Amazon Lab126 is an inventive research and development company that designs and engineers high-profile consumer electronics. Lab126 began in 2004 as a subsidiary of Amazon.com, Inc., originally creating the best-selling Kindle family of products. Since then, we have produced groundbreaking devices like Fire tablets, Fire TV, Dash Button, Amazon Echo and Alexa. What will you help us create?
As a Senior Technical Program Manager within the Amazon Devices organization, you will be responsible for identifying, scoping, and delivering a large end to end cloud-based project. You will engage with an experienced cross-disciplinary staff to conceive of and design innovative consumer products. You will be comfortable working across time zones and through ambiguity. You thrive through building consensus and driving teams towards results. You will anticipate bottlenecks, provide escalation management, anticipate and make tradeoffs, and balance the business needs versus technical constraints. An ability to take large, complex projects and break them down into manageable pieces, develop functional specifications, then deliver them in a successful and timely manner is expected. Maturity, high judgment, negotiation skills, ability to influence, analytical talent and leadership are essential to success in this role.
The right candidate will possess proven program management skills, demonstrate experience leading medium to large products and projects. You are expected to be versatile and able to thrive in a dynamic, entrepreneurial environment. You are not hindered by managing competing priorities and are able to bring order to ambiguous scenarios. You will be data-driven and analytical. You can clearly & effectively communicate (written as well as verbally) across the org and up to senior leadership.
- Work with key stakeholders in executive teams, product management, and marketing teams to define strategy and requirements
- Work with remote and multi-site teams to deliver supporting software and services in sync with launch timelines
- Communicate regularly with senior management on status, risks, and change control
- Stand with & defend your convictions as well as accept others’ point of views when needed
- Must be able & willing to travel internationally