Alexa is the Amazon cloud service that powers devices like Echo and FireTV – Amazon’s groundbreaking devices designed around voice. The Graphiq Team that is part of Alexa Information Team combines natural language understanding, large volume of structured knowledge, and natural language generation to answer our customers’ questions in the most natural way possible.
We are looking for a Manager of Product Management to join our International Team located in beautiful Santa Barbara, California. The International Team is focused on expanding Alexa’s knowledge base so that Alexa can comprehensively understand and answer questions in many languages from all around the world.
This role will oversee a team that will coordinate and execute launches into new locales and is responsible for delighting Alexa’s expanding customer base with precise answers to challenging questions. He/she will manage the expansion of knowledge products, work cross-functionally with teams across Alexa, and monitor the progress of multiple locales. A successful candidate will be able to foster creativity and innovation on her/his team, can dive deep if needed, and is never out of touch with the details of the technology.
We are looking for someone with a genuine interest and curiosity for the international space, and someone who can truly put the customer first to understand the importance of successfully answering queries from users around the globe.
In this role, you will:
- Lead the launch of Graphiq’s question answering capabilities into new locales working cross functionally with engineering, analytics, and product management team members in multiple locations
- Manage international Knowledge Engineers and hire and develop great people
- Define creative, high quality, scalable product roadmaps for new locales based on team strategy and vision and identify and define requirements for Graphiq’s internationalization efforts
- Manage prioritization and trade-offs among customer experience, performance and operational support load
- Identify potential dependencies or challenges, escalate issues when needed
- Proactively identify and resolve strategic issues that may impair the team’s ability to meet strategic, financial, and technical goals