As a Sr. Software Development Manager working on emerging products, you will be directly responsible for defining and building the next generation of products for Amazon. You will be working with a unique and gifted team developing new, exciting and cutting-edge products for consumers. The team is a multidisciplinary group of engineers, scientists, and business people engaged in a fast-paced mission to deliver these new products. The team faces a challenging task of balancing cost, schedule, technical invention, and performance requirements. You should be comfortable collaborating in a fast-paced and often uncertain environment, and contributing to innovative solutions, while demonstrating leadership, technical competence, and meticulousness. You should also be comfortable collaborating regularly with colleagues across many of Amazon’s current businesses, including devices, retail, and AWS.
- Manage multiple teams of high caliber Software Engineers working on building world class, scalable distributed systems
- Recruit, hire, mentor, and coach Software Development Managers at different levels of experience
- Manage and execute against project plans and delivery commitments within an Agile/Scrum environment
- Contribute to and lead design, architecture, process and development discussions
- Own all operational metrics and support for your teams' software
- Drive improvements in software engineering practices across engineering teams