Amazon Lab126 is an inventive research and development company that designs and engineers high-profile consumer electronics. Lab126 began in 2004 as a subsidiary of Amazon.com, Inc., originally creating the best-selling Kindle family of products. Since then, we have produced groundbreaking devices like Fire tablets, Fire TV and Amazon Echo. What will you help us create? Work hard. Have fun. Make history.
We are seeking a highly motivated Quality Assurance Technician to join our data collection team. The ideal candidate will be flexible, detail-oriented, and skilled at working with internal customers (Hardware, Software, Product teams) for data collection tool testing and provide technical support to data collection teams. As a QAT on the team, you will champion the quality of our features in our development pipeline using both automated and manual tests, reporting and verifying defects, and signing-off on features and release candidates
Your role includes:
- Travel to different locations in bay area and others to support data collection
- Running test cases on devices – such as executing use case scenario based testing.
- Test data collection tool for new software builds and releases
- Write, read, run, and enhance scripts in collaboration with Software teams
- Work with hardware and software teams to create test plans and test cases
- Execute test cases in the field and interpret and report testing results, and be a vocal proponent for quality in every phase of the development process
- Find, isolate, document, regress, and track bugs through resolution
- Support data collection projects including setup and verification of all system components, trouble-shooting during set-up and live sessions, and ensure data integrity and upload, metrics reporting tasks and processes, and document best practices
- Provide technical support to the field operation team.
- Apply knowledge of wireless and networking technologies, mobile devices, and quality assurance practices to ensure that connected devices meet all target requirements
- Gaining knowledge of the features and detailed functional requirements of the work well enough to execute your assigned tests
- Lift 3-40 lbs. of weight, with or without reasonable accommodation, if and when needed to test and move devices
- May need to shift working hours or dates depending on the project needs