Here are our current job openings. Please view the details for more information, and apply from that page if you are interested.
Use the criteria below to search within our open positions. Make multiple selections by pressing the Ctrl key (or Command key if using a Mac) and clicking your choice.
Click column header to sort
Amazon Web Services (AWS) provides companies of all sizes with an infrastructure web services platform in the cloud. With AWS, you can requisition compute power, storage, and other services – paying as you go for only the resources you need. Amazon Redshift is rapidly growing, fast and powerful, fully managed, petabyte-scale data warehouse service in the cloud. It enables customers to dramatically increase their query performance when analyzing virtually any size data set using the same SQL-based business intelligence tools they use today. They can launch a fully operational service with a few clicks for as low as under $1000 per terabyte per year. Amazon Redshift manages all the work needed to set up, operate, and scale a data warehouse, from provisioning capacity and installing software to monitoring and backing up the cluster, to applying patches and upgrades. By automating these labor-intensive tasks, Amazon Redshift enables customers to spend their time focusing on their data and business insights, rather than on procuring and managing infrastructure.
Joining the Amazon Redshift team gives you the opportunity to:
- Work on a disruptive product that’s still in its early stages
- Solve challenging problems that will revolutionize database computing in the cloud
- Build a product that will leverage the scale of resources available in the cloud
- Work for a company that’s a recognized leader in the cloud computing space
- Be involved in the fast growing, big data space
We are looking for developers with expertise and passion for building large scale distributed systems. Experience with parallel query optimization and execution, large scale data analytics, highly available/fault tolerant systems, replicated data storage, and operating complex services running in the cloud are all pluses.
In this role, you will have responsibility for:
- Translating functional and technical requirements into detailed architecture and design
- Coding and testing complex system components
- Participating in code and design reviews to maintain our high development standards
- Working with other teams to deliver and operate large scale, distributed services in the cloud
- Overall system architecture, scalability, reliability, and performance
- Mentoring other engineers, defining our challenging technical culture, and helping to build a fast-growing team
As a Financial Analyst in Amazon Devices you will have the opportunity to join one of the most exciting businesses at Amazon in a role that involves full P&L support for products that delight our customers. You will be a part of a fast-paced, results-oriented environment, where finance has the ability to influence the decisions of senior business leaders through in-depth financial analysis, logical reasoning, and effective verbal and written communication. This role is inherently cross-functional, working closely with product management, marketing, engineering, operations, and other functional teams to solve complex product development problems in a dynamic, team-oriented setting.
The successful candidate will have a passion for providing data-based decision making and have the ability to effectively manage the financial responsibilities of a new and growing business. This candidate will have solid business judgment, strong conviction to defend his/her analysis, and a proven ability to take effective, independent action to improve the business’ overall performance while always upholding the highest level of integrity.
Primary responsibilities include:
• Tracking and analyzing data to identify business drivers
• Building automated dashboards and help support weekly/monthly/quarterly/annual reporting
• Supporting annual planning, monthly/quarterly forecasting and month end close activities
• Communicating and working closely with internal and external partners to develop integrated reporting processes
• Analyzing business metrics to identify trends and working with business owners to set up improvement initiatives
• Ensuring data integrity across a broad set of business and customer metrics
• Driving Business Process implementation and improvement
This position is for a Software Engineer that will develop software for new services and will work with teams both within Amazon and externally to architect solutions that enable the use of these new services. This role will ensure we will meet our customer needs by working with the broad Amazon community to help understand their use cases and will bring their evolving directions and trends into the product.
Amazon is looking for a passionate, talented, and inventive Scientist with a strong machine learning background to help build industry-leading Natural Language Understanding (NLU) solutions. Our mission is to push the envelope in NLU and Entity Resolution (ER) technologies to provide the best possible experience for our customers. Products such as Amazon Echo, Echo Show, Echo Look, Amazon Dash, and Fire TV are illustrative of the user-delighting spoken language solutions Amazon is building.
As a Scientist on our team, you will collaborate with other scientists and software engineers to research and develop novel algorithms and modeling techniques to advance the state of the art in NLU and ER. Your work will directly impact our customers in the form of products and services that make use of speech and language technology. You will leverage Amazon’s heterogeneous data sources and large-scale computing resources to accelerate advances in natural language understanding.
· Participate in the design, development, evaluation, deployment of data-driven machine-learned (ML) models targeting NLU and ER applications.
