Amazon Lab126 is an inventive research and development company that designs and engineers high-profile consumer electronics. Lab126 began in 2004 as a subsidiary of Amazon.com, Inc., originally creating the best-selling Kindle family of products. Since then, we have produced groundbreaking devices like Fire tablets, Fire TV and Amazon Echo. What will you help us create?
The Senior Materials Program Manager (MPM) owns program managing all aspects of materials impacting the supply chain and financial health of the product from concept through EOL (end of life) for groundbreaking, highly integrated consumer products. This person has a business orientation and is responsible for working within the local and remote operations, engineering and software teams driving development, implementation and management of the product budget and supply chain continuity. This person is the business voice responsible for capturing, documenting and communicating financial exposures and outlay as it relates to their product. They are involved throughout all stages of the product family's lifecycle to ensure Lab126 achieve all financial targets through end-of-life. They will support weekly executive product line reviews outlining performance against budget, target and actual cost. In this role, you will:
- Work with engineering and the supply chain team to set program cost targets at a commodity level for your project.
- Track the program actual costs versus target to identify program deltas and corrective actions to bring back on track.
- Attend program new product introduction meetings to understand the cost implication of engineering and/or process changes as related to you product fully loaded cost targets.
- Work with the OEM to set your product purchase order cost for the upcoming period.
- Drive the supply chain and operations team to provide detailed cost reduction forecast that enable you to meet and exceed your product goals.
- Advise Engineering of supplier requested design release dates and associated material risks
- Collaborate with cross functional team members to identify, mitigate and monitor the risks associated with Bill of Material (BOM), Raw Material, Cost, Supplier Plan of Record (SPOR), Tooling and Schedule.
- Drive Supply Chain to meet material required dates.
- Host weekly executive management cost reviews that deep dive through every aspect of your product cost.
- Bridge/reconcile any changes to the Mass Production Tooling Budget and drive appropriate action(s) to mitigate risk and close gaps
- Track and monitor all critical components with regards to component qualification throughout the whole product life cycle
- Some travel may be required (i.e. 4x per year for 2 weeks duration, internationally)