The Amazon Devices team designs and engineers high-profile consumer electronics, including the best-selling Kindle family of products. We have also produced groundbreaking devices like Fire tablets, Fire TV, Amazon Dash, and Amazon Echo.
What will you help us create?
The Software development Manager will be part of the Home Product software organization and will be responsible for leading one or more teams including BSP, Frameworks, or Audio for Home Products devices. The Home Products team builds the Amazon Echo, Echo Dot, Amazon Tap, and related devices.
As a Software Development Manager, you will be responsible for hiring and leading a team of framework and low level engineers to create software for devices in the Echo family. In this position you will partner with the hardware team, the Android team, the Connectivity team, product managers, project managers and other internal resources. You will also own relationships with vendors and partners for related technology.
The Senior Software Development Manager will provide technical leadership and management for the Austin, TX teams. This hands-on position requires broad engineering competence, low level system background and and a good understanding of hardware. In addition, it will require demonstrated experience successfully planning, organizing and conducting software development projects in a dynamic environment.
The ideal candidate will be passionate about simple and elegant software solutions and focus on improving performance and reliability. The leader we are looking for will bring proven experience building, managing and mentoring engineering teams. In this role, you will:
· Work closely with the engineers to architect and develop the best technical design and approach
· Instill best practices for software development and documentation, assure designs meet requirements and deliver high-quality work on tight schedules
· Manage departmental resources, staffing and mentoring and enhance and maintain a best-in-class engineering team.
· Maintain and improve existing software
· Prepare technical requirements and software design specifications
· Report on status of development, quality, operations and system performance to management