Here are our current job openings. Please view the details for more information, and apply from that page if you are interested.
Use the criteria below to search within our open positions. Make multiple selections by pressing the Ctrl key (or Command key if using a Mac) and clicking your choice.
Click column header to sort
Amazon Lab126 is an inventive research and development company that designs and engineers high-profile consumer electronics. Lab126 began in 2004 as a subsidiary of Amazon.com, Inc., originally creating the best-selling Kindle family of products. Since then, we have produced groundbreaking devices like Fire tablets, Fire TV and Amazon Echo. What will you help us create?
As a Senior Hardware Development Engineer you will engage with an experienced cross-disciplinary staff to conceive and design innovative consumer products. You will work closely with internal inter-disciplinary teams, and outside partners to drive key aspects of product definition, execution and test. You must be responsive, flexible and able to succeed within an open collaborative peer environment.
As part of a system team you will work alongside system integrators and technology focused engineers who are subject matter experts of their fields. You will be responsible for integrating various core features of the product such as display, cameras, and sensors, improving overall system quality, working with software/product design engineers to optimize product performance, and debugging tough systemic problems. You will be involved in projects from concept through production, gaining exposure to the complete design lifecycle. You will also support engineering builds gaining experience with high volume manufacturing. In this role you will:
· Be part of the system EE team focusing on integration of multiple technologies in the product
· Work closely with cross-functional hardware, software, and mechanical teams
· Lead the debugging of design and manufacturing issues related to hardware
· Design and validate boards
· Drive system performance validation
· Travel internationally to support engineering builds if needed
The Amazon Devices team designs and engineers high-profile consumer electronics, including the best-selling Kindle family of products. We have also produced groundbreaking devices like Fire tablets, Fire TV, Amazon Dash, and Amazon Echo. What will you help us create?
Work hard. Have fun. Make history.
As a Software Development Manager for Embedded Devices, you will lead your team to design and deliver platform and middleware software for our embedded devices. You will engage with technology partners and lead long term development with a focus on architecture, performance, and portability. In this position, you will:
- Clarify requirements, define software roadmaps, align partner teams, and execute to RTOS based product ship schedules.
- Build a best-in-class engineering team that delivers excellent results through rapid iterations.
- Work with product management and cross functional teams to provide technical solutions for desired user experiences.
- Provide hands on technical leadership to the team, including your own code contributions and involvement in team code reviews.
- Work with product teams to ensure software can serve multiple needs while reducing code fragmentation.
- Implement process improvements for both your own and surrounding teams.
- Define detailed technical requirements from high-level product descriptions and enable your team to do the same.
- Define and drive metrics for software performance and guardrailing. Work with QA to ensure code coverage and stress testing.
- Facilitate innovation within the team.
- Manage team budget, headcount projections, recruiting and continuous performance evaluations.
- Monitor, drive and facilitate growth of your team’s individual contributors.
- Follow standards developments, open source developments, and technology roadmaps in associated areas.
- Advise senior and executive management.
- Occasionally travel
The Device OS team helps device makers onboard Amazon SDKS (e.g. AVS, ACK). Services like Alexa, GameOn, and Twitch are helping developers all over the world engage with customers and increase their success. If you're passionate about writing for mobile app and game developers, this could be the spot for you.
We are looking for an innovative technical writer to help us deliver documentation for APIs, devices, and services for the Device OS developer community. You will be responsible for creating developer-facing documentation including tutorials and quick-start guides, conceptual overviews, developer guides, detailed API documentation and sample code. To be successful in this role, you will be a first user of our APIs, services, and documentation, putting yourself in the developer's shoes and understanding what the developer wants to achieve.
The ideal candidate for this position will have a demonstrated ability to deliver high-quality technical documentation, be customer-obsessed, detail-oriented and comfortable working with highly technical teams in a fast-paced environment. Ideally, you have experience documenting C, and C++.
