Amazon Lab126 is an inventive research and development company that designs and engineers high-profile consumer electronics. Lab126 began in 2004 as a subsidiary of Amazon.com, Inc., originally creating the best-selling Kindle family of products. Since then, we have produced groundbreaking devices like Fire tablets, Fire TV, and Amazon Echo. What will you help us create?
“If you do not work on an important problem, it's unlikely you'll do important work.” – Richard Hamming
We have important problems to solve. There are great, world-changing products that should exist, but do not, because the technology to enable them does not exist. Yet. That’s where you come in.
We are a smart team of doers that work passionately to apply cutting-edge advances in and to solve real-world challenges that will transform our customers’ experiences in ways we can’t even imagine yet. Key responsibilities will be to conduct research and development in algorithms and to collaborate with cross-functional engineering teams, including Amazon , to put the concepts you develop into production. You will determine where commercially available solution and academic research can be applied to solve Amazon business problems, as well as identify opportunities for innovation. You will use a large amount of data to train and test algorithms to bring them up to production level quality.
If this describes you, come join our team at Lab126 in the heart of Silicon Valley. The team is using , image recognition, , real-time and distributed systems to convert requirements into concrete deliverables. A Researcher on this team will translate business and functional requirements into working code. Comfort with a high degree of ambiguity and ability to solve problems that haven’t been solved to scale before are essential.
· Research, design, implement and evaluate novel algorithms
· Work on large-scale datasets, focusing on creating scalable and accurate systems in versatile application fields
· Collaborate closely with team members on developing systems from prototyping to production level
· Collaborate with teams spread all over the world
· Work closely with engineering teams to drive scalable, real-time implementations
· Track general business activity and provide clear, compelling management reports on a regular basis