Alexa is the groundbreaking, cloud-based intelligent agent that powers Echo and other devices designed around your voice. Our mission is to push the envelope in Artificial Intelligence (AI), Natural Language Understanding (NLU), Machine Learning (ML), Dialog Management, Automatic Speech Recognition (ASR), and Audio Signal Processing, in order to provide the best-possible experience for our customers.
We’re looking for a Software Development Manager to help build industry-leading conversational technologies that customers will love.
As a Software Development Manager for the Alexa team, you will be responsible for leading a team of research engineers and driving the design, development, testing, and deployment of large-scale interactive systems from AI and NLU research initiatives. A successful candidate will have an established background in managing the development of existing code, scaling systems with large data sets, automation, developing customer-facing experiences, and delivering results in a fast-paced environment. Additional responsibilities include:
- Hiring, developing, and mentoring researcher engineers, and managing the day-to-day activities of the engineering team in an Agile/Scrum environment
- Working closely with engineers to architect and develop the best technical designs and implementations of advanced AI algorithms
- Owning the strategic planning and project execution for long-term engineering projects, creating value for our customers
- Managing the overall systems development life cycle
- Communicating effectively with senior management as well as with colleagues from research teams, software engineering teams, and other technical and business teams
- Regular reporting on the status of development, quality, operations, and system performance to management