- Deliver technically accurate documentation to help developers successfully adopt Amazon SDKs and services
- Own the entire documentation set, including architecture, writing, editing, testing, and deployment
- Manage simultaneous documentation projects involving other team members and work with key stakeholders across the organization
- Continuously gather information from Business Development, Product Management, Developer Marketing and Tech Support to produce best practices and react to the needs of developers
Site Reliability Engineer (DevOps) Engineer - Amazon Robotics - Westborough, MA or North Reading, MA for location.
Resumes can be submitted via our career site or via metrowestjobsATamazonDOTcom for consideration. Thank you.
Are you inspired by invention? Is problem solving through teamwork in your DNA? Do you like seeing how your work impacts the bigger picture? If so, you’ll fit right in here at Amazon Robotics. We are a smart team of doers that work passionately to apply cutting edge advances in robotics and software to solve real-world challenges at the scale of Amazon. We are Amazon Robotics, an engineering focused organization, and we are committed to giving you the tools and support you need to invent with us.
Amazon Robotics is looking for a Linux Site Reliability Engineer (DevOps) with Python development skills to join our Product IT team. This dynamic team is responsible for developing tools to automate the deployment, management, and monitoring of infrastructure and devices such as PCs, robots, and PLC’s for Amazon’s robotic fulfillment center solutions. The engineer in this position will take a lead role in building these highly scalable and highly available solutions that help empower Amazon Facilities to fulfill millions of customer orders per day all over the world!
The Amazon Digital Devices group delivers delightfully unique Amazon experiences, giving customers instant access to everything, digital or physical. As a Principal Product Manager in Amazon's Devices group, you will help define and build products, features, and platforms that deeply integrate hardware, software, and services. You will help create and drive the strategy, vision, and roadmap, with a high degree of ownership over critical features and the customer experience. This role is inherently cross-functional - you will work closely with engineering, design, operations, finance, and executive teams to bring features and products to market and grow business opportunities. A successful candidate will be highly analytical, able to work effectively in a matrixed organization, and adept at synthesizing a variety of technologies and capabilities into products and applications that customers love. We are looking for someone customer obsessed and technology savvy - with a passion for technology and highly scalable software and services.
At the intersection of AI and natural language understanding, voice-assistant technology is one of the most exciting industries to work in today. Creating advanced personal assistants means understanding how to address the many ways a user can ask a single question and appropriately inferring intent from metadata such as a customer's location. Deploying this technology worldwide only adds to these challenges.
That’s where you come in. As an International Knowledge Engineer, you will manage and expand Alexa’s knowledge base so that Alexa can comprehensively understand and answer questions from more users around the world. You will be responsible for holistically improving Alexa’s performance in Japan, whether by localizing existing content, obtaining and structuring new data, or by influencing the product roadmap generally.
The International Knowledge Engineer role is unique in that a given day involves work typical of both individual contributors and product managers. You will have the opportunity to drive knowledge engineering projects from end to end, embed with other teams to optimize their work for your area of responsibility, and stay abreast of global developments. International KEs have a high degree of flexibility in how they deliver customer impact; no two days in our sunny Santa Barbara office are ever the same.
In this role, you will:
- Expand and maintain Alexa’s ability to understand and answer questions for customers in Japan
- Identify new content opportunities and fill gaps in Alexa’s capabilities by localizing existing content or finding and ingesting new data sources
- Develop and manage complex data pipelines
- Leverage your cultural knowledge to innovate on behalf of your customers
- Partner with software developers, product managers, other knowledge engineering teams, and business leaders to enhance Alexa’s key functions worldwide
- Closely monitor specific KPIs, drive improvements in query success.
- Constantly solicit input from users and colleagues to improve our products
- Help drive the development of the world’s smartest personal assistant
The AWS Core Services development team is searching for a .NET developer eager to make the AWS platform even easier for Windows Engineers to use. We're looking for a C# developer who's passionate about giving customers the best possible experience, has strong CS fundamentals (i.e. data structures, algorithms, and problem solving), and is excited to build high-quality software in a fast moving, agile environment. If you are passionate about embracing new technologies like .NET Core and want to build a platform to enable other Microsoft engineers to move towards infrastructure as code we want to hear from you!