· Develop and apply statistical modeling techniques (e.g. Bayesian models and deep neural networks), optimization methods, and other ML techniques to different applications in business and engineering.
· Routinely build and deploy ML models on available data.
· Research and implement novel ML and statistical approaches to add value to the business. Mentor engineers and scientists.
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is a highly reliable, scalable, low-cost infrastructure platform in the cloud that powers hundreds of thousands of enterprise, government and start-up business and organizations in over 190 countries around the world. Launched in 2006, Amazon Web Services officially began offering developer customers access to web services – now widely known as cloud computing – based on Amazon’s own back-end technology platform.
Using AWS, developers and businesses across all sizes can take advantage of Amazon's expertise and economies of scale to access resources when their business needs them, delivering results faster and at a lower cost. AWS cloud helps customers saves substantial costs and time by eliminating their day-to-day management hassle of running their physical datacenters so that they can focus on their core competence. We have a team of personnel who educate and support our customers in the best practices of using cloud services. The team at AWS is committed to providing developers and businesses with tools and services to make their business agile and more efficient.
Do you like helping customers solve technical problems? Would you like to do this using the latest cloud computing technologies? Do you have a knack for helping companies understand infrastructure & application architectures including the integration approaches? Do you thrive for the chance to be consultative while leading the launch of a project on a trajectory to success? Do you want to be part of the business development team helping to establish Amazon Web Services as a leading technology platform?
As a Solutions Architect within Amazon Web Services (AWS), you will have the opportunity to help shape and deliver on a strategy to build mind share and broad use of Amazon’s utility computing web services (Amazon SimpleDB, Amazon S3, Amazon EC2, and Amazon SQS) within strategic accounts.
Your broad responsibilities will include: owning the technical engagement and ultimate success around specific implementation projects, and developing a deep expertise in the AWS technologies as well as broad know-how around how applications and services are constructed using the AWS platform.
The ideal candidate will posses customer facing skills that will allow them to represent Amazon well within a customer’s environment and drive discussions with senior personnel within the company, as well as a technical background that enables them to easily interact and give guidance to software developers and architects. He/she should also have a demonstrated ability to think strategically about business, product, and technical challenges.
· Serve as a key technical member of the Business Development team in helping to ensure customer success in building applications and services on the AWS platform.
· Scope each customer engagement, with attention towards clear and well-defined objectives and success criteria.
· Own each technical engagement, and help ensure a timely and successful delivery of value. (delivery of actual solutions to be done by AWS partners)
· Capture and share best-practice knowledge amongst the solution architect community.
· Understand the AWS market segments, customer base, and industry verticals.
· Understand and exploit the use of salesforce.com and other internal Amazon systems
The digital revolution is changing everything. This disruption is occurring everywhere, fueled by a rapidly growing technology stack that will impact virtually any industry, from consumer products, retail and healthcare to highly complex industrial engineering like automotive and aerospace. AWS is uniquely positioned to help our customers build the agility required to compete in these evolving marketplaces.
Core to Amazon’s innovation DNA is its methodology around executing experiments and prototypes to find the quickest and cheapest way to prove new ideas, technologies and business models in a real-world environment. Our Digital Innovation program is designed to help our customers leverage this new way of working to deliver tangible solutions using lean principles, iterative agile development, multi- functional teams and lightweight development concepts like micro services on the cloud.
The role of the Prototyping Solution Architect will apply these methods to assemble and deliver solutions for the world’s leading clients. Do you have an entrepreneurial mindset, constantly challenge the norm and looking for better solutions? Do you have a Lean startup mentality with a good imagination and startup commercial acumen? Are you passionate about technology, understand digital architectures & platforms and quick to pick up emerging technologies? Have you built a reputation for innovation and driving projects across the lifecycle to completion? Do you like to creatively solve business problems? Do you naturally build strong relationships with colleagues and work collaboratively to bring solutions to the market?
Amazon is seeking an outstanding Architect/Engineer to join the AWS Solutions Architecture team to support our rapidly growing and dynamic business. As part of an agile digital development team you will support AWS customers to develop prototypes specific to their articulated strategic vision for new products and services. So, if you are someone who innovates, likes solving hard problems and working on cutting edge technology, we would love to have you on the team! You will be a part of the prototyping team of cross functional designers and developers supporting AWS customers to build rapid MVP experiments adapted to their specific, innovation focused, use cases. The job is based in Beijing/Shanghai and will cover the Great China region, with significant traveling to customer sites
Amazon Lab126 is an inventive research and development company that designs and engineers high-profile consumer electronics. Lab126 began in 2004 as a subsidiary of Amazon.com, Inc., originally creating the best-selling Kindle family of products. Since then, we have produced groundbreaking devices like Fire tablets, Fire TV, and Amazon Echo. What will you help us create?
