Fire TV is the #1 best-selling streaming media player is the US – a tiny box that connects your HDTV to a world of online content. This is an opportunity to join a newly formed Fire TV Search Experience Team focused on connecting customers with entertaining and engaging content.
We are building a unified search experience across categories of digital entertainment, including the most popular video catalogs from the likes of Amazon Video, Netflix and Hulu, internet videos, apps & games, and music – all accessible through an Alexa powered voice search. Our technology stack is powered by Java-based services, AWS services (such as Amazon Elasticsearch Service, Amazon CloudSearch, AWS Lambda, and Amazon EMR), and Alexa’s Natural Language Understanding (NLU).
We are looking for a Software Development Engineer with a strong technical background, and a passion for search technologies and digital entertainment. If you were to join today, you’d get an opportunity to:
- Bring new content to Fire TV through search
- Make search smarter, by working with Alexa to gain a deeper understanding of user queries
- Leverage a big data & analytics pipeline to gain insight into search patterns and quality
- Continuously improve the search experience and relevance by experimenting with new features and algorithms, and measuring their impact
- Build a video catalog search platform that can be leveraged by other teams in Fire TV to improve the overall product experience
- Help set the technical and product direction for the team