Amazon Lab126 is an inventive research and development company that designs and manufactures high-profile consumer electronics. Lab126 began in 2004 as a subsidiary of Amazon.com, Inc., originally creating the best-selling Kindle family of products. Since then, we have produced groundbreaking devices such as the Amazon Echo, Fire tablets, and Fire TV. What will you help us create?
As a Sr. Engineer in the Technical Operations organization, you will be the primary interface to the new product engineering and operations teams for all cost, schedule and technical issues related to the Power, Propulsion and Charging Station subsystems. You will partner with them, our Contract Manufacturers (CMs), and our suppliers to usher new products into manufacturing environments and support them through the production lifecycle. You will leverage your deep engineering domain expertise to provide technical leadership for those teams, and be accountable for the results. You will identify problems well before they occur, and avoid them. The Role:
You are a key participant in the Product Operations organization responsible to usher new products into production. Activities include:
- Lead the investigation and adoption of new manufacturing technologies and processes.
- Lead DfX (Manufacturing, Assembly, Supply Chain, Cost, Serviceability, Sustainability, Reliability, Safety, etc.) studies, and work closely with the engineering teams to ensure that critical changes are incorporated in a timely manner. Perform gatekeeping duties as required at program checkpoint meetings.
- Develop a deep technical understanding of the products, then define the integration strategies for component and subassembly level integration activities.
- Co-architect the subassembly level manufacturing lines with the Principal Technical Operations Test Engineer.
- Develop fixture and automated assembly equipment specifications; oversee their design and assembly.
- Develop or approve all manufacturing-related subassembly integration procedures.
- Improve first-pass yields and production efficiencies by proactively identifying the root causes of failures and ensuring that corrective actions are performed in a timely manner.
- Provide sustaining engineering support for new products as required from production ramp though End-Of-Life.
- Leverage your deep manufacturing experience, and the experience of our CMs and suppliers, to mitigate manufacturing technical risk, improve product designs, manufacturing processes and yields.