Senior Manager of Software Development - AWS Glue - Seattle, WA
Amazon Web Services (AWS) provides companies of all sizes with an
infrastructure web services platform in the cloud. With AWS, you can
requisition compute power, storage, and other services – paying as you
go for only the resources you need. AWS is the leading platform for designing and developing applications for the cloud, has over 400,000 third party developers writing applications for the platform and is currently used by leading companies like New York Times, Netflix and NASA/JPL. See details at http://aws.amazon.com.
The Database Services group provides rapidly growing, industry acclaimed cloud services in areas of big data platforms, data warehouses, analytics, and operational databases. The group is at the forefront of innovation in these areas producing world-class cloud services, which while large profitable businesses, are also in their infancy. They represent a large fraction of the AWS business, and continue to accelerate.
AWS Glue is a fully managed, next-generation data integration service. AWS Glue makes it simple and cost-effective to organize and categorize your data, as well as clean, enrich, and prepare it for fast analytics. We are looking for an experienced leader to take our early lead in the Big Data market and extend it by defining and delivering industry-leading, next-generation services architected for the cloud.
Joining AWS Glue gives you the opportunity to:
- Work on a disruptive product that’s still in its early stages
- Solve challenging problems that will revolutionize Big Data computing in the cloud
- Build a product that will leverage the scale of resources available in the cloud
- Work for a company that’s a recognized leader in the cloud computing space
- Be involved in the fast growing, Big Data space
- Lead and grow a software development team responsible for rethinking traditional data warehousing, analytics, and database architectures
- Manage the design, implementation, test, and deployment
- Conceive innovative new solutions for our customers, at the intersection of multiple fields: Big Data, analytics, warehousing, and machine learning.
- Mentor senior engineers and managers, provide leadership on complex technical issues, design tradeoffs, and feature and schedule prioritization
- Work with senior executives to develop business targets and resource requirements, and influence our technical and business strategy
- Help hire talented engineers and managers
This position within the Big Data team represents a unusual opportunity to shape the technology and future of a rapidly evolving industry and business. As with all Amazon positions, you will also be deeply customer-centric.