Amazon Lab126 is an inventive research and development company that designs and engineers high-profile devices like the Kindle family of products. Lab126 began in 2004 as a subsidiary of Amazon.com, Inc. Since then, we have worked to produce best-selling e-readers and tablets, as well as new inventions like Fire TV and Fire phone. What will you help us create?
Work hard. Have fun. Make history.
As an Audio Data Engineer in the Audio Technology team, you will engage with an experienced cross-disciplinary staff to conceive, design, and develop innovative consumer products. You must be responsive, flexible, and able to succeed within a collaborative peer environment. You will need to be able to work efficiently and effectively in a fun, fast-paced, dynamic team environment. As an Audio Data Engineer, you will help develop, execute and maintain software to collect the audio data sets used to evaluate and track the performance of audio algorithms for a wide range of products. You should have a combination of knowledge of Quality Assurance, solid understanding of the operating system, as well as knowledge of object-oriented design principles. The data capture software you build should allow high quality audio data collection in production-level code as well as expose defects at the component and feature-integration level. You should have the ability to communicate clearly and effectively. Candidates will need to define data collection plans, data collection specifications, data collection suites, and test cases as well as design tools for unit, functional, and performance testing in a programmatic manner.
As an Audio Data Engineer, you will:
- Connect audio equipment (audio interface, microphones, loudspeakers)
- Collect different types of audio data in different types of environments/conditions
- Create new audio data to be used for exploring device performance and debugging device code
- Write scripts to automate data processing (preferably Bash/Shell and Python)
- Understand/write C++ code in order to effectively work with and assist software development engineers
- Documenting the performance of the devices in the different testing conditions
- Work with product teams in order to define appropriate tests for each product
- Interpret testing results and be a vocal proponent for quality in every phase of the development process