance Team
- Attend and run cross functional engineering meetings
- Dive into and take ownership for critical design issues
- Drive new wireless chipsets and technology characterization.
- Lead Test plan reviews
- Work with the operations team for factory test and NPI build support
- Build test processes to continuously improve performance and quality