Here are our current job openings. Please view the details for more information, and apply from that page if you are interested.
Use the criteria below to search within our open positions. Make multiple selections by pressing the Ctrl key (or Command key if using a Mac) and clicking your choice.
Click column header to sort
At the intersection of AI and natural language understanding, voice-assistant technology is one of the most exciting industries to work in today. Part of its appeal lies in a relatively undefined scope: the nature of a nascent market dictates challenges and opportunity often lacking in more developed fields. We regularly face exciting challenges, like how to give different answers to the same question based on a customer's location, or how to recognize a customer's favorite team.
At Alexa, we work to solve these problems every day. Alexa is Amazon's cloud-based voice service, an intelligent assistant that powers groundbreaking devices such as Echo and FireTV. As well as influencing how customers interact with devices in their home, Alexa is shaping the way knowledge is consumed.
That's where you come in. We're looking for a Knowledge Engineer to join us in sunny Santa Barbara and help us expand Alexa's knowledge base for our Politics team. As a Knowledge Engineer, you will be responsible for identifying opportunities to improve the product, obtaining and structuring data, and using that data to create delightful voice and multimedia experiences for Alexa customers. Your goal is to make Alexa the smartest virtual assistant in the world, specifically making that a reality for anything and everything politics. We're looking for someone that has a background and passion for politics, global government structure, and most importantly, making political data easily accessible to the world.
About the Politics Vertical:
Ever wondered when George Washington became president, or who ran for president in 1964? Have you been itching to know who won the last election in India, or what your representative tweeted today? On the politics team, these are the types of questions that we strive to answer for our customers. Our goal is to become the premier source for all things politics, and we need your help!
In this role, you will:
- Identify new content opportunities within Alexa to fill gaps in our understanding
- Leverage your expertise in political facts to innovate on behalf of Alexa, enriching the ways customers receive information
- Ingest and structure data to expand Alexa’s ability to understand and answer questions for the Politics vertical
- Closely monitor specific KPIs and drive improvements in query success
- Partner with software developers, product managers, and business leaders to enhance Alexa's key functions worldwide
- Develop and manage complex data pipelines
- Have the opportunity to drive new customer experiences, all the way from ideation to launch
This position is for a Senior Software Engineer that will lead the development of new debugger, profiling and developement tools for an entirely new architecture. This candidate must have had experience leading compiler and/or debugger projects, preferably starting from architecture through several generations of delivery to customers. Deep knowledge of profiling and optimization, resource management, scheduling, code generation and optimization are needed. The ideal candidate will have worked on new instruction set architectures, which may include CPU, NPU, GPU and other forms of compute.
This engineer will lead the design and implementation of this new toolset, and will help to lead a team of other senior engineers. This engineer will work with compiler developers, system architects, hardware engineers and external users both within and external to Amazon to ensure this new toolset can work with existing environments and will ensure existing programming paradigms and semantics can be maintained.
Senior Compiler Development Engineer
This is a fast-paced, intellectually challenging position, and you’ll work with thought leaders in multiple technology areas. You will help us to develop a brand new compiler (from scratch) for an exciting new project, defining the software architecture and implementing major blocks. You will work with system architects, hardware engineers and external users both within and external to Amazon to ensure this new compiler can work with existing environments and will ensure existing programming paradigms and semantics can be maintained.
Help bring the magic of Alexa to Fire TV!
The Amazon Kindle, Fire tablets, Echo and Fire TV are revolutionary consumer devices that have become the #1 best-selling Amazon products. They are among the most innovative and fastest growing businesses at both Amazon and the entire consumer electronics industry.
Imagine being able to drive the architecture and design of voice. Imagine working in voice modeling and enabling new voice experiences for FTV. Imagine the opportunity to work in a wide variety of technologies across the FTV and Alexa ecosystem. If you can imagine any of these, then you WANT to work on this team because we’re making them reality, and we’ve only just begun! We are a highly innovative team that is building new customer experiences on the full voice stack from client to services. We work with many teams and technologies…and we’re never bored!
