Amazon Lab126 is an inventive research and development company that designs and engineers high-profile devices like the Kindle family of products. Lab126 began in 2004 as a subsidiary of Amazon.com
, Inc. Since then, we have worked to produce best-selling e-readers and tablets, as well as new inventions like Fire TV Amazon Echo. What will you help us create? The Role:
We are a smart team of doers that work passionately to apply cutting edge advances in robotics and software to solve real-world challenges that will transform our customers’ experiences in ways we can’t even imagine yet. As a Software Development Engineer, you will be working with a unique and gifted team developing exciting products for consumers and collaborate with cross-functional engineering teams, including Amazon Robotics.
As framework system engineer on the platform team, you will take part in the implementation and trouble shooting of issues across the framework . You will work closely with the BSP and application teams to ensure the highest level of quality for your deliverables. The Role:
The ideal candidates have current and extensive experience on building frameworks (like Android) to new platforms and providing a level of customization required to ship a differentiated product. They understand what the limitations of the platform are and can design and implement additional services or help optimize existing ones to meet the product requirements. They have experience on troubleshooting issues across the framework stack.
- You have in-depth expertise working with frameworks on consumer electronics products. You can dive in various areas to root cause problems or optimize for performance and power
- You enjoy working side by side with partners, colleagues and teams on tough problems.
- You have experience working on consumer electronics products
- You are highly effective and thrive in a dynamic environment with multiple, changing priorities.
- You take great pride in innovate new products that are used by millions of users.
- You know what's important when releasing software to end users and have been through the process from start to finish.
- You are comfortable with proactive outward communication and technical leadership and never shy away from a challenge.
- You have worked on Android based products or ROS based products and understand how to integrate the different drivers within the platform.