Ring has a mission to reduce crime in neighborhoods. With affordable solutions that work on any home, Ring is committed to offering smart security that’s accessible to everyone. Now Ring is part of the Amazon Devices family, and are seeking for technical managers who will help us create the next generation of home security. What will you help us create?
Work hard. Have fun. Make history.
As a Software Development Manager – Ring, you will be responsible for leading a team of engineers working on cutting edge large scale cloud services that will be used by millions of Ring and Cloud Cam customers. This position gives you the opportunity to work with world class engineers and to build cloud systems to support millions of devices. The role will be working on continuing the development of the Ring infrastructure, and helping it to work with within the larger Amazon ecosystem. Work with streaming video, large scale deployments and high performance computing, as well as solve distributed systems problems. This position involves team management, design, architecture and operation of large scale cloud systems.
- Working with internal and external teams to bring Ring technology to their roadmap
- Ownership of the overall systems development life cycle.
- Execution against project plans and timely delivery of committed results.
- Management of day-to-day activities of the engineering team within an Agile/Scrum environment.
- Management of departmental resources, staffing, and mentoring.
- Building, enhancing and maintaining a best-in-class engineering team.
- Working closely with the engineers to architect and develop the best technical designs.
- Report on status of development, quality, operations, and system performance to management.
- Maintenance and enhancement of software frameworks for development.