Here are our current job openings. Please view the details for more information, and apply from that page if you are interested.
Use the criteria below to search within our open positions. Make multiple selections by pressing the Ctrl key (or Command key if using a Mac) and clicking your choice.
Click column header to sort
Are you interested in defining and delivering new services to help fuel the explosive growth of AWS? If you are an experienced software development engineer who is passionate about technology, innovation, automation, scalability, performance, machine learning and cloud computing, then this is the job for you.
We’re looking for an experienced Software Development Engineer who likes to solve challenging problems to accelerate innovative service development aligned with AWS capacity quality and availability. This is a rapidly expanding segment for the AWS business; in order to scale the team, we need more experienced talent!
The ideal candidate will have 5+ years of experience developing distributed services. Being a member of AWS quality team, you will spend your time as a hands-on engineer to innovate/implement/enhance software that improves the quality of AWS fleet using both deterministic and machine learning based analysis. You will have the opportunity to work on cutting edge of technologies. You will play a key role in building software capabilities and features from the ground up. You will develop software using wide range of programming languages, systems, tools etc. Your responsibilities will include all aspects of software lifecycle (e.g design, development, testing and deployment/operation). You will always be encouraged to explore your own ideas and get the opportunity to delight Amazon customers with your direct contribution.
At Amazon Web Services, we like to “work backwards”: start by understanding what customers need and using that to guide our engineering. We’re looking for systems engineers passionate and experienced in listening to customers, synthesizing their needs, and rapidly iterating our services to quickly put features into customers’ hands. Whether it’s an improvement to an existing feature, or a radically new idea, we have consistently executed to deliver on these ideas.
Amazon has a fast-paced environment where we “Work Hard, Have Fun, Make History.” On a “typical” day, systems engineers might whip up a prototype to prove or disprove an idea, instrument code, talk with customers, code up a feature, or draft a proposal for a radical new idea.
You'll be part of a world-class team in a fast-paced environment that has the entrepreneurial feel of a start-up. You will be responsible for developing technologies that improve the performance and reduce the cost of our services that can span prototyping ideas in a hypervisor to diving deep into an application and understanding how we can optimize its performance on our hardware. You’ll collaborate with a range of AWS teams to develop and deploy comprehensive AWS solutions incorporating these technologies.
- Work with a range of AWS teams like EC2, RDS, Redshift, and Lambda
- Measure performance of workloads across different system configurations
- Identify performance bottlenecks using profilers and performance counters
- Modify applications, kernel and/or hypervisor to address identified bottlenecks
- Prototype features in Linux to improve AWS and vendors hardware
- Provide input into the next generation of hardware
Amazon's Lab126 legal team is looking for a talented Corporate Counsel to work closely with the business and technical teams, and to serve as counsel on technology transactions, product counseling, and regulatory compliance for its Kindle/Digital business. This role will support FireTV and technology transactions clients across Amazon devices.
Principal duties include provision of ongoing legal counseling in the areas of intellectual property, consumer law, technology, digital media, and regulatory compliance, and structuring, drafting, and negotiating licensing (including software) and other commercial agreements. Some travel, domestic and international, is required.
This attorney can work in either Sunnyvale, CA or Seattle, WA.
The Builder Tools team at Amazon is responsible for both internal and external (AWS) developer tools. We enable our customers to manage their end-to-end software release process (CI/CD), including going from source code check-in, to building those changes, to testing those changes, to deploying those changes, and tracking issues through our ticketing and issue management systems. We own several dozen of the mission-critical internal systems that make Amazon run. We also own the external AWS developer experience. We are empowering AWS customers to build and operate software… just like Amazon does. CodeDeploy, CodeCommit, CodeBuild, CodePipeline, and Cloud9 are the beginning of a suite of tools that will put the power of Amazon’s homegrown tools in the hands of our customers. With thousands of internal and external developers as our customers, we run some of the biggest and most powerful developer tools on the planet.
