Amazon Lab126 is an inventive research and development company that designs and engineers high-profile consumer electronics. Lab126 began in 2004 as a subsidiary of Amazon.com, Inc., originally creating the best-selling Kindle family of products. Since then, we have produced groundbreaking devices like Fire tablets, Fire TV and Amazon Echo. What will you help us create? The Role:
As a Senior Compliance Engineer you will be an integral part of the product development team and influence an experienced cross-disciplinary staff to conceive and design innovative products while ensuring that all Amazon devices are designed, tested and certified to comply with worldwide regulatory requirements . You must be a technical leader and subject matter experts with a deep working knowledge of EMC compliance, consumer electronics and wireless devices and technology.
You will work closely with the design and business/marketing teams throughout the product life cycle to develop the product strategy. You will have a strong understanding of regulatory compliance scheme and the processes required to determine relevant compliance requirement, test, debug, certify and enable market access for Amazon products. The Senior Compliance Engineer will also work with operations and sustaining to ensure our devices stay in compliance throughout their product lifetimes. Key responsibilities include
- Drive a standardized and harmonized approach to Regulatory Compliance across Amazon’s suite of products.
- Working with engineering team, including the product/program managers, actively educate them on regulatory requirements for new and existing products, help guide compliant design development and verify compliance through test debug and validation activities.
- Technical leader able to utilize deep knowledge and experience to support junior compliance engineers on product regulatory compliance issues and failures.
- Determine and interprete the relevant regulatory standards for Amazon products.
- Establishing and maintaining guidelines and best design practices to mitigate compliance issues early in the design phase.
- Participate in mechanical and electrical design reviews to ensure EMC/EMI and WLAN mitigations are properly implemented in the design.
- Hands-on testing experience for EMC/EMI compliance during development (pre-compliance testing).
- Work with 3rd party labs to test and validate Amazon products and support testing from a hardware and software perspective
- Debug and root cause failures at the test lab to determination issue point and assist the design team to implement corrective design actions.
- Filing official paperwork and final approval from the proper government or regulatory bodies (FCC/CE/TELEC/WPC for WLAN, WAN , and industry certifications.
- Responsible for determining regulatory artwork for labels as required by certification bodies
- Stay up to date on any changes to global agency approvals and testing procedures