Here are our current job openings. Please view the details for more information, and apply from that page if you are interested.
Use the criteria below to search within our open positions. Make multiple selections by pressing the Ctrl key (or Command key if using a Mac) and clicking your choice.
Click column header to sort
Amazon Lab126 is an inventive research and development company that designs and engineers high-profile consumer electronics. Lab126 began in 2004 as a subsidiary of Amazon.com, Inc., originally creating the best-selling Kindle family of products. Since then, we have produced groundbreaking devices like Fire tablets, Fire TV, Dash Button, Amazon Echo and Alexa. What will you help us create?
As a Software Quality Assurance Engineer, you will work with consumer application testing expertise. You will join the team of hands-on, pro-active, self-motivated and seasoned SQA professionals. In this role, you will:
* Create test plans and test cases
* Review user interfaces for conformity and functionality
* Efficiently execute test cases across all functional areas of our products
* Review product user interface for conformity to design guidelines
* Isolate, document, regress, and track bugs through resolution
* Interpret and report testing results, and be a vocal proponent for quality in every phase of the development process
* Work with Software Development Engineers to understand the overall technical architecture
* Triage issues, react well to changes, and work with teams
Fire OS supports all Android devices that are built at Amazon. The supported devices include Tablets, TV, and many more products. What will you help us create?
Work hard. Have fun. Make history.
Using a combination of open source and proprietary technologies, we build cutting-edge devices for media consumption, whether mobile or in the home.
As a strong customer advocate, you will help own media technologies and quality end to end (E2E). You will work with internal and external partners to deliver the best in class devices, and will research new technologies, develop new tools and help define processes to build the media stack of our devices.
We are looking for a talented, detail-oriented and enthusiastic Software Development Engineer who is passionate about quality and is enthusiastic about new digital products. The person chosen for this position will have the opportunity to contribute their creative ideas and energy to our group.
Duties include research, design, implementation, documentation, and maintenance of new and existing systems and the creation of software services and tools to drive the software development process towards higher quality.
As a Software Engineer, you will take part in the implementation and customization of software, working closely with application teams to delivering the media core engine. You will be working on cutting edge technologies in the market today. The development will be from the concept stage to the launch stage and ensuring the highest level of quality for your deliverables.
You will have an enormous opportunity to make a large impact on the design, architecture, and implementation of cutting edge products used every day, by people you know. In this role, you will:
- Be responsible for system architecture and development for new multimedia initiatives and feature development
- Investigate, prototype and deliver new and innovative system solutions
- Establish architectural principles, select design patterns and then mentor team members on their appropriate applications
Amazon Lab126 is an inventive research and development company that designs and engineers high-profile consumer electronics. Lab126 began in 2004 as a subsidiary of Amazon.com, Inc., originally creating the best-selling Kindle family of products. Since then, we have produced groundbreaking devices like Fire tablets, Fire TV and Amazon Echo. What will you help us create?
As a Wireless System Performance Engineer, you will have the opportunity to work closely with both hardware and software design teams to come up with test requirements and specifications. You will be validating Wireless Performance of variety of wireless products.
Are you an IT Leader that has helped transform a large organization using public cloud platforms? Can you work equally well with executives and technologists, leading high-visibility, high-impact projects that are technically broad and deep? Are you excited about introducing lean transformation models to traditional enterprise organizations? Do you have experience leading business transformation across diverse enterprise teams driving change and business value at enterprise scale?
At Amazon Web Services (AWS), we're hiring Enterprise Transformation Architects to work with top-tier Fortune 500 customers and their partners in transforming their organization and IT landscape. ISA engage with customers to understand their business drivers, assess application portfolios and develop blueprints for enterprise operating models, ultimately driving adoption of the AWS platform in large Enterprises.
An ISA works with AWS R&D, Architecture team and industry team closely. ISAs would work out industry transformation blueprint, first-of-a-kind industry solutions, key accounts architectural initiatives and would lead cross team AWS resources for execution. ISA would also own the ‘people and process’ transformation engagements in key accounts, and the corresponding executive relationships (e.g. CTO, CIO, Director of Cloud Strategy, etc.). In addition, ISAs should have the ability to take on mentoring of new members on the team or other groups based their area of depth and expertise.
We are looking for someone who is passionate about:
· Engaging with C-level executives to define and execute on Enterprise cloud strategies.