To succeed in this role, you should be incredibly customer focused, have a strong command of C# development and the .NET platform. You must enjoy collaborating with teams across the company and take pleasure from delighting developers with high-quality, best-of-breed development tools and libraries for improving security, availability, and operational excellence of Windows-based services at global scale. You should be excited to build on top of AWS services and comfortable learning new services such as DynamoDB, Lambda, API Gateway, and CloudWatch.
Amazon Alexa Skill Kit Engineering.
Are you interested in leading a high performing software engineering team that is building solutions for the Alexa Skill developers?
We believe in creating voice-first experiences that deliver convenience to the lives of our customers and showcase the technical capabilities of the Alexa platform. This team is responsible for building solutions that enable Skill developers to provide these experiences.
As a Software Development Manager, you will lead a team of engineers that are incredibly technical, agile, data driven, and highly collaborative. You will lead design, development, test, and deployment of a range of products and services related to third party authentication, authorization, and accounting. You will own services and features which will enable developers to create high engaging skills more efficiently.
A successful candidate will have an established background in developing customer-facing experiences, a strong technical ability, excellent project management and communication skills. The candidate should be goal driven and motivated to achieve results in a fast paced environment. The candidate should be over-indexed on engineering excellence. Hiring and building engineering talent will be job #1!
- Responsible for the overall systems development life cycle
- Management and execution against project plans and delivery commitments; including day-to-day activities of the engineering team within an Agile/Scrum environment
- Management of departmental resources, staffing, mentoring, and enhancing and maintaining a best-of-class engineering team
- Work closely with the engineers to architect and develop the best technical design and approach
- Report on status of development, quality, operations, and system performance to management
If you have an entrepreneurial spirit, know how to deliver, are deeply technical, highly innovative and long for the opportunity to build pioneering solutions to challenging problems, we want to talk to you.
Amazon Web Services provides a highly reliable, scalable, low-cost infrastructure platform in the cloud that powers hundreds of thousands of businesses in 190 countries around the world. AWS has the broadest and deepest set of machine learning and AI services for our customers’ businesses. We are seeking an experienced Design Manager to build the next generation of our cloud server platforms. Our success depends on our world-class infrastructure; we’re handling massive scale and rapid integration of emergent technologies.
As a member of the Cloud-Scale Machine Learning Acceleration team you’ll be responsible for the design and optimization of hardware in our data centers including technologies such as AWS Inferentia which is a machine learning inference product designed to deliver high performance at low cost.
You’ll provide leadership in the application of new technologies to large scale deployments in a continuous effort to deliver a world-class customer experience. This is a fast-paced, intellectually challenging position, and you’ll work with thought-leaders in multiple technology areas. You’ll have relentlessly high standards for yourself and everyone you work with, and you’ll be constantly looking for ways to improve our products' performance, quality and cost. We’re changing an industry, and we want individuals who are ready for this challenge and want to reach beyond what is possible today.
- Build, manage a mentor RTL Design team
- Define and own ASIC design methodologies
- Own design and SOC overall schedules, set project priorities, drive project goals
- Act as a technical point of contact to the different SOC development teams
- Lead cross functional SOC development activities
- Work with with the different stakeholders and functional teams to ensure delivery of high quality HW/SW systems to AWS data centers
- Provide technical leadership through personal example, mentorship, and strong teamwork
Amazon’s Prime Video is a premium on-demand video entertainment service that offers customers the greatest choice in what to watch from popular Prime Original TV shows (made by Amazon Studios) such as The Grand Tour, Jack Ryan and the recent Golden Globe winning The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel to Prime Original Movies like the Oscar-winning Manchester by the Sea and The Salesman. The service also offers TV shows that are exclusively available for Prime members in each country such as American Gods, MR ROBOT and Outlander, and more recently live sport including the US Open tennis from 2018 and Premier League games from 2019. Beyond this content exclusivity, the service further differentiates from other video-on-demand services by offering Prime members the opportunity to subscribe to 60+ channels like Discovery, Starz, Eurosport Player and hayu and hundreds of thousands of additional titles to watch instantly with no extra apps to download or long term contracts. Prime Video is at the forefront of the entertainment industry and growing fast - now available in more than 240 countries and territories worldwide – and we work in a dynamic, and exciting environment where innovating on behalf of our customers is at the heart of everything we do. If this sounds exciting to you, please read on...