This is an enormous opportunity to lead the design, architecture, and implementation of products used every day by people you know and to work across leading-edge technologies in the voice field. Help bring the magic of Alexa to Fire TV!
Amazon Lab126 is an inventive research and development company that designs and engineers high-profile consumer electronics. Lab126 began in 2004 as a subsidiary of Amazon.com, Inc., originally creating the best-selling Kindle family of products. Since then, we have produced groundbreaking devices like Fire tablets, Fire TV and Amazon Echo. What will you help us create?
Operations Program Specialist (OPS) will support the new product introduction Operations Team. This team primarily focuses on the production of new and great tablets but also supports other product lines. The OPS is responsible for the managing many critical items including, but not limited to PLM, project documentation, bills of materials, allocations and engineering change orders. The OPS will also be responsible for representing operations in all internal and external communications for the above listed domains. This role will require working with internal teams and external contract manufacturers in China to coordinate the creation of new tablets for Amazon Customers.
The Amazon Devices team designs and engineers high-profile consumer electronics such as the Alexa devices. We have also produced groundbreaking devices like Fire tablets, Fire TV, and Amazon E-Readers.
What will you help us create?
Do you have a passion for consumer electronics? Do you want to enhance the quality of software for the latest Alexa devices, tablets, e-readers, and the back-end infrastructure that supports them? If so, the Device Software & Services (DS2) Demo team needs you! We are working on best-in-class demo retail demo experiences for the broad family of Amazon devices. We work on interesting projects, strive for a great work-life balance and have fun working on the latest devices before they hit the stores!
If you are a talented, detail-oriented, and enthusiastic Quality Assurance Engineer who is passionate about quality and delivering the best customer service, then we want to hear from you!
- Development of test strategies and creation of appropriate test harnesses.
- Work with a team of quality engineering professions to ensure the highest quality product delivery.
- Work with developers to identify the root cause and resolve issues.
- Use professional software engineering practices & best practices, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations.
- Communicate with internal/external teams and management on requirements and status updates.
- Work in test driven development and establish test infrastructures
- Automate the validation of user interfaces.
- Interact and coordinate test activities among multiple teams
- Excellent communication, collaboration, reporting, analytical and problem solving skills.
Amazon Web Services provides a highly reliable, scalable, low-cost infrastructure platform in the cloud that powers hundreds of thousands of businesses in 190 countries around the world. We have data center locations in the U.S., Europe, Singapore, and Japan, and customers across all industries. We are seeking experienced Hardware Design Engineers to work with partners and vendor and build the next generation of our cloud server infrastructure. Our success depends on our world-class server infrastructure; we’re handling massive scale and rapid integration of emergent technologies.
As a member of the Silicon Optimization Engineering Team you’ll be responsible for the design and optimization of hardware in our data centers. You’ll provide leadership in the application of new technologies to large scale server deployments in a continuous effort to deliver a world-class customer experience. This is a fast-paced, intellectually challenging position, and you’ll work with thought leaders in multiple technology areas. You’ll have relentlessly high standards for yourself and everyone you work with, and you’ll be constantly looking for ways to improve your products performance, quality and cost. We’re changing an industry, and we want individuals who are ready for this challenge and want to reach beyond what is possible today.
• Develop, implement and verify state-of-the-art Design for Test (DFT) architectures
• Work with block designers to integrate DFT implementations
• Work with physical design team to setup and implement DFT insertion flow
• Perform RTL coding and Verification
• Perform ATPG analysis and pattern generation
• Participate in test plan and coverage reviews
• Participate in Silicon debug and write scripts to effectively handle ATE related data
• Communicate and work with team members across multiple disciplines
At Amazon Web Services, we like to “work backwards”: start by understanding what customers need and using that to guide our engineering. We’re looking for systems engineers passionate and experienced in listening to customers, synthesizing their needs, and rapidly iterating our services to quickly put features into customers’ hands. Whether it’s an improvement to an existing feature, or a radically new idea, we have consistently executed to deliver on these ideas.
