Alexa is the Amazon cloud service that powers Echo, the groundbreaking new Amazon device designed around your voice. Voice is the most natural user interface for interacting in the home and is quickly becoming the preferred way to seek information on any topic, at any time, from any place. Whether in the kitchen with Echo, on the couch with Fire TV, or the go with mobile, customers expect Alexa to delight them with immediate and accurate answers to their questions.
The Sr. User Experience Researcher is responsible for bringing customer insights into every phase of the product development process, ensuring we have the customer data we need to delight users throughout their information seeking experience. He/she is responsible for generating insights into how customers interact information through Alexa, considering the problem holistically as well as deep diving into individual content areas (entertainment, sports, science, business, weather, and more).
Our research work ranges from formative to evaluative studies, field research to usability and lab studies. You should have broad skills in user research, product research, and design research methods and a thorough understanding of qualitative and quantitative research concepts.Responsibilities
- Create a deep understanding and empathy for our target customers through primary field research, behavioral analysis, secondary research, surveys, remote usability testing, surveys, lab studies, hypothesis testing, and other methods (existing or invented) that you identify to be most effective.
- Work closely with product and design teams to identify research topics and critical research questions, create detailed study plans and build a research roadmap; communicate and refresh on a regular basis to ensure impact and relevancy.
- Identify the best method or mix of methods based on research questions, timeline and resourcing.
- Ability to develop metrics that appropriately reflect the user experience quality of a feature, product or system.
- Understand different data types from different sources and perform quick but thorough data analysis in order to create insightful and actionable findings.
- Work cross-functionally with design, product management, and engineering, to communicate results and recommendations through detailed reports and presentations, and advocate on behalf of our customers.
- Act as a representative within a larger Alexa user researcher community. Collect and synthesize useful research from across the organization, bringing insights back to your team.