· Establishing shared service centers and Centers of Excellence for Cloud operations.
· Identifying motivators for cloud adoption and unlocking Enterprise challenges.
· Assist in defining enterprise operating models for AWS and driving buy-in across complex organization structures.
· Design long-term industry cloud blueprint and valuable assets
· Lead key accounts lifelong cloud transformation and innovation projects
· Assist with cost/benefit modeling and creating compelling business cases/total cost of ownership studies for migration.
· Soliciting feedback from Enterprise customers and influencing future iterations of the AWS platform.
· Analyzing application portfolios, identifying dependencies & common infrastructure platform components, and assessing migration feasibility.
· Defining and executing on the strategy by engaging highly technical teams (Solutions Architects, Technical Account Managers, AWS professional services consultants and consulting/managed services partners).
This role is a senior role in the Solutions Architecture organization at AWS. This role provides a unique opportunity to lead innovations and transformational change with large Enterprise customers in their journey to cloud.
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is a highly reliable, scalable, low-cost infrastructure platform in the cloud that powers hundreds of thousands of enterprise, government and start-up business and organizations in over 190 countries around the world. Launched in 2006, Amazon Web Services officially began offering developer customers access to web services – now widely known as cloud computing – based on Amazon’s own back-end technology platform.
Using AWS, developers and businesses across all sizes can take advantage of Amazon's expertise and economies of scale to access resources when their business needs them, delivering results faster and at a lower cost. AWS cloud helps customers saves substantial costs and time by eliminating their day-to-day management hassle of running their physical datacenters so that they can focus on their core competence. We have a team of personnel who educate and support our customers in the best practices of using cloud services. The team at AWS is committed to providing developers and businesses with tools and services to make their business agile and more efficient.
Do you like helping customers solve technical problems? Would you like to do this using the latest cloud computing technologies? Do you have a knack for helping companies understand infrastructure & application architectures including the integration approaches? Do you thrive for the chance to be consultative while leading the launch of a project on a trajectory to success? Do you want to be part of the business development team helping to establish Amazon Web Services as a leading technology platform?
As a Solutions Architect within Amazon Web Services (AWS), you will have the opportunity to help shape and deliver on a strategy to build mind share and broad use of Amazon’s utility computing web services (Amazon SimpleDB, Amazon S3, Amazon EC2, and Amazon SQS) within strategic accounts.
Your broad responsibilities will include: owning the technical engagement and ultimate success around specific implementation projects, and developing a deep expertise in the AWS technologies as well as broad know-how around how applications and services are constructed using the AWS platform.
The ideal candidate will posses customer facing skills that will allow them to represent Amazon well within a customer’s environment and drive discussions with senior personnel within the company, as well as a technical background that enables them to easily interact and give guidance to software developers and architects. He/she should also have a demonstrated ability to think strategically about business, product, and technical challenges.
· Serve as a key technical member of the Business Development team in helping to ensure customer success in building applications and services on the AWS platform.
· Scope each customer engagement, with attention towards clear and well-defined objectives and success criteria.
· Own each technical engagement, and help ensure a timely and successful delivery of value. (delivery of actual solutions to be done by AWS partners)
· Capture and share best-practice knowledge amongst the solution architect community.
· Understand the AWS market segments, customer base, and industry verticals.
· Understand and exploit the use of salesforce.com and other internal Amazon systems
Are you interested in making history and building an Amazon service?
Amazon is working on a service to fill the unmet needs of a large segment of new and prospective customers. We are looking for a passionate Principal Solutions Architect to help us build the service from the ground up.
The ideal candidate will need to demonstrate:
- Deep technical skill in simulation and software architecture
- Design Customer Solutions - Collaborate with the wider Amazon teams to help customers and partners architect solutions that leverage Amazon Services
- Customer facing skills allowing them to represent Amazon in discussions with senior personnel
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically about solutions to business, product, and technical challenges.
- Devise Strategy - Engage with Solution Architects, Account Managers Professional Services and Partners to define an Engagement strategy for operational territories and key accounts.
- Awareness of technology trends and how they impact businesses
- Thought Leadership - Provide thought leadership on solutions that benefit customers through the use of Amazon services. This takes the form of contribution to external publications such as the whitepapers and reference architectures
- Assist solution providers with the definition and implementation of technical and business strategies.
