Here are our current job openings. Please view the details for more information, and apply from that page if you are interested.
Use the criteria below to search within our open positions. Make multiple selections by pressing the Ctrl key (or Command key if using a Mac) and clicking your choice.
Click column header to sort
“This is by far the BEST Echo EVER!!!! … This thing is a work of art.” – customer review for Echo Spot
Imagine reading this on Amazon.com and knowing you built the new Echo Spot. That your code is a “work of art” to a customer out there.
Come join us in creating some of the most exciting products on the market today. We build Alexa devices with a touch-screen that enables news, music with karaoke, video calling, games, and more. We are plowing the way into the future by crafting how humans interact with smart devices every day.
If you like UI work or are interested in learning more about design and UX, you are one of us and we’d love to hear from you! Our growing team in Seattle makes the core visual components that go in Alexa devices like Echo Show, Echo Spot, FireTV, Kindle Fire, etc. And we’re just getting started! You will work in a team of software engineers but also interact with UX designers, artists, and product owners on a daily basis
Come join us in writing code that will run on millions of devices around the world as we craft the future of smart displays.
Join the team that brought you the Echo Show, a touch-screen enabled Alexa device that supports video calling, music, weather, and more! Our Echo Software team works on not only the Echo Show but other high-profile consumer electronics products including Fire TV, Kindle, and the Echo family of devices. We’re just getting started, and we’d love to have you join us to bring innovative experiences to millions of customers.
You don’t need any experience in those specific areas, just an enthusiasm to build cutting edge software particularly around user interfaces, cross-device APIs, or cloud-based services. If this sounds appealing to you, please contact us and we’d love to chat!
If you join us, your opportunities will include:
• Invent a delightful experience for our customers that utilizes Android, Alexa technologies, cloud services, frontend and backend technologies.
• Define and implement novel customer experiences and product direction through collaboration with Product and UX teams.
• Deliver high quality software through working in a dynamic, team-focused Agile/Scrum environment.
Join the team that brought you the Echo Show and Echo Spot, touch-screen enabled Alexa devices that supports video calling, music, weather, and more! Our Echo Software team works on not only the Echo Show but other high-profile consumer electronics products including Fire TV, Kindle, and the Echo family of devices. We’re just getting started, and we’d love to have you join us to bring innovative experiences to millions of customers.
You don’t need any experience in those specific technologies, just an enthusiasm to build cutting edge software particularly around user interfaces, cross-device APIs, or cloud-based services. If this sounds appealing to you, please contact us and we’d love to chat!
If you join us, your opportunities will include:
• Invent new experiences for our customers.
• Collaborate with UX and Product owners to define customer experience and product direction.
• Deliver high quality software through working in a dynamic, team-focused Agile/Scrum environment.
Principal Product Manager – Advanced Products & Technologies
Job Family: Product Manager – Technical (PMT)
Are you looking to create value for millions of customers by leading transformative innovation that can grow into significant businesses? Do you want to work at a company where you are the owner, where you are encouraged to build, and where you have the autonomy to push boundaries? Do you have a passion for technology and a desire to bring delightful, cutting-edge products to life?
The Amazon Devices group delivers delightfully unique Amazon experiences, giving customers instant access to everything, digital or physical. As a Principal Product Manager in Amazon's Advanced Products & Technologies group, you will help create and drive the product strategy, vision, and roadmap of future products, with a high degree of ownership over critical features and the customer experience. This role is inherently cross-functional - you will work closely with engineering, design, operations, finance, and executive teams to envision, develop, and launch innovative products.
A successful candidate will be both creative and highly analytical, able to work extremely effectively in a matrix organization, and adept at synthesizing a variety of technologies and capabilities into products and applications that customers love. We are looking for someone customer obsessed and technology savvy – with a proven track record of creating successful consumer products and services.
Amazon’s growth requires leaders who are owners, and who possess the entrepreneurial spirit needed to create new products. Amazon leaders solve complex, cutting-edge problems and get things done. As a Sr. Product Manager you will assume end-to-end product ownership over one of our technical products. Our products are experience-driven and often combine devices, software and services into an integrated whole.
Join us. Have fun. Make history.
· Manage the entire product line life cycle from inception to launch
· Contribute substantially to the vision, strategy, and roadmap for the broader product portfolio
· Understand and articulate customer needs, conduct on-going customer research, leverage internal knowledge and expertise, and prioritize market requirements
· Be a passionate advocate for the customer; provide the voice of the customer
· Inspire the team with the product vision, and work cross-functionally to bring the product to life
· Write MRDs, PRDs, and/or BRDs, and define use cases, features, and KPIs; create the business case
· Serve as the product expert assisting marketing with press briefing, industry talks, and whitepapers.