We are a smart team of doers that work passionately to solve real-world challenges that will transform our customers’ experiences in ways we can’t even imagine yet.
· Contribute to the design of useful, usable, and desirable user interfaces in a team environment.
· Create user-centered designs by considering market segment analysis, customer feedback, site metrics, and usability findings.
· Contribute to the brand experience, visual communication, and marketing design initiatives.
· Use business requirements and customer research to assist in developing scenarios, use cases, and high-level requirements.
· Design the visual style, interface, and interaction flow of applications and experiences,
· Drive the design review cycle and close on design requirements independently.
· Develop conceptual diagrams, wireframes, visual mockups, click-throughs, and prototypes.
· Develop and maintain detailed user-interface specifications and design patterns.
· Present design work to the user experience team, product team, and Amazon executives for review and feedback.
Alexa is the groundbreaking, cloud-based intelligent agent that powers Echo and other devices designed around your voice. Our mission is to push the envelope in Artificial Intelligence (AI), Natural Language Understanding (NLU), Machine Learning (ML), Dialog Management, Automatic Speech Recognition (ASR), and Audio Signal Processing, in order to provide the best-possible experience for our customers.We’re looking for a Software Development Manager to help build industry-leading conversational technologies that customers will love.
As a Software Development Manager for the Alexa team, you will be responsible for leading a team of research engineers and driving the design, development, testing, and deployment of large-scale interactive systems from AI and NLU research initiatives. A successful candidate will have an established background in managing the development of existing code, scaling systems with large data sets, automation, developing customer-facing experiences, and delivering results in a fast-paced environment. Additional responsibilities include:
- Hiring, developing, and mentoring researcher engineers, and managing the day-to-day activities of the engineering team in an Agile/Scrum environment
- Working closely with engineers to architect and develop the best technical designs and implementations of advanced AI algorithms
- Owning the strategic planning and project execution for long-term engineering projects, creating value for our customers
- Managing the overall systems development life cycle
- Communicating effectively with senior management as well as with colleagues from research teams, software engineering teams, and other technical and business teams
- Regular reporting on the status of development, quality, operations, and system performance to management
Amazon Lab126 is an inventive research and development company that designs and engineers high-profile consumer electronics. Lab126 began in 2004 as a subsidiary of Amazon.com, Inc., originally creating the best-selling Kindle family of products. Since then, we have produced groundbreaking devices like Fire tablets, Fire TV and Amazon Echo. What will you help us create?
As a Senior Technical Program Manager, you will engage with an experienced cross-disciplinary staff to conceive and design innovative consumer products. In this role, you will:
* Work with key stakeholders in product management and executive teams to define strategy and requirements
* Lead cross functional development on new technology from design through delivery
* Work with remote teams to deliver supporting software and services in sync with launch timelines
* Communicate regularly with senior management on status, risks and change control To learn more about Technical Program Management, click here: http://amzn.to/2ieLRRn
Interested in Machine Learning, and empowering the world to do more and better machine Learning? With Amazon SageMaker, Amazon Web Service's (AWS) Machine Learning platform team is building customer-facing services to catalyze data scientists and software engineers in their machine learning endeavors. This product is a blend of HTTP API's, low and high-level SDK's, and an AWS Console UI. .
As part of the ML Platform Frontend team, you will design, implement, test, document, and deliver the user experiences for our new AWS machine learning services. This can involve innovative UI's and further down the stack at the webserver/API layer. You'll assist in gathering and analyzing business and functional requirements, and translate requirements into technical specifications for robust, scalable, supportable solutions that work well within the overall system architecture. You will serve as a key technical resource in the full development cycle, from conception to delivery and maintenance. You will produce comprehensive, usable software documentation; recommend changes in development, maintenance and system standards. You will own delivery of entire piece of the system and serve as technical lead on complex projects using best practice engineering standards, and hire/mentor junior development engineers.
We're moving fast, and this is a great team to come to to have a huge impact on AWS and the world's customers we serve!