The Builder Tools org is looking for an engineering leader to own our Software Release Automation and Safety teams tasked with improving the availability of all Amazon services. Your teams improve availability by making our tools, and the use of those tools safe. Our tools automate the creation and management of AWS resources so they are tuned for availability, security, testing, performance, deployment, and monitoring.
In this role you will lead a critical and highly-visible product for the AWS business. You will be given the opportunity to autonomously deliver the technical direction of the service, and the feature roadmap. You will work with extraordinary talent and have the opportunity to hire and shape the team to best execute on the product. If you’re excited to have a large impact on AWS and the cloud computing industry, you’ll find this role to be engaging, challenging, and full of opportunities to learn and grow.
As a Senior Manager in our Developer Tools space, you’ll be empowered to take ownership of a broad range of responsibilities, such as:
- Directly hiring, retaining, and growing top management and engineering talent within your group.
- Being a clear technical voice, working in partnership with your teams to deliver an architecture which will scale with the needs of the AWS business.
- Quickly and reliably delivering high quality technical solutions that will delight our customers.
- Working on business strategy to define a product roadmap that’s compelling and focused on growth, while collaborating with product management teams across Amazon's businesses.
- Meeting with customers to learn and help them shape their own tooling story.
- Clearly communicating at the executive level risks, successes, and missteps as you define and execute on a vision for the product.
Interested in Machine Learning? How about Amazon Echo, Speech and Language Understanding, or Computer Vision? We’re building the machine learning platform behind Amazon Echo and other Amazon products and services. We’re working hard, having fun, making history; come join us!
As a member of the Alexa Machine Learning Data Platform team, you will be responsible for leading the development and launch of core infrastructure and platform features. You will have significant influence on our overall strategy by helping define direction, drive the system architecture, and spearhead the best practices that enable a quality product.
The ideal candidate is clearly passionate about new opportunities and has a demonstrable track record of success in delivering new features and products. A commitment to team work, hustle, and strong communication skills (to both business and technical partners) are absolute requirements. Creating reliable, scalable, and high performance products requires exceptional technical expertise, a sound understanding of the fundamentals of Computer Science, and practical experience building large-scale distributed systems. This person has thrived and succeeded in delivering high quality technology products/services in a hyper-growth environment where priorities shift fast. Machine learning background is not necessary but a strong nice-to-have.
Responsible for designing, developing, documenting, testing, and maintaining key system features
Will work with other team members to investigate design approaches, prototype new technology, and evaluate technical feasibility.
Will work in an Agile/Scrum environment to deliver high quality software against aggressive schedules.
Amazon Lab126 is an inventive research and development company that designs and engineers high-profile consumer electronics. Lab126 began in 2004 as a subsidiary of Amazon.com, Inc., originally creating the best-selling Kindle family of products. Since then, we have produced groundbreaking devices like Fire tablets, Fire TV and Amazon Echo. What will you help us create?
As a Technical Program Manager, you will engage with an experienced cross-disciplinary staff to conceive and design innovative consumer products. In this role, you will:
* Work with key stakeholders in product management and executive teams to define strategy and requirements
* Lead cross functional development on new technology from design through delivery
* Work with remote teams to deliver supporting software and services in sync with launch timelines
* Communicate regularly with senior management on status, risks and change control
Senior Manager, Solutions Architect, AWS
Job summary -
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is a highly reliable, scalable, low-cost infrastructure platform in the cloud that powers hundreds of thousands of enterprise, government and start-up business and organizations in over 190 countries around the world. Launched in 2006, Amazon Web Services officially began offering developer customers access to web services – now widely known as cloud computing – based on Amazon’s own back-end technology platform. Using AWS, developers and businesses across all sizes can take advantage of Amazon's expertise and economies of scale to access resources when their business needs them, delivering results faster and at a lower cost. AWS cloud helps customers saves substantial costs and time by eliminating their day-to-day management hassle of running their physical datacenters so that they can focus on their core competence. We have a team of personnel who educate and support our customers in the best practices of using cloud services. The team at AWS is committed to providing developers and businesses with tools and services to make their business agile and more efficient.