Amazon Web Services (AWS) provides companies of all sizes with an infrastructure web services platform in the cloud. With AWS, you can requisition compute power, storage, and other services – paying as you go for only the resources you need. Amazon Redshift is rapidly growing, fast and powerful, fully managed, petabyte-scale data warehouse service in the cloud. It enables customers to dramatically increase their query performance when analyzing virtually any size data set using the same SQL-based business intelligence tools they use today. They can launch a fully operational service with a few clicks for as low as under $1000 per terabyte per year. Amazon Redshift manages all the work needed to set up, operate, and scale a data warehouse, from provisioning capacity and installing software to monitoring and backing up the cluster, to applying patches and upgrades. By automating these labor-intensive tasks, Amazon Redshift enables customers to spend their time focusing on their data and business insights, rather than on procuring and managing infrastructure.
Joining the Amazon Redshift team gives you the opportunity to:
- Work on a disruptive product that’s still in its early stages
- Solve challenging problems that will revolutionize database computing in the cloud
- Build a product that will leverage the scale of resources available in the cloud
- Work for a company that’s a recognized leader in the cloud computing space
- Be involved in the fast growing, big data space
We are looking for developers with expertise and passion for building large scale distributed systems. Experience with jdbc drivers, proxy services, load balancing , highly available/fault tolerant systems, and operating complex services running in the cloud are all pluses.
In this role, you will have responsibility for:
- Translating functional and technical requirements into detailed architecture and design
- Coding and testing complex system components
- Participating in code and design reviews to maintain our high development standards
- Working with other teams to deliver and operate large scale, distributed services in the cloud
- Overall system architecture, scalability, reliability, and performance
Amazon Lab126 is an inventive research and development company that designs and engineers high-profile consumer electronics. Lab126 began in 2004 as a subsidiary of Amazon.com, Inc., originally creating the best-selling Kindle family of products. Since then, we have produced groundbreaking devices like Fire TV and Amazon Echo.
We are a smart team of doers that work passionately to apply cutting edge advances in robotics and machine learning to solve real-world challenges that will transform our customers’ experiences in ways we can’t even imagine yet. This is a great opportunity to work on a V1 and help building a product line from the ground up. We are looking for a strongly customer-focused Sr. PM /PM with a start-up mentality and skills that span research science, software engineering, program management and strategic vision.
In this role, you will:
• Actively identify and resolve strategic issues that may impair the team’s ability to meet strategic, financial, and technical goals. Your program management skills allow you to efficiently coordinate and track work across multiple teams. Your start-up mentality let you find work-around for any blocking work item.
• Earn trust through regular communication with senior management on status, risks and change control. Your program management and communication skills allows you to effectively drive written and verbal communication, to lead meetings with scientists, program managers, customers, and executives, and seamlessly adapt information for use by key stakeholders.
• Build strong processes and lead a disciplined execution cadence. Your program management background allows you to drive design and implementation of fully automated pipelines working across products and locales.
• Lead definition, data collection and progress for key metrics. Your analytical skills helps you defining KPIs to measure the quality of the product functionalities. You analyze data sets to understand trends, look for root causes and drive improvements across multiple teams.
• Lead operations for data collection initiatives on Amazon campus and at an external site to support Machine learning teams
• Perform basic device technical troubleshooting, and coordinate with software and hardware engineers for advanced troubleshooting and updates
• Supervise a team of contractors who execute the collection studies: provide continuous feedback to ensure the data matches the established requirements, and manage team rotations
• Partner with an external vendor to oversee the design, setup, and readiness of external data collection site
• Track and report on key performance metrics related to data collection and data processing, and ensure that collection initiatives track to program roadmap
• Develop collection cost forecast, and track actual expenditures
• Coordinate with legal team to analyze contractual documents such as leases and non-disclosure agreements
• Partner with internal device security teams to ensure collection operations comply with all Amazon confidentiality and physical security requirements
• Contribute to data collection strategy for early-phase device distributions in user trial initiatives, and lead metadata and feedback collection work streams.
Amazon Lab126 is an inventive research and development company that designs and engineers high-profile consumer electronics. Lab126 began in 2004 as a subsidiary of Amazon.com, Inc., originally creating the best-selling Kindle family of products. Since then, we have produced groundbreaking devices like Fire tablets, Fire TV and Amazon Echo. What will you help us create?
Work hard. Have fun. Make history.
