Here are our current job openings. Please view the details for more information, and apply from that page if you are interested.
Use the criteria below to search within our open positions. Make multiple selections by pressing the Ctrl key (or Command key if using a Mac) and clicking your choice.
Click column header to sort
Alexa is Amazon’s groundbreaking voice service designed for voice interactions. We believe voice is the most natural interface for interacting with technology across many domains. We are looking for a Machine Learning Data Associate to join our Information Data Operations (IDO) team located in beautiful Santa Barbara, CA.
As a Machine Learning Data Associate, you are responsible for writing, researching and delivering high quality data for internal and external customers. You will learn and master workflow guidelines to hit deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
This role focuses on language data, primarily in the areas of writing and general data analysis deliverables. The Associate must be capable of:
- Writing high quality and engaging copy
- Understanding how people use language to convey meaning
- Delivering high quality work under aggressive deadlines
- Translating established guidelines into daily work practices
- Working autonomously with minimal direction
- Handling unique data analysis requests from a range of customers
The ideal Machine Learning Data Associate:
- Possesses strong grammar and writing skills
- Utilizes excellent communication and organizational skills
- Exhibits extreme attention to detail
- Demonstrates willingness to support several projects at one time, and to accept re-prioritization as necessary
- Adapts quickly to keep up with changing project conventions and new projects
Amazon Lab126 is an inventive research and development company that designs and engineers high-profile consumer electronic devices. Lab126 began in 2004 as a subsidiary of Amazon.com, originally creating the best-selling Kindle family of products. Since then, we have produced groundbreaking devices like the Fire tablets, Fire TVs, and Amazon Echoes. What will you help us create?
Work hard. Have fun. Make history.
As a Sr. System Integrity Electrical Engineer you lead the charge in identifying what can go wrong and best ways to accommodate it in electrical design. System Integrity engineers work to apply customer use cases to products ensuring safety, reliability, and customer experience by design.
System Integrity engineers work on multiple products starting in early concept with architecture and continuing through volume prototypes. We work backwards from real customer use cases and ensure the device achieves the desired behavior. You will develop methodologies for battery charging, electrical surge suppression, drop detection, esd mitigation, electronic control & feedback, and more...
Sr System Integrity engineers work independently to identify systemic or emerging design challenges facing customer use scenarios, develop a deep understanding of the issue, brainstorm mitigation methodologies, deploy improvements to products, and specificity test procedures to validate the improvement. One such example is: When a device is dropped in the ocean, how will it know? What will it do? What should it do?
This position is an electrical engineering position, however you will daily interact with teams for firmware, mechanical, thermal, manufacturing, and software.
Amazon and its Lab126 subsidiary are pushing the design and engineering envelope with high-profile consumer electronic devices like Echo and Kindle as well as with infrastructure programs like Prime Air, Amazon Go and robotics. These innovative hardware programs are bringing a new level of satisfaction to Amazon customers.
What will you help us create?
Work hard. Have fun. Make history.
As a Materials and Failure Analysis Engineer, you will be responsible for four main areas of focus: first, working with design engineers to measure and characterize the properties of cutting-edge materials. Second, to rapidly determine the root cause of issues that we see in development, test and in the field. Third, to assist in the formal qualification of designs and materials. And fourth, you will advise on strategies to mitigate issues and make a direct impact to cutting-edge designs.
To enable this, you will be an expert in the following:
· A multitude of failure analysis techniques.
· A variety of materials like plastics, glass/ceramics, composites and metals.
· The set-up and operation of multiple analytical tools and techniques.
This position may require up to 10% international travel
The Amazon Devices team designs and engineers high-profile consumer electronics, including the best-selling Kindle family of products. We have also produced groundbreaking devices like Fire tablets, Fire TV, Amazon Dash, and Amazon Echo. What will you help us create?
Work hard. Have fun. Make history.
This is a unique technical leadership role where you will have the opportunity to influence, invent, and design system architecture across multiple product and technology spaces (Alexa devices, IoT devices, etc.). You will join a team whose mission is to ensure that state-of-the-art technologies that serve the customer can be supported via flexible software architectures, OS and Hardware Platform abstraction, testability, and scalability across multiple device types.
You will dive into an ambiguous problem spaces and meticulously distill out design choices, trade-offs, and priorities. You are data and metric driven, and obsessively concerned about performance in under resource constrained environments. You love to share best practices, influence and align teams, and be a technical ambassador for software reuse across the wider Amazon organization.
This role requires very strong verbal and written communication skills.
Amazon Web Services provides a highly reliable, scalable, low-cost infrastructure platform in the cloud that powers hundreds of thousands of businesses in 190 countries around the world. AWS is the pioneer in providing FPGA-as-a-service in the cloud. We are seeking experienced RTL Design Engineers to build the next generation of our cloud server platforms. Our success depends on our world-class infrastructure; we’re handling massive scale and rapid integration of emergent technologies.
As a member of the FPGA Acceleration Instances Team you’ll be responsible for the design and optimization of FPGA based hardware in our data centers including technologies such as AWS F1. The F1 Instance allows customers to provide Hardware Acceleration in the AWS Cloud. https://aws.amazon.com/ec2/instance-types/f1/
You’ll provide leadership in the application of new technologies to large scale deployments in a continuous effort to deliver a world-class customer experience. This is a fast-paced, intellectually challenging position, and you’ll work with thought-leaders in multiple technology areas. You’ll have relentlessly high standards for yourself and everyone you work with, and you’ll be constantly looking for ways to improve our products' performance, quality and cost. We’re changing an industry, and we want individuals who are ready for this challenge and want to reach beyond what is possible today.
