Amazon Lab126 is an inventive research and development company that designs and engineers high-profile consumer electronics. Lab126 began in 2004 as a subsidiary of Amazon.com, Inc., originally creating the best-selling Kindle family of products. Since then, we have produced groundbreaking devices like Fire Tablets, Fire TV, and Amazon Echo.
What will you help us create?
We are working on products that have the potential to transform people’s day to day lives. This is a unique opportunity to disrupt the industry and introduce new products to customers. We are a smart team of doers that work passionately to apply cutting edge advances in robotics and machine learning software to solve real-world challenges. As a Principal TPM , you will anticipate bottlenecks, provide escalation management, anticipate and make tradeoffs, and balance the business needs versus technical constraints. An ability to take large, complex problems and break them down into manageable pieces, develop functional specifications, then deliver them in a successful and timely manner is expected. You should be comfortable collaborating in a fast-paced and often uncertain environment, and contributing to innovative solutions, while demonstrating leadership, technical competence, and meticulousness. You will be working with a unique and gifted team developing exciting products for consumers and collaborate with cross-functional engineering teams, including Amazon Robotics.
The Ideal Candidate:
If you are someone who has passion for shipping products and you have demonstrated experience for the same, we would love to hear from you. The ideal candidate has the courage of conviction. They are quick on their feet, take solid decisions, and are flexible to see various sides of a situation. Your experience with building technology, processes, and tools across a large number of teams will be extremely important for this opportunity. You will have an opportunity to create and drive processes that will influence several hundreds of Engineering resources. It is important that you can earn trust of your peers, stakeholders, and executives through your body of work and consistency. Most importantly, you are able to lead without authority and get things done. If you have exhibited these skills in delivery of a consumer product, you will enjoy this role. This role has VP and Senior VP level visibility and it will test your skills of synthesis and attention to detail at the same time.
1. Work with key stakeholders in product management and executive teams to define strategy and requirements
2. Create processes, mechanisms, and tools that shape the delivery of the program
3. Manage budget and Fixed/Variable cost for the program
4. Manage ambiguity and competing priorities while staying focused on short term and long-term goals
5. Earn trust through regular verbal and written communication with senior management on status, risks and change control
6. Define, measure and report on metrics and success indicators. We make decisions based on data
7. Be resourceful and find creative solutions to complex technical and organizational challenges