Prime Video is currently seeking a Senior Technical Program Manager (TPM) to help us grow Prime Video through engagement with partners in consumer electronics and software for living room devices. The TPM is responsible for managing all technical aspects of Amazon’s relationship with its device partners. They work closely with the business development team to on-board new partners, grow distribution of Amazon Video and introduce new features. The TPM looks at the engineering considerations, and co-ordinates all technical input on the Amazon Video app and playback, involving specialist engineering teams as appropriate. The TPM is responsible for the ongoing engineering success of the partnership.
Your goals will be to manage engineering delivery, ensure partner support for the Amazon Video product roadmap and work with the Business Development team to drive customer growth and engagement. Plainly put, the TPM is the bridge between business and technology, managing technical relationships with Amazon Video partners (both internal and external). They are liaison and primary point of contact between our external OEM partners and our technical teams. You will lead integrations, technical due diligence on new platforms and influence partners’ future roadmaps. Additionally, you are also responsible for identifying important new trends in the OTT and CE marketplace. You will own all engineering aspects of the relationship with global partners, drive partner performance and ensure that the partner implements Amazon Video upgrades.
As this role has a global responsibility, it often involves partners and internal teams spread around the globe on multiple time zones. A successful TPM will have experience in working with geographically separated teams and embraces non-traditional working hours. Travel to/within the United States, Europe and Asia Pac is often required.
TPMs problem solve, scope, clear roadblocks, coordinate launches and dive deep to ensure the mutual customers of Amazon and 3Ps have a great video experience. They are responsible for making sure expectations are clear and that all teams are working toward a joint deliverable.
We are looking for a dynamic TPM who is ready for the challenge of driving the integration and distribution of Prime Video with global home CE companies as part of the Prime Video Business Development team. Managing this exciting and fast growing portion of the Amazon business will provide the successful candidate with the opportunity to work in a diverse team and fulfill the Amazon motto to “Work Hard, Have Fun, and make History.”
As the TPM, Prime Video your responsibilities will include the following:
· Persuasively representing Prime Video technical capabilities and requests to 3Ps.
· Fostering strong relationships with 3Ps, including assessing requirements and underlying feature requests to recommend technical and business approaches.
· Conducting pre-project discovery and scoping – gathering product and roadmap information to work with engineering teams to develop a detailed plan for integrations.
· Vetting 3P technology platforms and capabilities as a qualification for successful engagements. Matching 3P technical needs to Amazon Video solutions.
· Managing 3Ps, notably during the business development, qualification and technical implementation stages. Implementing and optimizing the technical aspects of distribution relationships.
· Managing projects after deployment – coordination of post-launch device activities, including technical aspects to increase engagement and 3P problem solving.
· Driving and refining the 3P technical engagement process around integration and distribution.
· Investigating new technologies for Prime Video distribution. Identifying new companies and technologies to work with and influencing internal roadmaps/priorities.
· Managing long-term strategic interests as well as the tactical and day-to-day.
· Coordinating closely with product, software development and technical program management teams to ensure continuity of the technical needs of 3Ps.
· Driving customer experience and engagement technical improvements on 3P platforms.
· Driving process improvements in 3P qualification and integration. Successful candidates will have experience working with 3Ps, demonstrate excellent relationship management and technical ability to communicate requirements and influence decisions.