Amazon Lab126 is an inventive research and development company that designs and engineers high-profile consumer electronics. Lab126 began in 2004 as a subsidiary of Amazon.com, Inc., originally creating the best-selling Kindle family of products. Since then, we have produced groundbreaking devices like Fire tablets, Fire TV and Amazon Echo. What will you help us create?
Lab126 is an inventive research and development company that designs and engineers high-profile, portable, hand-held consumer electronics products, like the Kindle and the new Kindle Fire. The products we design and engineer are easy-to-use and offer users benefits that are only made possible through tightly integrated digital technologies and wireless connectivity.
As a Commodity Manager, you will:
- Develop a commodity roadmap aligning business requirements with supplier capabilities
- Be responsible for AVL for commodity managing supplier selection, qualification and price negotiation
- Manage all aspects of new supplier bring-up including database management in Agile or other ERP systems
- Ensure a competitive sourcing environment leading to continuous improvement in quality, cost, service and technology
- Interface with Planning and Program Management to assess current and future sourcing requirements
- Help drive quarterly supplier business reviews that defines, among other things, market and business analysis, product roadmaps, supplier capabilities and annual / quarterly strategic business objectives
- Maintain expertise/knowledge of market trends including rigorous analysis of market drivers, cost structures, technical improvements and competitive landscape
- Travel periodically to supplier’s manufacturing sites
- Support our OEM supplier initiatives including annual cost reductions, VMI/JIT, lead-time reductions, favorable payment terms, etc.
- Work closely with Materials Management team to identify material shortages at contract manufacturing sites. Work with the supply base to close shortages and ensure on time product shipment