- Capture and share best-practice knowledge amongst the worldwide Amazon solution architect community
- Understand Amazon market segments, and industry verticals.
- Understand and exploit the use of internal business support systems.
To be successful in this role, you must have the aptitude to work within a fast moving, startup environment in a large company to rapidly deliver services that have a broad business impact.
We’re a new team within the Relational Database Service (RDS) team at AWS working on developing a brand new massively distributed database offering. RDS is one of the fastest-growing businesses at Amazon. We provide automated relational database management in the cloud. It takes care of complex administrative tasks such as scaling, fail-over, and monitoring thus allowing our customers to spend their time focusing on their core business. Providing such simplified management for customers comes with the of building sophisticated and reliable control systems.
At RDS we build lots of different systems, like high-performance OLTP components; distributed in-memory stores; large-scale, high-throughput workflow services; etc. We work up and down the stack, all the way from kernel-level modules to UX components leveraging several AWS services and open-source components.
This position is on an exciting new team building a highly available, very scalable, high performance database offering. This is a great opportunity to build a new platform from grounds up and influence the architecture and capabilities in its first iteration. We have the need for low-level systems C programmers, mid-tier high performance C++ developers, and distributed systems Java wizards.
We are looking for developers who can Amazon RDS and AWS as a whole to help drive the overall technical architecture for RDS. You will also be responsible for defining the development standards, mentoring junior engineers and hiring for the team. You will work with business and other AWS teams and translate the requirements to technical deliverables and guide the team through the actual launch.
A successful applicant must possess excellent software development skills, working knowledge of relational databases and distributed systems. Ability to learn new skills and concepts rapidly and work is essential. Candidates need to have a strong sense of ownership, passion to provide great customer experience and excellent troubleshooting skills even when in high-pressure situations.
Fire TV is the #1 best-selling streaming media player is the US – a tiny box that connects your HDTV to a world of online content. This is an opportunity to join Fire TV Discovery Team focused on connecting customers with entertaining and engaging content.
We are looking for strong dynamic SDE who thrive in a fast paced start-up like environment, love to learn new technologies and dive deep to own and invent the future. You have the chance to help develop a new generation of product from the very early stages.
We are building a personalized discovery experience across categories of digital entertainment, including the most popular video catalogs from the likes of Amazon Video, Netflix and HBO, internet videos, apps & games, and music. Our technology stack is powered by Java-based services, AWS services (such as Amazon RODB and Amazon EMR).
We are looking for Software Development Engineer with a strong technical background and a passion for recommendation technologies and digital entertainment. If you were to join today, you’d get an opportunity to:
- Bring new content to Fire TV through browse;
- Leverage a big data & analytics pipeline to gain insight into content browse patterns and engagement measurement;
- Continuously improve the discovery experience and relevance by experimenting with new features and algorithms, and measuring their impact by A/B testing
- Build a video catalog discovery platform including merchandising that can be leveraged by other teams in Fire TV to improve the overall product experience
The Fire tablets team is looking for a Senior Product Manager to lead and drive the product roadmap for our Fire tablets software platform. You will help shape software strategy while driving engineering and features based on this vision. We are looking for someone who is customer focused and mobile technology savvy with a passion for consumer devices and software.
A successful candidate will be highly analytical and resourceful with the ability to work closely with cross-functional teams including: design, engineering, program management, business development, marketing, finance and more to deliver simple and useful experiences for our customers.
- Lead product roadmap and strategy for the Fire tablets software platform
- Work closely with senior management and engineering leadership to develop and deliver innovative consumer digital products
- Partner with key stakeholders to define product strategy while supporting metrics required to deliver a best-in-class mobile experience
- Engage with cross-functional teams to bring new digital products to market
- Create buy-in for product vision both internally and externally and evangelize that vision within the organization
- Develop detailed business requirements that can be used to create product specifications and design
- Manage prioritization and trade-offs for customer experience, performance and features
- Manage delivery of current products concurrently with future product planning
- Drive projects, product and feature launches with teams inside and outside of the Amazon
This position is for a Senior Software Engineer that will develop software for new services and will work with teams both within Amazon and externally to architect solutions that enable the use of these new services. This role will ensure we will meet our customer needs by working with the broad Amazon community to help understand their use cases and will bring their evolving directions and trends into the product.