Amazon Web Services provides a highly reliable, scalable, low-cost infrastructure platform in the cloud that powers hundreds of thousands of businesses in 190 countries around the world. AWS has the broadest and deepest set of machine learning and AI services for our customers’ businesses. We are seeking experienced Physical Design Engineer to build the next generation of our cloud server platforms. Our success depends on our world-class infrastructure; we’re handling massive scale and rapid integration of emergent technologies.
As a member of the Cloud-Scale Machine Learning Acceleration team you’ll be responsible for the design and optimization of Hardware in our data centers including technologies such as AWS Inferentia which is a machine learning inference product designed to deliver high performance at low cost.
You’ll provide leadership in the application of new technologies to large scale deployments in a continuous effort to deliver a world-class customer experience. This is a fast-paced, intellectually challenging position, and you’ll work with thought-leaders in multiple technology areas. You’ll have high standards for yourself and everyone you work with, and you’ll be constantly looking for ways to improve our products' performance, quality and cost. We’re changing an industry, and we want individuals who are ready for this challenge and want to reach beyond what is possible today. Key Responsibilities:
- Work with RTL/logic designers to drive architectural feasibility studies, explore power-performance-area tradeoffs for physical design closure
- Drive block physical implementation through synthesis, formal verification, floor planning, bus / pin planning, place and route, power/clock distribution, congestion analysis, timing closure, IR drop analysis, physical verification, ECO and sign-off
- Develop physical design methodologies
- Evaluate 3rd party IP and provide recommendations
- Be a highly-valued member of our start-up like team through excellent collaboration and teamwork with other physical design engineers as well as with the RTL/Arch. teams