Do you like helping customers solve technical problems? Would you like to do this using the latest cloud computing technologies? Do you have a knack for helping companies understand infrastructure & application architectures including the integration approaches? Do you thrive for the chance to be consultative while leading the launch of a project on a trajectory to success? Do you want to be part of the business development team helping to establish Amazon Web Services as a leading technology platform? As a Senior Manager, Solutions Architect within Amazon Web Services (AWS), you will have the opportunity to manage a focused team, shaping and delivering on a strategy to build mind share and broad use of Amazon’s utility computing web services (Amazon SimpleDB, Amazon S3, Amazon EC2, and Amazon SQS) within strategic accounts.
The ideal candidate possess a track record of hiring, developing, and mentoring senior technical professionals; supporting and working in close partnership with account management and other functions to plan and execute the AWS strategy; customer facing skills that will allow them to facilitate relationship within the customer’s environment especially with senior personnel within the company, as well as a technical background that enables them to easily interact and give guidance with software developers and architects. He/she should also have a demonstrated ability to think strategically about business, product, and technical challenges.
Your broad responsibilities will include: owning the technical engagement and ultimate success around specific implementation projects, and developing a deep expertise in the AWS technologies as well as broad know-how around how applications and services are constructed using the AWS platform. The ideal candidate will possess customer facing skills that will allow them to represent Amazon well within a customer’s environment and drive discussions with senior personnel within the company, as well as a technical background that enables them to easily interact and give guidance to software developers and architects. He/she should also have a demonstrated ability to think strategically about business, product, and technical challenges.
· Hire, develop, and grow a senior team of Solutions Architects
· Serve as a key member of the team responsible for supporting the business
· Serve as a key member of the customer facing team in helping to ensure customer success in building applications and services on the AWS platform.
· Suggest and implement programs and initiatives for the focused function Solutions Architecture team
· Help prioritize activities of the larger team; suggest the scope of customer engagements, with attention towards clear and well-defined objectives and success criteria.
· Capture and share best-practice knowledge amongst the solution architect community.
· Understand the AWS market segments and industry verticals.
· Understand and exploit the use of other internal Amazon systems.
· Moderate travel may be required
Located in Beijing
Would you like to own shaping and driving the revenue for the future of healthcare & life sciences industry for Amazon Web Services (AWS) in China? Would you like to be part of a cross-functional team focused on increasing technology adoption of cloud computing by engaging directly with C-level executives and influencers at all levels? Do you have the business background, technical depth, and communication skills needed to help further establish Amazon as the leader in healthcare and life sciences industry.
Your responsibilities will include helping to define key enterprises, finding strategic partners, assembling cross-functional engagement teams, and driving business and technical relationships with customers to create significant new opportunity pipelines. You will enable the AWS enterprise sales teams to more effectively drive their day-to-day interactions with key prospects. You will work closely with AWS Solutions Architects and AWS Professional Services teams to develop and promote cloud best-practices. And you will work closely with the AWS product and services teams to help evolve AWS offerings for more rapid enterprise adoption while addressing issues, concerns, and requests from the field.
The ideal candidate will possess a business background that enables them to drive an engagement and interact at the CXO/VP level of healthcare facilities / life sciences institutes / companies, as well as having the technical depth to communicate the benefits of cloud computing to IT architects, application analysts, and enterprise security and compliance teams. The ideal candidate will also have a demonstrated ability to think strategically and long-term about the needs of global business, and very familiar with complex, legacy IT environments including applications, middleware, storage, networks, information security, and operations. A keen sense of ownership, self-driven, and scrappiness is a must.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Serve as a key member of the Business Development team in helping to drive AWS marketing, sales, and technical strategy for the Healthcare & Life Science industry
- Actively engage with NHFPC (National Health and Home Planning Commission of the PRC) and CFDC (China Food and Drug Administration) to understand, participate and influence AWS friendly policy in public cloud with supporting by government relationship and compliance team. Proactively explore and influence the guidance from government regulators to the related organization’s development priorities, scope the business cases dragged by the priorities for field sales to engage by project by account
- Define and size enterprise segments, identify key workloads in healthcare & life science, and identify industry partners including ISVs and system integrators.