Amazon has a fast-paced environment where we “Work Hard, Have Fun, Make History.” On a “typical” day, systems engineers might whip up a prototype to prove or disprove an idea, instrument code, talk with customers, code up a feature, or draft a proposal for a radical new idea.
You'll be part of a world-class team in a fast-paced environment that has the entrepreneurial feel of a start-up. You will be responsible for developing technologies that improve the performance and reduce the cost of our services that can span prototyping ideas in a hypervisor to diving deep into an application and understanding how we can optimize its performance on our hardware. You’ll collaborate with a range of AWS teams to develop and deploy comprehensive AWS solutions incorporating these technologies.
- Work with a range of AWS teams like EC2, RDS, Redshift, and Lambda
- Measure performance of workloads across different system configurations
- Identify performance bottlenecks using profilers and performance counters
- Modify applications, kernel and/or hypervisor to address identified bottlenecks
- Prototype features in Linux to improve AWS and vendors hardware
- Provide input into the next generation of hardware
Amazon Web Services (AWS) provides companies of all sizes with an infrastructure web services platform in the cloud. With AWS, you can requisition compute power, storage, and other services – paying as you go for only the resources you need. Amazon Redshift is rapidly growing, fast and powerful, fully managed, petabyte-scale data warehouse service in the cloud. It enables customers to dramatically increase their query performance when virtually any size data set using the same SQL-based business intelligence tools they use today. They can launch a fully operational service with a few clicks for as low as under $1000 per terabyte per year. Amazon Redshift manages all the work needed to set up, operate, and scale a data warehouse, from provisioning capacity and installing software to monitoring and backing up the cluster, to applying patches and upgrades. By automating these labor-intensive tasks, Amazon Redshift enables customers to spend their time focusing on their data and business insights, rather than on procuring and managing infrastructure.
Joining the Amazon Redshift team gives you the opportunity to:
- Work on a disruptive product that’s still in its early stages
- Solve problems that will revolutionize database computing in the cloud
- Build a product that will leverage the scale of resources available in the cloud
- Work for a company that’s a recognized in the cloud computing space
- Be involved in the fast growing, big data space
We are looking for developers with expertise and passion for building large scale distributed systems. Experience with parallel query optimization and execution, large scale data highly available/fault tolerant systems, replicated data storage, and operating complex services running in the cloud are all pluses.
In this role, you will have responsibility for:
- Translating functional and technical requirements into detailed architecture and design
- Coding and testing complex system components
- Participating in code and design reviews to maintain our high development standards
- Working with other teams to deliver and operate large scale, distributed services in the cloud
- Overall system architecture, scalability, reliability, and performance
- Mentoring other engineers, defining our technical culture, and helping to build a fast-growing team
Amazon Lab126 is an inventive research and development company that designs and engineers high-profile consumer electronics. Lab126 began in 2004 as a subsidiary of Amazon.com, Inc., originally creating the best-selling Kindle family of products. Since then, we have produced groundbreaking devices like Fire tablets, Fire TV, and Amazon Echo. What will you help us create?
Work hard. Have fun. Make history.
The Data Engineer should be an expert familiar with all of the data warehousing technical components (e.g. ETL, Reporting, Data Model), infrastructure (e.g. hardware and software) and their integration. The ideal candidate will be responsible for developing overall architecture and high level design. The candidate must have extensive experience with Star Schemas, Dimensional Models, and Datamarts. The individual is expected to build efficient, flexible, extensible, and scalable ETL design and mappings. Excellent written and verbal communication skills are required as the candidate will work very closely with diverse teams.
- Apply broad knowledge of technology options, technology platforms, design techniques and approaches across the data warehouse life cycle phases to design an integrated, quality solution to address the business requirements
- Meet and collaborate with business users on requirements, objectives and measures
- Design the technology infrastructure across all technical environments
- Ensure completeness and compatibility of the technical infrastructure to support system performance, availability and architecture requirements
- Design and plans for the integration for all data warehouse technical components
- Provide input and recommendations on technical issues to the project manager
- Responsible for data design, data extracts and transforms
- Develop the implementation and operation support plans