Amazon Lab126 is an inventive research and development company that designs and engineers high-profile consumer electronics. Lab126 began in 2004 as a subsidiary of Amazon.com, Inc., originally creating the best-selling Kindle family of products. Since then, we have produced groundbreaking devices like Fire tablets, Fire TV, and Amazon Echo. What will you help us create?
We are a smart team of doers that work passionately to apply cutting edge advances in robotics and software to solve real-world challenges that will transform our customers’ experiences in ways we can’t even imagine yet. As a Sr. Embedded Software Engineer, you will be working with a unique and gifted team developing exciting products for consumers and collaborate with cross-functional engineering teams, including Amazon Robotics.
We are looking for a talented and passionate Sr. Embedded Software Engineer to be part of an exciting team. You will have an enormous opportunity to make a large impact on the design, architecture, and implementation of cutting edge products used every day, by people you know. In this role, you will:
· Be responsible for system architecture and development of new features for embedded systems
· Investigate, prototype and deliver new and innovative system solutions
· Design, develop and verify firmware and drivers for embedded systems
· Participate in design reviews, API development, and documentation
· Work with new technologies that are vital to product development
· Deliver investigation plans and reports, architectural documents, design specs, software and firmware source code, build scripts
· Perform tasks including debug, bring-up, Beta and production software development
· Successfully collaborate with both software and hardware product teams