Amazon Lab126 is an inventive research and development company that designs and engineers high-profile consumer electronics. Lab126 began in 2004 as a subsidiary of Amazon.com, Inc., originally creating the best-selling Kindle family of products. Since then, we have produced groundbreaking devices like Fire TV and Amazon Echo.
We are a smart team of doers that work passionately to apply cutting edge advances in robotics and machine learning to solve real-world challenges that will transform our customers’ experiences in ways we can’t even imagine yet. This is a great opportunity to work on a V1 and help building a product line from the ground up.
We are looking for a strongly technical, customer-focused Sr. TPM with a start-up mentality and skills that span research science, software engineering, program management and strategic vision.
In this role, you will:
- Drive design and implementation of new features spanning multiple teams. Your software engineering expertise and your domain knowledge machine learning, images recognition and robotics, enables you to find pragmatic and quick solutions.
- Actively identify and resolve strategic issues that may impair the team’s ability to meet strategic, financial, and technical goals. Your program management skills allow you to efficiently coordinate and track work across multiple teams. Your start-up mentality let you find work-around for any blocking work item.
- Earn trust through regular communication with senior management on status, risks and change control. Your program management and communication skills allows you to effectively drive written and verbal communication, to lead meetings with scientists, program managers, customers, and executives, and seamlessly adapt information for use by key stakeholders. Your domain knowledge enables you to translate feedback into actionable items for research and engineering teams.
- Build strong processes and lead a disciplined execution cadence. Your software engineering and program management background allows you to drive design and implementation of fully automated pipelines working across products and locales.
- Lead definition, data collection and progress for key metrics. Your analytical skills helps you defining KPIs to measure the quality of the product functionalities. You analyze data sets to understand trends, look for root causes and drive improvements across multiple teams.