- Create strategic business development plans for identified opportunities and ensure these plans are in line with the AWS strategic direction.
- Develop industry-specific messaging and collateral materials that effectively communicate the business value that AWS could bring to customers, and engage with marketing team to improve AWS Brand awareness in the industry.
- Execute the strategic business development plans while working closely with internal stakeholders including sales, marketing, & partner teams, solution architects, professional services and support teams, legal and contract teams, and the AWS service teams.
- Understand the unique business & technical requirements of healthcare & life science customers and work closely with the internal teams and global HCLS BDs to guide the direction of our service offerings, and localize solution packages and sales tools.
- Understand and exploit the use of Salesforce.com and other internal Amazon systems for campaign tracking and pipeline management.
- Prepare and present business reviews to the senior management team regarding progress to move barriers and get support.
- Manage complex enterprise contract negotiations such as MOU signing off, in cooperation with AWS legal teams.
Do you enjoy solving very complex problems with simplest solutions? Are you excited building large scale distributed systems? Do you enjoy leveraging technology to solve real world problems? Would you like to help us move forward scaling with the cloud and leveraging latest mobile technologies?
Come join the Direct Fulfillment Platform team, work with smart people and make major contribution to enhancing our fulfillment experience to millions of customers world-wide. We are looking to hire in our Beijing office to work on further improving the space of Direct Fulfillment Platform– where we control the flow of work to our DF partners by providing tools for partners to manage their inventory, customer orders and shipments. The systems cover a wide range of business and technology areas including Registration, acquisition, workflow management, and vendor performance management. This is a high-impact space packed with challenging problems involving very complex systems and smart people.
As a Software Development Engineer (SDE) at Amazon.com, you will be building large distributed systems that are reliable, maintainable and scalable, and optimize our world-class supply chain and fulfillment systems. You will get your hands dirty designing full stack of software. You will be optimizing performance through tuning data storage stack, simplifying workflow management, and enhancing vendors and customers experience. Your software will have fault detection and toleration, automatic system recovery, as well as scaling on the Amazon cloud computing system. You will implement these while you innovate for Amazon customers providing flexible fulfillment capacity. You will be a major contributor to providing better customer experience to our millions of customers world-wide.
A successful candidate will have an established background in developing customer-facing experiences, a strong technical ability, great communication skills, and a motivation to achieve results in a fast paced environment.
Amazon Lab126 is an inventive research and development company that designs and engineers high-profile consumer electronics. Lab126 began in 2004 as a subsidiary of Amazon.com, Inc., originally creating the best-selling Kindle family of products. Since then, we have produced groundbreaking devices like Fire tablets, Fire TV, and Amazon Echo. What will you help us create?
We are a smart team of doers that work passionately to apply cutting-edge advances in robotics and software to solve real-world challenges that will transform our customers’ experiences in ways we can’t even imagine yet.
Key responsibilities will be to conduct research and development in computer vision and related disciplines, and to collaborate with cross-functional engineering teams, including Amazon Robotics, to put the concepts you develop into production. You will determine where commercially available solution and academic research can be applied to solve Amazon business problems, as well as identify opportunities for innovation. You will use a large amount of data to train and test algorithms to bring them up to production level quality.
If this describes you, come join our team at Lab126 in the heart of Silicon Valley. The team is using computer vision, image recognition, machine learning, real-time and distributed systems to convert requirements into concrete deliverables. A Researcher on this team will translate business and functional requirements into working code. Comfort with a high degree of ambiguity and ability to solve problems that haven’t been solved to scale before are essential.
In this role, you will:
- Research, design, implement and evaluate novel computer vision algorithms
- Work on large-scale datasets, focusing on creating scalable and accurate computer vision systems in versatile application fields
- Collaborate closely with team members on developing systems from prototyping to production level
- Work closely with software engineering teams to drive scalable, real-time implementations
- Track general business activity and provide clear, compelling management reports on a regular basis