- Create Microarchitectural definition
- RTL coding
- FPGA timing closure
- Collaborate with Software/Firmware teams on Software requirements.
- Support Verification and Validation through testplan reviews and joint debug
- Debug FPGA design at full system level in the AWS cloud and local machines
Have you ever wanted to work on state of the art computer vision, natural language processing and machine learning that will make a lasting impact on society?
We are looking for brilliant Machine Learning Software Development and Test Engineers who have the passion to tackle tough problems by bringing cutting edge deep learning technologies to consumer IoT products at Amazon!
· Create test plans and test cases for AWS cloud services and smart IoT devices
· Write test scripts and execute automation scripts across all functional areas
· Review product user interface for conformity to design guidelines
· Find, isolate, document and track bugs through resolution
· Interpret and report testing results, and be a vocal proponent for quality in every phase of the development process
· Leading and responsible for key feature’s quality
Interested in Amazon Echo? Love the Internet-of-things, Smart Home space? Help us deliver the Connected Home solutions for Amazon Echo. The Connected Home team is responsible for integrating your smart home devices with Alexa and bringing your home to life! We’re working hard, having fun, and making history.
You will be part of a team that is delivering features that are highly anticipated by media and well received by our customers.
QA Engineers test code through a variety of methods, which include: manual test cases, writing test automation, and use of various tools. Our QA Engineers use black box, gray box, and white box testing techniques; they are able to understand software internals, debug problems using log files, and write automated tests and/or user-level test automation tools. Software QA Engineers work with Software Development Engineers to understand features and technical implementation. Software QA Engineers also work with groups such as Product Management, User Experience Design, and Customer Support to understand customer usage models and develop test plans and test suites that approximate real-world environments and regression tests. Software QA Engineers are also responsible for driving the software development process toward quality-centric methodologies.
- Responsible for development of test strategies, test case creation, test automation, and contributions to appropriate test harnesses.
- Will work with a team of quality engineering professions to ensure the highest quality product delivery
- Evaluate product functionality and create test strategies and test cases to assess product quality.
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
- Experience developing in a Linux environment and in utilizing virtual machines
- Expert in software quality and testing methodologies
- Comfortable working in a fast paced, highly collaborative, dynamic work environment
Senior/Lead Software Developer (C++/SLAM/ROS) - Amazon Robotics - North Reading, MA (Boston, MA area)..
Amazon Robotics https://www.amazonrobotics.com/#/vision
As an Amazon Robotics Senior Software Engineer (C++/ROS/SLAM) on the Autonomous Mobility team, you will own key components of navigation, vision, control, and coordination for single and multi-agent systems. You will collaborate cross-functionally to define clear requirements, deliverables, and test cases in an exciting, highly innovative environment.
We’re working on the future. If you are seeking an iterative, fast-paced environment where you can drive innovation, apply state-of-the-art technologies to solve extreme-scale, real world challenges, and provide visible benefit to end-users, this is your opportunity.
Come work at Amazon!
As a Senior Antenna Engineer, you will engage with an experienced cross-disciplinary staff to conceive and design innovative products. You will work closely with an internal inter-disciplinary team and outside partners to drive key aspects of product definition, design, optimization, implementation and test.
In this role, you will be responsible for the development and integration of Antenna systems into products, including:
· Define antenna concepts and requirements during product definition
· Lead antenna design, optimization, implementation and validation
· Develop analysis tools on various types of antennas and antenna systems
· Develop interfaces to existing RF and antenna design tools
· Conduct trade-off analysis in collaboration with partner teams (RF, Mechanical, EE)
· Build and test active antenna prototypes and front-end circuits
Amazon Lab126 is an inventive research and development company that designs and engineers high-profile consumer electronics. Lab126 began in 2004 as a subsidiary of Amazon.com, Inc., originally creating the best-selling Kindle family of products. Since then, we have produced groundbreaking devices like Fire tablets, Fire TV, and Amazon Echo. What will you help us create?
Work hard. Have fun. Make history.
As a Senior Technical Program Manager, you will lead an experienced, multidisciplinary team to conceive, design and deliver innovative hardware prototypes, automated test systems, laboratory robots, and precision calibration fixtures for internal device customers. You will drive requirements definition, establish and maintain aggressive project schedules, and deliver on your commitments. You must be responsive, flexible and able to succeed within an open collaborative peer environment.
The ideal candidate will work closely with the Prototyping, Automation, and Calibration (PAC) Manager to shape the team, establish stretch goals, and effectively manage multiple projects in various phases of the product life cycle. Specifically, the Senior Technical Program Manager for the PAC team will:
- Drive requirements definition through close collaboration with internal device customers
- Build and manage complex plans that include detailed project schedules, resource constraints/requirements, critical path analysis, and other key performance metrics
- Lead cross functional project meetings and milestone reviews
- Present project status and escalate issues quickly to management
- Manage project builds internally and procurements at outside suppliers
This position may require domestic and international travel to support customer needs.