As a Senior Software Quality Assurance Engineer, you will work with consumer application testing expertise. You will join the team of hands-on, pro-active, self-motivated and seasoned SQA professionals. In this role, you will:
- Create test plans and test cases
- Review user interfaces for conformity and functionality
- Efficiently execute test cases across all functional areas of our products
- Review product user interface for conformity to design guidelines
- Find, isolate, document, regress, and track bugs through resolution
- Interpret and report testing results, and be a vocal proponent for quality in every phase of the development process
- Work with Software Development Engineers to understand the overall technical architecture and how each feature is implemented
Alexa is a cloud-based voice service that powers Amazon Echo family of devices to enable interactions with technology using just your voice. The Alexa Information group is responsible for answering all information-related questions for customers as well as building delightful customer experiences around them. We cover a wide variety of verticals such as reference, weather, sports, traffic, local search, etc. and are continually growing into new verticals as well as starting new initiatives within existing ones.
You will participate in developing the strategy and vision for the group, and you will develop and look after product roadmaps and features based on team strategy and vision. This role is inherently cross-functional -- you will work closely with engineering, design, operations, finance and executive teams to bring features to market and develop and grow business opportunities for Amazon. A successful candidate will be highly analytical, able to work extremely effectively in a matrix organization, and adept at synthesizing a variety of technologies and capabilities into high quality, simple products and applications that customers love.
- Lead the development of the consumer-focused product strategy and vision supported by internal and external analysis
- Define creative, high quality, simple product roadmaps based on team strategy and vision
- Develop detailed, crisp business requirements and user stories that can be used to create product specifications and architecture for each product and application
- Manage prioritization and trade-offs among customer experience, performance and operational support load
- Create buy-in for the product vision both internally and with key external partners
- Work closely with engineering teams and program management to deliver products to market
- Drive product launches including working with public relations team, executives, and other product management team members
- Proactively identify and resolve strategic issues that may impair the team’s ability to meet strategic, financial, and technical goals
The Amazon Key Team is inventing and implementing pioneering initiatives for Amazon deliveries and services. We are laser focused on enhancing customer experience through next generation technologies, and are seeking exceptional, entrepreneurial software engineers to help drive this mission.
We are looking for exceptional Software Quality Assurance Manager who will be part of a start-up group that is defining and building cutting-edge products and services capabilities supporting Amazon’s current and future delivery initiatives. You will have an opportunity to contribute your creative ideas and energy to our group! If you join our team, you will be working on difficult problems at scale and will have autonomy to deliver. You will learn about real-time adaptive transportation solutions, optimizations, operating on a large scale and will be working on cutting edge technologies. The development will be concept stage to the launch stage, all the while ensuring the highest level of quality for your deliverables.
If you’re looking for an opportunity to make a big, innovative impact on a global business with a startup culture, we’re looking for you.
In this role you will lead a team of software quality experts in designing test strategies and create appropriate automation and tools that increase the speed of release cycles without sacrificing quality. You will also be responsible for overseeing the development and execution of test plans and driving quality-centric methodologies in the software development process. You will be part of a strong team in a fast-paced, start-up like environment where agile development is embraced and innovation is encouraged. You will also work with groups such as Product Management, User Experience Design, and Customer Support to understand customer usage models and develop test tools that approximate real-world environments. At Amazon, every memeber has the opportunity to positively impact millions of customers and you will be called on to identify and realize these opportunities. Not to mention, we have a lot of fun.
We care about your career growth, too. Once you join the team, you and your manager will jointly craft a career plan and you’ll review it regularly to ensure you’re on track to meet your goals. Whether your goals are to explore new technologies, take on bigger problems, and get to the next level, we’ll help you get there. Our business is growing fast, and our team will grow with it!
Check out our benefits: https://www.amazon.jobs/benefits
Ring has a mission to reduce crime in neighborhoods. With affordable solutions that work on any home, Ring is committed to offering smart security that’s accessible to everyone. Now Ring is part of the Amazon Devices family, and are seeking engineers who will help us create the next generation of home security. What will you help us create?
Work hard. Have fun. Make history.
As an Embedded Software Engineer, you will be a core member of the wireless team. Ideal candidate would be passionate about building IOT products. You must be responsive, flexible, and able to succeed within an open collaborative peer environment.
Be responsible for system architecture and development for new product initiatives and feature development
- Investigate, prototype and deliver new and innovative system solutions
- Work in an Agile/Scrum environment to deliver high quality software
- Establish architectural principles, select design patterns, and mentor team members on their appropriate application
- Enjoys working side by side with partners, colleagues and teams on tough problems
- Is highly effective and thrives in a dynamic environment with multiple, changing priorities
- Knows what is important when shipping products to customers and has been through the process from start to finish
- Is comfortable with proactive outward communication and technical leadership and never shies away from a challenge