Amazon Web Services (AWS) provides companies of all sizes with an
infrastructure web services platform in the cloud. With AWS, you can
requisition compute power, storage, and other services – paying as you
go for only the resources you need. AWS Glue is a cloud-based data transformation and integration service that simplifies the data preparation process for analytics. AWS Glue automates the tedious, labor-intensive tasks of building data lakes and authoring and maintaining extract-transform-and-load (ETL) pipelines. This allows customers to spend their time focusing on their data and business insights.
Joining the AWS Glue gives you the opportunity to:
- Work on a disruptive product that’s still in its early stages
- Solve challenging problems that will revolutionize database computing in the cloud
- Build a product that will leverage the scale of resources available in the cloud
- Work for a company that’s a recognized leader in the cloud computing space
- Be involved in the fast growing, big data space
We are looking for developers with expertise and passion for building
large-scale data-intensive systems and distributed systems. In
particular, we are looking for developers that want to work on the
next generation big data systems that will transform data management
on AWS and across the industry.
Experience with large scale data analytics, big data platforms, highly
available/fault tolerant systems, replicated data storage, and
operating complex services running in the cloud are all pluses.
In this role, you will have responsibility for:
- Be proactive in solving the problems and looking for ways to improve our services.
- Continuously develop systems and automation to improve the availability and reliability of AWS Glue.
- Design and build systems and automation to drive performance and scalability goals of AWS Glue.
- Work with all forms of technical and non-technical peers to build, deliver, and manage the infrastructure and services across all of AWS Glue.
- Have a strong sense of ownership and be obsessed with delighting our customers!
- Be a technical leader and driver for operational excellence.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation